Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2003

Archive for posts from September, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: WHERE CAN I GET

: THANKS

www.thewho.net has a lot of tabs. Best place I've found.

Help mi to upgrade my digistudio bossBR8

my bewtefull and gently portative digistudio Boss BR8 is distroed one year ago!!!, and i can^t find operatiom sistem or any drivers ... Please - HELP!!!!

the real inventor

can someone pleeaase tell me who really invented the electric guitar? i hane to do a project for school...

Re: the real inventor

Technically it was Lester Paulfus (Les Paul). I believe he hooked up a phonograph needle to an acoustic in order to amplify the signal for playing in a bar. Start your research with him.

: can someone pleeaase tell me who really invented the electric guitar? i hane to do a project for school...

: can someone pleeaase tell me who really invented the electric guitar? i have to do a project for school...

: can someone pleeaase tell me who really invented the electric guitar? i have to do a project for school...

Pickups

have an old Charvel Model 6, made in Japan in the late 80s. I love the single coil pickups but don't know what they are. Thay only have the Jackson logo on them and I have been able to find that Jackson called them JC-100 I believe. It looks as if it were made by EMG, it is passive. I want more of them but don't know what they are, and neither does EMG, I contacted them. Does anyone know what todays equivalent is and where I can get them? Part 2: I love the center PU on my Ibanez RG-550 as well and can only determine that it is a S1 or part number 3PU1J1S1B2. What is it, what can I buy that is the same?

Stella guitar bridges

I have a '50s Stella with a trapeze tail piece. I need a new bridge for it and I am not having much luck finding one. Help.

Re: Stella guitar bridges

I don't think you'll find one even on ebay..the trapeze tailpieces sometimes come up, but the bridge is just a crude and simple sliver of hardwood. They are simple to make from a scrap of maple or similar hardwood. If you can get have a look at another Stella you'll see how simple they really are. Cut a scrap with a hacksw, file and sand it to shape, stain it with black ink, rub in some wax to finish it..notch it for strings, job done!! Either that or I'll make you one!!! I've done lots of Stella restorations...these baby's usually need a neck re-set to get the action right, but otherwise they go on for ever.

Aria Pro II Steve Bailey Custom NEW / has to sell quick

perfect shape, I have all pics and specs for it. some specs include, active seymour duncan electronics, active basslines pickups, ebony neck with rosewood fingerboard. lots of controls. still have warranty stuff too. if your interested email me. i'm in north carolina! thanks

Re: Aria Pro II Steve Bailey Custom NEW / has to sell quick

Is this bass still available? Is it fretted or fretless? I think you mean it has a maple neck with ebony fretboard (or maple with rosewood fretboard), not ebony with rosewood. Please send information and pictures if still selling. Regards,

Craig

What all do I have to know on my guitar to play nonpop punk rock, like with the distillers type soun

What guitar equipment do the distillers use? I want to learn an easy way to play lead punk guitar, and want to improve my rythm playing.Oh, and is my silvertone by samick sg model guitar good for punk rock, and what is the best and cheapest punk rock distortion pedal? Please help me out here and email me please!!! Thanx alot!!!

leads on guitars

how can you do leads on the guiatr

Re: leads on guitars

practice yer scales/modes to start

: how can you do leads on the guiatr

ORIGINAL SCANNED GUITAR TAB TRADE - A LOT OF BOOKS!!!

ORIGINAL SCANNED GUITAR TAB TRADE - A LOT OF BOOKS!!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : ORIGINAL SCANNED GUITAR TAB TRADE - A LOT OF BOOKS!!!

HOW to repaint electric guitar?????

hi i want to get a bc rich mockingbird electric guitar and repaint to fernandes mg-145s electric with yellow body with red hearts and little love me spank me and stupid? writings on it. I can't get that model anywhere in the north america only in japan is available. here is a picture of a fernandes mg 145s that i wanna paint tohttp://www.yuumusic.com/fernandesmg145shy.html

this is a pic of what i will repaint with.http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/vohnjamm/BCR_PlatMock_MetBlu_B.JPG?allow_track_link=1&track=0224cbd733-1695&pt=bidpay&sp=1

1. What to use to remove paint/where to buy?
2. Step on how to repaint/ clearly step by step pls

thanks very much

Re: HOW to repaint electric guitar?????

im trying to do the same thing man hide rocks! have u found anything out yet?

ya i found out at www.bigheadguitars.com thatt they will repaint one for 400 for body and the head stock for 75 including return shipping and insurance. He said theres a discount if we bring in more than 1 i might bring in 2.

Hi there,

I've been talking with Ben back and forth over the past week or so. I live in Japan and am able to purchase these guitars brand-new. The larger MS-145 model is far more expensive than the Yellowhearts model that they also sell. I sell the Fernandes Yellowhearts model for $400 plus $100 shipping anywhere in the world. I accept payment via Paypal, Bidpay or postal money order. If you are interested, please don't hesitate to contact me. I am also the only online seller of Hello Kitty guitars.

Best,

Karen

hi can i paint my guitar .....

i opened my guitar its of red color & i want to repaint it in Chrome how can i do that .......plz e-mail me about this matter

looking how to repaint an electric guitar...start here
http://home.flash.net/~guitars/ReRanch101.html#clear coats

If you have an epiphone les paul classic for sale please let me know

I also have an ESP LTD MH-301 (red) guitar for sale or exchange

thank you for your time
Miguel

Guitar Pedals

Can you update me on the latest GT5/6 PEDALS AND LIST PRICES PLEASE

GT5/6 Guitar Pedals

I would like to purchase one

Bridging guitar amps...is it possible?

Is it possible to bridge solid state amps? I have two, each sounds awsome, but the sound I'm looking for is a mix of the two. Will it hurt anything to bridge them in to one mono 4x12 cabinet?

les paul pickups

any advice on upgrades for the pickups on an epi paul? the guitar is otherwise perfect. i've played lots of gibson pauls that didn't feel as good as my epi.

Re: les paul pickups

Depends on what you like to play and what you want your sound to be. Do you have a meple top or just solid mahogony? That makes a difference on the warmth of the natural sound of the wood.

Effects chain - front end and effects loop

My courent setup is guitar-wireless-wah-volume-frontend of the amp (Mesa Boogie Road King), delay-chorus in to the effects loop. I want to add a digitech whammy and a boss EQ, I think the whammy should be on the front end of the amp but I'm not sure. And where should the EQ be in the front end of the amp or the effects loop or does it matter.

Any detailed imput would be helpful

Thanks

serial number issue

a gibson les paul classic cherry sunburst with serial number 012996. Can anyone tell me how old the guitar is ? is it a 2001 / 2002 /2003 ? What's the general rule to find out how old it is by the serial number ?
thanks for an answer

Re: serial number issue

im no les paul expert ....
but i think will help you narrow it down at least if not nail it ....
http://uts.cc.utexas.edu/~mic/info/guitar/Gibson-CS-Serial-Numbers

semick 12 string

I have a semick 12 string ( dreadnoughtmodel sw 115-12
Anyone know it's value?

memphis electric guitar

hey does anyone hear know anything about memphis electric guitars? email me - archangel93@aol.com

Re: memphis electric guitar

: hey does anyone hear know anything about memphis electric guitars? email me - archangel93@aol.com

I have one too...Cant find any info anywhere...still looking, I'll let you know what I find. Please do same.

: : hey does anyone hear know anything about memphis electric guitars? email me - archangel93@aol.com
Try this site-http://websearch.cs.com/cs/redir?src=websearch&requestId=34594bf879171d3b&clickedItemRank=22&userQuery=memphis+electric+guitar&clickedItemURN=http%3A%2F%2Fstore.bluebookinc.com%2Fdownloads%2FBrowseCategory.asp%3FProduct%3Delectricguitar%26Heading%3D630&invocationType=next&fromPage=CSNextPrev

Hey, I also have an memphis electric guitar and i can't find any info about it either... plz email me if you find some info about them. My email is : Xavius_09@hotmail.com

I do have a memphis guitar i dont konw nothing about this guitar but i like it and i havent found any information on the web if you do email me

I have 2 memphis's , I have the Les Paul copy and the 335 copy, I really like memphis alot, from what i have heard about them they were primary begginer guitars, and not made as well as the other copies brands made. But i would put my Memphis 335 agianst any gibson
: hey does anyone hear know anything about memphis electric guitars? email me - archangel93@aol.com

I've got a 22fret hardbody "Memphis" electric guitar, it's a "explorer" style. I got it in a pawnshop it plays great looks awesome, sounds better and plays louder than my friends B.C. Rich Warlock. I'd like to know more about them and their worth,
email me, Prof_c@hotmail.com

LEFTY Norman B20 Acoustic Electric For Sale

This is a BEAUTIFUL looking and sounding guitar, it has a 5 band EQ and sounds remarkable plugged in. I paid a little over $800CDN for the guitar and hardshell case.
I will take the first $600CDN
Email me at sarnialuva@hotmail.com if interested.
Thanks
Jay

SERIOUS ABOUT THE MUSIC BUSINESS?

This is the all new 3rd edition of " IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION - A Beginner's Guide To Starting A Record Label", only $24.99. The web's best seller for newbies is now a perfect bound paperback book!!! We now accept secure credit card orders on-line 24-hours daily!

For more information and ordering options visit : http://www.FutureMix.biz

Record Label For Sale

The record label, Lame Rekords, is for sale. The site is temporarily disabled (until someone buys it, then we’ll put it back to the way it’s supposed to be), so www.LameRekords.com doesn’t work, but you can still see the pages if you go to www.LameRekords.com/index1.html The home link will take you to the error page, but that will be changed when someone buys it. It’s just to keep people from submitting anything to us. We also own www.LameRecords.com incase you don’t like the K. Right now, it forwards to www.LameRekords.com We recently upgraded (last week, actually) to a new server, and had to install a better message board. It uses a mySQL database, so it’s fast loading.

You’ll receive the website already completed, any adjustments to the site you want, both domains names, the contract we used and a different contract that we chose not to use, several ebooks on marketing and the music business, 2 CD printers for short run production (these are life savers), 200 printable CDs (100 white and 100 silver), a list of places where we buy our supplies (shirts, CDs, ink, ect.), an ebook on screen printing (high-quality t-shirts and hats. Great for selling to bands), and support from us. Anytime you run into a problem or just have a question, I’ll be here to help. I’ll also be here to help with any problem related to the site.

Another thing, we were planning for an online radio station, Lame Radio, where we would promote our bands by playing their songs. We had a custom-designed MP3 player in the works, but has not been finished. If you’re interested in that, I’ll make sure it gets done and help you get everything going.

I also have a database of bands from Ohio, plus several sites with unsigned bands. We primarily focused on bands from our state, Ohio, so that’s why I only have an Ohio band database. If you’re interested in a database of bands from anywhere, I could help with that. My Ohio database has over 500 bands and lists their name, genre, city, website, and contact email address.

Why are we selling? I’m graduating in December with my degree in Interactive Media. It’s programming, web design, and audio/video. My friend is in the Live Sound and Commercial Broadcast degree, so we had a couple of classes together. I had a mixer and microphones for live sound for my band, and he was interested in recording. I told him about some recording equipment and he went out and bought it. When my brother’s band needed to record, I asked my friend if he would be interested in using my mics and mixer with his equipment to record my brother’s band. That’s how Lame Rekords was started. I never really wanted a label, I just wanted to record as programming and web design was more of what I wanted to do, and audio/video was just a hobby. He said his girlfriend was going to help with the booking and promoting and our name was Lame Rekords. The domain was available, so they told me to get it. I was never really big on the K in Rekords. The domain with a C was also available, so I got that one, too. I made 4 designs, and he didn’t like them. He wanted me to do four more. His girlfriend picked one and said to quit working so hard. As a label, we weren’t really doing anything. We recorded my brother’s band and I found out my friend has no idea what he’s doing. He never used the recording stuff before. He had it for 6 months and only ever used 1 channel at a time. We’re playing around for 2 hours trying to get this to work. He would also want money, just for showing up. He counted the two hours he tried setting up his equipment and wanted paid for those 2 hours. He was taking 80% of the money. All he had to do was show up with his computer, sit there while I set up my mics, then press a button. Then, it came time we needed more equipment. He was making 80% of the money, but magically, he had nothing when it came time to buy stuff. I had to buy everything while he played with his Freddy Krugger hand. Yes, he bought one of those plastic toy hands with the claws on it. He took all the money, I mean all the money, and spent it on food, movies, and toys. He still wanted 80% of the money. Part of that money was going to his girlfriend who not only bought nothing, but also did nothing…ever. Then, he wants to subcontract the work to the audio teacher at our school. He actually told me all he does it puts on 1 effect and then burns the track to a CD. He doesn’t spend any time at all mixing or mastering. Just the 1 effect which takes two clicks. There’s stuff we recorded months ago that’s still not done. He’s lazy. He claims it’s because he doesn’t have any more CD-Rs. He can’t afford them. After all the money we made, he can’t afford a $10 pack of blank CDs. Recently, his computer had problems and he took it back to the dealer because it was under warranty. It’s going to be the first of the year before he gets it back, so we decided now would be the best time to quit. I would already have graduated and probably moving to a bigger city, and even if I still wanted to do some recording, I would probably get my own gear by then. I have no intentions of keeping a label, maybe a studio, but nothing more. This is a great opportunity (if you are starting this by yourself, or at least with people who car) if you are interested in running your own label.

For more info and if you have questions, email me at Justin@lamerekords.com

Angus Young - AC/DC

I'm trying to get an Angus Young sound from my guitar, I have a Gibson SG, and Peavy Bandit AMP and a Boss ME30 pedal. Does anyone know any good setting to get that Angus sound?

Re: Angus Young - AC/DC

: I'm trying to get an Angus Young sound from my guitar, I have a Gibson SG, and Peavy Bandit AMP and a Boss ME30 pedal. Does anyone know any good setting to get that Angus sound?

A Marshall amp helps. Barring that, the Peavey is not a bad amp; but remember that Angus uses a rather clean, un-processed sound. So don't make the mistake of sounding like Metallica when trying to get an Angus sound. I read that he like his tone controls straight up (5?) but might add a touch of bass (6 or so). Keep the gain higher, and the master volume lower, to err on the side of a cleaner overall sound. This will teach you to play cleaner, as there won't be much distortion and sustain to cover up sloppy playing (not that you play sloppy!). The cool thing is, with the cleaner sound, it's easier for the audience to hear and appreciate the notes being played; instead of having to deal with a muddled wall of sound (to much gain and distortion).

Those are my thoughts.

Oops! I meant keep the gain LOWER, and the master set to where you want it. The lower the gain, the less crunch, overdrive, distortion--and more accurate Angus sound.

I'm in an AC/DC tribute band, so I've spent a lot of time figuring this sound out. Check out our site...

: : I'm trying to get an Angus Young sound from my guitar, I have a Gibson SG, and Peavy Bandit AMP and a Boss ME30 pedal. Does anyone know any good setting to get that Angus sound?

: A Marshall amp helps. Barring that, the Peavey is not a bad amp; but remember that Angus uses a rather clean, un-processed sound. So don't make the mistake of sounding like Metallica when trying to get an Angus sound. I read that he like his tone controls straight up (5?) but might add a touch of bass (6 or so). Keep the gain higher, and the master volume lower, to err on the side of a cleaner overall sound. This will teach you to play cleaner, as there won't be much distortion and sustain to cover up sloppy playing (not that you play sloppy!). The cool thing is, with the cleaner sound, it's easier for the audience to hear and appreciate the notes being played; instead of having to deal with a muddled wall of sound (to much gain and distortion).

: Those are my thoughts.

: : I'm trying to get an Angus Young sound from my guitar, I have a Fender Strat, and Marshall MG15 AMP and a . Does anyone know any good setting to get that Angus sound?

: A Marshall amp helps. Barring that, the Peavey is not a bad amp; but remember that Angus uses a rather clean, un-processed sound. So don't make the mistake of sounding like Metallica when trying to get an Angus sound. I read that he like his tone controls straight up (5?) but might add a touch of bass (6 or so). Keep the gain higher, and the master volume lower, to err on the side of a cleaner overall sound. This will teach you to play cleaner, as there won't be much distortion and sustain to cover up sloppy playing (not that you play sloppy!). The cool thing is, with the cleaner sound, it's easier for the audience to hear and appreciate the notes being played; instead of having to deal with a muddled wall of sound (to much gain and distortion).

: Those are my thoughts.

: I'm trying to get an Angus Young sound from my guitar, I have a Gibson SG, and Peavy Bandit AMP and a Boss ME30 pedal. Does anyone know any good setting to get that Angus sound?

Copy and paste this URL into your address box; it's an interview with Angus, and he talks about his sound.

http://www.gibson.com/whatsnew/pressrelease/2001/jan24a.html

The only way to sound like Angus is to use an SG, no fx, and a Marshall JTM 45 head thru a 1960 cab. Play most of the rythym stuff with the pickup (bridge) at about 6 then whack it up to 10 for the lead. If you watch Angus live he's always fiddling with the volume pot. As for the amp, keep the eq at around 5 or 6 on all pots, it will differ from room to room so be prepared to tweak, keep the presence around 3-4 and hit the master volume up to 7 or 8. Hey presto....You sound like Angus. Now go and practice for about 30 years cos you are not going to play like him!

BOSS GT-3 PATCHES

HI!I'm looking for Boss GT-3 patches sounding similar to Joe Satriani,Steve Lukather and Steve Vai's distorted guitar in .TXT format.These,that i've found,couldn't be downloaded because of some broken links in the Internet.

estimate of a guitars value

I HAVE A 93/94 TAKAMINE EN-10C(AN) SER#93050889
POSSIBLY KOA WOOD, VERY GOOD SHAPE AM CONSIDERING TRADING FOR NEW MARTIN. WOULD LIKE A BALLPARK VALUE

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.