Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2003

Archive for posts from December, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Tremolo Bar

How the **** do you use this thing?

Re: Tremolo Bar

: How the **** do you use this thing?

you push on it or pull on it, and it changes the tension of the strings, so that it lowers or raises the pitches of the notes being played. or wavers the pitch, if you move it a little each way.

its one of those things you don't necessarily NEED to have, but if you have one, its nice to have sometimes.
takes practice to learn how to use it well.

to be honest, I dont really use mine much.

--dan

value of a guitar amp

how much is a G120CXL guitar amplifier worth canadien $

Mansfield F338D

Hi I'm looking for any info on the Mansfield F338D. This is a 60's vintage guitar that i bought in or around 1968. A beautiful guitar looking very similar to a Gibson dove.

Regards
Bob

Re: Mansfield F338D

: Hi I'm looking for any info on the Mansfield F338D. This is a 60's vintage guitar that i bought in or around 1968. A beautiful guitar looking very similar to a Gibson dove.

: Regards
: Bob

Bob,

I don't have that particular model, but I do have a W65D vintage Mansfield acoustic guitar. It is a copy of the Gibson Dove in exact detail. I think it was made in 1967. It is in excellent condition. My dad picked it up from a friend when I was 12 back in 1973 & I have had it since. It is a marvel to look at and play. I have pitted this up against some fine guitars but in reference to quality of sound, there is nothing I have seen to date that can compare to my Mansfield. It has a unique sound quality and could be easily mistaken for a Gibson Dove except that Mansfield is inscribed on the top verses Gibson.

I have been trying to find out more about my guitar, but no one seems to be able to assist me.
Any information you could provide would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick
E mail: prhynes@consultant.com

Re: Mansfield F338D

It is very difficult to get accurate information about mansfield guitars.
I have been searching about Mansfield guitars origin for quite a while and I recently found very interesting information about this guitar brand. Mansfield was a canadian musical instrument distributor (you will note that most Mansfield owners are in Canada). The Mansfield guitars are OEM made from different musical instruments manufacturers. Recently purchased Mansfield guitars have no special interest, but in the 1970's , the Mansfield guitars were builded by Hoshino Gakki (Japan), the Ibanez makers. If you have a 1970's Mansfield, chances are that it an Ibanez with a Mansfield name on it. The Ibanez vintage guitars are highly wanted.
You can search Ibanez vintage collector websites for more information about the Ibanez story and some information about mansfield. There is no doubt that those guitars are meant to become collector's items because they are apparently the same guitars as the Ibanez vintage 1970s, except for the brand. I will try to start a Mansfield Guitars post in one of the Ibanez collector's website in order to have their historical value recognized, and maybe create a database of the Hoshino made Mansfield models. Meanwhile, take very good care of your old Mansfield guitars!!!
I have a Mansfield FJH4 (Gibson Hummingbird copy Ibanez made)
I am posting this message on all the Mansfield Guitar discussions at guitarsite.com hoping it will answer some of the questions about this brand.
Bear

bradsguns

hi there,i've been trying to contact bradsguns@direcway.com without success.......could some kind soul tell him i've got a g-10v for sale......many thanks and a happy new year..jasper

dreadnought ra-100d

is the dreadnought ra-100d a good giutar for beginners?

How to put on a guitar strap.

How to put on a guitar strap.

This popular thread has been given its own page : How to put on a guitar strap.

trade yamaha DG60-112 for vox valvetronix

looking to trade a great sounding yamaha DG60-112 for vox valvetronix

finding a guitar for myself

hi, I've been looking everywhere for a nice acoustic guitar thats between 200-400 and I've search everywhere but can't find any. any suggestions ?

69 time machine relic, custom shop s/n

I am purchasing a custom shop time machine 69 relic with the large head stock. It is a 3 tone burst. There is a serial number on the back plate cn703xxx, can anyone tell me if this number makes any sense? what is cn? Thanks

price on this guitar

okay, i found this pretty good guitar on ebay and it cost 400 bucks and it retails for 500, i want to find out how much it is really cost, it is a Takamine Jasmine ES-31C Cutaway with Takamine Dreadnought body size, built in pickup and electronic system, and cutaway neck access, Nato Mahogany back and sides with a laminate Sitka Spruce top. thanks

Re: price on this guitar

I also want to know whats the retail price for this guitar, it is a Ovation Applause Acoustic/Electric Guitar AE28 with these specs : Body- Super Shallow
Top- Spruce
Scale Length- 25 1/4"
Nut Width- 1 11/16"
Frets- 20
Preamp- DJ-2

ka ho naa ho songs download

Re: ka ho naa ho songs download

hi

nothing

nice songs

TAB TAB TAB!!!

I NEED TAB FOR EVE OF THE WAR FROM WAR OF THE WORLDS !!!! HELP!!!

Starfield Guitars

Yes, Jap ones are great, i have a SJ Classic in sunburst with a flame maple finger board and head stock. It is fitted with a Wilkinson trem yet it is not the US model. Steer clear of the SJ Classic 11 as this was the cheap base model and was not Jap made. Martin Booth (guitar tech)has some history on these guitars as he checked them over before delivery to dealers.The Starfield range never quite made it due to i guess the pointy head stock. With a scale length between a Gibson and a Fender made it very user friendly. If you require more info, e-male me. Peter.

good site for tab's and info

Mxtabs.net has helpful information and stuff on harmonic's, its just a good place to look at .
-victor

Samick SK5

Samick SK5

This popular thread has been given its own page : Samick SK5

EZ Pay???

Anyone know of any online guitar supplies who have ez pay programs similar to americanmusical.com?

tosca

I have a small 3/4 copper color. anyone know what i have. Tosca on head.

custom settings for roland boss gt6

help.i am trying to find sounds ranging from satch to gilmour; zeppelin to sabbath. i dont have the time to play with all these knobs. for the love of god please help me , im ready to play .

Re: custom settings for roland boss gt6

IM TRYING TO FIND A SOUND ANYWHERE FROM THE CURE TO SMASHING PUMKINS TO INTERPOL. IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYTHING TO RECOMEND AS FAR AS SETTINGS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS

custom settings roland boss gt6

I need help finding a guitar's age!

My father had purchased a Supro slide guitar at a yard sale and we were trying to fiqure out the year and what the guitar is approx. worth! the serial number is #x94364. Thanx for your help!

Re: I need help finding a guitar's age!

i have i beleive a 1976 d 28 martin guitar number 380751 can you tell me if this is the year? george

Harmony Holloywood

Help: I have a harmony hollywood , stamped inside is the following : 1820H39
would like to know ,year and when it was made , or anything about this good looking guitar .

Re: Harmony Holloywood

: Help: I have a harmony hollywood , stamped inside is the following : 1820H39
: would like to know ,year and when it was made , or anything about this good looking guitar .

There should be another stamp that you can see under one of the F holes. It should have something like H71F meaning it was made in the fall of 1971. The numbers you gave are just production and model numbers. You may also find a date on the bottom of the pickguard. Your guitar no matter what year it is is worth about $100 in good condition. Go to my web site
www.comparethevalue.com and click on Harmony guitars. Follow the links to learn more about your guitar...
Bill

Re: Harmony Holloywood

oh by the way, check out this site, if you like harmony guitars. they have all sorta info there on all the guitars.

http://www.broadwaymusicco.com/HARMONY.htm

--dan

: : Help: I have a harmony hollywood , stamped inside is the following : 1820H39
: : would like to know ,year and when it was made , or anything about this good looking guitar .

: There should be another stamp that you can see under one of the F holes. It should have something like H71F meaning it was made in the fall of 1971. The numbers you gave are just production and model numbers. You may also find a date on the bottom of the pickguard. Your guitar no matter what year it is is worth about $100 in good condition. Go to my web site
: www.comparethevalue.com and click on Harmony guitars. Follow the links to learn more about your guitar...
: Bill

effects loop

Hello. Does anyone know the difference between running your effects through the effects loop on the back of an amp, verses running them strait from your guitar to the input on the amp? Is one of these better than the other??

Re: effects loop

Usually the effects loop is using the the 'pre master volume line signal' to add the effects to as opposed to adding the effects to the low level guitar input signal.

Normally I would put the mod effects (chorus,phazer,delay) in the loop if you want to use the amp's dirty chan.This way you will have od BEFORE modulation, this way it sounds much better and also have QUIETER operation. Effects like compression I usually want to only effect the guitar signal before amplification so I put it in front.

I might add that virtually all of the classic FX tones people are used to hearing were all with the FX running in front of the amp. Virtually no amp prior to the 80's had an FX loop and almost all the stomp boxes out there are designed, impedance & signal strength-wise, to be run in front of an amp; some older FX loops will overdrive and potentially destroy stuff that isn't designed to handle such a hot signal.

: Hello. Does anyone know the difference between running your effects through the effects loop on the back of an amp, verses running them strait from your guitar to the input on the amp? Is one of these better than the other??

Re: effects loop

: Hello. Does anyone know the difference between running your effects through the effects loop on the back of an amp, verses running them strait from your guitar to the input on the amp? Is one of these better than the other??

Yes they are different. It first depends on the effects. If you have stomp pedals, then run them from the guitar in the order that sounds best to you. If you have rack effects, then you need a bradshaw unit. Back of the amp isn't all that great. Bradshaw from custom audio electronics has a RS10 that controls a line mixer for rack stuff. That's the answer. Call him.

Johnson amplification

Hello. Does anyone know of a place were they still sell Johnson amplification products? i am in search for the JM120 or the Millenium. Thanks.

want to buy guitar

looking for full size 6 string yamaki

Re: want to buy guitar

yo i got a badass yamaki six string in my basement, I'll give it to you for free e-mail me at fakeemailaddress@you'resuchasucker.com

Takamine EG330R Japanese 70's guitar info

Just picked this baby up, like brand new condition with the older Takanine(Martin style)logo.
It is pretty much a standard dreadnought style with two knobs and inbuilt pick up. Just wanted to contact someone that may have a bit of info on these guitars, can't seemed to find a damn thing on the net ?
Hope u can help, many thanks, Craig

Fans of REAL ROCK, READ THIS

Are there any teens out there that can appreciate REAL musik these dayz? Im talking about Black Sabbath Deep Purple Led Zeppelin Pink Floyd....but not just that! Newer bands aswell, like Pearl Jam and Nirvana and my own personal favourite: The Red Hot Chili Peppers. I need to hear from my OWN KIND im sick of punk %@$&...i need to have an intelligent conversation with anyone who is like me, and talking to a girl that likes this musik would be a pleasent surprise, any wayz, email me if u got a brain: seane_p@hotmail.com

Re: Fans of REAL ROCK, READ THIS

dude,thats jus my stuff!im a sucker 4 classic, psychedelic,progressive,indie,everythin.n i like the new alternative stuff as well.also dig jazz n blues.floyds ma fave.hate linkin park.

Goya GS 50 Guitar

Could someone please send me some info about this guitar :Goya GS 50. I can't find much about it on the internet.
Please send any info in to my email. Very very much appreciated.

Re: Goya GS 50 Guitar

One more thing, it's guitar on the left on this page: http://goyaguitars.tripod.com/catalog80_6.htm

But that is all I could find. It's from 1970 and I just bought it. I would like to know if someone knows more about history and so... any information is appreciated... thanks

Goya gs-50

Hi did u find some infos on the gs 150 i
If so please send me some specs thanks
marie

Guitar Decals

Any Strat or Tele decals can be ordered...
Contact me with your decal needs
barbu@comhem.se

Tanks and Happy New Year to all of You!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.