Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - January, 2004

Archive for posts from January, 2004

ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Download Songs

i juz wntd 2 download rainbow of south boarder, officialy missin' you of tamia, first believe and art of lettin go of mikaila, without you of charley wilson..dats all for now..bye guys..!!..=)

: Sir I want download Waisa bhi hota hai...... songs

: Sir I want download Careless Whisper....George micheal

: Sir I want download fuck dont want u bac

Amps

Amps

This popular thread has been given its own page : Amps

PERFECT SONG

I NEED TO GET CORDS OF THIS SONG PERFECT

PERFECT SONG

I NEED TO GET CORDS OF THIS SONG PERFECT

What's a good second hand acoutic to look for

Hi, Some sites say "good beginner's model" Fair enough but I dont want that. I want a really good second hand guitar that I can keep so I dont need to change it if I get better at playing. Any recommendations? Up to about $500 second hand ; classical or steel string and ideally full wood not laminate

Re: What's a good second hand acoutic to look for

: Hi, Some sites say "good beginner's model" Fair enough but I dont want that. I want a really good second hand guitar that I can keep so I dont need to change it if I get better at playing. Any recommendations? Up to about $500 second hand ; classical or steel string and ideally full wood not laminate

I've owned LOTS of acoustic guitars and the best for the money that I've found are alveraz guitars. I have a 51 guitar collection and 3 of the 4 acoustic guitars in it are Alveraz guitars. You can find them cheap on Ebay and get a fantastic guitar for under $500. If you think I'm kidding, look at my collection at http://216.219.212.85/Harmony/My%20collection/View%20collection.htm

billieg2

HELP Repair Possible

Two thin with the grain cracks running from bottom under the bridge a few inches apart and parallel. How much and can it be done keeping total originality ?$1000 spanish

Neck of Carvin DC200?

Neck of Carvin DC200?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Neck of Carvin DC200?

Paul Languedoc guitars

Paul Languedoc guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Paul Languedoc guitars

Tom Delonge Gibson ES-333

Tom Delonge Gibson ES-333

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tom Delonge Gibson ES-333

Epiphone Serial numbers

Can anyone give me the history of an Epiphone Les Paul Special edition serial Number + U7011248. Colour is Trans Green.

selling Gibson custom Wes Montgomery and Goldtone Amp

I would like someone to give me ideas on where to sell my brand new custom Gibson L5 Wes Montgomery Guitar and case and it comes with a Gibson Goldtone Amp? Ebay?

el degas model 120

my aunt gave me an el degas model no. 120 and im guessing it's pretty old. if you have any infomation on this guitar PLEASE email me or post a follw up thingy or whatever thanks so much

El Degas Model No. 120

Hi,

I was trying to do some research on this particular model of El Degas since my mother gave it to me. This is the only post I've come across that mentions this model. I realize you posted this in 2004, but I would like to know if you've learned anything about the guitar since.

Thank you.

kal ho naa ho

ka l ho naa ho new songs

i want the songs

plz get me the songs sir

Fender Vibrato - set up questions

I am trying to set up my vibrato on my new Squire Cyclone as this was set flush to the body. I have taken you advise re the 6 screws at the front. I have now got the unit floating as I like although I had to release the claw screws at the back quite a bit.

My questions are, does the vibrato plate rock on/against the six screws? Is there anything under the vibrato plate or does is it just the six screws attached to the body? How high should the two outside screws be away from the body? Is it likely that the vibrato plate can dig into the body when tilted forward?

Sorry for so many questions but your time and advise would be much appreciated.

gibson 135 pick-up

I'm trying to fix my gibson pick-up selector but since I never seen a selector before (talking about the whole piece)I'd like to ask whether there could be a scheme to follow or to look at before aptempting to do anything... cheers

What year is my strat?

I have a Made in USA Strat Serial # E 324414, but I do not know what year it is. I think it is a 1982. Anyody know. It would be a big help
Doug

Re: What year is my strat?

serial # for an '83 but w/overlap could have been made in '82... technically it's an '83 though.

: I have a Made in USA Strat Serial # E 324414, but I do not know what year it is. I think it is a 1982. Anyody know. It would be a big help
: Doug

Re: What year is my strat?

It's a 2005 and you are a man from the future!!!!!!!

: serial # for an '83 but w/overlap could have been made in '82... technically it's an '83 though.

: : I have a Made in USA Strat Serial # E 324414, but I do not know what year it is. I think it is a 1982. Anyody know. It would be a big help
: : Doug

asd

i wants to down load kal ho na ho songs free

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

no song for you.......... LOSER

haaaaaaaaaa I laugh at you haaaaaaaaaaa

:
: i wants to down load kal ho na ho songs free

Old Framus Guitar

Anyone out there know how much an old framus guitar is worth model: 5/59-52T, serial no: 40255
OR does anyone know where to find out the going rate on this guitar?

Thanks,
-Rich

Re: Old Framus Guitar

Anybody know the age of a Framus and worth ser#6199
: OR does anyone know where to find out the going rate on this guitar?

: Thanks,
: -Rich

Re: Old Framus Guitar

: Anybody know the age of a Framus and worth ser#6199
: : OR does anyone know where to find out the going rate on this guitar?

: : Thanks,
: : Bill

Problem

I do not know how to program korg a5

Yamaha FG-340 Info

Yamaha FG-340 Info

This popular thread has been given its own page : Yamaha FG-340 Info

band entering

mynameis bernie I have learnt how to play the guitar, bass guitar and i would like to know how to start up a band preferbly in colchester

F30R-NT value?

How can I look up serial #'s, new to guitars.

got bad buzz from pick-up in 70's jazzmaster, help?

I just recently bought a 73-74 Jazzmaster. It needs some TLC, badly. Besides a fret job there is a bad buzz emanating from the neck pick-up, Does anyone know what to do about this annoying problem?

Re: got bad buzz from pick-up in 70's jazzmaster, help?

: I just recently bought a 73-74 Jazzmaster. It needs some TLC, badly. Besides a fret job there is a bad buzz emanating from the neck pick-up, Does anyone know what to do about this annoying problem?

You need to take the pickguard off and see if the ground wire is connected to one of the pots. The ground wire will be the covering of the neck pickups wire like a sheild. If it connected, then take out the pickup and check it there to see if it's connected to the pickup. A good guitar tech could fix it for about $40.
Good luck
billieg2

Fender tele

Hi, I own a USA '78 sunburst telecaster in original condition. What value should I put on it for insurance purposes? (in GB£).
Thanks in advance!

Help replace regular pickup with dual rail Humbucker

I need help to replace my regular pickup with the dualk ral humbucker off a Kramer guitar. Please give advice if performed a similar operation. DIagrams are of much help

How to get the rock/metal distortion on amp

Can anyone help me please...
My friend recently gave me his Peavey transtube 112 EFX electric guitar amp. I have an Ibanez GaX 30 guitar, neway... I cant seem to find out how to get the rock or metal distortion on the amp. Basically it all seems like different variations of clean. My friend never used the amp, so he doesnt know. But you would think a $300 amp would have the common rock/metal distortion. Do you think there is anything I could add on to the guitar like a pedal or something to get thjat effect? Please help!

floppy floyd bar

i bought a used strat with a stock floyd rose II bridge on it. the whammy bar is floppy - it feels loose even when screwed down tightly. do floyd whammy bars have a tendency to wear down? all of my other guitars have fender american standard bridges, so i don't know what's typical for a floyd. should i just get used to a floppy bar? or will a bridge replacement solve the problem? thanks. bd

capri telecaster copy

I have this green telecaster copy, apparently by Capri.
Made in Japan, serial # 1000017.

Does anyone know anything about this make?

thanks,

please let me know

i would like to know how my my Kramer-Pacer guitar is worth. please email me and let me know as soon as you can. thank you.

Bob Marley's accoustic

Could anyone identify that blue accoustic he is playing in a video rendition of Redemption Song?

Re: Bob Marley's accoustic

It's a 1976 Ovation Adamas

Fender Duo-Sonic II Neck

Fender Duo-Sonic II Neck

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender Duo-Sonic II Neck

Cordova FWCW

I own 12 guitars, and one bass. (I am not so good on the bass, I just use it sometime recording).
I get gigs to play early evenings playing soft easy jazz at out door partys. I looked around for a instrument that had the sound I have heard other playing on the radio. I just played a Cordova one time and knew it was what I was looking for. I find the sound and easy of playing the best. If you play classical or jazz, take my advice, try a Cordova FWCW. I think you will agree with me, the thin body and sound features make this the best in its class.

Effects lineup

Why does delay have to be the last pedal to put in your setup? I currently have:
1.Boss Digital Delay DD-6
2.Dunlop Crybaby Wah
3.Boss Tremelo
4.Electro-Harmonix Small Stone
5.Digitech Whammy 4
The reason why I ask is because when I put my Delay at the end and try to produce an echo of a signal while using any of the other effects, the delayed signal only comes back clean. In order to get it to work I have to put my delay first. Whats the deal?

charvette

i own a blue charvette electric guitar comprising of one single coil and one humbucker and a strat type bridge.it has a pointed reverse headstock like some jacksons,was made in japan and has the serial number 011746.i paid £175 for it secondhand.can anyone give me any information on this model like when it was made and how much it would have cost new and any other information as i can find none at all and have never seen another the same (is it rare?)

Re: charvette

I own one exactly the same, same colour and everything. I bought mine second hand about ten years ago and it has proved to be the only guitar I have kept all that time and probably the best bargain I ever had. I paid £200 for it and a peavey amp.

I have never seen another one, I think they were sort of mid range in terms of price but I'm not sure. The only thing I do know is that Charvel really didn't have a very long lifespan as a company before they were bought out by Jackson. So yeah it is pretty rare I think but not in a collectible way cos few people (and no big names) noticed how good they were.

download songs

hiiiiiiiiiiii

Re: download songs

: hiiiiiiiiiiii

hi

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.