Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

BOSS GT-6 multi-effects processor

Very confusing unit. It is intimidating to look at, but how are they? Is the distortion any good. Can you get deep bottoms for heavy music...metallica like. In general, would it be better to have a few pedals or just get the whole processor? In your opinion.

Re: BOSS GT-6 multi-effects processor

well my friend has one, its great. We all play / listen to metallica and it works like wonders. He can get the effect of nearly every metallica song.. hehe.. its basically a question, do you want 200 pedals or 1? :) Trust me its a good choice, he plays on a crate blue voodoo half stack with that and it sounds GREAT.

Re: BOSS GT-6 multi-effects processor FollowUP

Hmmm. Good deal, i'm actually using a Crate as well, just a combo, not a stack. I think i just might have to grab one... any negatives you can think of? thanks for the input

Re: BOSS GT-6 multi-effects processor FollowUP

I suppose that it appears pretty complicated lol, took my friend a while to master it but its worth it.. im not too sure on how it sounds on non tube amps though cuz he has a metalzone which imitates tube, but sounds like shit on his tube amp, and possibly the GT-6 might not sound as well on a non tube amp, although im not entirely sure on that..

I have one and I think the best feature is that if you get stuck using a bad amp when playing somewhere the amp modeling feature can really help it to sound like your playing out of something decent

It's this website that's confusing. I just submitted the original question instead of my reply. Anyway...I have owned the GT-6 for over a year and I'm still discovering amazing new features. I found it a bit confusing to figure out (I am no programing genius) but it is worth the time and effort! One of my favourite things is its ease of operation when playing live. You just stomp on a pedal and presto there is the customized effect you created. Stomp on the next pedal and you have a new sound. With four pedals in a row that makes for fast changes. Then stomp on the master pedal and poo,the four pedals are now a whole new bank of effect, and so on. Any body who isn't thrilled with the quality of the effects (chorus, delays, distortions, etc. is too hard to please. Come on...what more could you ask for! One last thing, I love the tuner and expression pedal. And this thing is built like a tank.

korg a5

y have problem to korg a5.
is possible have scheme this?
sorry for language not good.
tank you.

walter

Castilla cn 56

I have a classical Castilla model cn 56. any info anybody...

(Business Opportunities) Web-Hosting(baigsalman)

Global-Web-Hosting offers you the placement of your website on the Internet, using the most advanced technology. Powerful servers connected to a state of the art network of more than 5 digital lines in a datacenter that is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week Please visit:(http://www.gwhpk.com/baigsalman)

Columbus guitar

Columbus guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Columbus guitar

Fender Guitar Value

Fender Guitar Value

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender Guitar Value

Become an international reporter at ITNN

Hi everyone,
Inside The News Network is a new international project. At the moment it's looking for people interested in writing articles about current events all over the world. Local and international about all kinds of subjects. If you're interested in becoming a reporter for ITNN. Or just interested in reading articles and discussing them with people from all over the world.....visit the ITNN website.
www.insidetnn.com
Have fun! Hopefully we will see you online soon!
Anneke of the ITNN Team.

LEFT HANDED GUITARS!

Hey, I'm a left handed guitaristfrom NC, and I'm looking for a new guitar at the moment.
So, can anyone help me out??
The brand has to either be : -
* ESP
* IBANEZ
* JACKSON
* BC RICH
* RAN

But i'll take any other offers into consideration, except Fender guitars.
Oh yeah, on one from outside the U.S., unless you can ship it to me for next to nothing.

Old Fender Bandmaster vinyl cover

I've had an Fender Bandmaster vinyl with Fender logo cover sitting on my Peavey Renown amp for about 25 years. It was old and worn when I put it on the amp. The tag says "Musical Instrument Cases" "Victoria Luggage Co". Inglewood California. About 30" wide, 18" high, 10" deep. Anyone know how old it is? - just wondering if it is worth saving or should I use it as a drop sheet when I paint my bathroom?

Yamaki Guitar

I'm interested in purchasing a Yamaki guitar.. If you have one and you're interested in selling it, please e-mail me at Kensetsu@aol.com. Please don't rely on this site to get your message to me.. I really don't check it that often. PLEASE E-MAIL RESPONSE TO: Kensetsu@aol.com.

Thanks, Nick

Re: Yamaki Guitar

I have a Yamaki Ay-470 - 12 string that has been setup as a 6 string.

Might be interested in selling it.

Re: Yamaki Guitar

: I'm interested in purchasing a Yamaki guitar.. If you have one and you're interested in selling it, please e-mail me at Kensetsu@aol.com. Please don't rely on this site to get your message to me.. I really don't check it that often. PLEASE E-MAIL RESPONSE TO: Kensetsu@aol.com.

: Thanks, Nick

I have a Yamaki AY376S,very good.

Harmony H 75

Does anybody in harmony land have a H 75 original bridge for sale ?

Re: Harmony H 75

: Does anybody in harmony land have a H 75 original bridge for sale ?

I have 2. Go to
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2574850964&category=41407&rd=1
there on ebay under billieg2 and start at $5

whats the difference

whats the difference between a gibson and an epiphone

Re: whats the difference

: whats the difference between a gibson and an epiphone

Like Fender and Squier, Epiphone is the cheaper versions of Gibson guitars. They won't be made to exactly the same high standards as the more expensive models, but are essentially Gibson-endorsed versions of their guitars.

And like Squier, there's no reason an Epiphone won't be as good as a Gibson.

Framus Guitar

Hi there I own an old Framus guitar my dad had it in the 70's I would love to know if anyone knows what model it is and if I can get any spare parts.
I know there is a piece missing ..but I just think it is a lovely guitar to look at
thanks

Hi folks, welcome to our vintage audio website

Dear Friend,
We invite you to visit our new website of audio valves, amps, decks, components and all that belongs to the good vintage era. If there's any valve you need, your search is over. just visit us at: WWW.ALTOFIDELITY.COM
Cheers
Bob

Fender Custom USA Strat Giveaway

Hi Everyone,

Found this when I was doing my shopping online for guitar gear. This company is giving away a killer strat for the Holidays...Pretty
cool...

http://www.moodystraps.com/holiday.html

http://www.moodystraps.com/

begginer

iv ben playing my acoutic a mounth or two but i would like to no how to take it to the next level i want to be able to play more than just sweet home alabama where is a good place to find easy music to read for a begginer

Re: begginer

There are tons of tab sites out there guitartabs.cc, e-tabs.org, olga.net

pedal help needed

I need help with the setting on my metal zone pedal for the song First Time i can't figure it out someone pease help

Fender Champion 110

I own a little transistor amp i.e. the Fender Champion 110. Fender does not provide the schematic any longer asit is out of production (it has probably been followed by the Champion 30). can anybody help me with the schematics ?

SG - no serial nbr on back of headstock.

A friend of mine has a Gibson SG (looks like a 61 reissue) and there is no serial number on the back of the headstock. He thinks it's pretty old. The only other thing is the GIBSON logo on the headstock looks pretty old, and it has a wierd bridge pickup. I am trying to find out what year this guitar is. If anyone can help me, email me and I will email you detailed photos of what I mentioned above.

Thanks.

Software to learn a Guitar

Hello,

Is there any software for learning to play the guitar?

Cheers,
Gurucharan

Model K7-310

I have a Kent guitar model K7-310...Any ifo anybody

Model K7-310

I have a Kent guitar model K7-310. Any info anybody

Framus guitar

I have a framus guitar from arounf 1950's and would like to know if it is complete I wondered if anyone had photo of on the model number is:-5?50 serial number 17483 thank you any information would be welcome

Re: Framus guitar

Here's an auction of this model with some pics:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2371476354&category=9813&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

:
: I have a framus guitar from arounf 1950's and would like to know if it is complete I wondered if anyone had photo of on the model number is:-5?50 serial number 17483 thank you any information would be welcome

acoustic guitar amp

Hi all: I'm looking for a quility yet affordable amp for my new ovation elite(med depth body) and need it for home and playing out. I also need a mic output and I've been checking out the Crate 125D tri. Any feedback on this amp.would be welcome.Thanks, Tammy T.

Re: acoustic guitar amp

I owned a Crate CA60D for several years but sold it and bought a Genz-Benz Shenandoah about a year ago-- absolutely no comparison, much fuller deeper sound, cleaner preamps, all-around happier with the G-B. Also tried SWR, nearly identical to G-B but more expensive and no effects... I play AG, EG, Keys and sing both in solo and band settings - totally happy with the G-B. Crate is good but lacks low end.

: Hi all: I'm looking for a quility yet affordable amp for my new ovation elite(med depth body) and need it for home and playing out. I also need a mic output and I've been checking out the Crate 125D tri. Any feedback on this amp.would be welcome.Thanks, Tammy T.

how do you find the sites??

How do you find the sites that you choose???
marstonguitars.com
regards,
Walt

Re: how do you find the sites??

: How do you find the sites that you choose???
: marstonguitars.com
: regards,
: Walt

Isn't this a very simple question?

You type keywords into a search engine, it returns search results - you click on the results until you find a site you like!

Or your friends/family/whatever recommend a site.

Or you hear about the site on the radio, tv, in a magazine.

Or sometimes you make a website name up and stumble across something!!!

Re: how do you find the sites??

: : How do you find the sites that you choose???
: : marstonguitars.com
: : regards,
: : Walt

: Isn't this a very simple question?

: You type keywords into a search engine, it returns search results - you click on the results until you find a site you like!

: Or your friends/family/whatever recommend a site.

: Or you hear about the site on the radio, tv, in a magazine.

: Or sometimes you make a website name up and stumble across something!!!

Well, if such is the case, then go to marstonguitars.com and let me know if you like what you find...
regards, Walt

Silvertone guitar

Silvertone guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Silvertone guitar

Mesa boogie model number??

Where is the model number located on a Mesa Boogie Duel Rectifier solo Head?? anyone please??

double necked guitar appraisal

I have a double necked guitar over 100 years old the back is cracked any idea what it's worth???

i want kishor kumar song for collection

Hi i want kishore kumars songs for collections

Re: i want kishor kumar song for collection

: Hi i want kishore kumars songs for collections

: : Hi i want kishore kumars songs for collections

pls
thanks

: Hi i want kishore kumars songs for collections specially love songs only and all time favourates

i want kishor kumar song for collection

Hello i want Kishor Kumar song "Bindu re bindu o mere paire bindu"(used in cocacola advertise).

: : Hi i want kishore kumars songs for collections

PAL PAL DIL KE PAAS TUM REHTE HO

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.