Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

i want kishor kumar song "ye dosti hum nahi chodenge "

: Hi i want kishore kumars songs for "ye dosti hum nahi chodenge

Hagstrom - Harmony Electric guitars wanted

Looking for Harmony Stratotone guitars with the bar inlay necks, h-72 to h-78 guitars and a 12 string Hagstrom guitar.
Email me at brgs@mindspring.com
Thanks

Washburn Acoustic Electric Help

Washburn Acoustic Electric Help

This popular thread has been given its own page : Washburn Acoustic Electric Help

JEM or Ergodyne???

Anyone know if i should get a cheaper JEM or a mid priced ergodyne six string electric by ibanez.

korg pandora px-1 question - PLEASE help!

Been looking around for ages to answer a simple question:

How do i reset the (****) thing to the factory presets???

If you read this, and you've got a px1 too; please help me out!! Korg has discontinued support for it :-<

Re: korg pandora px-1 question - PLEASE help!

just found it...

http://www.korgnorthwest.com/KORG_Resets.htm

scroll down to px1

: Been looking around for ages to answer a simple question:

: How do i reset the (****) thing to the factory presets???

: If you read this, and you've got a px1 too; please help me out!! Korg has discontinued support for it :-<

Begginer needing Help Here!

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could help me on playin the guitar. I just started playin a few weeks ago but i only know a few basic songs. Does anyone have any tips for me like finger placement or how to read music so i can play better or if theres a site thatcan help me in these subjects i'd appreciate it. Thanks alot.

Ibanez "Les Paul" Standard ????

I have an Ibanez "Standard". She sounds & feels quite nice with 12 gauge strings & the slide. I would like to know its history, story behind it, &...
specs:
pearl inlays & scrolled "Ibanez"
paf like hmbcker p/u bridge
dbl Bill Lawrence blade p/u nut
gold knobs
b/o neck
"star" tuning pegs
s/n G770173

FA: Paul Reed Smith Standard Case

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=41403&item=2573376471

I DONT UNDERSTAND CABS!!!!

It might sound really stupid but what is the point of a cab and how do they work? Do they make the sound louder? If so, why dont people just buy a 5 watt amp and plug it into a 100w cab? Im confused :s help me!!!!

Re: I DONT UNDERSTAND CABS!!!!

A cab is in reference to a speaker cabinet. A 100 watt cab can handle 100 watts. A 5 watt amp can't produce the power to drive anything but a 5 watt speaker. You want to match the wattage on the amp and the cab for best results. There is some forgiveness, though. You can do ok with a 50 watt amp and a 100 watt cab but you'll never drive the speakers the way they were intended to be played. But you never want to hook up a 100 watt amp to a 50 watt cabinet or you risk blowing the speakers. There's also ohm loads...but that's a story for a different time.

Newbie surfaces w/ new music

Hi folks:

I am new to this board as I've been buried away in my studio recording for the last many months, but now need to connect with my fellow guitar-head community!

I just uploaded 4 new pieces to my temporary website-- if you like early pink floyd/psychedelic hendrix/robert fripp/metheney-like clean sounding electric guitar you may dig these:

http://gearsofsand.250free.com/

I should have a cd with 10 total tracks finished up soon and available on my permanent website (gearsofsand.net) which should go live in a few days.

Please write feedback! Must have interaction w/ other
guitarists......

all the best,
ben

NEED HELP

Hey, I've got a Glenn Camble special edition ovation 12 string guitar and one of the tuning pegs broke off. the tuners are special from ovation, and are not a standard size. so If anyone knows where I could get a replacement set I would be grateful for the info. Thanks

sweet chariat

:looking for the history behind why sweet chariat is sang at english rugby games, it sounds like a gospal song to me

Re: sweet chariat

actually it isnt.
swing low, sweet chariot is and has never been a church song or hymn or whatever they're called.
It actually originated from a rugby team called the old whitghiftians in the 70's,a few of them used to go to a pub in london,that happened to be next to the bbc recording studios (the bbc is the main television company for the uk)
and after rugby matches they used to sing anything,taking that weird cuban song and changing the lyrics to 'i see your c*** in the mirror'
and the bbc heard this (sweet chariot) and decided to put it on the radio,and the songs fame spread,and everyone began to sing it at rugby games.
and you know how i know that,my dad used to play for a rugby team called the old whitghiftians

Re: NEED HELP

check out grover, I have 2 ovations (1 12string) I put em on, if they don't have em then just ask ovation on their site.

: Hey, I've got a Glenn Camble special edition ovation 12 string guitar and one of the tuning pegs broke off. the tuners are special from ovation, and are not a standard size. so If anyone knows where I could get a replacement set I would be grateful for the info. Thanks

building guitars

I'm going to build a '54 Tele-type guitar, with Gibson Magic, digital pickups. Anybody got any suggestions about where to get one? My '54 got stolen a couple of years ago, and maybe if I can build one close to it, I can get over it. (Oh yeah, I can describe it. I bought it new and kept it 45 years).

Goya GC-30 Grand Concert Guitar

Has anybody heard anything about this. Is it valid. Where was it made and one last question if possible. Could you tell me the approximate price I should pay. It looks really excellent and sounds fab. Thank you for any help in advance.

wann know 2 rhythm

i wann know the rhythm practicing methods...pls send the same .tnkin u

Suzuki no. 9

I have a Suzuki no. 9. Any info on it, anybody...

palys with rehman tunes

lalalalalal airtel

advice for pickups

what kind of pickups are best for playin metal (thrash e.g.) andc where i can get it? and i need original tabs (with notes etc.)? please help. unaprijed hvala

Re: advice for pickups

You can't go wrong with a Duncan Distortion. Carvin also has some really good ones. Dimarzio X2N is a pretty good one, too. You want high output but where you have to decide is the kind of tone. I have a Dimarzio Dropsonic that's pretty good for metal and drop tuning, but it's warmer and not as chunky as my other guitar with a Duncan Distortion. Go to their websites and check out the specs before you decide.

to download song from yaadien moive

sir
i want to download songs of movie yaadien

Re: to download song from yaadien moive

: sir
: i want to download songs of movie yaadien

Re: to download song from tv serial kahiin to hoga

: : sir
: : i want to download the tittle song of tv serial kahiin to hoga

download kal ho na ho songs

download kal ho na ho songs

This popular thread has been given its own page : download kal ho na ho songs

Gibson Hummingbird Value

I would like to figure out the approximate value of my 1969 (I think) Gibson Hummingbird Acoustic Guitar. It is in good condition. It has a few miinor dings and scratches and one slight delamination line on the front. I know the Serial number and I bought it in 69 I think and it was new at the time.
Thanks
Rick

Re: Gibson Hummingbird Value

Between $2,000 and 2,800. Look on Ebay and see for yourself.

: I would like to figure out the approximate value of my 1969 (I think) Gibson Hummingbird Acoustic Guitar. It is in good condition. It has a few miinor dings and scratches and one slight delamination line on the front. I know the Serial number and I bought it in 69 I think and it was new at the time.
: Thanks
: Rick

sabor a mi

For anyone out there I would appreciate the chords for this song.
email back to molinamolina2003@comcast.com

Re: sabor a mi

: For anyone out there I would appreciate the chords for this song. : email back to molin<a href='http://www.geocities.com/muni34q'>a</a>molina2003@comcast.com

Re: sabor a mi

: For anyone out there I would appreciate the chords for this song. Also, I would like to have the english translation of the words, please
: email back to dennisjav@yahoo.com

Jay Turser Tele-Opinons??

Can anyone give they're opinion on the Jay Turser Tele

Re: Jay Turser Tele-Opinons??

I've played one and it seemed ok, nothing special, would be good for a beginner... for the cost of a new JT you can get a used MIM though.

: Can anyone give they're opinion on the Jay Turser Tele

guitar training

looking for reviews of on-line guitar training courses
or at home basic & intermediate guitar course.

Can a good home stereo amp be used with a decent speaker for guitar output ?

Here's the idea....
I have an old good quality 150 watt Home Stereo....
I have a old guitar amp speaker that matches the ohm rating for that amp outputs........
Can I run my guitar into the home stereo amp and then into the guitar amp speaker ?
I assume I would need to pad and maybe compress the guitar signal before it goes into the amp.

I'm looking for a clean clean sound.

I already own the amp and the speaker so I could do this at no cost.

Has anyone tried this ????

The ultimate goal is to have a rack mount box containing a PC running Amplitube, feeding a an amp and speaker with a midi pedal to control the software live.

eventually I'd like to buy Cubase VST and make the whole system a great practice and stage setup.

Just DI the output on stage and have all the toys that i drooled over back when Roland came out with their Guitar synth in addition to various amp sounds. :)

Spinner

Re: Can a good home stereo amp be used with a decent speaker for guitar output ?

Hi Ya! We seem to have similar interests in guitars, home stereos, and computer music.I have successfully used a system similar to the one you describe. My setup was: Strat guitar, Marshall Bluesbreaker, Zoom 503, Technics (or sometimes Pioneer amp), Technics stereo speakers. Neighbors would come over to the apartment to marvel at the sound of the system. It is a budget setup that produces gorgeous sounds ranging from a sparkling clean fender to huge rectified stuff, including heavy metal. I'm not saying to use my exact set, but that your concept will definitely work magnificently. You would be using the guitar and effects in the traditional preamplifier way. Then you'd use your home stereo as a clean power-amp, and then into your guitar speakers.
Make sure that you don't use your stereo amp to achieve distorted sounds, you'd be pushing it too hard. And make sure that your speakers are the correct impedence match for your amp. IF you are using only one speaker, ie. one channel on your stereo amp, then turn the other channel off so you don't fry that channel of the amp.
I highly recommend at least one amplifier emulator before the stereo amp, hence my Zoom box. Your stereo amp is not made to create nice guitar distortions, so let your effects boxes do all of that.
Check out this site: www.computermusic.co.uk for lots of info on how to interface the amp and the computer with midi controller. To do your computer setup you might come out of the guitar with a Y-cable, feeding a signal into both the sound card and into your effects boxes. Then you could go from the computer to your stereo and from the effects chain to the stereo.
You can visualize any number of combinations that will work wonders for you and your sound.
It's a great time for guitarists with all of the new software and hardware systems. SIMPLY TONS OF FUN!

Applause ae498 or Indiana Shannondale?

I would like to know how good or reliable are the Applause AE48 accustic-electric guitars - and how does them compare to an Ibanez or even an Ovation of the same model level? I found one for $200
Has anyone here know about the Indiana Shannondale guitars? They offer a 10 year warranty! But I've never heard of them-
Thanks

bridges

how hard would it be to put a wilkinsin two point pivot in a strat wanna-a-be

What is it?

HELP PLEASE. First you need to know I know nothing of music or guitars.
I have acquired an acoustic electric guitar that is marked at the top with a crest with two rampant lions and a crown above it and a banner saying world's finest. Under that is another piece that has a small delta and then says Noble.
Now please excuse my terminology in describing the guitar. The body is a little over 17 inches wide and 2 inches thiCk with two f holes. It is right handed and has 3 push buttons above the 6 strings and then two dials below the strings. The front and back are a light wood darkened slightly on the edges and a dark side piece. There seems to be backlite/plastic inlay around the f openings and around the sides where they meet the top and bottom, as well as along sides of the arms with the hand guard and top being mother of pearl type finish. I find no other markings.
There is a very slight arch to the back and top but I do not believe it is an archback because the arch is so slight. My guess it is from the 50s or 60s. If some one could help me I would appreciate it. I do not plan on keeping it but have to find out what it before selling it.
Thanks, Paul

Re: What is it?

Hello Paul

"Under that is another piece that has a small delta and then says Noble."

It may be a Roy Noble guitar...extremely rare and some are worth a bit of cash.
Errr... no.. scratch that... they are junk... better send it to me I'll buy it for a buck ;) yeah that it.. yeah..

Check out:
http://www.roynoble.net/

Roy

Re: What is it?

Hello again.... sorry i hit post when i shouldn't have...

It could also be a guitar from Don Noble and Company...
Don Noble were importers who brought guitars in from other countries like Italy. Here is a quote....
"Instruments previously produced in Italy circa 1950s to 1964. Production models were then built in Japan circa 1965 to 1969. Distributed by Don Noble and Company of Chicago, Illinois.

Don E. Noble, accordionist and owner of Don Noble and Company (importers), began business importing Italian accordions. By 1950, Noble was also importing and distributing guitars (manufacturer unknown). In 1962 the company began distributing EKO and Oliviero Pigini guitars, and added Wandre instruments the following year.

In the mid 1960s, the Noble trademark was owned by importer/distributor Strum´N Drum of Chicago. The Noble brand was then used on Japanese-built solid body electrics (made by Tombo) through the late 1960s.

When the Valco/Kay holdings were auctioned off in 1969, Strum´N Drum bought the rights to the National trademark. Strum´N Drum began importing Japanese-built versions of popular American designs under the National logo, and discontinued the Noble trademark during the same time period"

The best thing would be to take photos and email them to a few vintage guitar dealers who should be able to help you with an accurate value.

palmer guitar

i recently purchased an used guitar PALMER PG 810 and i would like to know what is the price new of this guitar, cCan anybody tell me?? thank you very much!!!

Re: palmer guitar

I recently bought a Palmer PLC Series electric guitar... Does anyone know any thing about these guitars? if so e-mail me at precha_01@yahoo.com

I've searched the net forever it seems but have not even ran across a palmer electric more or less a PLC series....

: I recently bought a Palmer PLC Series electric guitar... Does anyone know any thing about these guitars? if so e-mail me at precha_01@yahoo.com

: I've searched the net forever it seems but have not even ran across a palmer electric more or less a PLC series....

I have owned a palmer plc series guitar for about five years and I have been told by better players than I, that it rocks. I have been learning to play on this guitar and it has been a good one. The only other info I can give you comes from a label on the back of the neck stating " made in korea " and another label above it PLO 5 which I assume is the model number. I have been unable to find any info myself. Good luck.

: i recently purchased an used guitar PALMER PG 810 and i would like to know what is the price new of this guitar, cCan anybody tell me?? thank you very much!!!

: : i recently purchased an used guitar PALMER PG 810 and i would like to know what is the price new of this guitar, cCan anybody tell me?? thank you very much!!!

Midland Stringed Instruments on the net sells several models of Palmer acoustic guitars. They range from $100 to $240. MSI claims they are good quality.

jcm 900 head

I'm looking for a jcm 900 head, if anyone knows of one for sale please let me know! email me please!

Re: jcm 900 head

one word: eBay

: I'm looking for a jcm 900 head, if anyone knows of one for sale please let me know! email me please!

Re: jcm 900 head

: one word: eBay
I have a Marshall JCM 900 (4100 100W) amp in great condition. I would like to sell it.
:
: : I'm looking for a jcm 900 head, if anyone knows of one for sale please let me know! email me please!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.