Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Blues equipment

: What is the best equipment-amps and processors/pedals- to use with a Fender Texas Fat Strat for playing the blues? I like a lot of sustain and harmonics like Roy Buchannon.

Well during my "Roy Phase" in the early 70's I used a Stock 1970 Fender Tele and Fender Bassman 50 Head. I Pre-amped the guitar just a little with an LPB-1.

Sounds just like him.

Of course Roy's technique, ability, experience and creativity had a lot to do with his sound.

But we can't put that in a box and sell it.

Play with a lot of passion and dedication and chances are you'll go far.

Von Ehman

sheet music

where can i get free sheet music

Re: sheet music

any music store.... if ya know what I mean

: where can i get free sheet music

Old Guitar

Around 1970 I was given a guitar by my grandfather and never learned to play. I have the guitar and it is mint condition but it does not have a brand name on it. I am trying to find out if it is worth anything. The model number is 319.12401001. It was made in the USA. It has the s shapped slots in the front and not the round hole like most guitars. There is a round silver tab at the top of the guitar with a symbol of what looks like the nuclear symbol.

Re: Old Guitar

do you have a pic ??

: Around 1970 I was given a guitar by my grandfather and never learned to play. I have the guitar and it is mint condition but it does not have a brand name on it. I am trying to find out if it is worth anything. The model number is 319.12401001. It was made in the USA. It has the s shapped slots in the front and not the round hole like most guitars. There is a round silver tab at the top of the guitar with a symbol of what looks like the nuclear symbol.

What you have is an archtop f-hole "SR" guitar that came from the Sears, Roebuck and Co. catalog, and was made by the Harmony Co. in Chicago, IL, probably sometime during the 1960's. If you look closely at the 'Sputnik' logo you can make out the initials SR. Sears used this logo on many items during the space-age sixties, I even have a golf club with the same logo. The model number could be looked up in a Sears catalog of that era. The "SR" line was a slightly lower grade than the "Silvertone" line, and as such it does not have a great deal of value, but if the action and neck angle are OK (always a hit-or-miss proposition on any Harmony product), then it should be a nice guitar to play or learn on.

Peter Huggins aka guitarmaniax@webtv.net
------------------------------------------------------

: do you have a pic ??

:
: : Around 1970 I was given a guitar by my grandfather and never learned to play. I have the guitar and it is mint condition but it does not have a brand name on it. I am trying to find out if it is worth anything. The model number is 319.12401001. It was made in the USA. It has the s shapped slots in the front and not the round hole like most guitars. There is a round silver tab at the top of the guitar with a symbol of what looks like the nuclear symbol.

thats pretty crazy man, i have the same exact guitar... modle number 319.12401001

bc rich mockingbird

can anyone tell me how much they would pay for a second han black acrylic bolt on neck bc rich mockingbird.im buying a new guitar but im stuck on a price.

Re: bc rich mockingbird

less than a clam, probally round 5 mussles

: can anyone tell me how much they would pay for a second han black acrylic bolt on neck bc rich mockingbird.im buying a new guitar but im stuck on a price.

Value of 1976 Twelve String Guild

I am interested in value of a 1976 F412 Blonde Guild, Twelve string, with case, gold tuning pegs, mother of pearl fingerboard inlay, jumbo arched back, birds maple body.
Thanks

Value of 1976 Twelve String Guild

I am interested in value of a 1976 F412 Blonde Guild, Twelve string, with case, gold tuning pegs, mother of pearl fingerboard inlay, jumbo arched back, birds maple body.
Thanks

Re: Value of 1976 Twelve String Guild

3 clams 2 mussles

: I am interested in value of a 1976 F412 Blonde Guild, Twelve string, with case, gold tuning pegs, mother of pearl fingerboard inlay, jumbo arched back, birds maple body.
: Thanks

Guitar Instructor in Middlesex Cnty, NJ - Jazz, Blues

Specializing in Jazz and Blues instruction
I'velearned from some of the greats at Rutgers University, including Ted Dunbar and Kenny Barron
Prices are extremely reasonable, and lessons conducted
at my studio or in your home. Call 908-246-2610(cell)

need giannini craviola

i would like to purchase a giannini craviola nylon string guitar. anybody have any leads. if i'd know they would be this hard to find i would have put a pick guard on my old one.

thanks for your help.

Re: need giannini craviola

How much were you thinking of spending on one?
I have a nylon string craviola that I bought brand new in 1973. It's in almost brand new condition. The sides and back are solid Brazilian Rosewood.

I have been looking for someone who appreciates giannini! I have 1972 craviola, original owners, not played much. Strung with three nylon (cat gut) and three steel strings to help me learn classical (which I never did past one year!). In original case.

: i would like to purchase a giannini craviola nylon string guitar. anybody have any leads. if i'd know they would be this hard to find i would have put a pick guard on my old one.

: thanks for your help.

What is your budget?

Hi, there is a Gianni Caviola guitar up for auction right now 12/6/03 on e-bay! The current bid is around $360.

some partiture of chicago "the musical"

i have you got some partiture for piano of songs "all that jazz" and "roxi" (from chicago the musical). please, i need them now, and i can´t find nothing.
thanks!

Re: some partiture of chicago "the musical"

: i have you got some partiture for piano of songs "all that jazz" and "roxi" (from chicago the musical). p<a href='http://www.russian-lolitas.biz'>l</a>ease, i need them now, and i can´t find nothing. : thanks!

hello

hI!!! pls... send me the guitar chords and lyrics of tuloy pa rin by:neocolours... i'll be waiting

THANK YOU

Re: hello

:
: hI!!! pls... send me the guitar chords and lyrics of tuloy pa rin by:neocolours... i'll be waiting

: THANK YOU

: :
: : hI!!! pls... send me the guitar chords and lyrics of tuloy pa rin by:neocolours... i'll be waiting

: : THANK YOU

Hi-right Eric?

Epiphone Les Paul with Gibson Burstbucker Pro

Hi,
I am planning to purchase a Gibson Les Paul Standard,but wondering if I get the Epiphone Elitist Les Paul with the Gibson Burstbucker Pro,would sound the same.
Anybody has one of this setup ?
How close that to the original Les Paul sound ?

Re: Epiphone Les Paul with Gibson Burstbucker Pro

The Burstbucker Pro pickups are fabulous - I can't say enough good things about them. If you put them into one of the new Epiphone Elitist LP's, you'll get that tone....

countess

I have recently purchased an interesting acoustic guitar and I am having a hard time finding information about it. It's called simply "Countess" and on a small barely perceptible sticker inside, it has a serial number and says basically it's a hadcrafted instrument made for professional muscians. any help or info would be greatly appreciated. thanks rob

Crown Model fg250

I have a guitar and it looks like a flamenco, Iwould appreciate any help, I have searched dozens of sites and cant find anything, The pegs are the size of violin pegs

Thx, Dane

Marshall footswitch

I have a Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555-100 watt head and was looking to get the correct footswitch for this model, Does anybody have this information. Thanks

Re: Marshall footswitch

: I have a Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555-100 watt head and was looking to get the correct footswitch for this model, Does anybody have this information. Thanks

: : I have a Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555-100 watt head and was looking to get the correct footswitch for this model, Does anybody have this information. Thanks
re this did you have any luck? I am trying to find out the footswitch I need for a 2553 jubilee 25/50 head
cheers for any help u can give.
Scott

marshall one button foot switch MS1 at your local guitar center. or anyone else who know what they are talking about. well nevermind GC doesnt really know crap. Marshall MS-1
works on my 2555 jubilee

Noble electric guitar

I am trying to find information on a Noble guitar made in Japan, I think by Tombo in the 1960's and imported to the states by Don Noble and company.

Re: Noble electric guitar

: I am trying to find information on a Noble guitar made in Japan, I think by Tombo in the 1960's and imported to the states by Don Noble and company.
I have a noble bass and love it.I got it from my dad a decade or so ago. I am now a player and collector and have not even seen another. very solid bass but has no truss rod. I am sorry I have no real info but I m just excited to hear of another.

Re: Noble electric guitar

I have a Noble guitar given to me by my uncle in the late 70's. I have a picture of him playing it dated '69. It is original still except for the strings. I to am interested in any info. Mine is a hollow body with whammy bar. Don't know if its worth anything though but is cool to play.

identify year model

i have a black les paul custom w/gold hardware 2 p-90
pickups ebony fingerboard w/ the # 952188 impressed
also ''made in usa'' impressed there is no dot on the ''I'' in the name gibson. volute neck cannot figure out what year it is?

Beginner bass guitar?

Hi. I have decided to play bass guitar. My husband plays guitar really well and volunteered to teach me. However, he has expensive taste. So I was wondering if anyone with good guitar knowledge could recommend a good bass guitar for a beginner. Thank You.

very rare guitar tabs to trade or sell

Hi there! I have very rare bguitar,bass tabs. Over 140 books of metal, rock and pop bands for all instruments - great for cover bands. Not available anywhere except for Japan. I am ready to trade or sell: mechanix2@op.pl

very rare guitar tabs to trade or sell

Hi there! I have very rare bguitar,bass tabs. Over 140 books of metal, rock and pop bands for all instruments - great for cover bands. Not available anywhere except for Japan. I am ready to trade or sell: mechanix2@op.pl

Re: very rare guitar tabs to trade or sell

if they are so rare just put em on ebay, you'll get more for em there

: Hi there! I have very rare bguitar,bass tabs. Over 140 books of metal, rock and pop bands for all instruments - great for cover bands. Not available anywhere except for Japan. I am ready to trade or sell: mechanix2@op.pl

EKO Model 200

Hallo. Have just got an Eko Model 200 (made 61-62) from my granny. It'n almost as new, course my granny could not play. Anyone who know of it is worth something?

tabs or chords "goodmorning heartache"

who can help me with finding chords of "goodmorning heartache" sung by diana ross, billy holiday or mary black

How A Guitar Works

A guitar produces sound by echo. When a string is plucked (or picked) it produces a very tiny sound a naked human ear cannot hear. But when that sound wave echos inside the Guitar it circulates and then comes out the hole it went into,but much,much louder.On an Electric Guitar the strings vibrate and the amplifier (amp) prouduces the sound,also by echo.I know your thinking "Blah,Blah,Blah.Oh why doesn't she just shutup?!".But This could be interesting. If you have any questions email me at thecutegrl@sunset.net.
Bye Now,
Molly Jackson

How A Guitar Works

Good Subject ms.jackson

Re: How A Guitar Works

Sorry, you're wrong. The guitar does not work by "echo" Put simply any sound isproduced by vibration. This vibration produces changes in atmospheric pressure which we perceive as sound. When a guitar string is plucked it's energy is transferred via the bridge to the top, the top serves the purpose of increasing the strings energy, as the top vibrates it causes sound pressure waves. The timbre and volume of the instrument are further conditioned by the materials used in it's construction, the volume of air enclosed by the body & the size of the soundhole (or holes)

Blues artists

Who do you think the best blues guitrist ever is?
My personal opinion is Stevie Ray Vaughan. But I'm intrested to hear your guy's responses.

Re: Blues artists

Well, For me is Peter Green (from Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac) the best blues artis ever. Have made many nice songs, ect Albatross, Black magic woman,,Supernatural end so on. Guess he fit the nick name he have,,,THE WHITE NEGRO

It's all personal opinion, but my fav is Buddy Guy

my fav is Stevie Ray Vaughan

KRAMER/ HAMER/ CHARVEL - WHERE ARE YOU?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

: I've been searching for NEW OLD STOCK Kramers/HAMERS/Charvels for years now. Does anybody know where I can get NEW OLD STOCK Kramers (Baretta, Striker, Vanguard, Pacer, Focus...), Charvels or Hamers (Scarab, Centaura)?????? If yes: Please, post a message or even better: Write me an email including pics, price etc.!!! Thanks!!!

PS: Please, only real NEW OLD STOCK guitars! Thanks to any offer - really nice!!! - but I search for a NEW instrument!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.