Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - March, 2004

Archive for posts from March, 2004

ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

mosrite

looking to trade 2 or 3 other brand nice guitars for a mosrite project???
email and lets discuss
rich

TIME SENSITIVE***Need Pricing or any info on a Gibson I have never heard of

Hoping someone can help me with this as soon as possible. A roomate owes me money that he cannot pay and will sell a guitar that I have never heard of to pay his debt. It is a Gibson WRC. I guess it is probably the closest thing to a strat they made, but I can't seem to find any info on it. It looks very much like the Ibanez RG series. It was made in 89, and the serial number is 80039718. If anyone has any info on this particular model, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a million. -Dave

Re: TIME SENSITIVE***Need Pricing or any info on a Gibson I have never heard of

I've seen a few advertised on the Internet and the highest price was $900! They were made between '84 and '86 but were discontinued due to lack of popularity. I'm told Ebay is a good place to find out about them.

Re: TIME SENSITIVE***Need Pricing or any info on a Gibson I have never heard of

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Gibson/WRC-01.html

any good?
Lee

repainting my b.c.rich warlock

i bought a custom paint warlock but the paint is a little messed up i'm trying to get it repainted with loseing the b.c.rich name on it

Re: repainting my b.c.rich warlock

is there a question in here somewhere?

Lee.

Guitar out of tune higher frets

I can tune my guitar and it is ok (open string), but if I press the 6th String (E) on the 5th fret I should get an A note, and it is sharp. Other strings are not as bad... This was not always like this. I never abused nor dropped the guitar. Anybody ever hear of it.
Thanks in advance

Re: Guitar out of tune higher frets

Check the intonation, you need to adjust the saddles on the bridge, if you play a harmonic on the 12th fret, then hold down that string (lightly) on the 12th both notes should sound the same, adjust the saddle for that string until they do sounf the same.
Lee

Pickup Advice.

HI,

I'm in the process of refurbing an old Les paul copy, i've sorted the machine heads ( and various other mechanical defects ) - but have a problem with the pickups ( one doesnt work ! ).

I'd like to upgrade the pickups ( obviously replacing the defective one ) but don't know what to go for.

I'd like somehting a little brighter than the usual quite bassy tone that this guitar usually produces.

Is it possible to get closer to a fender single coil sound for one pickup, and leave the other as a humbucker ( with more punch ) ?

Does anyone have any advice / recommendations on what pickups to try.

I suppose i mostly play bluesy / rock stuff ( HAve a strat and another LP copy - thought i'd try something different with this guitar )

Thanks.

Re: Pickup Advice.

i take it you want to change the bridge pickup? if you do want a single coil sound on a les-paul (ughh!!) then get a normal sized direct replacement for that pickup, a seymour duncan or better still a kent armstrong, and run the pickup to a switch so that you can 'coil tap' it, flick the switch and it uses one of its 2 coils, flick it the other way and it uses both, that way you get the best of both worlds.
Lee

Peavey Bandit Wireing Daigram

If you can help me with a wireing diagram for a peavey bandit guitar amp, please mail me.

RAMONES

DOES ANYBODY HERE KNOW WHERE JOHNNY RAMONE LIVES?

Re: RAMONES

Los Angeles

new york

Alaska

outer mongolia..

: outer mongolia..

East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London England, South of Mars and North of Hell
....beat that :P

OK, you know that planet they just discovered out beyond pluto?? you know the little blue one that takes a hundred years to orbit once round the sun?? well just behind that is where you will find your ramone.
Well and truely sorted.
Lee

Bah!

: OK, you know that planet they just discovered out beyond pluto?? you know the little blue one that takes a hundred years to orbit once round the sun?? well just behind that is where you will find your ramone.
: Well and truely sorted.
: Lee

Fender Serial No. Z1041634

Can anyone date this serial no and tell me where it was made? thanks.

Re: Fender Serial No. Z1041634

:guitar? amp? squier??

LSR roller nut on Les Paul-type neck/headstock

LSR roller nut on Les Paul-type neck/headstock

This popular thread has been given its own page : LSR roller nut on Les Paul-type neck/headstock

acoustic music MP3 download

If anyone is interested, I am putting a free MP3 download of acoustic music on the web every month from my site

this month it is a never-before released track from 1974 or so called 'Stone With a View', recorded in a freezing cold room on a Revox...

It is about the tour I did supporting King Crimson

sample: www.keithchristmas.co.uk/winmedia/stone_clip.wma

the link to the MP3 page is: www.keithchristmas.co.uk/mp3/music_downloads

I'd like to come to Aus to try my hand in a few clubs, (not playing this!) so I'm curious as to what anybody might think

cheers

Has anyone herd of a washburn HM-80

7yrs ago I found this washburn HM-80 in a pawn shop & Im trying to find out about it. It looks & sounds really badass, (no effects needed)Ive surffed the net everywhere & i cant find it. It looks kinda like the dimebag,but much cooler. A friend of mine that works at a pawn shop has a blue book on guitars & it was in there listed as a washburn HM (Heavy Metal)80 & had a value of $1800,, is this model rare?? because I cant find one anywhere on the web or in any music store

Guild Guitar

I have a guild guitar witha serial number of 74016. I believe it was made in 1971. Could someone tell me approximately what it is worth?

Recording new songs with Guitar/Voice

Could you please let me now,what would be the best way for myself to record songs I have wrote.
I play Guitar and do not want to get tide up into to much of a cost .Although I do want quality.
Whats out there and should I buy New!

Hey Im over 50! I can write but am shy of how to.
Thanks

Looking for

I am looking for an Alvarez DY-74 jumbo 6 string flat top with solid spruce top. Does anyone know where I can find one? Please email me. Thanks.

yamaki guitar

Im looking for a full sized 6 string yamaki guitar. I live in southern B.C. Write soon

ACE FREHLEY LES PAUL

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I COULD FIND A WIRING SCHEMATIC FOR THE EPIPHONE ACE FREHLEY LES PAUL

chords and modes

What is the easiest way to work out which chords go with which modes. I've tried other formulas but i can't get my head round it?

Guild D-25ch

I have a Guild acoustic guitar model D-25 with a cherry finished top. Anyone have a clue as to how old it is?

Goya T-16??

Can anyone tell me about a Goya T-16?

Thank you.
guitar@device9.com

Fender tele wiring schematics

I'm in need of wiring schematics for differant telecaster pickups and control plate. Can anyone help me find some? Thanks. Rick

Re: Fender tele wiring schematics

go to seymourduncan.com they have a ton..

epiphone noel gallagher

can anybody tell me the cheapest place to buy an epiphone noel gallagher from or if anybody has got one for sale secondhand cheers duncan

Re: epiphone noel gallagher

try cooks in hanwell

Re: epiphone noel gallagher

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3714540582&category=2384

its an ebay shop.
Lee

sg sbg 2000, 1000

I would spend up to 600 maybe more.

bc rich warlock

: I would spend up to 600 maybe more.

Crate GX212+ humming

I recently aquired this amp minus the speakers. When I hook the speakers up, it makes a loud humming noise and no signal comes through. It doesn't matter what channel it is on. When I go through the speaker out into another amp, it works fine. The speakers that I have are only 50 watt and the amp is rated at 120 w RMS. Even when I turn down all of the pots it still hums at the same volume. It sounds like a speaker hook-up problem. Any help?

iofo about a gibson u2 or a gibson sonex 180 costum

hi, idw like to recive information about these guitars and tell me which one is better and if the better one is juust better or also a good guitar.

and one more thing.. is the u2 a one piece?

thanks

Re: iofo about a gibson u2 or a gibson sonex 180 costum

: hi, idw like to recive information about these guitars and tell me which one is better and if the better one is juust better or also a good guitar.

: and one more thing.. is the u2 a one piece?

: thanks

Hi well I bought a dark green Gibson U2 in 1989....
My first proper guitar...I still have it..and it's a great guitar...worth way more than i paid for it now...the neck is the best part...a through neck like u say...and perfectly straight...never had a prob with this guitar...has a coil tap..which when u push in gives u an extra edge on overdriven sounds...and has like 4 switches...for pickups...u can have so many tones...like lovely clean crystal ones..i have only ever seen 1 other guy with guitar like mine...a red 1 .. and we did gig together...so they are pretty rare...hope this is of use to u...:)

Zoom 9000

Can anyone tell me the milliamperage(mA) for the Zoom 9000 adapter? Also, where can I find a PDF manual for this unit?

Re: Zoom 9000

Hello Did you get this info? zoom 9000
output dc 7.5v 200 mA

I too am looking for a manual. Did you locate one? Would appreciate a link. Thanks
GDAVIS
Kano, Nigeria

Can anyone tell me the milliamperage(mA) for the Zoom 9000 adapter? Also, where can I find a PDF manual for this unit?

Zoom 9000

own one
how's Kano, Nigeria

Re: Zoom 9000

: Can anyone tell me the milliamperage(mA) for the Zoom 9000 adapter? Also, where can I find a PDF manual for this unit?

It is dc 7.5 v 200mA (+ (c) -) center negative

Les Paul Custom I.D.

Les Paul Custom I.D.

This popular thread has been given its own page : Les Paul Custom I.D.

Charvel Acoustic Surfcaster Bass

I recently acquired a Charvel Surfcaster Bass, not the usual with 2 lipstick pickups etc. but this one is an acoustic with built in active pickup and eq.
Can anyone give me any information on it such as manufacture year, value or anything.

Looking for Name of Song and artist-"No Girl, In The Whole World"

Looking for Name of Song and artist-"No Girl, In The Whole World"

This popular thread has been given its own page : Looking for Name of Song and artist-"No Girl, In The Whole World"

Yngwie Malmsteen

Hi there,
Im desperatly trying to get yngwie him self to see this. If you can publise it anywhere that would be a great help. Even watching it is appreciated! check this out! my mate made it!
http://www.tarquin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/malmsteen.html
Adam

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.