Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: jcm 900 head

I also have JCM 900 100w Hi Gain Dual reverb 4100 head and Lead 1960 cabinet. It's too loud for my basement. If interested I can send you pictures. Make offer. Thanks Brent

Re: jcm 900 head

How about 900 plus shipping.

blues,rock,rock n roll,metal.etc

world is not enough for me but a guiter is enougf for me

Ibanez RG 120

I got this lovely discontinued series RG from a local pawn shop. I'm slowly replacing every part of this guitar to be custom fit. I'm investing in EMG pickups but there is one problem. I can't find the wiring schematic off the Ibanesz website. It has two double humbuckers and a 3 way switch. But everything shown is for a 5 way switch. Can someone help?

Shall I put in a new q-tuner pickup in my bass?

A friend of mine told me about q-tuners, a pickup which have an unique architecture. I download a demo of it at (http://www.q-tuner.com/download.shtml) and it sounds really great. Very clear. But that new toys will cost me $200. Have you ever heard about it? Through the search I couldn't find anything...

Yamaha fg 460 sa sell

tryin' to find out as much 'bout Yamaha FG 460 SA as posible. i have owned the Guitar for 12 years.
it's avilable for sale. Make an offer?
contact me @ harpoid9@hotmail.com
Thanx, Rick

Re: Yamaha fg 460 sa sell

Rick,

I own a 1986 Yamaha fg460s-12 with lots of mother of pearl inlay and a seagull on the headstock. I'm trying to find a matching 6 string. Might yours fit this description? Thanks...Frank

: tryin' to find out as much 'bout Yamaha FG 460 SA as posible. i have owned the Guitar for 12 years.
: it's avilable for sale. Make an offer?
: contact me @ harpoid9@hotmail.com
: Thanx, Rick

Boss GX-700 processor is GREAT

Does anyone is familiar with this unit? I will like to exchange some patches. I was able to grasp one a few weeks ago because they're kind of hard to find. It's amazing how it sounds and how low it costs. I find it better than most processors.

American Or Mexican

I am looking to buy a telecaster but was wondering if it is worth the extra for the american guitar?

Re: American Or Mexican

Best thing is to play as many as tou can and decide which one you like best, I don't think the american MIA ones are worth the extra $$, a MIM w/new pups/bridge if fine for me.

: I am looking to buy a telecaster but was wondering if it is worth the extra for the american guitar?

Re: American Or Mexican

If you are a collector then buy the USA one but if you are a player, buy the Mexican one because it sounds much better and is as well made as the USA. I know, I have both and the Mex. rocks!

: I am looking to buy a telecaster but was wondering if it is worth the extra for the american guitar?

sick jcm 900

this amp has a tremendous buzzing problem. the sound is similar to an ungrounded single coil pickup however,the problem occurs with any guitar plugged in. the buzz is more pronounced with increases of gain in either channel.help.

Epiphone joe pass

Do anyone no anything about this guitar? The playability and tone.

Re: Epiphone joe pass

I have one and I love it. You may want to get the neck pickup changed for a little more warmth and even response across the full range. But it's a great playing archtop that dosen't have too much a feedback problem and cuts right through, even when I play with a big band.

Gibson Lancer Amp

I'm looking for a gibson lancer amp (GA35). From what I've been told this model was only made for a couple years in the 60's. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Gibson Lancer Amp

I had one of those back when they were new. The model is actually GA35RVT. I did a quick ebay search and found a couple that look to be in not too great of shape, but possibilities. It is a great amp.

Cool Guitar Watches

Thanks for putting up that cool guitar watch site: www.wristrock.com. Got a sweet GOld Gibson Flying V from them. Anybody looking to pick up a cool Christmas gift for a player...check them out. Only 60 bucks!

Re: Cool Guitar Watches

: Thanks for putting up that cool guitar watch site: www.wristrock.com. Got a sweet GOld Gibson Flying V from them. Anybody looking to pick up a cool Christmas gift for a player...check them out. Only 60 bucks!

LOL ! coolest watches eva! YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHO IS ESTEBAN AND IS IT A GOOD GUITAR?

Want to buy a new acoustic for my boyfriend for X-MAS, who will KNOW if I buy him a piece of crap. The guitar he has now is old and crappy, I dont want to buy him another piece of shit. Esteban has a steel string acoustic I was checking out in my price range. Is this acceptable or it is crap? Someone in the know please help!!
Grateful!!
Stacey

Re: WHO IS ESTEBAN AND IS IT A GOOD GUITAR?

Any Fender, Guild, Takamine, Gibson, even Yamaha will do. Try checking on the sites first to see the model you like, then go to a few stores and see what they have. Is just a matter of prices. These are all great brands.

: Want to buy a new acoustic for my boyfriend for X-MAS, who will KNOW if I buy him a piece of crap. The guitar he has now is old and crappy, I dont want to buy him another piece of shit. Esteban has a steel string acoustic I was checking out in my price range. Is this acceptable or it is crap? Someone in the know please help!!
: Grateful!!
: Stacey

I have been playing guitar for twelve years and I would like to recommend an Applause by Ovation. They play much easier than a regular acoustic and they have a beautiful full sound.

I would recommend not buying an Esteban guitar. Not only is the guitar poorly made, but it doesn't sound great either. The strings are way to high off the fingerboard and the body feels as though it's made of plywood. If you're looking for a guitar at a low price, I would say to check out a Takamine G240, or a Takamine EG240 if he'd want an acoustic with a pickup built in.

obviously you purchased a bad apple! the esteban guitar I have is of every bit as good in quality as my d28 martin I love the action ,the tone , for $100.00 it's a steal I also have a 0017 martin known as a (baby) martin it is harder on action by far than my esteban guitar, maybe you should trade it in for another one you can buy (A) bad anything! : I would recommend not buying an Esteban guitar. Not only is the guitar poorly made, but it doesn't sound great either. The strings are way to high off the fingerboard and the body feels as though it's made of plywood. If you're looking for a guitar at a low price, I would say to check out a Takamine G240, or a Takamine EG240 if he'd want an acoustic with a pickup built in.

Check this

http://www.musicgearreview.com/review-display/6216.html

Don't buy.

Keep in mind this Jackle found is Esteban Guitar on a Ebay Auction for 60.00 Bucks, USED might i ADD, so we all know you get what you pay for ! Next time he should not try to cut corners and buy directly from EstebanMusic.com, will get a better deal !

: Don't buy.

Keep in mind this Jackle found is Esteban Guitar on a Ebay Auction for 60.00 Bucks, USED might i ADD, so we all know you get what you pay for ! Next time he should not try not to cut corners and buy directly from EstebanMusic.com, will get a better deal !

giutar fx

i give softwaer effect for giutar electric

Re: giutar fx

: i give softwaer effect for giutar electric thanks

guitar and violin box help!

how do i play my guitar with a violin bow?

Les Paul Custom 1978

I have a Gibson Les Paul Custom 1978 Vintage
Silver Sunburst finish in very good conidition.
I'm starting to put out feelers on its value.
Any ideas?
Thanks-Wm

Re: Les Paul Custom 1978

i've noticed lots of guitar shops are putting those on sale for about 1300-1500 pound so i'd say £1500

Gibson ES-125 Serial #

Here's a novel serial #, found inside an ES-125 my friend received when her father passed away: 3653 9. Anyone know how to grok this one? Much appreciated in advance.

Re: Gibson ES-125 Serial #

: Here's a novel serial #, found inside an ES-125 my friend received when her father passed away: 3653 9. Anyone know how to grok this one? Much appreciated in advance.

There should be a letter in front of the serial number.
This determines the year it was made.
a=1935 b=1936 etc.
through g=1941

z=1952
y=1953 etc.
back to q =1961
Hope this helps. It is a fine guitar.
Michelle

Seagull

Hallo,
want to restart playing the guitar, was offered a Seagull guitar because I explained that I am interested in Blues Pop Jazz. Are there any negative aspects regarding Seagull guitars?
Thanks in advance
Carlo

Old Ovation Pinnacle info needed

I have an Ovation Pinnacle that is 15 or 16 years old. It is a cherry sunburst in perfect condition with an ovation hardshell case. Where would I be able to find out it's approximate worth. And I am talking, what the worth would be to sell or buy it outright. Not the price of what a music store would give as a trade.
Thanks!

Re: Old Ovation Pinnacle info needed

The original Pinnacle series were introduced in the mid-90's and were Ovation's first attempt at a high quality imported guitar. They were made in Japan, had solid spruce tops & were generally pretty good guitars, the problem was their cost was about the same as a USA-made Balladeer. Current value if it's in good shape with case about $250-350

Re: Old Ovation Pinnacle info needed

I just bought a 1989 one for $295, in pretty good shape from a music store. According to the Blue book, an excellent shape one is worth $500-600. (2003 Price guide)

Fender Starcaster For Sale

I have a Fender Starcaster for sale i the original case. The case is kind on beat-up but the guitar is in great shape. It sounds good thru about any amp tubes or tubeless. The sustain is incredible and the tone in the bottom end is insane. I want to sell it. I need the cash.

Re: Fender Starcaster For Sale

how much money for it?

: how much money for it? what finish is it? can you email me some pictures?

Send me some pics
send me your price and then let's have a serious discussion.

Thanks,

Paul

What is you asking price for the guitar, and case. What color is the guitar. Condition..good...great...excellent?

Hello, my name is Sean and I am very interested in the Starcaster. I have been avidly looking for one of these for years and would greatly appreciate it if you could give me your price and maybe some pictures of the guitar. Thanks.

COuld I have some pictures? How much?

Is it the same Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead plays? Could I have some pictures? How much?

:I am looking for one of these for my son for Christmas. Do you still have it ? How much would it be ? Thank you.

Hi, Could you please tell me how much you would like for your Starcaster.

I am interested in your instrument. I have been a huge fan of the Starcaster for a long time and I just graduated from the University of Miami in Jazz guitar and would love to congratulate myself with on e of these. Is it still for sale???

: I am interested in your instrument. I have been a huge fan of the Starcaster for a long time and I just graduated from the University of Miami in Jazz guitar and would love to congratulate myself with on e of these. Is it still for sale???

Is the Starcaster still for sale? Very interested. Please reply.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.