Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2003

Archive for posts from December, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

somuco

anyone heard of a Somuco Hawaiian guitar?

Digitech RP6 v/s Boss ME33

Please, I need good reasons to choice one of them.

parts for Gibson Falcon amp

Have Gibson falcon amp in need of repair. I need a tube socket and tube, and I would like to order parts through mail order. Any suggestions on reputable dealer(s). Any help appreciated much.Thank You
Happy Holiday
Jack

Gibson Amp

If you need replacement tubes, sometimes old Ma & Pa Tv/ Repair shops still have them in stock (I bought all their stock of "old new stock" for my Gibson Falcon. I remember an old family pharmacy having a case full of tubes for home repairs, but it would be a longshot at best. Lastly, you might call Gibson themselves; 40 years later, they re-fretted my fathers 1959 ES-330 free of charge (they even had it home delivered!). Hopes this helps.

guitar help

I'm learning guitar but i have to teach myself. I want to just learn everything instead of just finding tabs and playing them cuz that would be kinda hard everytime i got a new song. does any1 have ne suggestions for help or what i should do to learn? please email me ASAP

Re: guitar help

Pick up a good Guitar method. My favorite is Alfred's Guitar method. $6-&7/book, more for one with a CD. There's 6 in the series. You learn on string at a time to flat pick then progress to chords in the second book. Good learning!

k i need help

k anyways.. im learning electric guitar and i went to search guitar tabs...and there were the strings.... but there was numbers on the fret but i have no clue

St.Laurent etude guitars

St.Laurent etude guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : St.Laurent etude guitars

Amp buzzing at C#

Hi everyone,

I have a fender champ 12 amp that cracks up when C# note on the six string 9 fret.
It sound like the 6L6 tube or something in the amp is vibrating at that note.
Is there anything I can do about it.
The only thing that I can do about it at the moment is maybe kick it, or hit the top of the amp a few times and it might go away.
If anyone have any suggestions please let me know.
Thanks.

David

Re: Amp buzzing at C#

tighten everything down, if the tube is vibrating in the socket you can try to tighten/squeeze the metal 'clips' in the tube socket closer together to hold it in tighter, and use a noconductive screwdriver if you try it.

: Hi everyone,

: I have a fender champ 12 amp that cracks up when C# note on the six string 9 fret.
: It sound like the 6L6 tube or something in the amp is vibrating at that note.
: Is there anything I can do about it.
: The only thing that I can do about it at the moment is maybe kick it, or hit the top of the amp a few times and it might go away.
: If anyone have any suggestions please let me know.
: Thanks.

: David

HELP WITH GUITAR

I am looking to buy a new guitar and need some advice... I am interested in punk music and was wondering what guitar i could get that would be good to play this music... also can't be more than $1000.
THX FOR HELP

Re: HELP WITH GUITAR

Washburn Tour 24. Get one sued and pay no more than $500! The T24 is black with a red outline (some hav a white outline) and look cool. They sound real warm, bass toned. If you want treble instead of bass, get the Washburn G-54..... The bassy T24 is real heavy, I mean weight heavy. Punk Rock??? WOW is that back or did it ever go away???? I like to take my digital effect system and make trippy wicked sounds, sometimes letting the digital delay loop for 5 or ten minutes. When you turn its sensitivity real high, it starts sampling itself and sounding really strange!

: Washburn Tour 24. Get one sued and pay no more than $500! The T24 is black with a red outline (some hav a white outline) and look cool. They sound real warm, bass toned. If you want treble instead of bass, get the Washburn G-54..... The bassy T24 is real heavy, I mean weight heavy. Punk Rock??? WOW is that back or did it ever go away???? I like to take my digital effect system and make trippy wicked sounds, sometimes letting the digital delay loop for 5 or ten minutes. When you turn its sensitivity real high, it starts sampling itself and sounding really strange!

I agree, it's a nice piece of work. If you really want some spikey taditional-meets-grind kind of sound, I also suggest Gibson's Les Paul Junior Special Double Cutaway "Faded Series". The P-90's bite very hard, and slam an amp hard. Noisy, but really reacts to your attack.

I MEANT USED NOT "SUED" LOL

hey i'd say just buy a Fender Strat. You can get a sweet one off ebay for under 1000 easily. I'd recommend getting an American strat just cause I think they are built better and more powerful- they are the most versatile guitars, so you can't go wrong.

plz help my guitar

my pickup on my ibanez s series has sunken down to one side. how do you fix thi prob. reply back plz.
regards danny c

Re: plz help my guitar

the pickups are held in position with screws at either end. if you turn the screw too much one way, the pickup can fall in the cavity.
the way to fix it is to open it up, and you'll see how the pickups attach in there to the screws. then find the screw if its off, put it on the way it should be. usually there is a tiny spring in between the pickup and the bezel(plastic that holds the pickup in place), it goes round the screw, to give it a little bit of tension.

its not as hard as it sounds, really.

:
: my pickup on my ibanez s series has sunken down to one side. how do you fix thi prob. reply back plz.
: regards danny c

fender strats are nice. so are others. you didnt mention if you play guitar or not.
if you're just starting out, get something semi decent but dont blow alot of money on it.
anyway there are lot of nice guitars out there. new or used. most guitars are under a thousand dollars.
If you play at all, even two chords, dont be shy, go out to stores and try them out. read the broshures. check out the websites.
Make sure it has an adjustable steel reinforced neck.
if you want one that will last, and be worth something over time, or want one you might wish to resell and have it retain most of its value, or increase in value, stick with the major brand names.

Strats tend to sound brighter and thinner than say, a les paul or sg. because they have humbucker pickups on the gibsons usually. but some of the fenders have humbuckers too.
strats have all sorts of sizes and shapes of necks on them. i think there's a dozen different radiuses and styles, so remember they arent all exactly the same, even if they look like they might be.

and remember the amplifiers are also a major part of what kind of sounds you will get. they dont simply amplify.

: I am looking to buy a new guitar and need some advice... I am interested in punk music and was wondering what guitar i could get that would be good to play this music... also can't be more than $1000.
: THX FOR HELP

pls download kal ho naa ho songs

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee download kal ho naa ho songs

: pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mail the songs of kal ho na ho on my email address
omertahirchaudhary@hotmail.com

Re: pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee download kal ho naa ho songs

: : pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mail the songs of kal ho na ho on my email address
: omertahirchaudhary@hotmail.com

Re: rhfghfghfghfhdownload kal ho naa ho songs

: : : pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mail the songs of kal ho na ho on my email address
: : omertahirchaudhary@hotmail.com

: : ahmadali1238@hotmail.com

: : shygirltripti@yahoo.co.in

: : : pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee download the songs of kal ho na ho on my email address
: : anoop,anoop_raghavan2000@yahoo.co.in

: : pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee download all the songsof kal ho na ho on my email address shwethaacharya49@hotmail.com

: :sumeet_anand1985@hotmail.com

Downloading KHNH's Songs.

Please send those songs in this address in free rate.

Re: please download kal ho naa ho songs

: : please mail the songs of kal ho na ho on my email address

: nilabja9@yahoo.co.in

Re: pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee download all kal ho naa ho songs

:rehan_kamil1@yahoo.com

Re: pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee download all kal ho naa ho songs

: : : : pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee mail the songs of kal ho na ho on my email address
: :asiya_abid2003@yahoo.com

Re: pls download kal ho naa ho songs

: pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

i love the film

Kal Ho Naa Ho songs are Absolutely Fantastic Guys and Gals, Download it and Enjoy it, TIME TO DANCE PEOPLE, coz ITS THE TIME TO DISCO!!!!!!!

: pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

: : pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! i am thnk u to send this song to me

Eve of the war

Could anyone give me a link to a site with guitar tab for EVE OF THE WAR from WAR OF THE WORLDS!!! I hear ALCHEMIST do a version!! Thanx

TSL100 SETTINGS

Anyone suggest any good settings for a heavy but clear sound on a TSL100!!! Sort of a hardcore sound!!!

Re: TSL100 SETTINGS

: Anyone suggest any good settings for a heavy but clear sound on a TSL100!!! Sort of a hardcore sound!!!

I'm kind of interested too man. I work in a music store and it seems to me that the TSL's are a really loose in the bass department. I find that DSL's, particularly the DSL50 really grinds. A good "a;; purpose" head. Maybe try one out?

Re: TSL100 SETTINGS

: : Anyone suggest any good settings for a heavy but clear sound on a TSL100!!! Sort of a hardcore sound!!!

: I'm kind of interested too man. I work in a music store and it seems to me that the TSL's are a really loose in the bass department. I find that DSL's, particularly the DSL50 really grinds. A good "a;; purpose" head. Maybe try one out?

Crunch channel.
Everything on 10.
That's what a Marshall is meant to sound like.
You may need to roll back the bass control to match the cabinet and room. Roll back the mids a bit for a more modern sound.
Use the crunch channel for rhythem and fills and the lead channel for lead. Don't try to play rhythem on the lead channel. It doen's like chords.

i need crack file

please send me a crack file of guitar-pro4.o

Wiring Diagram for single coil pickups

I am building a guitar myself and am just about to the point of wiring it. I have 3 lace sensor pickups and I want 3 volume controls (one for each pickup), 1 tone control for all of them. I also want to use a 5-way switch so I can blend between the pickups using sound. Does anyone know where I could find a wiring diagram for this? How much different is a Gibson wiring diagram for this (besides the 3-way switch obviously)? I would appreciate any information that I can get. Thanks.
Rick

tony

I like the manual korg AX100G in spanish

I will do anything for a testament tab book

hey I have looked everywhere and I cant find a testament tab book I would do anything and pay anything for a tab book from testament

Changing strings.

I just bought my first electric guitar. It's a Samick Malibu MB 3. I guess I got it because it was cheap. Anyway, I was trying to tune it today and I went to tight and the string snapped (it even 'whipped' my hand). It's the string at the bottom. Now I can't figure out how to change the string.

Re: Changing strings.

Do you know what kind of bridge you have? Or can you describe it?

Re: Changing strings.

your best bet is to go to the nearest music store and have them put on a new set of strings for you. when you break one string, its usually good to change the whole set. sets are only like 5 bucks. have them show you how to put it on and you'll be good to go.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.