Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2004

Archive for posts from March, 2004

ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

My Amp Wont Turn On

Hi my amp is broken. It wont turn on any more. i have changed the fuse and it is still not working. i had a look in the back but i couldnt see a thing wrong with it. HELP ME PLEASE.

Re: My Amp Wont Turn On

might need fixing,,,

Bently guitar

I have a Bently guitar that I received from someone, and i have no idea what model it is, or how much it is worth. Does anyone have any idea about the values and everything of these guitars? I don't know whether to just sell it for cheap or to hang on to it or what....

Re: Bently guitar

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Bently/

CALLING ALL MUSICIANS - ORLANDO, FL

FOR INFO GO TO http://docrobertsband.com/calling_all_musicians.htm

Calling all Musicians

ACOUSTIC OPEN MIC JAM NIGHT

Every Thursday Night: 7 pm to 10 pm at
The Black Hammock, Oviedo, Florida

2356 Black Hammock Fish Camp Road, Oviedo, Florida 32765 - 407-365-2201

Hosted by

Doc Roberts & Friends

LOCAL TALENT & ORIGINAL MUSIC WELCOME

B.Y.O.I. (Bring Your Own Instruments/Mic) sound is system provided

FOOD AND DRINK SPECIALS INCLUDING,

ALL YOU CAN EAT CRAB LEGS !

FOR INFORMATION: CALL 407-365-2201 OR email: info@docrobertsband.com

www.docrobertsband.com www.theblackhammock.com

Got any idea what this guitar is worth?

I'm looking at buying a mint condition 1982 Peavey T-60,got any idea on its value?

Re: Got any idea what this guitar is worth?

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Peavey/T-60-01.html

Re: Got any idea what this guitar is worth?

They go for around USD 200 on eBay (US eBay, that is).

Wide neck guitars

Wide neck guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Wide neck guitars

gibson wholesaler

I am looking for a wholesaler of gibson and fender guitars for a venue in business. Can anyone help?

Re: gibson wholesaler

gibson.com

1977 Gibson Les Paul Custom

Anyone know the appoximate appraisal for a 1977 Gibson Les Paal Custom in excellent condition ?

Re: 1977 Gibson Les Paul Custom

: Anyone know the appoximate appraisal for a 1977 Gibson Les Paal Custom in excellent condition ?

Gotta be around $1100 (£600) but for that money it's gotta be good. Check out ebay.

Truetone guitar

i have this really old Truetone guitar and it has a couple pieces missing and i was wondering if anyone might have a clue on where i can find information about this guitar or even pictures of one so i could possibly just make the pieces for it this information would be greatly appreciated

Re: Truetone guitar

I just found my dad's old Truetone Guitar. I would be glad to send you a picture. I would love to know how much it is worth. Does anybody know?

Mesa Boogie, problem getting sound

I bought a 1986 Mesa Boogie Mark III (new tubes) about 6 months ago, and it's sounded great up until I played a gig with it a few nights ago. Four bands used it, but the last band was particularly loud (master volume set to 3.5), and I heard the sound stop halfway through their set. It turned back on in like 20 seconds, though, so I assumed they just messed up with their pedals.

Now I've got it hooked up at home again, and the Power light is turning on, but there's no sound no matter how I adjust the settings. I plugged into the Effects Return Jack like the manual said to see if it would make any sound, but nothing came out.

Does anyone have any insight to the problem? I've got some ideas, but I'd like to hear from someone with experience in the matter. Thanks.

Re: Mesa Boogie, problem getting sound

Hi Max

Do the tubes light up when you turn it on?
Have you tried disconecting the speaker and putting the amp through another speaker cab to see if your speaker has blown?

I've had a couple of boogie's I played them loud all the time (8-9 master vol) never had a problem, they were always very reliable. Boogie's are normally fairly bulletproof

Other than that I would say take it for repair, don't mess with it you might do more damage.

"DON'T LET ANYONE USE YOUR GEAR!".
That's gotta be the oldest rule in the book.

I made the same mistake. I borrowed my amp to a guy (a so called friend) he busted it and wouldn't pay up! You live and you learn.

wanna start a metal band

hey im a bassist and im looking for a drummer and two gutarist to start a metal band that has influences of damage plan, lamb of god, as i lay dying,bleeding through, 18 visions, norma jean stuff like that, u dont have to be like dimebag darryle on guitar or joey jordson on drums but all i ask is if ur decent id like to make something and really get into the scene all i ask is that ur honest with some talent so that together we all can grow into a kick ass band im located in the bronx

Re: wanna start a metal band

i would want to start a metal band, but you like that gay band called 'the bronx' too bad

dan armstrong bass pickup

i am looking for a pickup for a '69 dan armstrong acrylic bass.any ideas or know anyone who would be willing to repair mine.

Re: D.O.A. dan armstrong bass pickup

Hello
Sorry to say that the Dan Armstrong guitar/bass pickups that eventually die are pretty much a solid block and cant be repaired. I've shown mine to Seymour Duncan,Lindy Fralin,Dan And Kent Armstrong, Bill Lawrence etc. and they all said sorry but no. Also be aware that the reisseue that was made from 1998 onward will not "pop in" and you will need to mod your bass ...witch I dont recomend. I'm working right now with Curtis Novax( Novax.org )on making a killer clone and hope to get Dan's blessing.
Makes a nice paper wieght though;)
Billy

Re: dan armstrong bass pickup

Bill...those buggers aren't very easily fixed! I had a box of them, and out of the 20 some odd pickups, ONE worked. So I autopsied them and know what it takes to fix/make them. I could take a crack at fixing your pickup, but it could be like a surgeon not wanting to remove a bullet that's sitting 2 cm from the spinal column....it could go either way. It could be fixable, or it could just be junk.
cheers,

Pat F

: i am looking for a pickup for a '69 dan armstrong acrylic bass.any ideas or know anyone who would be willing to repair mine.

Seville Guitars

Does anyone know anything about the Seville brand of guitars? I have an S-32 model and have no knowledge about it whatsoever other than it was made in Korea. I love this guitar, it is probably the best sounding guitar I've ever played. If someone has any info on these guitars, please let me know.

Re: Seville Guitars

:I just won a Seville copy of a Gibson Melody Maker on e-bay. Looks cool. I don't know much about them either.

Re: Seville Guitars

NO I HAVE NO CLUE BUT I HAVE 1 TOO AND I WANTED TO FIND OUT ABOUT IT TOO

kawai moonsault guitar

I know mine is extremely rare as it has some custom features and iam looking for a value cuase i want to sell it

kawai moonsault guitar email addy

forgot to post my email..... bearguitar7@yahoo.com.au

kawai moonsault guitar email addy

forgot to post my email..... bearguitar7@yahoo.com.au

Tama guitar

I have a Tama acoustic model 3555 from the late 1070's. I am interested in selling the guitar. It is in decent shape, with a few minor flaws. I will have pictures available for anybody interested. Please email to nyb516@aol.com

Re: Tama guitar

sounds like a real early model, pre war.

Re: Tama guitar

: sounds like a real early model, pre war.

Don't think they made Tama guitars before the war. They started in the early 70's with Martin copies. I woildnt mind having a look at it though. Drop me a line and we'll sort something out. ;-)

value of a 74 yamaki

I live in michigan and am having a hard time finding anyone that knows about yamakis and their value. I was told years ago that my 1974 yamaki is a custom and worth alot. I would really like to sell it or get an appraisal. Anyone know of anyone that knows about yamakis? Thanx Chere

for sale! mint condition GC 70 guitar

someone pawned this guitar to me over 2 yrs ago. I dont know anything about guitars, except this one is beautiful. Comes with case! IT says GC 70 on the case, make offer! Bobster0007@yahoo.com Thanks

Re: for sale! mint condition GC 70 guitar

: someone pawned this guitar to me over 2 yrs ago. I dont know anything about guitars, except this one is beautiful. Comes with case! IT says GC 70 on the case, make offer! Bobster0007@yahoo.com Thanks

-------------------------------

If you still own this guitar, please mail me sinds your e-mail adress is invalid.

Is GC-70 written on the label inside the guitar...if so, for what price approximately you want to sell it, thanks, L.V.

Hai, Is the GC 70 a a classical guitar made by Yamaha? I appreciate your reply.

Thanks

guitarist starting a band in dublin ireland

im a lead guitarist with a LOT of experience in bands giging and recording. im a very young 33 and have been playing since 7 giging since 15. im putting a band together with the view to doing old and new hard rock from black crows, thin lizzy to papa rouch rage against the machine. start with covers to get a following then gradually add our own in. i have a singer who also plays the guitar so im looking for a bassest and drummer. phone 0879014497 or email anthony_mckeon@hotmail.com.

tascam 244 owners manueal

I need help finding an owners manueal for a tascam 244
Please and Thanks.

tascam 244 ?(does it have an effects loop)?

Hi i'mjust wondering if the tascam 244 portastudio has an effects loop with the mixer. I know the 246 does, but not sure about his model. Looking to purchase a used one so let me know...thanks!
-t

Re: tascam 244 owners manueal

: I need help finding an owners manueal for a tascam 244 : Please and Thanks. <a href='http://www.geocities.com/leburjeit/'></a>

stellar guitar?

stellar guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : stellar guitar?

Visit here!

Hello everybody!
Fairytale's Fog has returned with new website and new music.Please visit at http://www.sunpoint.net/~fairytalesfog and leave comment alsoto our guestbook!

Re: Visit here!

Correction:

Hello everybody!
Fairytale's Fog has returned with new website and new music.Please visit at http://www.sunpoint.net/~fairytalesfog and leave comment also to our guestbook!

Don is a f4g

Don is a f4g

so true

he is too

Re: Don is a f4g

: Don i<a href='http://www.geocities.com/henrjdh/'>s</a> a f4g

bass neck length

Hey i am getting a bass on friday, and as im gonna be new to playing, im going for a cheap £140 one. the one im gonna get is one with 20 frets. ive seen other 'standard' basses which have over 20. Do the amount of frets on the neck actually is much of an impact on playing, or just a difference in the guitar not the music?

Thanks for any replies

Alex

Re: bass neck length

Short scale bass will have an effect on the tone, not as deep, a lot of women play short scale necks too.
Lee

Re: bass neck length

ahh...ok thanks

alex

bass neck length

Hey i am getting a bass on friday, and as im gonna be new to playing, im going for a cheap £140 one. the one im gonna get is one with 20 frets. ive seen other 'standard' basses which have over 20. Do the amount of frets on the neck actually is much of an impact on playing, or just a difference in the guitar not the music?

Thanks for any replies

Alex

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.