Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Advertisement

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: to download free hindi songs

Now there is the internet. And I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

: I want to download free hindi songs

: : I want to download free hindi songs

Now there is the internet. And I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

Thanks so very much for taking your time to create this very useful and informative site. I have learned a lot from your site. Thanks!! I think you have done an excellent job with your site. I will return in the near future.

I have always looked for a possibility to find information as quick as I can. Now there is the internet. And I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

Thanks so very much for taking your time to create this very useful and informative site. I have learned a lot from your site. Thanks!! I think you have done an excellent job with your site. I will return in the near future.

I have always looked for a possibility to find information as quick as I can. Now there is the internet. And I really appreciate people like you who take their chance in such an excellent way to give an impression on certain topics. Thanks for having me here.

: I want to download free hindi songs

: : I want to download free hindi songs
of Film Jewel Thief

Adam Hole - Acoustic Slide Guitar

Visit this site for more info www.AdamHole.com

Guild F205B

alright. i own a guild F205B from approximately 25 years ago. it's in excellent condition. i recieved it from my mum, since a nerve in her back stpos her from being able to play anymore. i was curoius as to how much it is worth. i love it, so i'd never sell. but i am curious! thanks.

Pickup problems..........

I have an epiphone explorer, and the bridge pickup suddenly started going all quiet and lost most of its power. What's going on and how do i fix it?

Re: Pickup problems..........

It's probably the switch. When you mess with the switch can you get a full signal? If not then you'll probably need to find a wiring diagram and check all of your solder joints.

Re: Pickup problems..........

I'll second the switch, epi switches are cheap and always wear out quick, change it out (because you will have to do it eventually anyways) and if that dosen't fix it then just buzz it out.

: It's probably the switch. When you mess with the switch can you get a full signal? If not then you'll probably need to find a wiring diagram and check all of your solder joints.

Looking for Music Man Sabre I or II or Sting Ray

Looking for the above in good but not mint condition, Cash waiting for the right guitar.

Artificial Harmonics --DRIve Me NUtS!...i need help from pros!!!

Artificial Harmonics --DRIve Me NUtS!...i need help from pros!!!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Artificial Harmonics --DRIve Me NUtS!...i need help from pros!!!

Trey on Dave Matthews CD

Can anyone tell me what kind of guitar Trey is playing on Dave Matthew's Some Devil Cd is?
The sound is amazing!

Thanks

VANTEK GUITARS?????

VANTEK GUITARS?????

This popular thread has been given its own page : VANTEK GUITARS?????

Help - Les Paul Guitar Finish Protector

I been lookin for a finish protector for my LP. I search the internet and found a site named axtender.com. Any one has used this product or know anything about it?

Thanks.

Re: Help - Les Paul Guitar Finish Protector

Haven't tried Axtender but, if your Les Paul has a nitro cellulose finish you should be careful of any product that is made of static charged vinyl. Migrating plasticizers can cause your finish to cloud if left on to long...the stuff is OK on poly finishes.

: I been lookin for a finish protector for my LP. I search the internet and found a site named axtender.com. Any one has used this product or know anything about it?

: Thanks.

Hamer/Kramer

I've been searching for NEW OLD STOCK Kramers/HAMERS for years now. Does anybody know where I can get NEW OLD STOCK Kramers (Baretta, Striker, Vanguard, Pacer, Focus...) or Hamers (Scarab, Centaura)?????? If yes: Please, post a message or even better: Write me an email including pics, price etc.!!! Thanks!!!

Greets from Germany,

Sascha Beselt

Re: Hamer/Kramer

Oh, I totally forgot: Of course, I'm highly interested in CHARVELS, too!!!!

I have an old centura ct-212 (X2N-INVADER-X2N pup config) that I never play any more, perfect condition w/licensed FR bridge and grover locking tuners. It would probally cost more to ship it to germany than it is worth though.

: Oh, I totally forgot: Of course, I'm highly interested in CHARVELS, too!!!!

: I've been searching for NEW OLD STOCK Kramers/HAMERS/Charvels for years now. Does anybody know where I can get NEW OLD STOCK Kramers (Baretta, Striker, Vanguard, Pacer, Focus...), Charvels or Hamers (Scarab, Centaura)?????? If yes: Please, post a message or even better: Write me an email including pics, price etc.!!! Thanks!!!

PS: Please, only real NEW OLD STOCK guitars! Thanks to any offer - really nice!!! - but I search for a NEW instrument!

: Greets from Germany,

: Sascha Beselt

Pickup Switch Repair

My Epiphone Les Paul pickup switch snapped off the other day. Can someone tell me how I can fix this myself rather than going to get it done by someone else? Its only the knob on the switch, I can still flick it up and done with the piece that's left.

Re: Pickup Switch Repair

if it was just the plastic tip you can buy new ones at most music stores, can you see screw threads ? if so get another tip, if it's broken then just get a new switch, they are cheap and easy to swap out

: My Epiphone Les Paul pickup switch snapped off the other day. Can someone tell me how I can fix this myself rather than going to get it done by someone else? Its only the knob on the switch, I can still flick it up and done with the piece that's left.

The actual metal "handle" (as I'll call it) with the plastic top is what broke off.

This is kind of a crude, but I think, a quick and virtually free solution. I did it to a Samick LP copy. Find a small very thin nail or brad. Clip it with some cutters to a length of 1/4 inch or so. See if it fits inside the hole left by the old stem. If so, with a toothpick,very carefully, apply a drop of super glue right into the hole. Immediately put the new stem in with the switch in the middle position. Treat it like a surgery, that is, protect the guitar surface with a cloth. I happened to have an old single switch head that I had previously glued to the new stem. Hey, it seems to work, I know the purists are ripping me, but switches are cheap, so what the heck. Good luck. Let me know how it turns out.

Value of guitars-

I have a early 60's fender f-35/ a 1979 ovation matrix 1131-1/ a samick darkwood 12 - 2000? Just curious on approximate value. Thanks for helping. ROCK ON...

guitar

How does one have a guitar appraised? Mine is not in good condition, has a gold block logo, number 15131 on the back of the tuning head, and has 2 cracks in the back. I have had this guitar 30 years and have no idea where it was before that.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you so much.

Kohno Classical Purchase

Hi, I was thinking about bidding on a Kohno I just saw on Ebay. Does anyone know what the approximate value of a 1977 Model 15 would be? Is anyone here familiar with this model? I've played guitar for quite a few years... but, this is my first experience with classical. Would this be a good choice?

Re: Kohno Classical Purchase

well, If its a Kohno it must be good. He is one of the best luthiers in asia (to be exact, Japan)!
if the tag is below $1000 get it!

Re: Kohno Classical Purchase

: Hi, I was thinking about bidding on a Kohno I just saw on Ebay. Does anyone know what the approximate value of a 1977 Model 15 would be? Is anyone here familiar with this model? I've played guitar for quite a few years... but, this is my first experience with classical. Would this be a good choice?

I have a 1981 Kohno 5-27 No#20. I am trying to find a buyer for it. Can anyone shed some light on this guitar? The sound of this guitar is absolutely fantastic, very solid and expressive. It sounds best when high tension strings are used. Any information concerning this guitar would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Shiu

RE: Silvertone Guitar

The origional silvertone guitar was put out by Dan electro & sold under the name of silvertone by Sears & Robuck exclusivly. I owned one some 35 years ago & if it is still made by Dan Electro, it was a good bang for the buck for a beginner.

Re: RE: Silvertone Guitar

: The origional silvertone guitar was put out by Dan electro & sold under the name of silvertone by Sears & Robuck exclusivly. I owned one some 35 years ago & if it is still made by Dan Electro, it was a good bang for the buck for a beginner.
I have a 1959 Silvertone guitar and I am looking to find out how much it is worth .Can you help?
Larry Fosdick

Re: RE: Silvertone Guitar

: The origional silvertone guitar was put out by Dan electro & sold under the name of silvertone by Sears & Robuck exclusivly. I owned one some 35 years ago & if it is still made by Dan Electro, it was a good bang for the buck for a beginner.
I have just bought a Silvertone acoustic archtop guitar. It is blonde with a single cutaway. The serial number is "L7704-8908". Does anybody know what year this guitar was made? It may have been made by Kay for Silvertone.
Thanx,
Bill Bryan

charvel

i need to talk to a charvel expert

Re: charvel

Go to www.jacksonmuseum.com

There you'll find anything concerning Charvel/Jackson-history!

Gretsch Electromatic 6190--1

I need an original trapeze tail piece and a tuning peg for a Gretsch Electromatic 6190-1. Can anyone help?

Electric-acoustic guitar

I'm looking to buy an electro-acoustic guitar, and I've been playing for a while, but I don't know anything about how they work, what to look for, etc. Would an Essex be good? 299-399 australian dollars. Email me so I don't have to come looking evrey day. Thanks.

Electric-acoustic guitar

I'm looking to buy an electro-acoustic guitar, and I've been playing for a while, but I don't know anything about how they work, what to look for, etc. Would an Essex be good? 299-399 australian dollars. Email me so I don't have to come looking evrey day. Thanks.

Blues equipment

What is the best equipment-amps and processors/pedals- to use with a Fender Texas Fat Strat for playing the blues? I like a lot of sustain and harmonics like Roy Buchannon.

Re: Blues equipment

Anything is fine for the blues, instead of equipment try some of these:

-a lying cheating lowdown woman
-a little time in the pen
-a bout with acholism and or drug addiction

that should get ya started

: What is the best equipment-amps and processors/pedals- to use with a Fender Texas Fat Strat for playing the blues? I like a lot of sustain and harmonics like Roy Buchannon.

, instead of equipment try some of these:

: -a lying cheating lowdown woman
: -a little time in the pen
: -a bout with acholism and or drug addiction

: that should get ya started

Right on JC, as for equipment: possibly try some Dunlop bass frets for sustain . And some Texas Special pickups, if you like hot Texas sound i dont really know what kind of harmonics those will give ya.

There is a ton of shit out there, crazy! Unless your playing big venues, ya don't need high wattage earbleeding amps. 30 watts can surfice most. I play a Fender Blues Jr and it sings at 9. What ya save on a big $$ amp, ya can make up with a middle-road/dependable amp and quality effects. Check out Pedalgeek.com. Ya get what ya pay for....unfortunetly a many of the more custom/handmade effects aren't at your local music store, maybe at a Guitar Center or someplace like that.

: , instead of equipment try some of these:

: : -a lying cheating lowdown woman
: : -a little time in the pen
: : -a bout with acholism and or drug addiction

: : that should get ya started

:
: Right on JC, as for equipment: possibly try some Dunlop bass frets for sustain . And some Texas Special pickups, if you like hot Texas sound i dont really know what kind of harmonics those will give ya.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.