Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Fender Starcaster For Sale

: I have a Fender Starcaster for sale i the original case. The case is kind on beat-up but the guitar is in great shape. It sounds good thru about any amp tubes or tubeless. The sustain is incredible and the tone in the bottom end is insane. I want to sell it. I need the cash.

Is the starcaster still available? If so send me some Photos and Let's dicuss price.....

Mike

IS THIS STARCASTER STILL FOR SALE?????????

I will buy your starcaster

You got the starcaster, I got the cash. Let's talk

Re: Fender Starcaster Still For Sale?

is it still for sale? if so, tell me more.
i want to buy it.rob

Re: Fender Starcaster Still For Sale?

Why don't you answer anyone????

i want to buy the guitar,please, send me a mail

QUESTION ABOUT A STACK!!!

I'm debating on getting a half-stack, just a head unit and a cab. It's a crate glx model. My question is this, i only jam alone right now, would a combo amp be more suitable? Or could I get the combo amp and use it's ext. input to set that on top of a cab? can you even do that? and if so, would you know if that sounds better or worse than getting a normal head unit?

Re: QUESTION ABOUT A STACK!!!

I am by no means an amp expert and dont claim to be one but i believe most situations you can run and combo amp to a cab. You may lose some wattage from the amp in running to the cab and you want to make sure the amp's wattage is equal or less than that of the cabs other wise you can clip the speakers. Correct me if im people and hope htis helps

IF YOUR ARE NOT PLAYING SHEY STADIUM A HALF STACK IS UNNESSARY

: I'm debating on getting a half-stack, just a head unit and a cab. It's a crate glx model. My question is this, i only jam alone right now, would a combo amp be more suitable? Or could I get the combo amp and use it's ext. input to set that on top of a cab? can you even do that? and if so, would you know if that sounds better or worse than getting a normal head unit?

I design guitar amps and during the research phase, it seemed that a combo would do fine. Since you like a half-stack, I suggest a closed back combo. We have one that has the same per speaker volume as a 4-12 and consequently has a very similar sound. You can pull the speaker plug and plug in a cabinet if you would like (4-ohm cabs are optimal). Check it all out at www.pritchardamps.com

Hohner Arbor Series

I hav wot looks exactly like a Gibson Les Paul. But it's a hohner and I can't seem 2 find anything out about it on the web. If u know, tell me.

Palm Muting

Hi.
I have a lot of tabs that say "palm mute" here and stuff like that. What is palm muting and how do I do it?

E-mail me at riotgirl4billy@yahoo.com

Re: Palm Muting

: Hi.
: I have a lot of tabs that say "palm mute" here and stuff like that. What is palm muting and how do I do it?

: E-mail me at riotgirl4billy@yahoo.com

In the simplest terms it means resting your palm on the stringx lightly, I tend to rest mine right over the bridge and that way the pick is in a good postion and I can mute more or less by rolling your hand forward or backward. Muting helps keep the strings from ringing on especially on electric when played loud. Hope this helps

Rare Ibanez: information wanted

Hello,

I've got a very old Ibanez guitar, black, Les Paul model,
with the old Ibanez logo (the I looks like an O)
with 2 humbuckers, phase switch and tone selector,
element-switch and 4 potmeters (volume, treble, bass
and another switch possibility)

could you give me some information about the history,
building year etc?

(I have also got the ST-300, model 1972, description in
Ralph Denyer 's book the guitar, page 61)

thanks a lot,

kind regards,

--
Bernard Schlimbach

Re: Rare Ibanez: information wanted

: Hello,

Ali Brownlow Is Gay

new guitar

I am thinking of upgrading from my Sqier strat to a Aria PE, do you think this is a good move anybody?

epiphone professional

i have an epiphone professional model with the original amp. can anyone give me an approximate value. its in excellent condition and the amp still works.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hi, sorry for my bad bad inglish, I'm from Spain.
I got a SAMICK GREG BENNETT JZ 103 and here in spain no one knows anything about this guitar. And I'm looking for something about in internet but I can't find anything. SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT?? Please help me. Thanks for everything. My mail is: KOVANT@terra.es

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

: Hi, sorry for my bad bad inglish, I'm from Spain.
: I got a SAMICK GREG BENNETT JZ 103 and here in spain no one knows anything about this guitar. And I'm looking for something about in internet but I can't find anything. SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT?? Please help me. Thanks for everything. My mail is: KOVANT@terra.es

Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!

try this web site: http://www.samickguitar.com

: : Hi, sorry for my bad bad inglish, I'm from Spain.
: : I got a SAMICK GREG BENNETT JZ 103 and here in spain no one knows anything about this guitar. And I'm looking for something about in internet but I can't find anything. SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING ABOUT?? Please help me. Thanks for everything. My mail is: KOVANT@terra.es

Frederico Garcia Classical Guitar value?

I have a 1975 Grade No. 2, Frederico Garcia Concert Classical guitar. Spanish Pine Top, Indian Maple sides and back, African Gandella Finger Board, African Cedar neck. Any idea of its value today?

Re: Frederico Garcia Classical Guitar value?

:not sure, ask your local guitar dealer who can get a blue bookn price

Re: Frederico Garcia Classical Guitar value?

For a good indication of the value of your guitar consult the classical guitar listing on Ebay. There are always a couple of Garcia's posted for sale each week; however, do not fantasize about the guitar having a worth as posted on the Sherry/Brener web site. Those values are extremely overinflated.

Andres Segovia Autograph

I have a handwirten note and signature by the master himself, circa 1977...any one know what this might be worth?

Re: Andres Segovia Autograph

hmm..... i know its worth quite a bit. you should have it appraised.

SILVERTONE EXPLORER SHAPE

Has anyone ever seen a silvertone explorer shape guitar? I found one at a store going out of business for 130.00. I might grab it, (something to shred on). Just curious if anyone has ever seen or played one... i can't find anything on the web about it.

Kalamazoo 1930"s archtop for sale

Listed on e-bay search seller davey46923 to take a look Thanks Dave

Mexican Strats

Are thye any good? I am looking into a new guitar, Marshall G30RCD, and a RP300. I dont have the money yet, but when I do I think I`ll go with Mexican strat because I dont have $800 for a USA one. Are they any good? Anyone have sound clips of the RP300, G30rcd, or a Strat?

Re: Mexican Strats

: Are thye any good? I am looking into a new guitar, Marshall G30RCD, and a RP300. I dont have the money yet, but when I do I think I`ll go with Mexican strat because I dont have $800 for a USA one. Are they any good? Anyone have sound clips of the RP300, G30rcd, or a Strat?
I own a Mexi that i got for 270$ off ebay. I had to do some mods to it: Pickup replacement, wiring and tone circuit reconfigure. It is now sweet as sugar...and for a whole lot less than an American series. You can see the details of the "Phoenix Project Strat" in the Nov issue of 'Allthingsstrat.com"

Re: Mexican Strats

I do'nt personally own one but i know about 4 people who own mexican fenders. They sound really good, feel nice too. I have'nt played on a USA fender, but allot of people say that they are just as good as USA fenders and allot better value for money.

american fenders

I heard that it's hard to find American made Fenders in Austalia... is this old news or what?

American Fenders

sorry Australia

cords of song

to get a copy of of cords of song

Re: cords of song

I get my cords of song from da cordfactory

: to get a copy of of cords of song

Guitar Magazines

Hi I have huge collection of both british and american guitar magazines. I sell many of these on ebay, but if you are looking for somethin in particular please feel free to contact me directly

Cameo guitar

Cameo guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Cameo guitar

I need the shitty hindi song music

nees all the shitty hindi music pls

BOSS ME30

MY BOSS ME-30 JUST QUIT WORKING IT COMES ON AND PLAYS IN BYPASS MODE DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THERE IS A RESET OR SOMETHING

Re: BOSS ME30

J'ai perdu le manuel de mon ME30 Help !!!

: J'ai perdu le manuel de mon ME30 Help !!!

Give me your address and I'll run you off a copy of mine. Regards, Manny

Yes please send me a copy of your manual for the boss me30 for i didnt recive one when i bought mine. thankz

BOSS ME30

Does any one know where I can print a manuel for the ME-30? I appreciate the help.

: MY BOSS ME-30 JUST QUIT WORKING IT COMES ON AND PLAYS IN BYPASS MODE DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF THERE IS A RESET OR SOMETHING

There is indeed a reset but, it only resets the user memory to the factory preset patches. Your ME 30 is just plain broken. Try removing batteries and running off the ac adapter only. It might just be a power issue.

I need files of the smiths for guitar pro

I need files in gtp, gt4, gt3 for the smiths or morrisey in guitar pro format.

selecting an electric guitar

My 15-year-old son has asked for an electric guitar for Christmas, and I know nothing about how to select a guitar for him. He is teaching himself to play, and has a strong interest in learning more. Any suggestions on a used guitar in the $150 range, if that is possible? I dond't want to spend a great deal in case this is a passing fad. However, if not, I would like to get him something with some quality to encourage his interest.

Re: selecting an electric guitar

Depends on what style he is in to. Check out www.musicyo.com and look under the Kramer line of guitars. They make a pretty good quality guitar for the price. I have one that I bought about 4 years ago and it plays and sounds just as good as some American guitars priced much much higher.

Thanks, smeagol, for the tip. He has mentioned a stratocaster. My research indicates he must mean a Fender Squier stratocaster. He says a used one is fine. he mentioned an S-shape. What do you think about this one compared to the Kramer line?

: Depends on what style he is in to. Check out www.musicyo.com and look under the Kramer line of guitars. They make a pretty good quality guitar for the price. I have one that I bought about 4 years ago and it plays and sounds just as good as some American guitars priced much much higher.

I don't have enough experience with Strats to know what an S shape is. Check out www.musiciansfriend.com They usually have a really good selection of Strats in any price range. The only word of caution is that you get what you pay for...it would probably be better to buy a higher end good used Strat than it would a cheepy that's brand new.

1930 Regal Plectrum Guitar

Does anyone have a photo of an original tailpiece for this age guitar?

I NEED A ROLAND G-707 GUITAR

e-mail me a price for it anyone that is willing to sell one.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.