Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Kalamazoo round hole model 972F

Anybody have any idea as to the value of this guitar? It was my first electric, had a pickup in the round hole -- got it somewhere around 1945 -
Appreciate any help.

where did the word guitar come from

i heard that it came from the arabic word `qitarra`the name of an instrumentbrought into Spain by the Moors

linkin park

i love linkin park's new song from the inside.

Re: linkin park

its shithouse

linkin park

i love linkin park's songs: One Step Closer, Crawling, By Myself, In The End, Don't Stay, Somewhere I Belong, Lying From You, Hit On The Foor, Faint, Figure.09, From The Inside, Session, Numb.

Re: linkin park

Eyy guys..!! I´m From Holland
Linkin Park Live In Texas Is The Best Cd and dvd
Linkin Park Is The Best 4 Ever I loVe them

ibanez sr 800 (1989)

I need a help: I have bought an IBANEZ soungear sr800 in 1989. I have many problems with the wiring.
Anyone knows the right wiring diagrams for this model? I know the Ibanez page for wiring diagrams but my bass is before of that.
thanks to all

Soungear Ibanez setup

Hi,
I have a Soungear Ibanez 5 strings, and I want to invert the strings for left handed. How can I do the setup?
Thanks a lot!
Abel

Have a luthier do it.

You'll need to install a new nut, slotted for the reverse string setup, and the bridge saddles will need to be reversed, and intonated.

Chords

Is there ANYONE out there that can chord the song "I Got a Line On You" by the band Spirit? I've checked out every music web site on earth and cannot find the chords for this song anywhere.

Re: Chords

: Is there ANYONE out there that can chord the song "I Got a Line On You" by the band Spirit? I've checked out every music web site on earth and cannot find the chords for this song anywhere.

Re: Chords

B, D slide up to E
B, E slide down to D is the basic verse pattern

The chorus is G, A, B

Very simple chords, just the synchopation is a bitch to play and sing at the same time.

Hearing impaired Guitarist

I wear hearing aids. When the rest of the orchestra is playing I must turn the aids down (because the horns and drums just go right through me). As a result, I cannot hear my amp properly. Is there some kind of adjustable earphones I could wear over top of my aids. Would the earphones be plugged into the pre-amp? I am a jazz musician.

boss gt 6 direct to PA?

Someone have suggestion or tricks for Go direct to PA with Boss GT 6? I cant' obtain a decent overdrive-distortion sound!Thank you!

Guitar Strings

Does any body know the formula for calculating even tension string gauges for a 25.5 inch neck? I belive the chart is set up for different tensions based on lbs as the unit of measure.

getting this sound out of my amp

i have a marshall 250dfx and its great, but i can't get settled with the way it sounds, i want a morello sort of distortion and a hendrix/page clean, thx

Framus-Werke guitar model #6255

Does this guitar have any value or history. I would
appreciate any information . Thank you.

classical guitar serial 034206 (or 084206) - bought in Frankfurt/M 1974

: Does this guitar have any value or history. I would
: appreciate any information . Thank you.
NB the guitar has a rounded back.

83 Telecaster Squier, not Fender, made in Japan?

Is a 1983 Squier Telecaster a collectible guitar, just because it is manufactured in Japan?

Re: 83 Telecaster Squier, not Fender, made in Japan?

: Is a 1983 Squier Telecaster a collectible guitar, just because it is manufactured in Japan?

Re: 83 Telecaster Squier, not Fender, made in Japan?

Here's my reply-(should not do this when busy on a Monday!)
Time will tell, right now an 83-84 Squire Tele if stock will go for about $300-350, not a collector's item price, but there are only so many of them of course. We'll see. BTW, you wouldn't happen to know if the stock pup selecter was the "barrel" or "top hat" style?

Re: 83 Telecaster Squier, pup switch

I just got across the Squier on ebay, the owner thought the Tele to be something rare already!! I backed off from the auction and killed the bookmark, so no idea about the pup switch, sorry.

Vintage Ibanez Artist 2611/2613

Anyone who has some information on this model?? I cannot find the serielnumber??

Re: Vintage Ibanez Artist 2611/2613

I would like to buy an Ibanez Artist 2613.
Does anyone wish to sell one in good shape?

VOX 25

I OWN A STANDARD 25, THE INFO I WAS GIVEN WAS: ASH BODY, MADE IN JAPAN, 1982, DEMARZIO PICKUPS, I PAID AROUND £125,WITH ORIGINAL TREM ARM AND NEAR MINT. I HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD BY A REPUTABLE DEALER THAT THE 25 IS A VERY GOOD GUITAR BUT THE FACT THAT IT WAS MASS PRODUCED AND MADE IN JAPAN(WHICH HE SAID WAS NO BAD THING)GAVE IT ITS AFFORDABLE PRICE TAG, AS PEOPLE WANT BRITISH VOX.HE SAID IF HE WERE TO SELL THE GUITAR IN HIS SHOP HE WOULD ASK £170. HOPE THIS HAS HELPED.

P.90

I OWN A LESS PAUL STUDIO WITH PAFS. I WOULD LIKE TO FIT P90 SOAPBARS BEACAUSE I LOVE THE WAY THEY LOOK AND WANT A STONES STYLE SOUND. ANY ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL:WOULD YHEY GIVE ME THAT SORT OF SOUND,WOULD THEY FIT WITH OUT TO MUCH TROUBLE(I WANT TO KEEP THAT MADE TO FIT LOOK),DO GIBSON SELL THESE PARTS(ARE THERE BETTER ALTS?)HOW MUCH DO THEY COST (APROX) CHEERS!!!

Solutions to fingerstyle rehab post neck surgery

I'm wondering if there are any fingerstyle guitar players out there who have experienced restricted facility of motion on the fingerpicking hand, most notably the middle finger, due to a herniated disc in the neck or symptoms of arthritis. Any suggestions and/or exercises for rehab would be appreciated. I did have neck surgery to correct the problem but my playing has not returned to normal before the symptoms appeared.
Signed,
A frustrated fingerstylest

marshall jcm 600 cutting out

I am having a problem with my amp cutting out on my. Power drops about 98%, faint sounds (louder with gain channel), turning it on/of repeatedly sometimes fixes it, problem occurs seemingly random. Anyone experience this problem before?

Re: marshall jcm 600 cutting out

did you try checking the power tubes? if that doesn't help let me know.

Japanese Fender Strat

I picked up a Japanese Fender Strat that looks very different from the usual strat. The plug in is on the bottom edge (like a tele). The serial number is E646078. Any ideas of the year of production or any links to give me more info on it?

Re: Japanese Fender Strat

: I picked up a Japanese Fender Strat that looks very different from the usual strat. The plug in is on the bottom edge (like a tele). The serial number is E646078. Any ideas of the year of production or any links to give me more info on it?

its an 1984-1987 there is no way to be sure at a 100%
http://www.provide.net/~cfh/fender.html#serial

: : I picked up a Japanese Fender Strat that looks very different from the usual strat. The plug in is on the bottom edge (like a tele). The serial number is E646078. Any ideas of the year of production or any links to give me more info on it?

: its an 1984-1987 there is no way to be sure at a 100%
: http://www.provide.net/~cfh/fender.html#serial

a good site for info is http://www.freespace.virgin.net/john.blackman4/index.htm - It gives good info plus a download link for the original fender jap' manual. I've had a 'contemporary' model for 8 years and would never sell it, it's that good.

: I picked up a Japanese Fender Strat that looks very different from the usual strat. The plug in is on the bottom edge (like a tele). The serial number is E646078. Any ideas of the year of production or any links to give me more info on it?

: : I picked up a Japanese Fender Strat that looks very different from the usual strat. The plug in is on the bottom edge (like a tele). The serial number is E646078. Any ideas of the year of production or any links to give me more info on it?

I did not write the original question, But I also have a strat like this I just picked up. The manufacture date is 1986. Is yours with black headstock and rosewood fingerboard? A floating type Fender bridge? It is cool, but the one I got is rough and I am going to begin work on it and am trying to find some original fender brochure type pictures to see how it was originaly shipped.

Esteban

Hey are the Esteban guitars good to learn on?

Re: Esteban

: ESTABAN STEEL SRING GUITAR

: : ESTABAN STEEL SRING GUITAR
My guitar came with a bad frat.
Please help.

HEY, I WAS GIVEN A GUITAR BY THE GREAT MAN HIMSELF,BECAUSE I SUFFERED SOME HEART ATTACKS AND I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER PLAY AGAIN, BUT THIS KIND MAN HELPED ME. I WILL ALWAYS BE IN DEBT. AND AS FAR AS THE GUITARS NOT PERFORMING AS WELL AS YOU EXPECTED, IS IT THE GUITAR OR THE PLAYER?.THINK ABOUT IT!

zalapa hermanos guitar

Anyone know what a Zalapa Hermanos guitar is? Wood inlay. Looks like it was owned by a player. Funky blue tweedish looking case. The sticker inside also reads Paracho, Mich.
Thanks
t out

Re: zalapa hermanos guitar

Go to "www.zalaparacho.com"

best strings?

have an EPIPHONE ACCUSTIC GUITAR AND IM WONDERING WHAT BRAND NAME OR BEST STRINGS I COULD GET TO PUT ON?

Re: best strings?

my favorite strings are cheap ones

: have an EPIPHONE ACCUSTIC GUITAR AND IM WONDERING WHAT BRAND NAME OR BEST STRINGS I COULD GET TO PUT ON?

Re: best strings?

Right there are lot of good strings, firs you have to know whatkind of bridge you have it for the tension of the strings and the specific kind of string for example you cant put steel strings to a nylon guitar its sure that the bridge dont suport the tension of the steel ones so thats the first point the second is the large of your freetboard its better to put on string of the perfect large this is for not have to cut the string and have any risk irregularity in the sound, there we have youre fingers and the confortability of your hands try to look for a string that fits good to you not too hard and too thin.

well for last ive used Daddario string in my guitars for electric and acoustics this are a grat company that manofacture only strings and are masters in that every string that the do are great, look for some earny ball its difficult to find one of those but are great too....

Can not find my guitar anywhere !!!!!!

Hey I have a guitar that is called ( LA ) If you know where i could fing this guitar on the internet or if oyu have even ever seen it pleas tell me.
also if you know anything about them could you tell me what they are goin fore.
Thanx !

Guitarest wanted

Lead Guitarest wanted to form sydney punk/hardcore rock n roll(side project of members of CRUCIFIED VENUS)www.crucifiedvenus.com many o.s contacts and must have shit together and good gear ,car, and be right into punk,must be able to pay for air tickets to japan and Uk no time wasters.

tunings

put together this CD using a total of 8 different guitar tunings. Influenced by Nick Drake and the Allman Brothers a bit. Check it out!
http://www.jeffraymusic.com/sunshinecitytree/SampleSounds.htm

Want to start playing-what is a good guitar/lessons?

I really want to learn how to play the electic guitar just for the fun of it...I love music a lot and would love to play my favorite songs and make up some of my own...anyways anyone have suggestions for a good yet cheap guitar/amp to start on?...as well as videos or books to self teach..I simply do not have time to do private lessons and would rather go at my own pace. Aria STG003 Electric Guitar RRP £119
Peavey Blazer Amp RRP £99
I find this deal on a website they through in some chords a case and a stand if you buy both the guitar and amp..is this good or should I consider something else...thanks.

Re: Want to start playing-what is a good guitar/lessons?

Peavey is a good make of amp. Aria is a good make of guitar.

I personally would go for something like a squire telecaster to start with. Check out secondhand guitars and amps - they're usually the best buys.

A telecaster has a nice feel to it, the frets are neither too close together nor too far apart, and is an easy guitar to play.

I find instructional video's are made by pompous idiots with their heads too far up their own asses - i've yet to see one that is actually instructional.

Get yourself some '3 chord songbooks' and take a few lessons if you can - just to get into the basic chords, and to make you persevere past mastering your first barre chord - after that it becomes easier!

If you get an electric guitar, you may find your fingers bleed from the strings (the thinest one's are like cheesewire!). Vinegar helps (your fingers, not the strings!) - or urine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to learn how to play my new guitar

I really want to learn how to play the acoustic guitar, yet I have no experience with reading music or anything else having to do with guitars for that matter. If anyone has any suggestions on how to start or a good book that will help me, please leave something on here, or e-mail me at bballgal_32@hotmail.com

Wanted: Guild M-20 guitar

I am searching to buy a Guild M-20 acoustic... either an original in excellent condition or a near mint/like new reissue... please feel free to email me about selling one.. thanks, Todd

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.