Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Wanted: Guild M-20 guitar

: I am searching to buy a Guild M-20 acoustic... either an original in excellent condition or a near mint/like new reissue... please feel free to email me about selling one.. thanks, Todd
the guild i have is in great condition mahogony with case serial number 1686 and i think that it was purchased sometime in the late 50,s early 60's

Re: Wanted: Guild M-20 guitar

: I am searching to buy a Guild M-20 acoustic... either an original in excellent condition or a near mint/like new reissue... please feel free to email me about selling one.. thanks, Todd
the guild i have is in great condition mahogony with case serial number 1686 and i think that it was and yes it is a m-20 purchased sometime in the late 50,s early 60's

should i get a mesa boogie v twin preamp?

i am thinkin of getting one as they sound like they are the mutts,anyone got 1?i want a kinda bluesy hard rock sound is it usefull for this?

humming amp

i have a fender hot-rod deluxe and it humms pretty loud when i turn it up past 4. i doubt that its my guitar(but could possibly be ungrounded pickups)i dont know why why it would have such a hum, but if you have any ideas, please let me know.
thanks, kyle.

Re: humming amp

It could be alot of things. You cable, the grounding or shielding in the guitar. Bad solder joints somewhere in between. Try standing off to the side of the amp and see if that helps cut it down. On my amps I get horrible humming depending on where I stand or the angle of the guitar in relationship to the amp and cabinet.

Re: humming amp

Also could be low end effects, If no effects in loop, then it is your guitar or cables. If your playing out in a bar lok for flourescent lights in the same socket or near your amp. Makes mine hum like a bitch sometimes.

Guitar manuals help plz

i need manuals for a zoom 505 multi effects pedal(digital) and a bass zoom bfx-708 digital effects pedal.

Guitar manual, help meeeeee!!!

Please, i need a multieffect manual. for the Me6 by boss ME6 MULTIEFFECT GUITAR, please!!! thanks

Re: Guitar manuals help plz

I need the manual to a ESP EC-1000m plz.

Pots and pickups

i have a fender strat (mexican) and i equiped it with a SD Jr JB in the bridge. the other p-ups are stock. also y rewired to have independent volume control for the SD. since most HB-equiped guitars use 500K pots instead of the 250K (stock), should i change SD volume pot?

Re: Pots and pickups

I would. You'll have a better roll off when you turn the volume knob. While you're in there you might also want to consider a treble bleed to retain your highs when you turn down the volume.

Re: Pots and pickups

Good advice, I would do both

: I would. You'll have a better roll off when you turn the volume knob. While you're in there you might also want to consider a treble bleed to retain your highs when you turn down the volume.

Bedrock Guitar Amp BC-50 212 Combo

Bedrock Guitar Amp BC-50  212 Combo

This popular thread has been given its own page : Bedrock Guitar Amp BC-50 212 Combo

changing acoustic guitar strings

hey i was just wondering how to change the strings for an acoustic where there's a ball over the string end. Do i unscrew the ball? thanks for answering

Re: changing acoustic guitar strings

first loosen the strings,then with a pair of pliers or similar pull them out,they are not screwed in,they may be a bit stiff if they have been in for a long while.when replacing put string in hole first then push ball thing back.;-)

HELP

Hey everyone...uuhm i have just started to learn to play the guitar and i was wondering if u guys know any websites that might help beginners learn to play! If someone could e-mail me those it would be greatly appriciated!

I want to become good guitarist

Dear sir
I love to play guitar
I live in HaNoi - VietNam
I want to receive guitar excercise to improve my guitar playing skill
Thank a lot
Regard
Ha

Re: I want to become good guitarist

: Dear sir
: I love to play guitar
: I live in punjab india
: I want to receive guitar excercise to improve my guitar playing skill
: Thank a lot
: Regard
: i will realy thankfull to you for this

shammi

Re: I want to become good guitarist

: I live in HaNoi - VietNam
: I want to receive guitar excercise to improve my guitar playing skill
: Thank a lot
: Regard
: Ha

If memory serves, www.guitar-guitar.com has a lesson section. Give that a try. Alternatively, there are numerous guitar tablature sites (www.olga.net etc). If you know how to read them, try these.

Re: how do i know if i am a good guitarist

: i can play all nirvana song (on the best of album)
i can play purple haze,and more (32)
but how do i know if iam any good.
i have been plying for 1 year, how do i know if im good for my experience, are there any tests i could do.
thanx
c u

RE:How to become a good guitarist

Dear Sir,
I wanna improve my guitar skills. Do i need to memorize all the chords?

: Ha

Re: to download free hindi songs

I want to download free hindi songs

: I want to download free hindi songs

: : I want to download free hindi songs

: : : I want to download free hindi songs

: : : : I want to download free hindi songs

: : : : : I want to download free hindi songs

I was surfing along and came across your website. I really enjoyed it. Thanks! This site is very informative. I hope to see more in the near future, Wishing you all the best!

Thanks so very much for taking your time to create this very useful and informative site. I have learned a lot from your site. Thanks!! I think you have done an excellent job with your site. I will return in the near future.

Hello, I just wanted to say you have a very informative site which really made me think, thanks very much! Have a nice Day!!

Now there is the internet. And I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

Re: to download free hindi mp3 songs

: : I want to download free hindi mp3 songs

Re: to download free hindi mp3 songs

Hello, I just wanted to say you have a very informative site which really made me think, thanks very much! Have a nice Day!!

tere naam and oojanna

: : : I want to download free hindi songs
: tere naam,phir milenge, dilne jise apna kaha

Thanks so very much for taking your time to create this very useful and informative site. I have learned a lot from your site. Thanks!! I think you have done an excellent job with your site. I will return in the near future.

Re: to download * latest* hindi songs

: I want to download *latest* hindi songs

Re: to download * latest* hindi songs

Re: to download free old hindi video songs of Jewel Thief and Guide

: I want to download free old hindi video
songs

I have always looked for a possibility to find information as quick as I can. Now there is the internet. And I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

I was surfing along and came across your website. I really enjoyed it. Thanks! This site is very informative. I hope to see more in the near future, Wishing you all the best!

I have always looked for a possibility to find information as quick as I can. Now there is the internet. And I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.