Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2003

Archive for posts from December, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: 'Lick of the Week' mailing list newsletter.

www.jazzguitar.tk is now http://www.jazzguitar.be.
Visit the site to subscribe to the newsletter.

Samick Greg Bennett (sp) SJ-14 Acostic Guitar

What do you guys think of this guitar? Is it worth $359?

Re: Samick Greg Bennett (sp) SJ-14 Acostic Guitar

NO
it may look good and sound decent but for the money i believe you could get a nicer guitar. Look for one with a more popular name. Personally, when i buy a guitar ( new or used) i always think of the resale value. as soon as you walk out the door of the store your $359 Samick would not bring $200 on the street.
One day you will want something different and probably need to sell this one...

Washburn guitars

I am looking to buy a new guitar and tried out a beautiful Washburn Accoustic Guitar.
Am looking for some words of wisdom.
Does anyone like them?
Find them a good value for the money? ($400.00)
What should I look for when choosing a guitar?
Other than the Washburn - which was a juinor jumbo- what other brands do people recommend?

Re: Washburn guitars

: I am looking to buy a new guitar and tried out a beautiful Washburn Accoustic Guitar.
: Am looking for some words of wisdom.
: Does anyone like them?
: Find them a good value for the money? ($400.00)
: What should I look for when choosing a guitar?
: Other than the Washburn - which was a juinor jumbo- what other brands do people recommend?

the best acoustic i have ever played is an ovation.and you can get a nice celebrety cutaway from 300-600$ what you look for is how it feels to you and your playing stlyle i like the ovation because it is not a thick body guitar and is very comfortable to play sitting or standing. i hope this helps you.

Re: Washburn guitars

: I am looking to buy a new guitar and tried out a beautiful Washburn Accoustic Guitar.
: Am looking for some words of wisdom.
: Does anyone like them?
: Find them a good value for the money? ($400.00)
: What should I look for when choosing a guitar?
: Other than the Washburn - which was a juinor jumbo- what other brands do people recommend?

I gotta say, I'd buck up a few extra dollars and get a Taylor Big Baby, or if you're even more patient, the Taylor 110...they are both far superior guitars and you will not be disappointed in the slightest...and this is coming from one of washburn's biggest fans.

installation of clapton electronics/hot vintage beck'squier2

i need some assistance

any body use a ebow

hey any body know any thing about ebows
is it any good
how dose is work on acoustic guitars
THANKS Raphael

Pink Floyd fucking amazing

WHat the hell are you talking about Pink Floyd is not boring, they have some of the most thought provoking lyrics ever, and everyone of there cds is amazing, DSOTM was at the top of the charts all through the 70's and 80's , and it's still in the top 100 biggest selling cd's... Alright DICK

Vox Custom 24

I have a Vox Custom 24 & I would like to get some kind of an idea of what it is worth. It is a neck through body. I've had it myself for about 18 years.

i need an interview please help

i need a paid guitarist to interview for school. please email me if you are one and dont mind me asking you some questions. my email address is blkilshz@hotmail.com thanks. luv julz.

Re: i need an interview please help

never mind i found someone. thanks anyway.

Ani anyone?!?!?!

please i'm looking for the guitar tab for an Ani DiFranco song so if you have it it's called "Tis of Thee" please email me and let me know! i would reeeeeeally apreciate it
~*~lora~*~

L6S gibson

wanted to know about my guitar not sure about the serial number were is it? i have 70758554

HELP PLEASE

hi, im a guitar beginner. im into metal , bands like savatage. i recently got a bc rich beast guitar, platinum series, i know its not the best choice for a beginner (or a pro), but would u say its a bad one? and what amp should i get? thanks

War of the worlds

Need to get tab for eve of the war, the first track on war of the worlds!!! HELP

Re: War of the worlds

aussie band alchemist play a bitchin version of it.

: Need to get tab for eve of the war, the first track on war of the worlds!!! HELP

'George' available

'George' type in Wisconsin looking for fellow Beatle geeks to form group. Also keys/sequencing, etc. Lots of high-paying gigs await!

the guitar

Im doing a report on the guitar for school because I am in love with it I have a talkamine its cool im really good but there is just not enoungh info on the invention please help if you can piece out

Marshall 5210 combo

I am trying to date my Marshall.
All the sites I have visited show an extra letter in the number I dont have.
The amp is a Marshall 5210 solid state combo 50 watt
with 1x12.
The serial number is on the front panel and just under
the power switch.
The number is S 03317
There are no other numbers or letters.
Can anyone date this amp?
Thanks
Richard in Paris,Tx.
Email me at RicoZman@cox-internet.com

Squire Tele

Hi , i m buying my first Guitar , im looking for a Squire Tele (jap) because this is cheap in Peru.
Im try to make some Pearl Jam covers , and my question is if this guitar is good for this.

Thanks

Sorry about me English....
= )

p.d
the price is 200 USD

Marshall 5210 combo

I am trying to date my Marshall.
All the sites I have visited show an extra letter in the number I dont have.
The amp is a Marshall 5210 solid state combo 50 watt
with 1x12.
The serial number is on the front panel and just under
the power switch.
The number is S 03317
There are no other numbers or letters.
Can anyone date this amp?
Thanks
Richard in Paris,Tx.
Email me at RicoZman@cox-internet.com

Marshall 5210 pre 1990

I forgot to mention in my request for a mfg date
on Marshall 5210 serial number S 03317.
The amp was purchased used in 1990.
Thanks again
Richard in Paris,Tx.

Re: Marshall 5210 pre 1990

The manufacturing date on mine was written on a sticker inside the amp (I think most were made '82-'85). Just unscrew the four screws on the top of the amp, and slide the amp out of the cabinet enough to see the sticker on the inside of the back of the amp case.

VENDO GUITARRA WESTONE

VENDO GUITARRA WESTONE ROJA Y MUY NUEVA, INTERESADOS 610436778

Gibson Guitar J45

My guitar has a serial number that appears to be U 8664 7. I have been told it was manufactured in 1957. Is this correct. Thanks so much. CV

Re: Gibson Guitar J45

I have two Gibsons One is a J45. serial#81070016 The other is a Country Western Model,serial#365182

I would like to know how old they are and a rough value Thank you Tom Cairns

guitar players are the gayest but bangers that i have ever seen

guitar players are the stupidest people that i have ever seen they think that they are cool and stuff but i heard that most of them are actually but bangers so if you ever talk to one just waslk away.

RAP IS THE COOLEST

Re: guitar players are the gayest but bangers that i have ever seen

Hey next time before you waste space with your retarded post, think of someting funny dumbass

Country Style Guitar Lessons

Hi, if you are interested in Country style guitar, go to www.guitartricks.com under terry couch, i have over 200 riffs to listen to and i also have 2 instructional videos with tabs if you are serious about learning, come over and check it out

Re: Country Style Guitar Lessons

: Hi, if you are interested in Country style guitar, go to www.gu<a href='http://www.young-preteens.com'>i</a>tartricks.com under terry couch, i have over 200 riffs to listen to and i also have 2 instructional videos with tabs if you are serious about learning, come over and check it out

EPIPHONE LES PAUL GOLD TOP

I have bought my boyfriend an epiphone gold top for christmas. Looking for views and advise on it really. What do you think?

Re: EPIPHONE LES PAUL GOLD TOP

epi's are ok, will need some new pups and tuners and then it'll be better than 'ok'.

: I have bought my boyfriend an epiphone gold top for christmas. Looking for views and advise on it really. What do you think?

Re: EPIPHONE LES PAUL GOLD TOP

I've just purchased this guitar from a store in sydney where i live. I mainly use PRS guitars, and for the price you pay for an epiphone, the Gold top is an awsome guitar. i agree with the changing of the tuners, but other than that, it looks and sounds great. So GOOD CHOICE in guitars champ.

Gibson Tom Delonge Guitar?

In some of the new blink-182 material, Tom Delonge plays what appears to be a modified Gibson ES-335. Now that his deal with Fender is up, does he have a new signature model with Gibson? If so, what's it called? Or is it just a custom made model?

Thanx

Re: Gibson Tom Delonge Guitar?

its costom made.....

: its costom made.....

http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/classic/tomdelonge.html

Tom DeLonge does have a new signature ES-336 Modified Gibson, Due for general release in the UK in January priced around £2400, if you need anymore information closer to the time, check out my companys website at www.big-rock.com

: Tom DeLonge does have a new signature ES-333 (apologies) Modified Gibson, Due for general release in the UK in January priced around £2400, if you need anymore information closer to the time, check out my companys website at www.big-rock.com

its not custom made because it is on the normal site not the custom site for gibson

Tom's new guitar (as seen on the Feeling This clip) is a Gibson Classic Tom Delonge Signature. It can be seen on the Gibson website www.gibson.com

This guitar costs 3462$. It's too expensive for customers which are between 15 and 25...
Gibson made a very very bad commercial operation like all the increase of its prices whithout any change on the quality of products...
It is a little scandalous like Fender USA prices...

gibson is not selling a tom signature

: In some of the new blink-182 material, Tom Delonge plays what appears to be a modified Gibson ES-335. Now that his deal with Fender is up, does he have a new signature model with Gibson? If so, what's it called? Or is it just a custom made model?

: Thanx

mary moo cow

tom has a new guitar

yes he does have a signiture gibson. it looks like the one in the fellin this video.

part needed

I just need a Yamaha Whamee bar for around ten bucks or so.

NR MINT 1968 fender bronco

seems good things happen to good people. i've come upon a Fender Bronco that probably hasn't been used in 25+ years, WITH ORIGINAL SALES TAG (1967 print) and original tremolo bar. ser # 214518. red, with case. i cleaned it up a little, the bridge shines like new. $460, located in chicago, anyone interested? i simply don't need it, want the money for studio monitors.
email me at Harlanpepper77@yahoo.com --scott

Randall RG 170 ES reverb problem-HELP!

Randall RG 170 ES reverb problem-HELP!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Randall RG 170 ES reverb problem-HELP!

Colin James - Atlanta Moan Tabs

looking for tabs for Atlanta Moan - Any help appreciated.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.