Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - November, 2003

Archive for posts from November, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: guitar cords

: : I need guitar cords for "Story of a girl","Be like that", "Here without you" by 3 Doors Down, please.

guitar cords

: I need guitar cords for 'Time of your life" by Greenday, please.

im a begginer and could you send me the cords I need.

: : I need guitar cords for Walking in Memphis" by Marc Cohn, as sung by Cher please.

I need the guitar cords for "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd.

I need the cords for "freebird" by Lynard Skynard

: I need the cords for "freebird" by Lynard Skynard

I need the cords for "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynard Skynard

i need guitar cords to "sweet home alabama" in 1 minute

I need guitar cords for the whole Seven Nations Army song by the White Stripes...but numbers not letters/notes :S im a beginner

: I need guitar cords for the whole Seven Nations Army song by the White Stripes...but numbers not letters/notes :S im a beginner.........

okay who ever submit that, let me just say rock on i am a learner too, and the chords/notes/keys/ stuff confuzzles me! :S thanx for speaking for all the beginners!!!! :)

: I need guitar cords for Swin Swing by All American Rejects, please.

I need cords for kryptonite by Three Doors Down.
Thank You
Jacob

I need cords to Here Without You,
Thank you:
Mark

: I need cords to "Here Without You",please
: Thank you:
: Mark

guitar cords

we need avril lavigne cords and good charlotte

need some easy listening and playing cords

: can i have guitar cords for System of a Down "Chop Suey"? please

: we need guitar cords for lifehouse you belong to me

Re: guitar cords sam

me and my friends need guitar cords for changes by 3 doors down~~

: we need guitar cords for blink182 feeling this

Yes I would like some cords for my guitar because I got a guitar for Christmas. My brother taught me some cords but I would like to get some papers of cords for me.

i need guitar cords for the white stripes 7 nation army

yo i need guitar cords 4 good charolet the day that i die thank u ;)

: i need the cords for sweet dreams

guitar cords (not tabs)

I really need the cords to Time of your life by Green Day!!! Please :)

Roland GI-20 Users?

Is anyone using the Roland GI-20 to record midi to their computer?
If you do - which guitar/pick-up, computer and DAW do you use?
Any particular tricks or techniques in doing so?

thanks,

BG

Re: Roland GI-20 Users?

No one has responded?

I'm interested to see how it compares to the MIDI out of a GR-33. Any ideas?

Thanks,

GD

: Is anyone using the Roland GI-20 to record midi to their computer?
: If you do - which guitar/pick-up, computer and DAW do you use?
: Any particular tricks or techniques in doing so?

: thanks,

: BG

Re: Roland GI-20 Users?

I recently purchased a GI-20 and use it with Cubase VST 5.1 on a P4 (pc) workstation'. It's an IBM Intellistation I found used in a local store. I added my Layla20 card (succeeded by 2 newer versions from Echo, but the L20 works well). I find the GI20's tracking to be very good - minimal or no latency on most vsti patches after upgrading to this pc from an even older p3. The Intellistation is 1.6 ghz processor with ram max'd at 1.5 gig (and this is a 3-year old pc... you can do much better if you want to spend the money.). I mounted the Roland GK2-H midi pickup on '77 strat (heavy body, no trem)and it tracks and sustains well. Decay and releass of many synth pads can be bit too abrubt but I guess that is the nature of using a vibrating string as a trigger and not a depressed keyboard key. Recording midi seems easy. I did have problems at first with record/monitoring, but upgrading to the latest Echo Layla driver (with improved ASIO)fixed the problem. I can't really compare to the GR-33 since I haven't used one, but my sense from what I've heard is the new stuff is faster. I've mostly been exploring vsti synth sounds and havent yet changed parameters on the GI-20. That will come.

B

decca dmi-62 amp free for parts

found left on side of road on bulk garbage collection day. worked for a few power-ups ~2 hours then produced acrid cloud of smoke. haven't opened up the box since, and can't say the tubes look damaged (one had a large, weird glob of congealed grease on it which partially flaked off..??) so not sure what's wrong with it. might be haunted.

you ship it/pick it up, it's yours

Re: decca dmi-62 amp free for parts

: found left on side of road on bulk garbage collection day. worked for a few power-ups ~2 hours then produced acrid cloud of smoke. haven't opened up the box since, and can't say the tubes look damaged (one had a large, weird glob of congealed grease on it which partially flaked off..??) so not sure what's wrong with it. might be haunted.

: you ship it/pick it up, it's yours

Can you tell me anything about the specs of this amp? Like speaker size, tubes, or anything else? Also how much for shipping? Thanks, Eric

Lyle W415 Dove Bridge Saddle

Need bridge saddle for Lyle W415 Dove model. Anyone have an idea where I might find one?
Thanks!

Hondo 2 les paul copy, strings

hello there, sorry to bother you all. but im new to the whole "guitar" thing and was wondering

does anyone know what strings i need to get for my hondo 2 lespaul copy. and if not where i can find out.

thank you so much for your time
Adam

Re: Hondo 2 les paul copy, strings

i suggest that you start out with some ernie ball "slinkies". tell the dude at your local music store you want a pack of "Ernie ball slinky 10's" take them home and intall them on your hondo(great guitars, hondo was my first), according to the color code on the bottoms of the strings. i suggest the slinkies becuase the will be easy on your fingers and they are very forgiving strings. not to mention that they sound awesome. good luck!

Cords to the first cut is th deepest by cheryl crow

i know that Rod had a hit with it first but could you still help me out here.

Amp advice?

hey,im looking for a nice amp, something around 100W, maybe more, and something that is trustworthy, for $200 at the most. i have found couple, but most of them were Rouge amps...i tried to do some background on that company, but i havent been able to find anything. i am willing to buy used amps too...so if anyone knows of anything...that would be great.

HOW DO I PAINT A GUITAR "WELL" HELP/?//???//?!!!@@##$$%%^^&&**(())

I'm a beginner, and I can't affored anything else so I'm getting a Squir Affinity Strat, and there is this "special" one I found on musiciansfriend.com, and I don't like the colors, is there any way I can paint it without messing it up????????????????????????????????????????????

Re: HOW DO I PAINT A GUITAR "WELL" HELP/?//???//?!!!@@##$$%%^^&&**(())

check out reranch

: I'm a beginner, and I can't affored anything else so I'm getting a Squir Affinity Strat, and there is this "special" one I found on musiciansfriend.com, and I don't like the colors, is there any way I can paint it without messing it up????????????????????????????????????????????

I bought a guitar and the paint was chipped as hell so i sanded it down...but what kind of pain do i use? i want the wood grain to still show through, like it was stained.

: I bought a guitar and the paint was chipped as hell so i sanded it down...but what kind of pain do i use? i want the wood grain to still show through, like it was stained.
you spray it with your fucking semen and then wip it with your sink and the put your guitar it in a clear gloss.

: : I bought a guitar and the paint was chipped as hell so i sanded it down...but what kind of pain do i use? i want the wood grain to still show through, like it was stained.
: you spray it with your fucking semen and then wip it with your sink and the put your guitar it in a clear gloss.
: use a transparent paint oir a colored stain useing as many coats as you need to get the desired affect. then put a coat or two of varnish then six coats of poly urathane wet sanding in between each coat after it has set for a few days.. to wet sand use 220 grit soaked in water for a half hour and a rubber brick..ALWAYS SAND WITH THE GRAIN.. other wise it will come out like shit. ne other questions email me at Guitarman404@yahoo.com my name is joe.

i've just been loking into it. for what your talkin about, just stain it like you're sayin, then give it a few good coats of polyester or polyurethane--the polyester gives it that real thick, shiny look though. but hey, this is just stuff i've read. i'm in your same boat, but i'm trying to paint it a color for my neice. i had th f-in thing perfect...it had a pink undercoat (for a little girl, remember?), then i sprayed blue over that, but from the sides...like a sunburst. then i sprayed chrome in the same way, but flecked the paint on the front and back. it had almost like a chemeleon look--appearing different colors from different angles. BUT THE F_IN S#*T PEELED OFF!!! i was supposed to use laquer and not enamel...at least that's what it seems like now. anyways, good luck

MISCERS ARE RETARDED BUTT BABIES

guitar.com has head up butt syndrome
misc forum is dogshit

Slide Guitar!!

Just thought would let you all know that there is a new site called www.bluemoonbottleneck.co.uk that has proberbly the best slides on the web , check it out!!!!!!

SWITCHING FROM CLEAN TO DISTORTION????

Can anyone help me. I need to switch from a clean sound to distortion in the middle of a song. My amp has a distortion switch on it, but i would like to use my foot so i can do it in the middle of the song. Do i need to buy a distortion pedal or something???? PLEASE HELP!!!

Re: SWITCHING FROM CLEAN TO DISTORTION????

Yeah or depending on what kind of amp you have you may be able to purchase a foot switch made for your amp by the manufacturer.

guitars

im looking for "lado spyder" electric guitars, I have one and want to know more about these guitars

millencolin amp settings

can anyone help me? i want my amp to sound like millencolin's, does anyone know the amp settings millencolin use?
someone please help me

harmonics and artificial harmonics

help im stuck, I can play loadsa stuff but i duno how to do harmonics or artificial harmonics, can anyone help? please

Re: harmonics and artificial harmonics

: help im stuck, I can play loadsa stuff but i duno how to do harmonics or artificial harmonics, can anyone help? please

Artificial harmonics were discussed by me and others in the posting "Artificial Harmonics DRIve Me NUtS! on 13th November 2003, so read there for a description of how to play them.

Harmonics occur naturally on a guitar at the 5th, 7th, 12th, 17th, 19th and (if your guitar has one!) 24th frets.

You sound them by touching the string - but not pressing down as you would normally, over the edge of the fret (where the metal separater is) as opposed to the inside of the fret. Play the note and let go of the string. You can do this on all 6 strings.

Happy harmonics!
(ps. Joe Satriani uses them very well - listen to his stuff)

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.