Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2003

Archive for posts from December, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Yamaki 6-string folk steel-string guitar

Model 1971
Price now?

Midi foot controller

Hi, I'm selling a Yamaha MFC-1 midi foot controller in excellent condition with manual and adaptor. Perfect for any guitar effects processor that is midi controllable. If anyone interested please email me.

LET's All Voice Our Disapproval!

I am very concerned with issues which could turn into potential environmental disasters. Always have been.... Right now, I am extremely concerned about a Canadian Company, preparing to build a dam, right through a part of the rainforest... where several species of birds, plants and animals, are going to be destroyed. Another habitat, is about to become unfit and once more, many wonderful species of all kinds, God's creatures, will be destroyed..... I believe it is imperative that caring people all over the world voice an opinion, about yet, another potential disaster. Please take time to think about this and send a message here. I would like to get opinions from those of you who are just as concerned as me. I shudder each time I think about such a treasure, as is the rainforest, being desecrated. Let's see how many of us are as concerned...... I am certain mzny of you are... Looking forward to reading your opinions..... Lucie

Re: LET's All Voice Our Disapproval!

human progress will be the end of us all. listen to a devo album.

: I am very concerned with issues which could turn into potential environmental disasters. Always have been.... Right now, I am extremely concerned about a Canadian Company, preparing to build a dam, right through a part of the rainforest... where several species of birds, plants and animals, are going to be destroyed. Another habitat, is about to become unfit and once more, many wonderful species of all kinds, God's creatures, will be destroyed..... I believe it is imperative that caring people all over the world voice an opinion, about yet, another potential disaster. Please take time to think about this and send a message here. I would like to get opinions from those of you who are just as concerned as me. I shudder each time I think about such a treasure, as is the rainforest, being desecrated. Let's see how many of us are as concerned...... I am certain mzny of you are... Looking forward to reading your opinions..... Lucie

blah blah blah

this is a fucking guitar disscussion place you dumb mother fucker not some fucking hippie shit

dumbass

: I am very concerned with issues which could turn into potential environmental disasters. Always have been.... Right now, I am extremely concerned about a Canadian Company, preparing to build a dam, right through a part of the rainforest... where several species of birds, plants and animals, are going to be destroyed. Another habitat, is about to become unfit and once more, many wonderful species of all kinds, God's creatures, will be destroyed..... I believe it is imperative that caring people all over the world voice an opinion, about yet, another potential disaster. Please take time to think about this and send a message here. I would like to get opinions from those of you who are just as concerned as me. I shudder each time I think about such a treasure, as is the rainforest, being desecrated. Let's see how many of us are as concerned...... I am certain mzny of you are... Looking forward to reading your opinions..... Lucie

<fart>.........aaahahahahah !!!!!!

((( fart ))) .........aaahahahahah !!!!!!

I think there are some people around here who need to calm down and take a chill pill! If a guy wants to make a comment about something, and you don't like it, ignore it!

You don't have to abuse the guy because he is concerned about the planet. If more of us took an interest in green issues, the world would probably be in a better state than it is right now.

Raising awareness of these issues is probably the most important aspect of changing opinion and affecting change, and why not do it in a guitar discussion website? If this is the only place you visit (and i'm sure that's probably true for a few of you) how else would you find out about these things?

Love thy neighbour!
(and no, i'm not a hippy - i'm a chef. But it costs nothing to be nice to people - unless they sleep with your wife, that is. You can call them what you like!)

okay

FIGHT THE INJUSTICE THAT IS GUITAR.COM AND THE RACISM AND HATE THAT IS THE MISCELLANEOUS FORUM.

ANY BLACKS,JEWS,CHRISTIANS,WOMEN ETC. SHOULD GO THERE AND COMBAT THEIR HATE IMMEDIATELY.

Alvarez Guitar

I have an opp. to buy an Alvarez DY 89 (I believe 1987).
Decent condition.
I'd like to know what it's worth by itself...
then...
w/ an installed Fishman Acoustic Matrix Natural mic
and an SKB hard case.

Is there a place on the net to lookup values of guitars, and perhaps original selling prices as well in their initial year?

Thanks

Re: Alvarez Guitar

: Ya, about $300 but go on Ebay and check out what they are selling for. That's the "real" value, what someone out of 500 or so lookers will pay.
www.ebay.com

: I have an opp. to buy an Alvarez DY 89 (I believe 1987).
: Decent condition.
: I'd like to know what it's worth by itself...
: then...
: w/ an installed Fishman Acoustic Matrix Natural mic
: and an SKB hard case.

: Is there a place on the net to lookup values of guitars, and perhaps original selling prices as well in their initial year?

: Thanks

Re: Alvarez Guitar

I was in a dealer's shop just today (12/23/03) looking at a used (1-year old) Alvarez MD-90 with installed Fishman pickup. Dealer's price was $700 with case. It sounds great; I will try to talk him down a bit but will buy it anyway if he won't budge off the price.

: I have an opp. to buy an Alvarez DY 89 (I believe 1987).
: Decent condition.
: I'd like to know what it's worth by itself...
: then...
: w/ an installed Fishman Acoustic Matrix Natural mic
: and an SKB hard case.

: Is there a place on the net to lookup values of guitars, and perhaps original selling prices as well in their initial year?

: Thanks

Dating my Guild D-50

I've been on numerous websites and can't identify the age of my Guild D-50.

The tag on the inside of the guitar says it was made in Rhode Island.

The Model No. is D50NT
The SN is 203171 which is also on the headstock.
My guess was that it was a 1979, but I don't think they used model numbers back then. Also, what does NT stand for?

Casio digital guitar DG20

I need the manual for a digital guitar which I just bought used. Also a/c adaptor and case if available!

Re: Casio digital guitar DG20

I have Casio digital guitar DG20 too.
Contact to me, Please.
Quick, ceo@pthl.net

: I need the manual for a digital guitar which I just bought used. Also a/c adaptor and case if available!

Re: Casio digital guitar DG20

Hi Linda, do you have the manual ? Can you send me the same ?
Thank you !!!
:
: I need the manual for a digital guitar which I just bought used. Also a/c adaptor and case if available!

Baldwin 12 string semi hollow body [sim to 335 gibson]

This guitar has a broken tuner. Any ideas regarding replacement parts?

Tele Pickups.

Hi,

I'm building a custom thinline tele and was wodnering if anyone had any thoughts about the Lindy Fralins or Kinman pickups. Any preference? Pros or Cons? Some oher pickup I'm missing? Thanks!

Re: Tele Pickups.

Both are good, you have to decide on the tone you want yerself, check out Bill Lawerence pups too, just as good or better an alot cheaper.

: Hi,

: I'm building a custom thinline tele and was wodnering if anyone had any thoughts about the Lindy Fralins or Kinman pickups. Any preference? Pros or Cons? Some oher pickup I'm missing? Thanks!

epi small scale acoustic

i just bought an epiphone small body: has "epi" on headstock. the model # is A-12. serial number is 580409. it has a natural finish. wondering: what year & how much it might be worth.
thanx.

1983 fender tremolo arm

can anyone tell me where to get a 1983 fender "snap in" or elite tremoml arm? Is it possible? thanx.

Re: 1983 fender tremolo arm

: can anyone tell me where to get a 1983 fender "snap in" or elite tremoml arm? Is it possible? thanx.

Hi I also have lost the snap in tremolo arm. Is there anybody out there can help. Thanks Pete

Degas guitar

A friend of mine purchased a Degas guitar a bit back with quite a bit of enthusiasm. However, when I recently took it into a music shop to get it professionally re-strung, I was told that it was an inexpensive, somewhat poor quality guitar. Any comment? Was this person correct or was it simply a biased opinion?

Lyle C-640 clasical guitar

I can't find any information on this recent purchase. Does anyone know anything about this model?

How much is my fender jazzmaster made in 1957 worth

Hello, I need advice about how much my fender jazzmaster, all original stock, with the serial # of 164454 might be worth. I would appreciate any help.
Sherry

Re: How much is my fender jazzmaster made in 1957 worth

Check ebay thats about the going rate tho in my mind its a little high . theres lots of depending factors in value take it too an appraiser and get it checked out they should be honest. don't let anybody try and tell you its worth nothing tho its not as much as a strat is worth its still valuable tho value is different to most people .. or you can sell it too me for a 200 buck s?
just joking

good luck

: Hello, I need advice about how much my fender jazzmaster, all original stock, with the serial # of 164454 might be worth. I would appreciate any help.
: Sherry

hey sherry; if its in good shape and from '57. it's worth holding onto. it should go for alot now but waiting would be good find collectors - they will want it bad, and will pay. cheers

: Hello, I need advice about how much my fender jazzmaster, all original stock, with the serial # of 164454 might be worth. I would appreciate any help.

hello, fender didn't start making the jazzmaster model until 1958. if there are no letters (CP, LN etc.) before your serial number, your guitar was made in '67. letters could mean a reissue. type in 'fender serial number dating' into Google and have a look around; there's lots of info about jazzmasters out there. cheers.

: : Hello, I need advice about how much my fender jazzmaster, all original stock, with the serial # of 164454 might be worth. I would appreciate any help.
: : Sherry

..looks like it was made in '66 or 67....after leo fender sold the company to CBS...although it could still have some pre-CBS parts..(I have a '72 custom telecaster that likely has some pre-CBS parts..:))..

..how much is it worth??....find the right collector, and it's worth alot..:)...but seriously, maybe 800-1200 bucks depending on condition/lineage, etc..

: : Hello, I need advice about how much my fender jazzmaster, all original stock, with the serial # of 164454 might be worth. I would appreciate any help.
: : Sherry
Are you interested in selling the guitar? I am seeking one for my husband,

Pamela

..here's a link to an e-bay auction....for a '65 guitar, no case..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2580300258&category=33039

your guitar is from 1967 from the serial number.

JAGIT SINGH GHZALS

KINDLY SEND ME ALL MR. JAGIT SINGH GHAZALS

Re: JAGIT SINGH GHZALS

: KINDLY SEND ME ALL MR. JAGIT SINGH GHAZALS

what the hell is that supposed to mean you klingon?
i don't speak freaking klingonese goddamnit!!

did you all know this?

i joined this site becuase i actually thought i might get help or valuable information. and most of the crap i read is from stupid ass little punks who dont have anything better to do because there mommies still wipe their asses.by the way you people know who im talking about. for the rest of you im sorry.

join our band

hotsquad band is looking for a guitarist to play.if you are interested hit me up on my e-mail or at home. 202-583-7344 ask for bink. !!!!!!!!!!thank you!!!!!!!

Re: join our band

: hotsquad band is looking for a guitarist to play.if you are interested hit me up on my e-mail or at home. 202-583-7344 ask for bink. !!!!!!!!!!thank you!!!!!!!

you should name your band 'bink 182'......

Peavey Guitar Valve Amp (Triumph 60)Diagram

Hi.
Does anyone know here I can find a Diagram of an old Peavey Guitar Valve Amp (Triumph 60)?

I've got an old peavey guitar valve amplifier I stoped using a few years ago because after it warms
up it starts "singing like a syntethiser".
I took it to repair and they asked if I got the electonic diagram. I bougth the amp about 10 years ago and don't remember if It came with the diagram...
Thanks for help.

Moloko

jazz guitar amplifiers

now in my twilight years i do most of my guitar playing at home with cd player and pitch control. I wish to buy a new amp. which will fulfill my needs playing along to Joe Pass or Martin Taylor but also accompanying acoustic style jazz ie. Django and many other experts in Jazz Manouche. My current guitar is an Ebanez Jazz style full bodied with cutaways two magnetic pickups and volumne controls for each. I've studied guitar catalogues till i'm totally confused however i've narrowed it down to Marshall's amps. two models AVT150 combo and an AS100D 2x50w acoustic both in my budget of up to £500. Occasionaly i'll do a small local gig hence I do need a little power at my disposal - any help and advice will be most welcome.Thanks Doug Hepburn

Re: jazz guitar amplifiers

: now in my twilight years i do most of my guitar playing at home with cd player and pitch control. I wish to buy a new amp. which will fulfill my needs playing along to Joe Pass or Martin Taylor but also accompanying acoustic style jazz ie. Django and many other experts in Jazz Manouche. My current guitar is an Ebanez Jazz style full bodied with cutaways two magnetic pickups and volumne controls for each. I've studied guitar catalogues till i'm totally confused however i've narrowed it down to Marshall's amps. two models AVT150 combo and an AS100D 2x50w acoustic both in my budget of up to £500. Occasionaly i'll do a small local gig hence I do need a little power at my disposal - any help and advice will be most welcome.Thanks Doug Hepburn

Hallo,
I just need the same discussion. I'm hesitating about four months to buy a amp for my jazzguitar (gibson howard robberts ) and don't know what. Last week I discovered the as100d from Marshall. It sounds wonderful with a jazzguitar. I wonder if there are other jazzplayers with the same ideas. I think I'm gone buy him.

: : now in my twilight years i do most of my guitar playing at home with cd player and pitch control. I wish to buy a new amp. which will fulfill my needs playing along to Joe Pass or Martin Taylor but also accompanying acoustic style jazz ie. Django and many other experts in Jazz Manouche. My current guitar is an Ebanez Jazz style full bodied with cutaways two magnetic pickups and volumne controls for each. I've studied guitar catalogues till i'm totally confused however i've narrowed it down to Marshall's amps. two models AVT150 combo and an AS100D 2x50w acoustic both in my budget of up to £500. Occasionaly i'll do a small local gig hence I do need a little power at my disposal - any help and advice will be most welcome.Thanks Doug Hepburn

I am fortunate to own both the AVT150 & the AS100D. The AVT150 makes my Jazz guitar sounds awesome and I would recommend that for Jazz. I haven't tried the AS100D with it as its really for acoustic guitars and tends to give feed back on electric guitars. Personally I like Marshall amps

hey there . tho' i'm not a pro jazzer i know that one of the classic jazz amps is the 'roland jazz chorus' . it's a two speaker combo with chorus/vibrato/ reverb? can't quite remember as mine was stolen a year ago. anyway great amps; very clean, even at high volumes (solid state). the chorus sound on them can be heard in john scofeilds tone. it also has two inputs (mic? vocals)) and good control over the eq. tho' not a tube amp , still pretty warm sounding. these amps will easily work for gigs; miced or not. i bought mine for $300 canadian a few years ago so they're cheap. the problem is you have to find one. depending where you are this shouldn't be too hard (there was two side by side when i bought mine in b.c.). the amp is loud so if it's mostly for practicing it might be over kill; also it's pretty heavy! hope this helps-
i think the gypsy git sound came from the selmer guitars they all played close miced (percussive)

Re: jazz guitar amplifiers...MARSHALL???? WHY??

The key to these jazz guy's tone is the CLEAN SOUND! I'd look into a Roland JC-120 or 77,Fender Twin Reverb or an old kustom amp If I were going to play Jazz.

need wiring schematics for B.C.Rich Warlock

i have a b.c.rich warlock promo bronze series with one volume and one tone. it keeps buzzing when i touch the volume or tone. it makes a high pitched squeel when you turn the tone up can someon help me.

Re: need wiring schematics for B.C.Rich Warlock

: i have a b.c.rich warlock promo bronze series with one volume and one tone. it keeps buzzing when i touch the volume or tone. it makes a high pitched squeel when you turn the tone up can someon help me.
sounds like your ground wire came loose if not broken.open the back cover plate and you will notice if it is

painted

where can i get stripes painted on my fender strat

songs

give mi sonsg

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.