Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2004

Archive for posts from March, 2004

ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

!!WANTED!! Rare Ovation Guitar!!!

does anyone have an Ovation GP1-s for sale. the one josh homme uses as i really want to buy one and have searched for ages and i still can't find one.

Re: !!WANTED!! Rare Ovation Guitar!!!

i want to sell such a guitar at any price i may evan give it free

Mako guitar

Mako guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mako guitar

Pick Guard on Les Paul

as im sure most of you know some les paul models have pick guards...i was wondering if they're covering up anything...because personally i dontlike the pick guard...and im planning on buying a les paul and i want to take it off...just wondering if its covering up and wiring or anything like that

Re: Pick Guard on Les Paul

they dont cover anything Sam, its quite safe to take them off, just 2 screws, most people do just that.
Lee

Re: Pick Guard on Les Paul

i own a lespaul am i'm proud to tell you that by unscrewing two screws on the side and bottom of the boddy/pickgaurd you can remove it as if it never was there. and it covers nothing. i love gibson !

washburn af 40 v

washburn af 40 v

This popular thread has been given its own page : washburn af 40 v

need help please

i own a beautiful 1978 ibanez. it is very unique and i absoluteley cannot find another like it.it has the typical mother of pearl inlay on the head in the logo.
the body has a white inlaid rim and there is no pickguard. all gold plated and on them are butterflies inside a cirlce.the backs of the tuning knobs are black with gold stars in the middle. it has 4 glass pickups. i am having serious trouble finding the specific model and just another like it. i would be very gratefull to anyone who can help me..

Did i pick a good guitar

I just bought a Jackson S20 and a Marshall MG100hdfx with 412 slant cab...do u think it will sound good

Re: Did i pick a good guitar

: I just bought a Jackson S20 and a Marshall MG100hdfx with 412 slant cab...do u think it will sound good

its not a bad combo. it really depends on what kind of sound your looking for. with guitars the more money you spend the better the guitar.

Re: Did i pick a good guitar

Thats a good combination for metal/hard rock for sure. Good luck. Jacksons are nice guitars and even the cheaper marshalls hold they're own to the higher end competitors solid state amps

Metronome

what is if for exactly? and is it worth picking one up?

Re: Metronome

it tick tocks, its for keeping time, you can set various BPM (Beats per minute) if you set it for 110 it will tick tock 110 times in a minute, you can get them built into some guitar tuners, useful things to have (especialy for drummers) but i wouldnt go out of my way to buy one,
>ee

Nichole Nordeman Every Season

Could someone please get me a keyboard tab for Nichole Nordeman's Every Season?
thanks!

thunder 1A

Looking for spare pickups and volume/tone control knobs. Can anyone help?

Re: thunder 1A

http://www.wdmusicproducts.com/

lee.

i need help wiv a download for cords ect

i just want to no what is a good thing to download for a cords thing. thank you for your help

Re: i need help wiv a download for cords ect

can you rephrase the question, what are you trying to do??

Lee

Re: i need help wiv a download for cords ect

like are there any good programs 2 download 2 help me practice cords ect
: Lee

Samick

I have a samick electric guitar which I bought used and I've been trying to find model info on the net but unsuccessful. The back of the guitar has a serial # and a model # that says "YJ560-TR" Does anyone kow how I can find some info?

Jazz and Blues

i know that usually, jazz and blues involves Lucille Les Paul's and all...but can it involve other guitars cuz i know a strat isnt an exception...but i dont know what other guitars...like...what kind of hollow bodies and all
thnx
M.J.

Re: Jazz and Blues

any guitar is made for pretty much any guitar is made for blues, i was looking through the encyclopaedia of jazz and blues and there are guys playing flying v's and jags and stuff

well..

jazz and blues is pretty vague. if your talking jazz fusion, there are guys out there playing ibanez rg's and what not. eric johnson plays a strat, and a gibson es335. mike stern plays a tele.

but if your talking about traditional jazz, hollowbodys give the standard tone. you sacrifice sustain, but great fat acoustic tones can be achieved
with full hollow guitars (ie, Es 137)

semi hollows produce very warm smoothe sounds, but not as much texture. these guitars are ideal for mixing traditional jazz with rock and blues influences. my favorite would be pat methenys signature ibanez model.

Gibson SG Standard

Im thinking of updating my guitar, i played a new SG standard at teh store teh other day and was blown away. I played a LP std, thought "hm this is nice" but was then completely taken aback by the SG. Soo, to all u SG players or anyone w/ advice- how do u guys like the sound/playability/versitality etc of the sg. I play rock an heavy metal. Also, i hear nowadays Gibson's quality is low, should i go for a used one? if so wat year? thanx

Re: Gibson SG Standard

HEY
I just bought an sg standard for $750 used (DAMN GOOD PRICE I THINK). I love it, the sound is amazing! i would say that if you could find a gibson sg standard in good condition for less that $900 you should get it. But yes gibson's quality is not as good as it used to be but i hear that their standards have stayed good quality but gone waaay up in price.

Re: Gibson SG Standard

I have a '89 les paul standard, and a '98 SG standard, they both sound very different, they play very different too, they are both absolutly fantastic instruments, but the one i play most is the SG, it has such a tone variation between the 2 pickups, always puts a smile on my face when i play it, go for the SG, dont know about build quality, but if i was you i'd save the money and go for a good used one.
Lee

Marshall DSL100 OR DSL50?????

Hi,

I am about to buy a Marshall DSL100 or DSL50 and here in Australia there is only about $100AU diffrence not much at all in the price.. i was told that the DSL50 was better because you can turn it right up without any problems where the DSL100 will have? is this true? at teh moment im running a solid state amp an its loud as hell but solidstate as you all know is shit!

PLEASE HELP?

Re: Marshall DSL100 OR DSL50?????

the 50 will blow the tiles off the roof, the 100 will blow the roof off with the tiles!, both are going to be damn loud, are you going to play them in a band? just at home?

No in a band.. we are pretty loud.. and my other guitarist has a JCM800 100watt and my bassplayer has a full stack which is insaine! and i have a half stack but a crappy solid state head using my Boss GT-6 to emulate a pre-amp soldano amp.. but it just dose not cut the cake at the moment its loud but not good..

go for the 100, it will be a bit louder, you have a master volume and gain for each channel, you should get a decent low volume sound out of it too, if you are in a band and you need the headroom then the 100 is the choice to go for.
Lee

Crucianelli acoustic c-20

Crucianelli  acoustic c-20

This popular thread has been given its own page : Crucianelli acoustic c-20

Standel Jumbo (hump back) 6 string Guitar

I purchased this beautiful guitar way back in the 60's from a busker in London. UK. I gave the guy a straight £100 there and then, and also got the hardcase. I have been told it is very rare and now wish to part with it. Can anyone help with a valuation please?

Floyd Rose vs Tune-o-matic

Floyd Rose vs Tune-o-matic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Floyd Rose vs Tune-o-matic

looking for guitarist

I'm from Northern Nj and am currently trying to get a punk/emo band started. we have a drummer, singer, rythm guitar and bass...so we are in need of a lead guitarist (that can sing back-up..if not it doesn't matter)...we range in age from 18-21...influences are thursday, stars hide fire, hidden in plain view, taking back sunday....if interested e-mail louiedog8396@aol.com

looking for guitarist

I'm from Northern Nj and am currently trying to get a punk/emo band started. we have a drummer, singer, rythm guitar and bass...so we are in need of a lead guitarist (that can sing back-up..if not it doesn't matter)...we range in age from 18-21...influences are thursday, stars hide fire, hidden in plain view, taking back sunday....if interested e-mail louiedog8396@aol.com

Question on identifying a guitar.

Yes hello, recently I found this very old guitar in my gf's attic, she said I could have it... anyhow, in the process of finding out information about it but.... yup, you guessed it there is a problem... the tag is partially eating away by moths or something, it is a classic, quite small, the the first two letters on the tag visable being "MA...."... the workmanship is good, as is the overall body from what I can tell *carpentry is my hobby*, it doesnt have nasty signs of visable glue, etc.
I have pictures and will take more if anyone thinks they might be of assistance.
Much appreciated.
David

Re: Question on identifying a guitar.

Possibly a Martin?

: Yes hello, recently I found this very old guitar in my gf's attic, she said I could have it... anyhow, in the process of finding out information about it but.... yup, you guessed it there is a problem... the tag is partially eating away by moths or something, it is a classic, quite small, the the first two letters on the tag visable being "MA...."... the workmanship is good, as is the overall body from what I can tell *carpentry is my hobby*, it doesnt have nasty signs of visable glue, etc.
: I have pictures and will take more if anyone thinks they might be of assistance.
: Much appreciated.
: David

eletric guitar

Who invented the eletric guitar

Re: eletric guitar

type that question in google.com and all will be revealed.
Lee

eletric guitar

me

eletric guitar

Who invented the eletric guitar

Buzzing strings

Any suggestion on what causes buzzing string on an acoustic guitar?

Re: Buzzing strings

have you changed strings recently?? if you changed to a lighter gauge it will cause less stress on the neck and cause the neck straighten and the strings to buzz, if its one string in particular on a certain place on the neck it could be a 'proud' fret in which case you have to have your frets stoned by a pro guitar repairer, could be your truss rod needs tweeking or your bridge sadle needs lifting, or the nut on the headstock needs adjusting, tell me more about the problem.
Lee

scorpion guitar

I have a bass guitar.. serial number is CY99051481
anyone know what kind it is or how I can find out?

Songs

Does anybody know any good songs to start out with? I have an acoustic song by i like more rock or punk songs. nothing else

Thnx Sherv

Re: Songs

maybe try this site:

http://www.guitartabbooks.com/freelessons.htm

looks quite good.
Lee

i want free download hindi songs

i want free download hindi songs

This popular thread has been given its own page : i want free download hindi songs

K.Yairi

I also have a 1983 K yairi Model W-1
Any ideas re its background etc

i want to free download all song in kal ho na ho filem

i realy want it because i like the song.

Re: i want to free download all song in kal ho na ho filem

: i realy want it because i like the song.

kal ho na ho

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2019 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.