Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

sho bud identification

does anyone know of a catalogue or a list of sho bud models by serial number? where does number 12988 fit in with 13348? does anyone know the history of such model numbers?

Re: sho bud identification

: does anyone know of a catalogue or a list of sho bud models by serial number? where does number 12988 fit in with 13348? does anyone know the history of such model numbers?

TRY BOBBI SEYMORE,HENDERSONVILLE NASHVILLE TENN.
HE IS ON THE NET.

Re: sho bud identification

: : does anyone know of a catalogue or a list of sho bud models by serial number? where does number 12988 fit in with 13348? does anyone know the history of such model numbers?

: TRY BOBBI SEYMORE,HENDERSONVILLE TENN.
: HE IS ON THE NET.

1950 ish SUPRO

I HAVE AN OLD SUPRO #T268 FULL BODY , TWO F OPENINGS TWO BRASS PICKUPS,VOLUME&TONE KNOBS,3 POSITION TONE SWITCH,BLONDE WOOD BODY ALL ORIGINAL.CAN ANYONE TELL WHAT IS IT WORTH&WHEN WAS IT MADE . RON

Norma bass guitar

I got a Norma bass guitar in 1964. It is orange and has a "Blackjack" name plate. Does any one know about this particular guitar? Thanx

Gretsch White Falcon & Chet Atkins Gretsch

I have a White Falcon serial# 10-2076 -no 7597 & a Chet Atkins 7335 by Bigsby 1973 that I am trying to figure out the value for each.
White Falcon has yellowed a bit and is missing damper knob, Atkins is a 8 out of 10 and the Falcon a 8 also.Any thoughts on there value would be greatful.

replacement parts for older Les Paul Custum

Help! Anyone! I've got an early seventies era Les Paul with gold hardware. New Machine heads by Gibson, made by Grover don't fit in the holes. The holes in the new Gibson bridge are too wide for the posts, so the bridge tends to move a little. Does anyone know where to get replacement Gibson parts that will work? Thanks in advance.

looking amanda marshall "love is my witness: tab

does anyone have the tabs for "love is my witness" by amanda marshall.
thank!!
tanja

Takamine Electric Guitar

We have a Takamine Electric Guitar and I would like some history on it. I know that Takamine does not make the Electric Guitar anymore and I want to know when that last made just an electric guitar and why they stopped making them. I heard some stories on it and I just want to find out if the story I heard was correct.

Re: Takamine Electric Guitar

oopssssssss posted too fast without typing.

i actually have the same guitar and bought it about 11 years ago. takamine doesn't give out much information apart from the fact it's quite unique, they only made electric guitars in 1984-85 they were all mahogany set neck with overwound pickups. it's a pretty unique guitar and i'm quite sure that i'm never gonna sell it.
this is all i know about this guitar.

: We have a Takamine Electric Guitar and I would like some history on it. I know that Takamine does not make the Electric Guitar anymore and I want to know when that last made just an electric guitar and why they stopped making them. I heard some stories on it and I just want to find out if the story I heard was correct.

Gibson Hummingbird & string choice

OK, I just got a 'bird (ordered it, which I had to do where I live) and the neck isn't straight, the action's way too high. Otherwise everything appears to be perfect. The problems will of course be fixed, but at the same time I'd like to know what the best strings might be to put on this model: strumming, fingerpicking; own stuff, cool country, blues. Thanks!

Bands setup info

Does anyone know a good site or anything that gives descriptons of bands set ups(e.g smashing pumpkins)?

Dating Your Guild

Here's the site for Guild. Just type in your search block dating your guitar and see what pops up..
http://www.mrgearhead.com/guild/dating.html

Making a Guitar

what would be the best wood to use if I want good sound, light weight and durability. I could also do with it being cheap!

Re: Making a Guitar

Depends on the type of tone you're after. Warm Les Paul?...Bright Fender...etc. Let me know and I can give recommendations after that. Also, go to www.warmoth.com and browse around. They have some good descriptions of woods and their tonal properties. www.lumberlady.com sells pretty good wood for making electric guitar bodies. I recommend you go for something different than the norm...like I built one with mesquite on top of mahagony with a maple neck. And it sounds great and unlike any guitar you can commercially buy, to me that makes it worth alot more.

Hi I need help!!My name is Chris Elliman and im doing a graphics project on Guitars and i need pictures of the inside of the guitar.e.g If you sawed a guitar in half.PLEASE HELP ME!!!
E-Mail back A.S.A.P
Chris

I was wanting to make a guitar with a warm tone like a Les Paul. If you can give me recommendations on making that type that would be awesome. Thanks a lot.

: Depends on the type of tone you're after. Warm Les Paul?...Bright Fender...etc. Let me know and I can give recommendations after that. Also, go to www.warmoth.com and browse around. They have some good descriptions of woods and their tonal properties. www.lumberlady.com sells pretty good wood for making electric guitar bodies. I recommend you go for something different than the norm...like I built one with mesquite on top of mahagony with a maple neck. And it sounds great and unlike any guitar you can commercially buy, to me that makes it worth alot more.

i am thinking of making a simple acoustic guitar for a school project i was wondering what if you would be able to send me any basic plans/layouts for an acoustic guitar

pregunta

desearia saber cual pedalera me conviene comprar.una boss gt-6 o una gnx-1.
he sabido de comentarios a favor y en contra de una y de otra

Re: Tama 3560 / 12

I purchased this 3560/12 in 1976 for $350.00 new and would like to find a source of information to learn more about materials used in construction as well as present value. Please contact me or this site if you wish to help.

Re: Tama 3560 / 12

: I purchased this 3560/12 in 1976 for $350.00 new and would like to find a source of information to learn more about materials used in construction as well as present value. Please contact me or this site if you wish to help.

i courently got this guitar as a gift (12 string tama) it has a beautiful sound, and plays great and seriously dont know anyhting about this beautiful guitar...anyone here have any info?

Washburn D-27S 1982 vintage value?

Hi - I have a Washburn D-27S made in 1982 and I am wondering if anyone has a valuation for this guitar. I am starting to look at other guitars (e.g., Santa Cruz Vintage Artist, Collings OM-2H, and Martin D-16 and D-18) .
I play celtic accompanyment most of the time and am looking for a good strumming guitar - any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

what amp should i use

i am a new guitarist, i havent got my guitar yet, but i was wondering if the amp i had my eye on is good enough for me to use, i have been lookin at the fender 15R frontman series II, which features a 15w 8" speaker, with reverb, would this amp be good since i am a beginner?
thanx
shane

Re: what amp should i use

I bought an amp similiar to that (my first was a fender frontmman 38watt) for my first amp. It was a reliable amp with nice sound quality. I would reccomend it for beginners.

Re: what amp should i use

thanks for the recommendation, i think i will get that amp, and then ask my grandmother for a distortion pedal for christmas.

shane

ortheum archtop

I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on a ORTHEUM ARCHTOP.It is a very well made guitar.Does have some age on it.I just can't find no history on this guitar.Any help would be great Thanks Dave

Anyone know anything about this guitar?

: I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on a ORTHEUM ARCHTOP.It is a very well made guitar.Does have some age on it.I just can't find no history on this guitar.Any help would be great Thanks Dave

need photo of 1955-era Kay electric guitar

I am making a documentary and need a picture of a Kay electric guitar from the mid-1950s. Apparently, it was called a "Speed Demon" and came in both 2- and 3-pickup configurations. (Preferably, I need the 3-pickup version). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: need photo of 1955-era Kay electric guitar

: I am making a documentary and need a picture of a Kay electric guitar from the mid-1950s. Apparently, it was called a "Speed Demon" and came in both 2- and 3-pickup configurations. (Preferably, I need the 3-pickup version). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: need photo of 1955-era Kay electric guitar

go to vintageguitar.com
OR
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2576784585&category=2384

Guitar Parts

I Need A Output Jack For My YAMAHA APX-10CN Acoustic Guitar. This Is A Stereo Jack & It Activates The Factory Pick-up When a Guitar Lead Is Inserted Into It.
Cah Anybody Help.

Re: Guitar Parts

just bring your guitar into a guitar shop and they can find one that fits... unless its a really bad shop...

gibson sg z

hey. i was just wondering if anyone's got one or knows where i could find one.
that's about it, really.
thanks

Re: gibson sg z

: hey. i was just wondering if anyone's got one or knows where i could find one.
: that's about it, really.
: thanks

saw one on ebay a minute ago,ave a look :)

: saw one on ebay a minute ago,ave a look :)

uh, if you could find it again, i'd appreciate if you could post the link, cause i'm having some difficulty finding that. thanks though!

ermm...gone now......srry

: hey. i was just wondering if anyone's got one or knows where i could find one.
: that's about it, really.
: thanks

I have one for sale. It has the Verdigris finish and comes with original case. email me if your interested.

Axe

Parts

I Need An Output Jack For My YAMAHA APX-10CN Guitar. This Is A Stereo Jack And It Activates The Factory Pick-Up When a Guitar Lead Is Inserted Into It. Can Anybody Help.

TA,
DAVID

buy guitar YAMAHA APX-10CN

: hello
i wont buy this guitar yamaha
model: YAMAHA APX-10CN
i wont price guitar with shipping to my country (iraq )

thnk you my mobile:0790-421483

buy guitar YAMAHA APX-10CN

: hello
i wont buy this guitar yamaha
model: YAMAHA APX-10CN
i wont price guitar with shipping to my country (iraq )

thnk you my mobile:0790-421483

Parts

I Need An Output Jack For My YAMAHA APX-10CN Guitar. This Is A Stereo Jack And It Activates The Factory Pick-Up When a Guitar Lead Is Inserted Into It. Can Anybody Help.

TA,
DAVID

Guild D25M

I bought this guitar new in 1975. Does anyone know it's value today? It is is in very good condition.

amp buzzing!

ive got a new guitar with a humbucker and when i plug it in the amp buzzes,and when i touch the metal screws on the humbucker it gos away any ideas how to get rid of this?(it only does it when distortion is turned on)

Re: amp buzzing!

: ive got a new guitar with a humbucker and when i plug it in the amp buzzes,and when i touch the metal screws on the humbucker it gos away any ideas how to get rid of this?(it only does it when distortion is turned on)

Humbuckers to buzz when you aren't in contact with the guitar - not exactly sure but it's something to do with the way they gather sound.

You can reduce amp buzz generally by ensuring that you only have 1 earth wire on your setup. For instance, you may have a multi-plug extension. Leave the earth wire in that (so it's act as earth for all your equipment), and disconnect (and make safe) the earth wires from your amp, effects processor etc.

Use a surge protector plug as well to prevent any electrical 'accidents'!

Re: amp buzzing!

: ive got a new guitar with a humbucker and when i plug it in the amp buzzes,and when i touch the metal screws on the humbucker it gos away any ideas how to get rid of this?(it only does it when distortion is turned on)

This sounds like a problem that we have with my amps when the power ground is not good. If you don't have a three-wire power cord, you might look into one. If you do, the recepticle may not be grounded properly. They make these OK lights for about $8 and they are at the harware store. Just plug it in and if it reads OK then it is OK otherwise, something is wrong... EKP

distortion problem..

on my distortion pedal when i turn my pedal up over 6 on the distortion level knob i get a muffled heavy sound any ideas how to get a clearer heavier sound..(its a ibenez fat cat pedal)

Re: distortion problem..

Get A Metal Zone. To answer all your distortion crunch needs!

Me,personally,I never liked the Fat Cat.They're too tempramental depending on the amp,guitar or pickups.
I use a Smash-box most of the time.At low dist. levels it's still very clear.Kinda frail though.

: on my distortion pedal when i turn my pedal up over 6 on the distortion level knob i get a muffled heavy soun<a href='http://www.underage-girls.org'>d</a> any ideas how to get a clearer heavier sound..(its a ibenez fat cat pedal)

: on my distortion pedal when i turn my pedal up over 6 on the distortion level knob i get a muffled heavy sound any ideas how to get a clearer heavier sound..(its a ibenez fat cat pedal)

You could try turning the treble up, and the bass down on your amp - that would give you a clearer sound. Also, depending on where your volume is set to on your amp and guitar, that could muffle the sound (having your guitar colume down can muffle, having your amp volume too high can distort and muffle the sound - but having your amp volume to low can muffle as well!!!!!!)

In conclusion(!), play with you eq settings on your amp and guitar - if that doesn't work, burn the pedal and get a new one!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.