Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Fender Serial Number Question

I just purchased a used Fender Jazz bass (5 strings), serial number ZO124389.

Can you please help me to fin an answer?
Production year?
Value in 2004 (dollars)1000§ (expensive)?
Is this an ordinary bass or an special edition?
Its green, is this the original colour?

Re: Fender Serial Number Question

: I am interested in purchased a used Fender Strat serial number S958046. I was wondering what year it is and how much i should pay for it in US dollars.Tx

Later model gibson electric?

My later model (made in USA) Gibson electric guitar has the serial #94010025. Can someone tell me what model this is and what year it was made?
I also have a Gibson acoustic 'student model' with the serial #49758 which I believe was made in 1962. Is that correct and is there a model number for that guitar?
Thanks, Jim

Hayashi Guitar s/n 612397

I have a Hayashi Guitar s/n 612397. it's an awesome guitar with great sound. Also plays and looks GREAT. I can't find any info on the guitar (price, maker etc.) Can anyone help???

Re: Hayashi Guitar s/n 612397

: I have a Hayashi Guitar s/n 612397. it's an awesome guitar with great sound. Also plays and looks GREAT. I can't find any info on the guitar (price, maker etc.) Can anyone help???

Is yours an acoustic? I have a Hayashi 'Gibson Dove' style acoustic, nice guitar with spruce top, real mother of pearl fret board inlays and unusual Silky Oak (also known as Lacewood) back and sides. There is a Japanese guitar maker called Nabuaki Hayashi who currently produces avant garde shaped electrics under the name Atlansia and I wonder whether this is the same Hayashi? The guitar I have has the word "Mountain" inlaid in the headstock and "Mountain Folk, Made by Hayashi" stamped on the inside back brace. The serial number is 508033 and was bought in new in Adelaide, Australia in the late 70s. I'd like to find out a bit more info about these guitars too!
Cheers
Ian

Ibanez Custom Agent

Anybody have one of these guitars they are willing to sell? Please Email. Thanks For Your Time.

Re: Ibanez Custom Agent

: Anybody have one of these guitars they are willing to sell? Please Email. Thanks For Your Time.

One just sold on e-bay for $ 877.
I have a Memphis (which is Ibanez) built in the Ibanez plant and it is exactly the same except it lacks the design below the stop tail and it says
Memphis instead of Ibanez. The inlays , the mandolin headstock ,ect are the same.
It sounds fabulous and is the easiest playing guitar I own. But...... I'm not selling.
Keep a watch on e-bay, you can set e-bay to e-mail
you if one becomes listed.
Ben

Re: Ibanez Custom Agent

: Anybody have one of these guitars they are willing to sell? Please Email. Thanks For Your Time.

Sam,
There is one for sale in Toronto , Ontario at Songbird Music, but it has had neck repair.
Here is the link: www.songbirdmusic.com/torasp/Electric.asp
Ben

Asperger syndrome & sound

The best bass player in the world actually is autistic.
A demo of his incredible chops is available at:
http://www.q-tuner.com

Look for Aspie!!

Any idea what my Guild D44-M is worth, 1970's?

The D44-M is all maple, top sides and back. Purchased new, one owner, well mantained and original, with plush hard case. Just curious what it's worth these days. I paid under $600 for it then. Any ideas?

autistic guy plays incredible

I downloaded a song (96 Khz) at http://www.q-tuner.com/download.shtml which is created by an autistic guy on a bass. The song is ment to be a demo for the pick-ups they sell that that site.

Check it out, really strange...

teaching your self?

i want to teach myself how to play guitar, i mean loud distorted stuff! who in this forum has taught themselves how to play guitar, is it hard, and how long did it take to learn.

thanks,
shane

Re: teaching your self?

I did, it takes years of parctice to get 'good', but right off you should be able to play some stuff to keep you interested.

: i want to teach myself how to play guitar, i mean loud distorted stuff! who in this forum has taught themselves how to play guitar, is it hard, and how long did it take to learn.

: thanks,
: shane

heya ,
i play for about a year now , got me a Ibanez Rg 2570 Prestige . I listen to Metal mostly (everything except Nu ). I find learning guitar is pretty hard in a way because it indeed takes years and progress is very slow (unless you're a natural talent probably).
But i find it very interesting and i practice everyday. I have taken some lessons from a friend of mine who's playing for 20 years now and i suggest you do thesame if possible , you really learn a lot more and you get a bigger understanding of music theory than when you have to figure everything out by yourself. i took about 15 lessons but now i'm back on my own , since i don't have the time to go to the lessons. I got some friend who play in a band (Viggen =>80's Thrash Metal =>http://users.pandora.be/paul.ulrix) and seeing how they play makes you want to run home ,pick-up your guitar and start practicing :)
My advice is : practice as much as you can and if it doesn't work right away keep trying , eventually you'll get the hang of it . It's constantly pushing yourself further and further but in the end it's well worth it (at least that's the way i experience it)

Tabs at first are helpful but eventually you want to be able to learn songs by ear.

Tabs can help you learn all the little techniques like hammer ons,pull offs,slides,trills,tapping etc

Learn the major scale and before long you'll be able to pick songs up by ear

chords are built using the major scale on each degree (or note) of the scale and then you take every other note in the scale to make 3 note chords,4 note chords,and up to 5,6 and 7 note chords.The 3 and 4 note chords are the most common.Three note chords are called triads and come in four main varieties(maj,min,diminished and augmented).4 note chords are called seventh chords(maj7,m7,and 7...a "7" by itself means it's a "dominant 7th" chord).Rock and pop and metal and punk use mostly triads and power chords.Jazz uses mostly seventh chords.Country uses mostly major chords.

guitar.com is a racist,sexist piece of shit of a site

I'm self taught. I picked up on most of the "tricks"
of playing guitar by listening to something and trying to duplicate that sound (hammer, vibrato, pull offs etc) I also think tabs are a big help to begin with. Eventually i moved into playing by ear, but tabs are a good resource for payin a song if you can't read music like me. It didnt tke me much time to learn because i learned fast but learning and being "good" are two diffrent things. Sorry ive rambled on way to long.

: i want to teach myself how to play guitar, i mean loud distorted stuff! who in this forum has taught themselves how to play guitar, is it hard, and how long did it take to learn.

: thanks,
: shane

I began teaching myself electric guitar, and then took classical lessons. If you find yourself struggling and losing interest (which can happen in the beginning) taking lessons can spur you on. Tabs are indeed the best way to learn new tricks, licks and riffs etc.

Practice is the only way to get good - lots of it. If it doesn't sound right, play it again and again till it does!

: : i want to teach myself how to play bass guitar, i mean loud distorted stuff! who in this forum has taught themselves how to play guitar, is it hard, and how long did it take to learn.

: : thanks,
: : nick
: I began teaching myself electric guitar, and then took classical lessons. If you find yourself struggling and losing interest (which can happen in the beginning) taking lessons can spur you on. Tabs are indeed the best way to learn new tricks, licks and riffs etc.

: Practice is the only way to get good - lots of it. If it doesn't sound right, play it again and again till it does!

I need to know wear to put my hands on neck of my electric guitar and all that good stuff. and the amp sound horrible I dont know if its the amp or my guitar ..I dont know how to tune it ;( HELP ME I KNOW NOTHING! ahh

1937 Rudolfo Camacho Viera

I sell my 1937 Rudolfo Camacho Viera in best condition.Camacho Viera was a well known luthier in the 1930's. His guitars were played by Segovia, Barios, Pujol....
The Guitar is of the most rio rosewood.
Further informations to camacho vierra on:
http://www.finefretted.com/html/1969_rodolfo_camacho_viera.html

WASHBURN G-10V - WANTED !!

WASHBURN G-10V - WANTED !!

This popular thread has been given its own page : WASHBURN G-10V - WANTED !!

1936 Martin f-7

I have a 1936 Martin f-7 in pretty decent shape...missing the fingerguard we watched curl and die about 20 years ago. Any idea on value? ...and if I were to sell...how do I find these mysterious "collectors" that might be interested in such a piece????

KENT ARMSTRONG?

does any body know about kent armstrong pickups? it will help out alot. thanks

Re: KENT ARMSTRONG?

: does any body know about kent armstrong pickups? it will help out alot. thanks

If you're thinking of buying them, Don't. Buy SEYMOUR DUNCANS . If you have them, sell them on Ebay.

E-Commerce Tools!mai78

We have spent 1000s of dollars collecting and acquiring the rights to several products including software, CDs, e-books, courses, etc. so you dont have to.
Please visit:
http://www.global-ebooks.info/mai78

does anybody know how Traa does it?

I know that "THE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF SOUTHTOWN" CD by P.O.D is old.. but i wonder how Traa(bass) gets that REALLY low bass sound after the guitar intro. I've been wondering about it and i still can't figure it out. thanks

Re: does anybody know how Traa does it?

: I know that "THE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF SOUTHTOWN" CD by P.O.D is old.. but i wonder how Traa(bass) gets that REALLY low bass sound after the guitar intro. I've been wondering about it and i still can't figure it out. thanks

Yea i forgot to mention that the guitar intro and so forth is in the track "Hollywood" thanks again.

I need electric guitar fingerings SOON!!!

I need them for a band I am going to try out for. When I get famous, I will thank all of you personally, if you state your real name in the e-mail. ^^ Thanks!!

Re: I need electric guitar fingerings SOON!!!

: I need them for a band I am going to try out for. When I get famous, I will thank all of you personally, if you state your real name in the e-mail. ^^ Thanks!!

What electric guitar fingerings?! Your message is confused. Give me more details and i'll see if i can help.

Listen to a song with the style of guitar you want to capture, and practice til you puke. Good luck.

: : I need them for a jazz band I am in. I just started playing the guitar and I need easy fingerings to all of the fingerings. I had some but they are a little confusing and hard to put together. If you could give alternate fingerings to them it would greatly appriciated.^^ Thanks!!

: : I need them for a band I am going to try out for. When I get famous, I will thank all of you personally, if you state your real name in the e-mail. ^^ Thanks!!

: What electric guitar fingerings?! Your message is confused. Give me more details and i'll see if i can help.
i need all of them

Re: SOS! I need acustic guitar fingers! HELP!

I am learning guitar without my parents knowing. Though complicated I am doing it. I don't plan on asking for a guitar unitl i cna play something, you to show I'ms serious. I know the first thing i should do is leanr all the fingers and scales and notes but I'm learning "peaceful easy feeling" Here are my fingerings:

E
E sus 4
A
A 11
B 7
D 7 sus 4
B add 4
F# m 7 add 4

Could someone sned some help?! thanx

Hey speaking of fingerings,anyone know the ones for a bass guitar?

how do imake up a good solos

i play lots of heavey metal musice but i have never been able to make up a solo. even it i try it sounds like crap so if you could help me that would be great

Re: how do imake up a good solos

Listen to some of your favorite bands or muscians and get a feel for how they go go into a solo, build it up to a climax and then work it back down. The most important thing is PLAY From Your Heart

Re: how do imake up a good solos

: i play lots of heavey metal musice but i have never been able to make up a solo. even it i try it sounds like crap so if you could help me that would be great

Just take the notes in the chords and play them on the beats and then you can play any notes not in the chords,sometimes not even in the scale,between beats.
Make melodies and string them together.Then listen to your favorite solos to hear how they are structured.Listen for how they enter at the beginning of the solo and how it develops from there into some kind of build up.Listen for a beginning a middle and an end.

and remember guitar.com sucks fuckin balls dude

wah-wah bar

You should beable to un screw it.

Re: wah-wah bar

NO NO WAMMEY BAR HAHAHA HAHAHAHA WAH WAH PEDAL SILLLY SILLY

Gibson 25/50 les paul anniversary

I have found a 78 les paul 25/50 anaversary guitar.Could anyone tell me what the value is for this guitar.
Any help would be good.

guitar cords

i leaning to play guitar and was wondering if some one could e-mail me some guitar cords Thanx

Re: guitar cords

I use bill lawerence cords, check out ebay alot of guitar cords there for sale.

: i leaning to play guitar and was wondering if some one could e-mail me some guitar cords Thanx

:
: : I'm leaning to play guitar and was wondering if some one could e-mail me some guitar cords Thanx

i want to know if you can tell me the fingure placement for chords please i would apreiceate it

: I use bill lawerence cords, check out ebay alot of guitar cords there for sale.

:
: : i leaning to play guitar and was wondering if some one could e-mail me some guitar cords Thanx

: i'm leaning to play guitar and was wondering if some one could e-mail me some guitar cords Thanx

: : i'm leaning to play guitar and was wondering if some one could e-mail me some guitar cords Thanx

i need cords!!!

please send me some cords to make some cool but easy nice sounding music cheers mate!

Blink-182-Im feeling so...its on there new album PLEASE: i leaning to play guitar and was wondering if some one could e-mail me some guitar cords Thanx

:Im starting to play the guitar and i want to play as many songs of them as i can. I would appreciate it if you could send me as many as you can of them or any other artist who sounds good. Thanx.

: Blink-182-Im feeling this its on there new album PLEASE: i leaning to play guitar and was wondering if some one could e-mail me some guitar cords Thanx

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.