Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2004

Archive for posts from January, 2004

ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

alvarez guitar

alvarez guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : alvarez guitar

Valuation Needed: Sada Yairi

I have recently inherited a Sada Yairi 1984 L-6 with a bridge pickup and was wondering how much it would be worth..

Jacob
Perth, Western Australia

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

OKAY! Well I am learning too and I am in serious need of help. My parents bought me a Greg Bennett SAMICK acoustic guitar and I am trying to learn how to play it and I have like 3 books but no matter how many times I read the book or listen to the CD I just don't understand some of the things that he is talking about. I can play chords but for some reason I can't see to be able to put it together to make a song out of it. PLAESE help if anyone can!!!

Re: PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

: OKAY! Well I am learning too and I am in serious need of help. My parents bought me a Greg Bennett SAMICK acoustic guitar and I am trying to learn how to play it and I have like 3 books but no matter how many times I read the book or listen to the CD I just don't understand some of the things that he is talking about. I can play chords but for some reason I can't see to be able to put it together to make a song out of it. PLAESE help if anyone can!!!

I have 3 Samicks and I love them. All I can say is "take your time." I learned to play the guitar by using a John Denver song book--but get whichever artist YOU like. The chord diagrams are very helpful. Go slowly at first. As you get used to changing chords, it'll become automatic and before you know it, you're pickin' and grinnin'. Hope this helps.

The first step in learning is getting the chords right. This is relatively straight forward if you start slowly with chords that are easy to fret. The main thing to remember is keep the thumb behind the neck and keep your palm off the back of the neck, this will let your fingers contact the fret board at a good angle and allow clean sounding chords without your fingers hitting the strings they're not meant to. Once you have fingered the chord, sound each of the strings to ensure that each string is clear without buzzing or dead strings. Practice, practice, practice and your hand will learn the correct position.
The part that stops most beginners from making a song "sound right" is the right hand timing and strumming. When you listen to music it is natural to tap your foot along with the music. If you think of this as the beat, you can count how may beats per bar. (the majority of songs are in 4 beats or 3 beats per bar). You want your picking (strumming) hand to work like tapping your foot. A good starting point is when counting 1,2,3,4 use a down stroke with your strumming hand. This way the timing and sound of the song will sound and feel right. The next strumming technique is playing between the beat ie, playing 8 strums over the 4 beats, this is done by counting 1&2&3&4&, try playing down strokes on the 1,2,3,4 beats and up strokes on the & beats. Combinations of when you strum can change the feel such as 1,2,3&4&. Just remember your right hand is keeping the beat and should feel natural.If you keep practicing you will progress, an important thing that I say to students is practice doesn't make perfect - "perfect practice makes perfect".

Good luck and keep at it

Mike

well; first of all i suggest you master the chords in your book. Then learn to put 2 chords together (eg. G & C) and simply practice practice practice. once you get your motor skills going; it should be easy to play an easy song.

P.S. i really suck too; but my teacher just taught me this method and now i can play songs!

how the heck do i create distortion on this darn thing?!

i bought myself a cheap amp, cuz im poor.. but i want to create distortion on it like to play Rage Against the machine... But I don't have the treble and bass things on it, instead i got..:

______________________|
**EQUALIZATION** |
- low |
- mid |
- high |
______________________|

that's it (for the part of the thing i can set distortion with.. but i can't create a correct sound.. Please help!!!! thnx in advance

Re: how the heck do i create distortion on this darn thing?!

your amp sounds ok. dont need an expensive amp.

Low, mid, high is the exact same thing as bass, midrange, treble.

Gain and Post are both volume controls that control levels.
like a master volume and a regular volume on some other amps.
some amp companies (like Peavey) call them "pre" and "post" gain.

you put the master volume down to a low setting, and run the regular volume up to make distortion.
my little fender sidekick has a volume control, a master control and a Gain control. you get distortion by having the volume up or the gain up, or both, and have the master turned down.

sonds like your amp might be calling the master level, a Gain, and the volume a Post. if thats the case, turn the Gain down, and the post up.

you wont hurt it if you do it vice versa. it just wont distort if you get it backwards is all. so then try it the other way.

as for the exact sound you want, just play round with the hi(treble), mid, and low(bass) controls. they all affect how it sounds alot when you have it distorted.
most metal and grunge has lots of distortion with the bass(low) way up.

hope this helps.

--dan

: i bought myself a cheap amp, cuz im poor.. but i want to create distortion on it like to play Rage Against the machine... But I don't have the treble and bass things on it, instead i got..:

: ______________________
: **LEAD GAIN** |
: - supersad |
: - post |
: ______________________|
: **EQUALIZATION** |
: - low |
: - mid |
: - high |
: ______________________|

: that's it (for the part of the thing i can set distortion with.. but i can't create a correct sound.. Please help!!!! thnx in advance

Help! Im a begginer!

Anyone know any sites that have actual real tabs (not written) that are not hard but not basic?? Please post!!!

Re: Help! Im a begginer!

Theres a software package called "guitar pro" which gives access to guitar tabs of a variety of different music styles. The bonus is there is usually a number of different tabs available which suit player level as well as playable music which can be used at the same time as the tabs. The speed can be changed along with the pitch. It's a useful learning tool

check out powertab too, it's free

: Theres a software package called "guitar pro" which gives access to guitar tabs of a variety of different music styles. The bonus is there is usually a number of different tabs available which suit player level as well as playable music which can be used at the same time as the tabs. The speed can be changed along with the pitch. It's a useful learning tool

im a beg. too. if u find nething, PLEASE HELP!:

Theres a software package called "guitar pro" which gives access to guitar tabs of a variety of different music styles. The bonus is there is usually a number of different tabs available which suit player level as well as playable music which can be used at the same time as the tabs. The speed can be changed along with the pitch. It's a useful learning tool

Yamaha FD01P2--Ever heard of one???

I got a Yamaha acoustic for Christmas. The box says Model No. FD01P2 but I can't find any information on it. Has anyone ever heard of it?

Re: Yamaha FD01P2--Ever heard of one???

: I got a Yamaha acoustic for Christmas. The box says Model No. FD01P2 but I can't find any information on it. Has anyone ever heard of it?

I believe it is the F310. I am still doing some research on the web to confirm that.

Below is the information I got from Yamaha Support:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: Yamaha Acoustic Guitar FD01?

<<It is more similar to the FG403S. Better than the F310.
Thank you.>>

>>> 01/06/2004 12:49:35 PM >>>
Thanks for your reply.
Could you also tell me if this guitar is similar to the F310?

Thierry

FD01 has a spruce top, nato back and sides, nato neck and rosewood
fretboard.
Thanks

The Yamaha F310PR acoustic guitar is the FD01

: The Yamaha F310PR acoustic guitar is the FD01

>> That is what I thought first but I have both guitars in front of me right now and I can confirm that they are not the same (color, nature of side wood, weight,...).

I took a picture of the 2 guitars, side to side: http://26ch84.free.fr/yamaha_f310_fd01.jpg

For information:
- F310: 1.9 kg
- FD01: 2.1 kg

Hope it helps.

Thierry

Yamaha FD01P2--Ever heard of one???

I got a Yamaha acoustic for Christmas. The box says Model No. FD01P2 but I can't find any information on it. Has anyone ever heard of it?

it dosnt look like it i no i have neva heard of it b4

Below is the information I got from Yamaha Support:

<<It is more similar to the FG403S. Better than the F310.
Thank you.>>

>>> 01/06/2004 12:49:35 PM >>>
Thanks for your reply.
Could you also tell me if this guitar is similar to the F310?

Thierry

FD01 has a spruce top, nato back and sides, nato neck and rosewood
fretboard.
Thanks

Guild F212

I am the original owner of this rarely-played 12-string from the early 1970's (serial #62758). It is in almost-new condition, with a plush-lined hard case. Can anyone offer a rough estimate of its worth or advice about where I might find that information? Thanks much.

Re: Guild F212

Guild F212, early 70s: This guitar, if mint condition, will normally bring close to USD 1000.

fender 12 string model F-360S-12

i bought this guitar new in 1980.paid about 435.00 for it. the serial no. indicates that is an american made guitar in 1976. i am looking for a buyer

Is there an amp for guitar and bass?

is there an amplifier specifically designed so that you can use guitar and bass with it without it getting damaged?

Re: Is there an amp for guitar and bass?

Check out a bassman, made for bass but great w/guitar

: is there an amplifier specifically designed so that you can use guitar and bass with it without it getting damaged?

plz plz plz download the songs plz.

i am mad about these khnh songs plz send me

number series

do you have Fender Coronado (Wildwood)and waht number series.
please give me any more pic if you have do you have Fender Coronado (Wildwood):

Hohner Hg-14 guitar

Hohner Hg-14 guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hohner Hg-14 guitar

Gibson Luciel

I am looking at a 1972 gibson luciel, brown in color plays great and in better than good condition. anybody have an Idea what it is worth

Hohner HGK299

Does any body have or know anything about the price or quality of a Hohner HGK299?

Re: Hohner HGK299

Just recently my friend had one sitting in his garage, he said I could have it for free. I stuck some new strings on it and founds its an ok guitar, the action is a little off though... Dunno what it would be like new.

Ross 4X4 Series2 recorder

I just picked up this Ross recorder. Does anyone have a manual or basic instructions for it?

El degas guitar.......Model GB84

El degas guitar.......Model GB84

This popular thread has been given its own page : El degas guitar.......Model GB84

to down load hindi songs

hi

Re: to down load hindi songs

:
: hi

: :
: : hi

: : :
: : : hihhhff

Fret Buzzing!

Hello, I recently purchased a Godin SD and am happy with almost everything about it. The only problem is fret buzzing on the lower frets when playing the E and A strings. Being a relative beginner I am uncertain as to the rememdy so am wondering if any of you can give me advice as to how to eliminate this one snag. Do I raise the bridge? (if so how?) Adjust the truss rod? (is that tricky for a beginner?) I'd be grateful of any advice. Thanks.

Re: Fret Buzzing!

Easiest way is to raise the saddles, there should be 2 hex screws in the saddle to raise and lower it, it's a good idea to check the neck too and adjust the truss rod accordingly as I don't know where you are but out here winter time the humidity is real low which can cause some back bow, if you aren't comfortable with messing with the truss rod yet just check out their site or search around on the net (I don't own any godins) as most manafacturers provide complete setup specs online

: Hello, I recently purchased a Godin SD and am happy with almost everything about it. The only problem is fret buzzing on the lower frets when playing the E and A strings. Being a relative beginner I am uncertain as to the rememdy so am wondering if any of you can give me advice as to how to eliminate this one snag. Do I raise the bridge? (if so how?) Adjust the truss rod? (is that tricky for a beginner?) I'd be grateful of any advice. Thanks.

Re: Fret Buzzing!

Before you try to fix it, I would recommend taking it somewhere to get it set up. I was worried about my string buzz - it was mostly the E and A strings too (on a Gibson SG Special Faded), but I took it to two different shops, and they both told me the same thing - a little buzz from the E and A strings is not necessarily a bad thing, as long as it doesn't come out of the amp. The only guarantee you have against string buzz is to raise the action (which I think is what the other guy replying was suggesting), and that will help up to a point, but if you raise the action too high, the guitar becomes unplayable, or at least it doesn't play as smoothly. I play really hard, so when my SG's unplugged, it really buzzes a lot, but it sounds fine when I plug it in. Before you fuck up your guitar trying to fix it, I suggest taking it to people who know their stuff - usually you can get it set up for $25 or less, and the setup plus talking to someone who deals with guitars for a living is really a bargain.

free downlodable hindi songs

sir give me the songs of Bombay & Taal

Re: free downlodable hindi songs

hi there..
just check out www.esargam.com nd go to all time great hits on the menu bar at left corner.... you can get both there..

: sir give me some of the best popsongs.

: sir give me the songs of Bombay & Taal

: : sir give me the songs of paap

: : : sir give me the songs of jism and suriya

: : : sir give me the songs of raghav

: sir give me the songs of kal ho na ho

: : sir give me the songs of arth

: sir give me the songs of Bombay & Taal

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.