Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2003

Archive for posts from September, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: how does tom morello get that sound?

Tom Morello is GOD

: Tom morello is the best guitarist ever

You guys realise its a whammy, right?

But I don't understand. How? How play 2 octaves high and normal melody...KILLERMAN

: But I don't understand. How? How play 2 octaves high and normal melody...KILLERMAN

It is called using a whammy pedal

1961-1962 Vox Phantom 12 for sale ? Nice,

Guy,s I need to know a little about this guitar , How rare are they and what are they worth? Mine still has the back cover it play,s great and sound,s incredible , If the price is right i will sell it for photo,s ser # email dan1213us45177@yahoo.com

Re: 1961-1962 Vox Phantom 12 for sale ? Nice,

i will buy trade or anything for a vintage vox phantom guitar i lost a bet on ebay and have been trying to find one since. if u have or know where to get one of these fine guitars id appreciate it if u e mail me.

Franciscan Mandolins

Franciscan Mandolins

This popular thread has been given its own page : Franciscan Mandolins

1971 Fender "FAT STRAT" Value?????

I have a beautiful 1971 fender fat strat. I wanna know how much it's worth.....
I also have pics if you need to see.
let me know....

Re: 1971 Fender "Strat" value

Hi there, i have a 1971 fender strat, and i was just curious on how much it's worth in Canadian dollars. It's in great condition, but is missing the whammy bar. Thank you

Westone Thunder 2-a Active Electronics

The active electronics on my bass have failed. Does anybody know where I can source replacement parts. I live in Malaysia!!

Re: Westone Thunder 2-a Active Electronics

ebay is a good place to start though alot of people won't ship to that part of the world because of the rampant CC fraud, try japan/hong kong/singapore dealers too, don't know whats in malaysia but alot of dealers in those countries and not too far from you.

: The active electronics on my bass have failed. Does anybody know where I can source replacement parts. I live in Malaysia!!

TRANSACTION

Dear sir ,
I am a businessman based in the United States of America,i have chains of businesses in some west african countries .
we deals on the importation and sales of all foreign electrical wires,in large quantities for onward transfer to our country for use.

please if you are interested to supply us,forward me the following:

(1)THE TYPE YOU HAVE THAT CAN BE USED FOR INDUSTRIES.

(2) THE MEASUREMENTS:LENGTH AND THICKNESS.

(3)THE PRICES OF THE WIRES AVAILABLE.

AS SOON I RECEIVED A SIGNAL FROM YOU ABOUT YOUR INTEREST,I WILL INFORM MY DIRECTORS IN THE COUNTRY, WHERE IT WAS NEEDED MOST TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED CONCERN.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR ERNEST OBI

TRANSACTION

Dear sir ,
I am a businessman based in the United States of America,i have chains of businesses in some west african countries .
we deals on the importation and sales of all foreign electrical wires,in large quantities for onward transfer to our country for use.

please if you are interested to supply us,forward me the following:

(1)THE TYPE YOU HAVE THAT CAN BE USED FOR INDUSTRIES.

(2) THE MEASUREMENTS:LENGTH AND THICKNESS.

(3)THE PRICES OF THE WIRES AVAILABLE.

AS SOON I RECEIVED A SIGNAL FROM YOU ABOUT YOUR INTEREST,I WILL INFORM MY DIRECTORS IN THE COUNTRY, WHERE IT WAS NEEDED MOST TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOU.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED CONCERN.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR ERNEST OBI

GT6

I [being an idiot] did not know about the battery for the GT6. I have lost all of my user pre-sets. Is there some way you can save your pre-sets to a PC. I do not have a sequencer or anything like that. Cheers, Jim.

Our Metal MP3 Site and Marshall

come and visit http://earth.prohosting.com/~lunaticm/

What is considered the best Marshall Amp for excellent "wet" distortion. by "wet" i mean "meaty", "chunky", "maximum" and "death metal"???

identification of accoustic guitar

Can anyone help to I.D my guitar.It is an accoustic with logo missing from head.Serial no inside reads:K 300.Headstock not slotted.Main feature is that back and sides are highly coloured in the grain{artificially in autumn colours}.No tailpiece bridge has "turned-up moustache"shape.There is no scratchplate but holes on the surface suggest that there was two scratchplates either side of sound hole I would be glad of any info on this Thank you Pete...

Search urgently tabs of metallica to megadeth

Hello of people I is from Germany searches penetrates tabs from
megadeth metallica more slayer kiss maiden and so on who has which has
some tabs in stock.

Tosten

Re: Search urgently tabs of metallica to megadeth

if you are looking to buy go to ebay, looking to download just do a google search or try wholenote.com, harmonycentral.com... etc etc.

: Hello of people I is from Germany searches penetrates tabs from
: megadeth metallica more slayer kiss maiden and so on who has which has
: some tabs in stock.

: Tosten

megadeth recent drumsets

: if you are looking to buy go to ebay, looking to download just do a google search or try wholenote.com, harmonycentral.com... etc etc.

: : Hello of people I is from Germany searches penetrates tabs from
: : megadeth metallica more slayer kiss maiden and so on who has which has
: : some tabs in stock.

: : Tosten

ef-375sw- value

have a rare ef375sw[d] ser#83041951 takimine martin headstock model has factory pickup toggle switch last 2 frets are dummys and are pickups [factory] bought new in 79 anyone know the value or seen one

Re: ef-375sw- value

: have a rare ef375sw[d] ser#83041951 takimine martin headstock model has factory pickup toggle switch last 2 frets are dummys and are pickups [factory] bought new in 83 anyone know the value or seen one

: : have a rare ef375sw[d] ser#83041951 takimine martin headstock model has factory pickup toggle switch last 2 frets are dummys and are pickups [factory] bought new in 83 anyone know the value or seen one

it's not worth much. Do you want to sell it?

Gretsch wiring diagram

Hello, does anyone know where I can get a wiring
diagram for a Gretsch Tennessean Electric guitar?

Keith Crocker

Re: Gretsch wiring diagram

: Hello, does anyone know where I can get a wiring
: diagram for a Gretsch Tennessean Electric guitar?

: Keith Crocker
:

http://www.flash.net/~anscot/schemat/s6119_62.gif

Ibanez rg 270 that won't stay tuned

I recently bought an almost new ibanez rg270. The problem i've been finding is that after the pain- staking task of tuning the guitar using a chromatic tuner i find that the strings quickly get out of tune. In fact by the time that i finish tuning all 6 strings the lower strings are slightly out of tune and if i was to use the tremolo...forget it, i'd have to do it all over again. What could the problem be? i've noticed that the fine tuners don't screw down smooth which might mean the screw is stripped (so i screwed them down all the way)...could this be the cause?

Re: Ibanez rg 270 that won't stay tuned

bring it back to where you bought it ...
tell em they did a "sh*t a*& job" at setting that guitar up ...
tell them your problem ... and ask them to adjust the tremolo tension
=]

the reason they go out of tune when you finish tuning is because the spring tension on your tremolo doesnt match the strig gauge. in order for the tremolo to "hover" in the middle of is range of motion with the strings in tune, you will either need to open the back of the guitar and adjust the springs, or change the gauge of strings to the same ones that were on it when you bought the guitar. as for the strings going out of tune when you use the tremolo, its probably beacause yoy dont have a locking tremolo system such as a floyd rose, and there is nothing you can do about it besided replace it.

: I recently bought an almost new ibanez rg270. The problem i've been finding is that after the pain- staking task of tuning the guitar using a chromatic tuner i find that the strings quickly get out of tune. In fact by the time that i finish tuning all 6 strings the lower strings are slightly out of tune and if i was to use the tremolo...forget it, i'd have to do it all over again. What could the problem be? i've noticed that the fine tuners don't screw down smooth which might mean the screw is stripped (so i screwed them down all the way)...could this be the cause?

Hi
I have a similar problem with my RG270, I Allowed my guitar tutor to set the guitar up, by adding more springs to the floyd rose, but he told me that there was a desighn problem with the way that the strings are locked off at the bridge, he told me that it was common for the strings to go down into a special locking block which stoped the tuning going wrong, and he told me that he has never seen a floyd rose design like the one on the Ibanez RG270,
the big problem is that the pitch is raised when the trem is pulled back and sharpened when the trem is pushed forward, he seems to think the bridge does not return to its point of rest creating tuning problems.
(the guitar is second hand and may be worn a little) so what can be replaced to fix this?

Effector 13 - analog organic effects. Check it out!!!

Hello,

Let me know what you think of my effects!

http://www.mercurysfortune.com/effector13/

I'm looking for dealers, both on the web, as well as home-town shops.

Email me with your comments : socialmanipulation@hotmail.com

peace,
-tim

hey

my internet has been down forever. i am emailing you tonight. peace.

kod lagu

kod lagu

This popular thread has been given its own page : kod lagu

none

just hi

Giving away a FREE Guitar and AMP

We're giving away a free guitar and amp just for checking out our website and the bands we're promoting. 1 Entry per person... It's a Gibson Epiphone and a Marshall Mini Stack... check out...

www.battleofthefans.com

Re: Giving away a FREE Guitar and AMP

: We're giving away a free guitar and amp just for checking out our website and the bands we're promoting. 1 Entry per person... It's a Gibson Epiphone and a Marshall Mini Stack... check out...

: www.battleofthefans.com

what is the dead live for this contest. i am so glad you guys are doing this because i need a new one.

: what is the dead line for this contest. i am so glad you guys are doing this because i need a new one.

im glad someone is doing something like this cause i really want one

: We're giving away a free guitar and amp just for checking out our website and the bands we're promoting. 1 Entry per person... It's a Gibson Epiphone and a Marshall Mini Stack... check out...

: www.battleofthefans.com

i want one

i have never seen the battleofthefans but it looks cool but i have wanted a guitar for i long time but i cant i dont have the money

Scanned Guitar Tab For Trade: Bonham - The Disregard Of Timekeeping

I have the following for trade:

Bonham - The Disregard Of Timekeeping

Guitar tablature. 94 pages. JPG format. 2480 x 3507 pixels. 300 DPI. 64MB uncompressed or 45.5MB compressed as zip file. Scanned from the Hal Leonard songbook transcribed by David Whitehill and published in 1991 in the USA.

Contains the songs The Disregard Of Timekeeping, Wait For You, Bringing Me Down, Guilty, Holding On Forever, Dreams, Don't Walk Away, Playing To Win, Cross Me And See, Just Another Day, Room For Us All.

I'm looking to trade full book for full book. If you're interested, send your trade list to hammerloveslacee@yahoo.com

bar chords

ive only been playing guitar for a little over 2 years now and already having a musical background ive been learning everything on my own but im confused about one aspect of guitar playing,how necessary are bar chords ive noticed some players who dont seem to throw that fretting finger up to much and others who dont let it down.whats the deal?

Re: bar chords

You have a musical background already, so you understand chords and octaves. Barre chords are used to facilitate easy chord changes, they also put you in a different octave, which is cool sometimes. does this help?

You kinda need barre chords for most 'modern' music and for the reason stated by the other post, also barring allows for easier fills between chords i.e. with a barre in place (like a capo) you generally in a scale position.

: ive only been playing guitar for a little over 2 years now and already having a musical background ive been learning everything on my own but im confused about one aspect of guitar playing,how necessary are bar chords ive noticed some players who dont seem to throw that fretting finger up to much and others who dont let it down.whats the deal?

If you want to really shred like that Kevin Burrell guy from Blue Sky Mile, you've gotta learn barre chords.

If you want to really shred like that Kevin Burrell guy from Blue Sky Mile, you've gotta learn barre chords.

a framus 12-string acoustic....

my dad gave me this Framus 12 string acoustic couple years back... nice sound, and just a fun guitar to play. i know where it was made and all that... but i cannot fine ANYTHING on the model # or the serial #... it's:
model : 5/097
serial : 20233

if you have ANY news or info about this... gimme a shout. thanks! :)

Re: a framus 12-string acoustic....

: my dad gave me this Framus 12 string acoustic couple years back... nice sound, and just a fun guitar to play. i know where it was made and all that... but i cannot fine ANYTHING on the model # or the serial #... it's:
I posted the same quest. only on a 6string, prob about the same age. I e-mailed framus but they don't keep records of old guitars - they gave me this ad to contact, but haven't had a reply yet:Vlado Hansal,Landwusterstrasse 16, D- 08258,Wernitzgrun, Germany...supposed to be a framus collector and expert.
: model : 5/097
: serial : 20233

: if you have ANY news or info about this... gimme a shout. thanks! :)

Cry for a shadow (tabs and chords)

Does anyone have the chords and tabs to this song??? It's the best ever!!
If you know it, please e-mail it to me at: the_beatles_girl@yahoo.com

Thank you :0)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.