Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2004

Archive for posts from March, 2004

ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

New Guitar Website - interviews/mp3s/tabs/forums/reviews/etc

Hey, guys. I just want to tell you that my website - www.guitar6.com - has several new band interviews on it. Stop by and check it out yourself!

strella guitar six string

does anyone know if a 30 year old strella guitar is worth anything

Help! what is GF30R, I know nothing of guitars!!!

Can someone help me to look up value of guitar as I think someone is trying to lowball me. I inherited guitar and went to sell and then heard this could be more valuable then thought. Please help! Serial: GF300844

Re: Help! what is GF30R, I know nothing of guitars!!!

whats the make? i assume gf30r is the model??

Lee

Its a guild GF30R Serial GF300844 1993?

seen a GF30 go for $895.00 not a lot, also that was sold by a dealer, i suppose you could expect around $750 on a private sale, i saw the Ad on this site:
http://www.massstreetmusic.com/acoustic-other.php?status=SOLD
Lee.

A General Question about pedals

Ok i know nothing about pedals so the answer to this may be painfully obvious but im gonna ask it anyway :P. If these multi-fx pedals exist with shitloads of effects...why do most people still use individual pedals that cost hundreds of dollars each?

Re: A General Question about pedals

simple answer is the individual pedals give a better/different sound, i have a Bos ME50, it has some good sounds on there but nothing beats my Turbo Rat for a fat distortion sound, its down to personal taste, a lot of the individual pedals are shed loads better than multiFX.
Lee

is bass important when playing live

i was always wondering whether bass would be important for live?.. because a number of people told me that bass usually can't be heard on live.. is that true?

Re: is bass important when playing live

it mostly depends on what kind of music you are playing but most of the time bass is very important.And live sometimes you cant hear bass at punk shows etc. but usually when you can hear the bass it gives much better sound to the band.

tatay guitar

tatay guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : tatay guitar

Cole Clark

Has anyone here played a cole clark fatlady 1 acoustic guitar? I am in the market and stumbled upon these guitars, they seem like a great deal for solid wood guitars. I would appreciate anyones input who has played or owns one and how much they paid for it. Thanks

Re: Cole Clark

I own a FatLady 1A and got it for $1000.They're so cheap(for an all solid acoustic) because its a new company.For that price youre basically getting a boutique-quality hand made guitar.They're built like traditional Spanish guitars with no expense spared(integral neck heel not cheap bolt-on or dovetail joints like Martins/Taylors/almost any american/japanese guitar),which you wont find anywhere unless you get a non-factory built guitar(which will cost upwards of $4000).Sound-wise they equal or better the best on the market.FatLady 2's start at around $1500,which is the same as the FL1 but with some cosmetic differences.If you're outside of Australia,the cost of getting the basic model will be around US$1100.

: Has anyone here played a cole clark fatlady 1 acoustic guitar? I am in the market and stumbled upon these guitars, they seem like a great deal for solid wood guitars. I would appreciate anyones input who has played or owns one and how much they paid for it. Thanks

Kona electric guitars

Hey, I'm looking at a Kona electric guitar I saw in a pawn shop. I don't know much about electrics, but I do own and play an acoustic. The model of the guitar was either KES2T or the KES1T. I'm not sure which. They were selling it for about 150 brand new. Still had tags and everything. Just looking at it I thought it looked like a nice guitar. I was told though, that you should avoid any brand of guitar that's not a major brand like Martin, Peavey, or Yamaha. If anyone else owns one of these guitars, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Re: Kona electric guitars

: Okay, just an update. It's definitley a KES2T. If anyone knows anything about this or any other Kona guitar, I'd appreciate some feedback. Thanks.

Re: Kona electric guitars

: Hey, I'm looking at a Kona electric guitar I saw in a pawn shop. I don't know much about electrics, but I do own and play an acoustic. The model of the guitar was either KES2T or the KES1T. I'm not sure which. They were selling it for about 150 brand new. Still had tags and everything. Just looking at it I thought it looked like a nice guitar. I was told though, that you should avoid any brand of guitar that's not a major brand like Martin, Peavey, or Yamaha. If anyone else owns one of these guitars, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Kona is a fairly entry level guitar, but not bad for the cash, i bought a Kona bass just to "Have" a bass, but it is very similar in sound to a $300 Ibanez. plays well, straight neck, stays in tune... not bad for 150.

Westbury Guitars Inc.

This post is to inform everyone who is interested that as of November of 2003, “Westbury guitars Inc.” is back in business and will have their product out by mid summer. These guitars are high end but affordable and not made at Matsumoku or in Japan, rather, right here in the U.S.A.---100% U.S.A. made guitars. Other high-end guitars say they are made in the U.S. and indeed are not. It is my obligation to expose companies like Brian Moor and PRS who have their guitars made over seas in Korea and assembled here in the U.S. and are legally allowed to put the U.S.A. stamp on their product. There may never be an Uncle Mat again but there will always be an Uncle Sam and Westbury Guitars Inc. realizes this and that’s why there will be a 100% USA made stamp on the new line of Westbury Guitars. (Not at all affiliated with Univox)
Prototypes are being made in PA and LA and Westbury Guitars Inc. is very close to Ok-ing the design and will begin production in April. Low serial numbered models can be ordered through www.westburyguitars.com and the site will also have a ton of information on the vintage models.
Westbury Guitars Inc. P.O.Box 10582 Westbury N.Y. 11590-3226 info@westburyguitars.com

Westbury Guitars

Westbury Guitars

This popular thread has been given its own page : Westbury Guitars

Guitar Class System

i played a 'Korean' Tokai les paul copy in a shop, i was totaly knocked out by the guitar, tone playability, it even looks like the real thing, so i ended up buying one, and i realy cant fault it, sure the finishing is a bit poor but what do you expect for £399 new?, anyway there was very little info on these 'Koreans' so i got on to a Tokai discussion board, and the Tokai 'Japanese' owners are rubbishing the 'Korean' Guitars!! for being not up to Jap standard!! i thought how ironic, the copies are knocking the copies of the copies! its like the english class system.
Lee

Best Guitar Link for Videos

Browsing around I found this...

www.darbymusic.co.uk which has a link to some interesting guitar vids for download, check it

owners manual Korg Guitar A5

Hi, I am looking already for some time for an owners manual for the Korg Guitar A5. Sofar no luck, has anybody any suggestions?

thanks and regards

Joris

Re: owners manual Korg Guitar A5

I have the original manual for the Korg A5 Guitar. I still have the effect device also. Do you need some specs or what? Send me an e-mail, I won't be reading these news here.

Re: owners manual Korg Guitar A5

Can anyone tell were I can find an online vresion of Korg A5 manual...or send it to my email adress! Thanks a lot!

johnon acoustic guitars

any comments on the quality of johnson acoustics, like shown in link below?

Re: johnon acoustic guitars

Mine's kind of shit. Got it new in a store selling soley Johnson acoustics for like 85 bucks on sale. It may be the strings, but it has never sounded too good.

Songs in Tune?

I've looked it up on the net and i cant really get a good understanding of what songs are in certain tune...like a song being in "A" for example...can anyone give an easy explanation of it?

Re: Songs in Tune?

simply put, it is the key the song is in, mostly where the singing starts, if it starts in the chord of 'A' then its in the key of 'A'.
genraly speaking you also have to disregard the intro.
does that make sense?? probably not...

Actually yes that does help, but i'm still clueless to it all...haha

: simply put, it is the key the song is in, mostly where the singing starts, if it starts in the chord of 'A' then its in the key of 'A'.
: genraly speaking you also have to disregard the intro.
: does that make sense?? probably not...

A scale is a series of notes with a set 'interval' between each note. Try singing the 'doh, ray, me...' scale. The note you start on is the 'key' . Play one on the guitar.

Same thing. As Lee say, chances are if you're playing a song the first chord you play defines the 'key'. In most songs all the notes in the melody/ tune will be on the 'doh, ray, me...' scale, starting with the first chord/ note (assuming the song is in the 'major' key).

A bit more.. The scale of notes has only 7 different tones (defined notes) in it - sing/ play the 'doh, ray, me...' and count them (the 8th note is an octave above the 1st note. Generally, you'll find you will only play chords which lie on certain numbers in this scale - the 1st, or 'root' chord, the chord starting with the 4th note on the scale, and the chord starting on the 5th note (referred to as.. the 4th, and 5th!!).
In the scale of C Major, the root chord is therefore C, the 3th is F and the 5th is G. These three chords (in different keys) make up probably 99% of all songs ever written.

Hope this helps.
Rick

Try here........

http://www.guitarknowledgenet.com/

Seville Guitars

Does anyone know anything about the Seville brand of guitars? I have an S-32 model and have no knowledge about it whatsoever other than it was made in Korea. I love this guitar, it is probably the best sounding guitar I've ever played. If someone has any info on these guitars, please let me know.

Re: Seville Guitars

: Does anyone know anything about the Seville brand of guitars? I have an S-32 model and have no knowledge about it whatsoever other than it was made in Korea. I love this guitar, it is probably the best sounding guitar I've ever played. If someone has any info on these guitars, please let me know.

Im sorry but i dont have any info. However i have a seville guitar also. all i noe is that it may not be a pouplar name brand like gibson or fender, but it is the best playing, best sounding, and the best guitar i own.

1954 Gibson Chet Atkins

where can I get an appraisal for a 1954 Gibson chet atkins model guitar? I live near New York City.

Re: 1954 Gibson Chet Atkins

: where can I get an appraisal for a 1954 Gibson chet atkins model guitar? I live near New York City.

Re: 1954 Gibson Chet Atkins

: : where can I get an appraisal for a 1954 Gibson chet atkins model guitar? I live near New York City.

RE: 54 chet atkins
Send me some pics - I'll give high and low end - is it for sale? Original case? I pay cash.

Marshall Studio 15 question

I have a Marshall Studio 15 with a manufactured date of 29-8-85 Serial number T24801. The speaker in this amp is not like other Studio 15's I've seen. It has a square back with no manufacturer's name. There are numbers stamped on square part; 30065 and 67:8334

I'm wondering if Marshall used a different speaker in the earlier Studio 15 amps, if this is the original speaker or if not the original what it is. The amp sounds great as is, just wondering what it is. Thanks for any insight anyone might have.

Re: Marshall Studio 15 question

The original speaker is a Celestion Vintage 30.

Best all around guitar?

Best all around guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Best all around guitar?

Valley Arts Guitars

Web site seems to be down. Anyone know if they are still in business?

Re: Valley Arts Guitars

: Web site seems to be down. Anyone know if they are still in business?

No but Gibson bought thwe name and is making the Strat copies. I saw them at thwe namm show.

KR

Re: Valley Arts Guitars

: Web site seems to be down. Anyone know if they are still in business?

Check out valleyartsdirect.com in Nashville,TN.

mini guitar

does anyone know a site of someone that makes a mini replica of a guitar? Please e mail LoriC320@aol.com if you have any info about this.

Thanks

Changing nylon strings

When I change the nylon strings on my acoustic, the string keeps slipping and so it's always flat. Can you help?

Re: Changing nylon strings

wrap the string around the tuner, than make sure you slip the string under itself as it come around.
Lee

Re: Changing nylon strings

: When I change the nylon strings on my acoustic, the string keeps slipping and so it's always flat. Can you help?
Tie a knot in the string if you need to do what ever you have to also nylon strings take a few days to settle down. So just keep just keep retuning til they settle

Westone Electra guitar

I was wondering if anyone has info on this . The sites I have been to have been kinda vague, and cant seem to find this model. It is a SOLID body, w/ 2hb, 1sc,and very fast action. Is there a way to run ser# and get info?

westone spectrum series 2 electrics

I'm searchin for a summary how to repair the electric things on my bassguitar, i went to a guitarshop a year ago. they've made a mistake with the wires. so can anybody tell where i can find the scematics for a westone spectrum series 2?????

hi

hai

GUITAR SOUNDS LIKE A SAXAPHONE

HI THERE,
I AM VEY INTO SAXAPHONE JAZZ AND GUITAR JAZZ AND I WANT TO COMBINE THEM IN GUITAR THAT SOUNDS LIKE SAXAPHONE.ANY ADVICE STOMPBOXES CHAINS? SYNTHESOUNDS AND SO.

Re: GUITAR SOUNDS LIKE A SAXAPHONE

Moog MoogerFooger have 3 or 4 guitar pedals out, also checkout the electro-harmonix stuff, those pedals will give you something like a sax type tone.
Lee

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.