Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2003

Archive for posts from September, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Cry for a shadow (tabs and chords)

: Does anyone have the chords and tabs to this song? I ve been looking for ages
: If you know it, please e-mail it to me at: danny.holz@talk21.com

Thank you

Rolling Stone Guitar player list

I was pissed when i saw the 100 greatest guitarists list put out by Rolling Stone. I dont think it was accurate at all(Other than Hendrix being first obviously). I was just wonderin what you guys thought?

looking for an epiphone les paul classic

thank you
Miguel

TUSC 4x12 cab,Whats it Worth$?

I've got an old 4x12 speaker cab made by TUSC. I am looking for info on the value of this peice. Anyone anyone.....Bueller

Do I Really Need To Know This

Do i really need to know almost all these scales and modes to have a decent solo...Like Aeolian, Lydian, Phyrgian ect...I'v been using a common easy chord change(D,A,G) but i still can't come up with a solo that goes a little way higher up the neck...
Please give some feedback....

WELL YES AND NO

To get a decent solo, no you don't have to know a bunch of modes and stuff, but many guitarist that know a large number of scales are more suited to make a more creative and better lick(solo)...my advice would be to use some major scales in the chord change you said, just try and be creative,and it will come easily to you..

1952 Fender reissue Telecaster For Auction

Howdy all, due to tough times I am selling my reissue 1952 Telecaster. The link is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2559978815&category=38083&rd=1

guitar value

"James D. Gregory" acoustic guitar built in mid 1980's serial number "001" seeking value.
Davis

Gibson Hummingbird/James D Gregory

Gibson Hummingbird, mid 1960's; James D Gregory, mid 1980's, serial #001. Seeking value of both.
thanks,
Davis

were can i get the marshall avt 150 Schematics?

I have a avt 150 that´s been giving me a lot of problems. if any body knows were i can find the Schematics please tell me

Re: were can i get the marshall avt 150 Schematics?

I have the avt150 combo, and it's been giving me tons of problems. And to top it all off the place I bought it from is being jerks about it. I just changed the tube about a month ago and the sound is getting crapier by the day... The feedback is horrible and the sound is muddy and bassy... a few months back it smelled of smoke when it was cranked... I wish I could help ya, but it looks like we're both in the same boat.

how to tune 12 string guitar

one string is an octuve different. what do i do to tune this string?

Re: how to tune 12 string guitar

: one string is an octuve different. what do i do to tune this string? just tune the extra six with the one above it its not as hard as you think just like playing one. (good luck)

: one string is an octuve different. what do i do to tune this string? FIRST rub the strings down with kim- chee. SECOND slam your head in a big bowl of rice. THIRD smash the geetar over your head and shove egg rolls up your butt! I bet your tuned now!!BUDDY!! hear that one hand clapping ?¿ THATS BECAUSE ITS SLAPPING THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR FACE:)!! hope this helped! i have a degree in KFC FINGER LICKIN GOOD!! ROCK ON YEEEEEHAW!

strings 1 and 2 have a pair of unison strings (same string) and 3 through 6 have octave strings above. The
octave strings are exactly that. OCTAVE strings. So if your 3rd string is a G then the little octave string above is also a G

Wiring a custom bass

I need some help on wiring a bass i made with 2 humbuckers (i dont know what kind) and a volume knob

Dead 17th fret

My Fender Strat has a dead 17th fret. What causes this and how can I correct it myself? I religously change my strings and the action feels right to me.

Re: Dead 17th fret

Go to www.siogo.com/tips.htm and see if that has an answer your problem, although if your fret is looose i dont think you can fix it yourself.

Re: Dead 17th fret

either truss rod is too tight ...
or bridge saddles arent adjusted properly ...
=]

Johnson jt-50 foot controller

Is there a reasonably priced footswitch besides the j3 which can be used with this amp? Would the digitech fs300 work? Thanks to all.

Blondie tab - Hanging On the Telephone

Anyone have or know where I can get the chord chart/ tablature for this tune? Thanks again.

Re: Blondie tab - Hanging On the Telephone

Did you have any luck finding this? If not I'll work it out the hard way this w/e. Cheers

: Anyone have or know where I can get the chord chart/ tablature for this tune? Thanks again.

???????????

what, are u all crazy the floyd will never get boring not in a million years u dumba##'s...never

Rare Vintage electric guitars: Tosca and Gambles

Tosca and Gambles

This popular thread has been given its own page : Rare Vintage electric guitars: Tosca and Gambles

BC Rich Warlock Question...

Yo, I know very little about guitars so i have a question, a local music store has a sale on the BC Rich Warlock Bronze Series this week and in the pic it has the Widow Headstock...yet every one i've seen on the net just has the pointed headstock...at first i just thought they had maybe used a pic of the platinum series but it only has one tone and one volume just like the bronze does....so my question is...can you buy the Bronze Warlock with a Widow Headstock?

Re: BC Rich Warlock Question...

No you can't get a bronze witha widow headstock because i have the bronze one.

: No you can't get a bronze witha widow headstock because i have the bronze one.

-I WOULD JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT ~YES~ YOU CAN GET A BRONZE WITH THE WIDOW HEADSTOCK. THE ONES THAT COME IN THE GUITAR KIT WITH AMP AND OTHER STUFF HAVE THE WIDOW HEADSTOCK.

No you can't get a bronze witha widow headstock because i have the bronze one.

first off .... dont listen to that meatwad ...
secondly ... you do realize that "bronze series" is about the WORST BC Rich you can buy ???
why not save a few more pennies and buy a NJ Series or Platinum ???
i just bought a NJ Series Mockingbird for $200 on EBAY

Alright thanks man

QUESTION

I LIVE IN ROCKWALL TX AND I WAS WONDERING WERE I CAN GET THE BEST DEAL ON A NEW OR USED WARLOCK? THANX :|

QUESTION

I LIVE IN ROCKWALL TX AND I WAS WONDERING WERE I CAN GET THE BEST DEAL ON A NEW OR USED WARLOCK? THANX :|

Be careful! I have a Platinum Series Warlock, no black widow headstock, and it only has one tone and one volume control. yet strangely enough, it says "Platinum Series on the headstock, and it sounds like a platinum, not like the Bronze that I was playing in the store before I bought it.

The platinum and the NJ series are the two best BC RICH's in my opinion.

Strangely enough, my Warlock came with a Floyd Rose that I've never seen on any other BC RICH. Nice little touch when your playing your guts out. It also gives the Warlock wanking abilities.

Go figure.

-DEMO-DAN

: Yo, I know very little about guitars so i have a question, a local music store has a sale on the BC Rich Warlock Bronze Series this week and in the pic it has the Widow Headstock...yet every one i've seen on the net just has the pointed headstock...at first i just thought they had maybe used a pic of the platinum series but it only has one tone and one volume just like the bronze does....so my question is...can you buy the Bronze Warlock with a Widow Headstock?

Re: Phentermine

<a href="http://www.about-contact-lenses.com">colored contact lenses</a>

Re: Phentermine

<a href="http://www.dieting-review.com/grapefruit.htm">Grapefruit Diet</a>

I HAVE A WARLOCK WITH WIDOW HEAD STOCK, BLACK WITH WHITE TRIM, VERY RARE. EMAIL ME WITH QUESTIONS DGAINES@WORLDELECTRICSUPPLY.COM .

THANKS,
SCOTT

owner of a lonely heart zoom 606 guitar patch

could anyone help me to make the solo guitar sound of owner of a lonely heart?
Thanks

Re: owner of a lonely heart zoom 707II guitar patch

: could anyone help me to make the solo guitar sound SIV of Eric Johnson?
: Thanks

Scanned Tabs for trade

Scanned Tabs for trade

This popular thread has been given its own page : Scanned Tabs for trade

Fender Guitar

I have a Fender Hoher ST Special electric quitar and I was wondering what its worth?

Mesa Boogie Triaxis/G-Major

Does anyone have any presets for the Mesa Triaxis or the G-Major? If so please E-mail them to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Mesa Boogie Triaxis/G-Major

Yeah, I have loads of presets. I got them from an other dude. I'm at work now, so I can't send you anything. Send me a mail to this address and I'll help you out.

Cheers, Harm

: Does anyone have any presets for the Mesa Triaxis or the G-Major? If so please E-mail them to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Behringer Midi Foot Controller

I'm having problems trying to activate my volume and wah pedals on my Behringer Ft. Cntrl. Can someone help me please? E-Mail me thanks.

Fender Jagstang

Anybody got a jagstang in good condition and wanna sell it cheap?

Re: Fender Jagstang

: Anybody got a jagstang in good condition and wanna sell it cheap?

Needs a Fender Jagstang!!!!! READ!!!!

Does anybody have a fender jagstang and want to sell it cheap... Highest price $350.00 Please e mail me as soon as possible! Can be used or new, as long as it is in good shape... Thank you.
Alex

Re: Needs a Fender Jagstang!!!!! READ!!!!

RU still looking? My son needs cash fast, has a red Jagstang in good shape, #U020036. location, central Connecticut.

: Does anybody have a fender jagstang and want to sell it cheap... Highest price $350.00 Please e mail me as soon as possible! Can be used or new, as long as it is in good shape... Thank you.
: Alex

: : Anybody got a jagstang in good condition and wanna sell it cheap?
I've got one the neck is snapped but i heard they're pretty easy to fix. I went crazy on stage sorry! oh yeah i got a bit bored and tried to unsuccessfully cut the body into a "Les Paul" shape. I even tried to modify the input and fix it on the bottom of the body. I tried to fit a different pick-up at the bridge, that also too went a little bit wrong. There is now a nail stuck in my bridge humbucker, it gives a great original effect though, and people often ask me what amp and effects pedals i use! I just have to be honest and tell them that i simply nailed a regular 9 inch steel nail into my bridge humbucker with a shoe.
Despite the decription i can assure you it is an original Fender Jagstang, signed by Kurt himself. Although you can unfortunately no longer see the signature due too a bad paint job!
I am willing to sell it cheap though maybe £500?

: Anybody got a jagstang in good condition and wanna sell it cheap? ill but it what the price

:could someone with i jagstang please e-mail me telling me about its fechers because i have heard a lot of bullshit

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.