Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Hai

Hai, my name Febrito. I'm a guitar player. Can I came in this forums?

Harmony Rocket Part Needed

I have a '65 single pickup Rocket. The (white) lower strap button is broken off flush right where it goes through the tailpiece. I don't even know if the button is replaceable, since I haven't removed the tailpiece yet. Does anyone know where I might find one of these?

Re: Harmony Rocket Part Needed

: I have a '65 single pickup Rocket. The (white) lower strap button is broken off flush right where it goes through the tailpiece. I don't even know if the button is replaceable, since I haven't removed the tailpiece yet. Does anyone know where I might find one of these?

Email David Morgan d2mm@earthlink.net
He may have one. Tell him billieg2 sent ya...

Stroh--the rarest guitar?????

Anyone out there ever come across a Stroh guitar? Made in UK circa 1910-1920, any info appreciated.
BC.

Re: Stroh--the rarest guitar?????

Stroh made some guitars, but they are exremely rare. They were intended to be played as Lap-steels, I don't think there were any made to be played upright but I could be wrong. I've seen & sold several Stroh-Viol instruments, but they were all Violin-family. The 1-string jap-fiddle is the most common. The violins sound pretty horrible, I'd expect the guitars would also.

Re: Stroh--the rarest guitar?????

Stroh made some guitars, but they are exremely rare. They were intended to be played as Lap-steels, I don't think there were any made to be played upright but I could be wrong. I've seen & sold several Stroh-Viol instruments, but they were all Violin-family. The 1-string jap-fiddle is the most common. The violins sound pretty horrible, I'd expect the guitars would also.

Yamaha FG-345 II

I have a Yamaha FG345-II that I bought several years ago and would like to sell. Anyone have advise on how much it's worth?

Re: Yamaha FG-345 II

: I have a Yamaha FG345-II that was given to me by my dad. He bought it new back in the day, And one of my retarted friends broke it! if any one knows how much it is worth please write me!

NECK RADIOUS

HEY GUYS, I HAVE A MUSIC MAN (EDWARD VAN HALEN MODEL) WITH A MAPLE NECK THAT I AM DOING A FRET DRESS FOR A FRIEND AND WAS WOUNDERING IF ANY OF YOU KNEW WHAT THE NECK RADIOUS WAS ?

Re: NECK RADIOUS

From lookind at it,I THINK his main axes are 16 rad.For speed.

Have you seen this Video?

Check out this Video:
http://www.guitar5day.com/guitar11.html

aku mahu semua kod lagu linkin park

tolong bagi kod lagu tak kira gitar,drum,turntables,piano atau bass>>>>>
please give me!!!!

Re: aku mahu semua kod lagu linkin park

: tolong bagi kod lagu gitar: please give me!!!!

Re: aku mahu semua kod lagu linkin park

: : tolong bagi kod lagu piano: please give me!!!!

yuyuyut 6

uit

Difference between Ibanez SA160 and Ibanez SA160QM

Hello,
can someone say me the differernt between the
IBANEZ SA160 and IBANEZ SA160QM. Is this really
by the optics or is there an other differences?
Because the QM costs in Germany 70€ more.

Best regards
Oldbeatle Olli

Different between Ibanez SA160 and SA160QM

Hello,
can someone tell me the difference between the
Ibanez SA160 and the Ibanez SA160QM. Is the only
different the colour of the body? Because the
difference of the price is in Germany 70€.

Best regards
Oliver

Re: Different between Ibanez SA160 and SA160QM

Yes, I believe the only difference is the quilted maple top and color options. The QM finish is very nice looking though. There is about $70 difference here in the U.S. too.

Thanks !

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards
Olli

Westbury Standard wanted

Hi there!
I´m looking for Westbury Standard ´79-´82 guitars.
Got any?
Lefties preferred!

Re: Westbury Standard wanted

I have recently come into posession of a westbury standard , needs a little work but sounds pretty good black with twin humbuckers I cant find much info about these guitars except for some reviews, everyone seems to like them, : Hi there!
: I´m looking for Westbury Standard ´79-´82 guitars.
: Got any?
: Lefties preferred!

Re: Westbury Standard wanted

I have recently come into posession of a westbury standard , needs a little work but sounds pretty good black with twin humbuckers I cant find much info about these guitars except for some reviews, everyone seems to like them, : Hi there!
: I´m looking for Westbury Standard ´79-´82 guitars.
: Got any?
: Lefties preferred!

GIBSON SG GUITAR BUILDING PLANS

I am interested in building a Gibson SG this winter and would appreciate plans for either a single or double neck guitar.

Re: GIBSON SG GUITAR BUILDING PLANS

hello m8,there is a lady who sells them on ebay........type "gibson sg luthier plans" in yer search and they should come up,if not try again a few days later,shes allways selling em,they are £12.99.i got some and they look good,although this will be my first project,,so what do i know ..;-)

220 voltage guitar amps

Is it possible to purchase the above voltage guitar amps and effects,(to be used in 220voltage countries) or can i use the 110voltage amps with a converter,and is it ok for continious use..thanks for yor help... Mark

Re: 220 voltage guitar amps

: Is it possible to purchase the above voltage guitar amps and effects,(to be used in 220voltage countries) or can i use the 110voltage amps with a converter,and is it ok for continious use..thanks for yor help... Mark

Some manufacturers make 220 VAC versions of their amps and some others make switchable voltage power. You can not use just any old converter for 220VAC operation, particularly the ones for heaters. You need a transformer or inverter that produces the 110 from 220... EKP

Martin D18

I want to get a used D18. What are the important considerations as far as year of manufacture, materials used, etc. When were the best ones made? Thanks in advance for any input. Cliff.

Marshall mg 30amp question

I need help i just got a marshall mg 30 dfx and my epi v sounds good through it just my Epi special II and strat dont. I am searching for a metallica tone and i do not understand no matter how you adjust the amp the Special lp sounds like a bass please help. the harmonics sounds pingy.

Ukulele tab for Pearl Jam

Hello fellow friends. I've recently purchased a ukulele and I was wondering if anyone know the chords for Pearl Jam's "Soon Forget". It's a great song and I would guess ideal for practice. Let me know. Thanks.

guitar values

guitar values

This popular thread has been given its own page : guitar values

can anyone tell me how old this is

its a les paul standard......s# is 72689636 ....it looks old...has some really vintage looking tuning keys......i just dont know how to look up something or know how old something is by the serial number, can anyone help

by the SN.....

It's a 1979 model.

Kenny Loggins Tabs

I have been looking for tabs for early Kenny Loggins stuff- Leap of Faith, Conviction of the Heart, and so on. Does anyone know where I can find them?
Thanks!

Re: Kenny Loggins Tabs

NO I DONT WANT TO

Need Cords For Winken Blinken & Nod

Help! I'm straning my brain trying to figure them out. Send me & e-mail & I'll send you the jpeg, (3.14meg) if you never heard it! Love it, beautiful song! Need Cords For Winken Blinken & Nod the Big 3's version The Mamas & Papas before I go crazy! Help!!!! N9HLS@WI.RR.COM 11/12/03

Johnny Smith

Looking for original Johnny Smith tailpiece. I have 80's model with Oettinger "fingers" tailpiece ad want to replace with original L-5 style with 'Johnny Smith' egony insert. Will pay cash or trade other parts from guitar. Possibly guard and pickups (this is a double model). Thanks!

YAMAHA SA2200 has anyone got a BROWN SUNBURST one?

YAMAHA SA2200 has anyone got a BROWN SUNBURST one?

This popular thread has been given its own page : YAMAHA SA2200 has anyone got a BROWN SUNBURST one?

stagg

i am bidding for a stagg les paul copy on ebay and i want to know if they are any good. are they?

Re: stagg

Morning Drew,

Stagg guitars are budget instruments from china (i think).
their website is http://www.staggmusic.com/
The new les pauls which they produce are rather nice, however ones built around a year ago had nasty pickups on them.
The build quality on these guitars is excellent for the money and they look the business too.
The only quarm is with the name, however if you can get past that go for it. As with many budget brands alot of the reviews we read are from troubbled teens obsessed with brand names such as fender and gibson. However as an owner of a real Les Paul and a PRS it often suprises people when i gig with either my stagg PRS copy or the Stagg Les Paul. Ok they're not in the same league as the real deal, but they're as good as epiphone's etc at half the cost.
To give you an idea the Stagg Les Paul has an RRP of £200 (uk sterling).

Cheers

Chris

EDS-1275

Anyone have wiring diagram for a eds-1275?

Help me identify an acoustic guitar

Hello,

I hope someone can help me determine what type of guitar I have. My granddad gave me this guitar and I'm pretty sure it's not a name brand. It has a red cherry finish with a sunburst on the top part of the dreadnought. The pickguard has designs on it of a hummingbird near some flowers, butterflies, and other pretty flowers etched in the pick guard. The sticker on the back of the headstock says made in Korea. There is no number or name anywhere on or inside the guitar. Does anyone have a clue what it might be? Thanks for your help.

its a cheapy, sorry...

: Hello,

: I hope someone can help me determine what type of guitar I have. My granddad gave me this guitar and I'm pretty sure it's not a name brand. It has a red cherry finish with a sunburst on the top part of the dreadnought. The pickguard has designs on it of a hummingbird near some flowers, butterflies, and other pretty flowers etched in the pick guard. The sticker on the back of the headstock says made in Korea. There is no number or name anywhere on or inside the guitar. Does anyone have a clue what it might be? Thanks for your help.

guitar cords

we need guitar cords for blink182 what's my age again

Re: guitar cords

I hope this will be useful, i love the song and i hope you manage to play it ok. If you want the tabs just e-mail me and ill be glad to give them to you.

What’s my age again
Blink 182

Intro / First Verse

Picking Bar chords
G, D, E, C

last time around hold the E and C longer

Chorus

G, D, E, C one hit each power Chord

Second Verse

G, D, E, C palm muting

Bridge? Solo?

Please email me the tabs and chords to go with song if possible.
do u hav any other blink 182 songs? If so what r they.
Thanx alot,
Meghan

: we need guitar cords for blink182 what's my age again
plz. send me guitar chords. we shallbe very thankful to you

need guitar cords for "Hiccup" by Pink. Thanks very much!

need guitar cords for suzie q by ccr please and thanks.

I need guitar cords for 'Time of your life" by Greenday, please.

: I need guitar cords for 'Time of your life" by Greenday, please.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.