Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - December, 2003

Archive for posts from December, 2003

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Shiro acoustic consert guitar

I got one SR 10 about thirteen years ago. Never seen for sale here in Finland since, even it has the most beautiful sound. Who knows about Shiro acoustic classic models/prices.

Re: Shiro acoustic consert guitar

I have a Shiro ES175 archtop which is a copy of a Gibson ES175 - haven't been able to find info about this company, though they may be an early division of Aria a.k.a. Aria-Pro (Shiro-Aria started in the early 60's prior). I was told that my guitar was a lawsuit model and Shiro was forced to discontinue production since it was too exact a copy. I don't know any more about the company or any of their other guitars - wish I could find them in a bluebook somewhere just so I could get some history. Good luck with your search.

gibson les paul

why is it that some les paul standard's have an empty tag on the head, and some of them have a tag written 'Standard'. Is there a difference between those guitars ?

..91 heritage reissue??..flying v..

..howdy, I'm trying to identify a serial number for a heritage flying v (gold hardware/straight line pots/string thru body/57 classic pick-ups etc)..

..I've been told the serial number is : U98041047, which makes no sense to me..

..804th day of the year??...odd....could anyone help me with understanding how gibson numbers the heritage reissue guitars??..

..PLEASE e-mail me a response as well, if possible!..

..many thanks..

..jim..

Fender super six reverb

Does anyone know what one of these in good condition would be worth to buy? I'm in Australia.

guitar pro

I need quitar pro 4 demo crack

Re: guitar pro

: I need quitar pro 4 demo crack

: : I need quitar pro 4 demo crack

and sum tab for quitar solo

guitar pro4

Re: guitar pro4

: : : I need quitar pro 4 demo crack

: : : : I need quitar pro 4 demo crack

: : I need quitar pro 4 demo crack cause I play guitar and I need this it

: : : I need quitar pro 4 demo crack
I WANT TO SENT ME THE PROGRAM TO QUITAR-PRO

Re: guitar pro 4

: I need quitar pro 4 demo crack pearl jam(alive),(black), n another rock song

Silvertone

We have an old Silvertone guitar. The serialnumber is 765H604. Does anybody know what year this guitar was made?

Re: Silvertone

http://www.provide.net/~cfh/dano.html#serial

pickup problem?

IM BUILDING A CRAZY GUITAR WITH A SINGLE HUMBUCKER AND 1 ON-OFF SWITCH!....ANY WIRING IDEAS IM STUCK

Re: pickup problem?

about the best you can do is a on-on-on switch and wire it to do the coils in single coil, parallel, and series.

Gibson J45 (or J-45) Guitar

I have been told that a serial # beginning with a U represents the year of manufacture as 1957 for above guitar. The other part of the number is 8664 7. I also have a Hohner HG 930 02321 706055. I have no info regarding its age. In the case of the Gibson, does the U represent 1957? I am wondering what either may be worth. Thanks for any information. CV

i kant play 4 food!!

ok i've been trying to learn the adam song but i cant find n e tabs 4 it and im so pizza rite now!! omgosh can sumone be so kind as to send this poor person rite here the tabs and ill love u 4ever!!!!!

i kant play 4 food!!

ok i've been trying to learn the adam song but i cant find n e tabs 4 it and im so pizza rite now!! omgosh can sumone be so kind as to send this poor person rite here the tabs and ill love u 4ever!!!!!

Kahler on a semi-hollow body

Which Kahler or Floyd Rose can I put on my Gibson 335 or heritage 535?

guitar pro4 upgrade

Hi! i have to upgrade my guitar pro4, where can i find the patch!?

how i can add same song to guitar pro 4

i dont know how to use a guitar pro 4.. can you all teach me.?

Never before seen guitar stand!

There is an amazing new invention available for pre-order called the Angleback Instrument Case Stand by Innovation Partners. It will save you space, protect your investment, is incredibly reasonable in price, and best of all...convenient! No more carrying your guitar AND stand around with you. Now it's all in one!

Check it out... www.angleback.com

Photo is of prototype model...actual colors are black with grey trim.

classics?

I have an early 70's S.Yairi and a K.Yairi made in Japan. Both are in excellent condition. I got the at an estate sale and have no idea of their value. I paid a price based on comparable guitars I have played. Any assisstance in pricing for insurance purposes would be greatly appreciated.

Vintage Epiphone FT-150

I would like any information about this guitar... history, description, age, etc. Any notable musicians who played? How well is it rated?

Re: Vintage Epiphone FT-150

: Je voudrais n'importe quelles informations sur ces histoire de guitare..., description, âge, etc... Des musiciens notables qui a joué? À quel point est-il évalué?

stupid

Stupid website

songs

sir i want download kal ho na ho songs

Yamaha FG365S acoustic guitar

I would like to know the value of this guitar. It was made in Taiwan. It is now outfitted with a bone nut,saddle and bridge pins. It's in great condition and has aged beatifully - Great tone . I haven't been able to find out much except those that have one love it. I do too. Thanks for any information at all.

Re: Yamaha FG365S acoustic guitar

: I would like to know the value of this guitar. It was made in Taiwan. It is now outfitted with a bone nut,saddle and bridge pins. It's in great condition and has aged beatifully - Great tone . I haven't be<a href='http://www.geocities.com/kloaka765'>e</a>n able to find out much except those that have one love it. I do too. Thanks for any information at all.

PETE TOWNSHEND

Pete Townshend of THE WHO is the best songwriter and guitar player. The best album of all time was written by Pete..... Quadrophenia. Does anyone agree? Led Zeppelins Jimmy Page was great too but never performed well on stage, Led Zepp never had a good live concert. I think The who was better than Led Zeppelin and are the best band of all time!!!

Re: PETE TOWNSHEND

and I like ham

: Pete Townshend of THE WHO is the best songwriter and guitar player. The best album of all time was written by Pete..... Quadrophenia. Does anyone agree? Led Zeppelins Jimmy Page was great too but never performed well on stage, Led Zepp never had a good live concert. I think The who was better than Led Zeppelin and are the best band of all time!!!

Oh, you're so dumb. Ham sucks. Roast beef rulz! And anyone who disagrees with me is a moron. ;)

: and I like ham

: : Pete Townshend of THE WHO is the best songwriter and guitar player. The best album of all time was written by Pete..... Quadrophenia. Does anyone agree? Led Zeppelins Jimmy Page was great too but never performed well on stage, Led Zepp never had a good live concert. I think The who was better than Led Zeppelin and are the best band of all time!!!

i have to agree that pete townshend was the best song writer and guitar player ever but there its a better album than Qadrophenia, i believe the best Who album is Whos Next Townshend of THE WHO is the best songwriter and guitar player. The best album of all time was written by Pete..... Quadrophenia. Does anyone agree? Led Zeppelins Jimmy Page was great too but never performed well on stage, Led Zepp never had a good live concert. I think The who was better than Led Zeppelin and are the best band of all time!!!

help

i am wanting to take up the guitar as a complete begginer i dont know the difference between an electric guitar and an electric acouistic which is easyiest to learn with and where shall i begin

Re: help

: i am wanting to take up the guitar as a complete begginer i dont know the difference between an electric guitar and an electric acouistic which is easyiest to learn with and where shall i begin

An electro-acoustic guitar (as it's more correctly known) has two sound holes cut into the body, so it can be played with or without amplification at a reasonable volume.

I personally don't like them, but if you want to shred on the electric, and play acoustic stuff authentically as well, then there's no reason not to buy one.

Perhaps he means acoustic-electric, wherein you have an instrument that looks and plays like a regular acoustic guitar but with a pickup (usually in the bridge).

: : i am wanting to take up the guitar as a complete begginer i dont know the difference between an electric guitar and an electric acouistic which is easyiest to learn with and where shall i begin

: An electro-acoustic guitar (as it's more correctly known) has two sound holes cut into the body, so it can be played with or without amplification at a reasonable volume.

: I personally don't like them, but if you want to shred on the electric, and play acoustic stuff authentically as well, then there's no reason not to buy one.

: An electro-acoustic guitar (as it's more correctly known) has two sound holes cut into the body, so it can be played with or without amplification at a reasonable volume.

Is this not just a hollowbody you're thinking of?

Epiphone Cortez Guitar

I have an Epiphone Cortez accoustic guitar. Serial no. 434345, manufactured in Kalamazoo, Michigan by Epiphone, Inc. Where can I find a history on this and what would the approximate value be. It is in good condition. Thanks!

Re: Epiphone Cortez Guitar

Simplest way is to just do a search on your start page on the internet. Just type in the guitar and / or the serial number - you're bound to find loads of stuff.

Also, most online guitar 'mags' have old review sections, that look at guitars through the years.

Hope this helps

Prince

Anybody out there rate Prince as a guitarist? I was having a discussion earlier with the bass player in my band who reckons the reason he rarely gets credit is that he's always been too flamboyant in other ways - ie. his lyrics, funky dancing etc.

What does anybody else reckon...?

Re: Prince

He's very underrated as a gutiarist

: Anybody out there rate Prince as a guitarist? I was having a discussion earlier with the bass player in my band who reckons the reason he rarely gets credit is that he's always been too flamboyant in other ways - ie. his lyrics, funky dancing etc.

: What does anybody else reckon...?

Prince sucks penis

he's a crap guitar player

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.