Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - April, 2004

Archive for posts from April, 2004

ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Ibanez LS380

I have an Ibanez Lonestar Series model LS380 that is in excellent condition and was wondering if anyone would know its approximate value. I paid $50.00 for it and an Epiphone MM-30 mandolin back in 1989. Any help would be appreciated

Ibanez LS380

I have an Ibanez Lonestar Series model LS380 that is in excellent condition and was wondering if anyone would know its approximate value. I paid $50.00 for it and an Epiphone MM-30 mandolin back in 1989. Any help would be appreciated

info

please let me know how to asscess and download hindi songs

gp4

.....need free gp4 full version.... from what website will i find it?

Wayne Static Flying V

Does anyone know when the Wayne Static Epiphone Flying-V will be on sale.

Re: Wayne Static Flying V

It already is, click link below.

Epiphone Wayne Static V

The quest for Vox

Hi folks. I'm based in England, and I'm trying to restore/do up an old JMI Vox AC30 amp. I have a superb fully working chassis, and the blue speakers, but I have no cab. Can anyone suggest where I can find a Vox cab (combo or head unit...I dont care as long as I get this beauty up and running!), or perhaps have one to sell. All I need is a cab to get this amp out and playing again.

Cheers,

Jimi

Re: The quest for Vox

Jimi- Try North Coast Music out of Wisconsin, USA. The guy builds empty ac30 cabs. WOuld be perfect for what you are looking for. I on the other hand am in the opposite position, I am looking to get my hands on a ac30 chassis. Any hints?

Thanks, Chris

value

Does anybody know what the price of a new Epi model D-14 acoustic steel string guitar is?

Shiro Classical Guitars

Does anyone know where I can find information about Shiro classical guitars. I know they may be closely related to the Aria guitars, but that is it. Aria website offers no information...

I need this information to estimate the value of my model A376 for insurance purposes.

pole

HEY! ive got a new pole
what are the best strings for an eletric guitar????

Looking for an OVATION ULTRA GP 1431

Anyone selling a black or cherry colored ovation ultra gp out there?
I'd love to get one. I'd be inteested in any color, but prefer black or cherry.

Gibson Guitar Model L1 (1906)

Does anyone know the value of this guitar ?It is in its original case and no restoration.

Gibson Guitar Model L1 (1906)

Does anyone know the value of this guitar ?It is in its original case and no restoration.

Re: Gibson Guitar Model L1 (1906)

Do you want to sell?
The price is depend on condition.

Re: Gibson Guitar Model L1 (1906)

: Does anyone know the value of this guitar ?It is in its original case and no restoration.

I just saw an L-1 for $1400 1914 minus the pick guard
decent condition...sounds great!

Need info.

Does anyone know anything about the Seville brand of guitars? I have an S-32 model and have no knowledge about it whatsoever other than it was made in Korea. I love this guitar, it is probably the best sounding guitar I've ever played. If someone has any info on these guitars, please let me know.

Buying your first guitar

Hello:

I have a small record label w/ my 6 titles and 3 by my friend David Hoffman (Arranger/Trumpet soloist for Ray Charles). I have also been a guitar builder for 20 years, and I just wrote an artixle on BUYING YOUR FIRST (OR SECOND ) GUITAR.

My web site is here www.pauladams.org. The specific address for those of you interested is www.pauladams.org/Buyingaguitar.html

I try to keep it simple but also offer maintanence tips. I plan on making this article ongoing to include other tips.

Unfortuantely I do not take orders for Guitars anymore. My time is mostly spent composing music soI'm not soliciting for that. Just thought this may make the buying process a no brainer.

Many Thanks

Paul Adams

Re: Buying your first guitar

thanks for the great tips!

: Hello:

: I have a small record label w/ my 6 titles and 3 by my friend David Hoffman (Arranger/Trumpet soloist for Ray Charles). I have also been a guitar builder for 20 years, and I just wrote an artixle on BUYING YOUR FIRST (OR SECOND ) GUITAR.

: My web site is here www.pauladams.org. The specific address for those of you interested is www.pauladams.org/Buyingaguitar.html

: I try to keep it simple but also offer maintanence tips. I plan on making this article ongoing to include other tips.

: Unfortuantely I do not take orders for Guitars anymore. My time is mostly spent composing music soI'm not soliciting for that. Just thought this may make the buying process a no brainer.

: Many Thanks

: Paul Adams

Yamaha APX-20

Hi!
I have a Yamaha APX-20 from 1993 and am considering selling it. I am trying to determine its re-sale vaue. It was purchased new and is in mint condition...white, lots of M.O.P. in-lays, stereo pick-up. It looks amazing and plays just as nicely! No case. But still have the owner's manual and stereo cord.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Renee

Re: Yamaha APX-20

i have an apx-10 and i would value mine at £150, i would imagine yours would have to be £180 or $300.
Lee.

Ibanez Steve Vai JEM7V FS

new

ibanez

The GSA60 is nice sounding and well built for the money

Guitar tabs

Please Send me guitar Tabs for song 'Hotel California'

Re: Guitar tabs

: Please Send me guitar Tabs for song 'Hotel California'

dum dum dum dum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ple!

Amp Squeeling

I have two amps that both squeel like a mofo if the chord is not tweaked right in the input. How does this happen, ive never had this problem with any of my other amps. Is it the imput? and if so how do i replace that?

Re: Amp Squeeling

first of all try a different guitar and cord, check for any loose wires behind the input plug in the amps, make sure you pull the power cord out first.
Lee

WANTED LEFTY YAMAHA SBG, SG SERIES

ANY YAMAHA SBG OR SG SERIES 3000 MODEL DOWN TO THE 200

Re: WANTED LEFTY YAMAHA SBG, SG SERIES

: ANY YAMAHA SBG OR SG SERIES 3000 MODEL DOWN TO THE 200

I've got a black one! What r u looking to spend?

Re: WANTED LEFTY YAMAHA SBG, SG SERIES

: : ANY YAMAHA SBG OR SG SERIES 3000 MODEL DOWN TO THE 200

: I've got a black one! What r u looking to spend?

I might be interested in the lefty Yamaha.

I wanna paint my guitar

Hey i have they body to a Gibson SG standard. i bought it from my friend, but the problem is that he sanded off the paint and tried to stain it. So i was wondering if i could spray paint it. after tapping everything up of course. Would this hurt its tone?

Re: I wanna paint my guitar

wont hurt the tone but it might hurt the eyes if its not done properly, you should spend 90% of your time preparing the wood for spraying, make sure you apply a good undercoat, get some real fine grit paper 1200-1400 grit, rub down each coat as you spray it, the more time you spend on the rubbing down process the better the results, rub down the coats gently by hand, when you spray try and do it in a dust free zone, dont do it outside on a windy day, always give each coat the maximum time for drying between coats, give it 3 undercoats and 6 tops coats, ive done this before to project guitars and i get some pretty good results, can i say that the SG standard has one of the best guitar tones ever, ive owned one for 6 years, its my main gigging guitar, it goes everywhere with me, i have a few others but nothing get played like the SG, it looks pretty awful, but my god can you get tone from it. good choice.
Lee

hey slash,
just wondering what type of paint do you use when painting your guitar. i have a telecaster ive sanded it down which has taken the shine off of it. What do i do next?

you could go and buy a clear sealer spray that over the top and as long as its a glossy sealer itll look good

hey slash,
just wondering what type of paint do you use when painting your guitar. i have a telecaster ive sanded it down which has taken the shine off of it. What do i do next?
you could go and buy a clear sealer spray that over the top and as long as its a glossy sealer itll look good

i wanna know if there is a place in las angeles where i could paint my guitar because the paint on my guitar is chipping

I wana paint my bass too, will it muck uup stuff, sould i get a friend that does art to do it

Mat

how much is my 1964 framus television worth

I was wondering if anybody could give me any type of info on this guitar and what it's possible worth may be. It is in very "pristeen"? condition. Thankyou for your time.
Wyatt

free chord melody at robertconti.com

robert conti is giving away a free chord melody arrangement at his websie, http://www.robertconti.com
There's also a clip from one of his instructional videos, looks like a gem!

epiphone LP special II?

what do you guys think of the epiphone LP special II? theres a deal for the Epi LP special II with an epiphone 10 watt , strap, gig bag, tuner.. for 239. what do you guys think?

Re: epiphone LP special II?

as a starter guitar and setup it sounds very good, ive not hears that guitar but epiphone make excellent guitars, pick ups have improved over the past few years so i would recomend buying a new one, is it korean made? for that money you cant go wrong.
Lee

Re: epiphone LP special II?

I used to have one - my first electric. Really loved it and wish i hadn't sold it. Luckily, i got a similar model recently - the Junior which I believe is discontinued. Same neck and body, different hardware. Good solid guitar and easier to sell on than a Squier Strat!!

Miles Limberis thoughts

Hey if you are on line please look me up.
Love ali

Re: Miles Limberis thoughts

hi Ali. please do the same!

Great guitar site

Hi all,
I just opened a great guitar site check it out http://www.GuitarKnowledgeNet.com it's completly free and packed with info.

connecting external cabinet to an vox ac30

connecting external cabinet to an vox ac30

This popular thread has been given its own page : connecting external cabinet to an vox ac30

Boss ME-6 effects peddle

Does any one out their have or know how to get a hold of an instruction manual for a BOSS ME-6 effects peddle? Please advise. Cheers, Scott

Re: Boss ME-6 effects peddle

: Does any one out their have or know how to get a hold of an instruction manual for a BOSS ME-6 effects peddle? Please advise. Cheers, Scott

Re: Boss ME-6 effects peddle

: : Does any one out their have or know how to get a hold of an instruction manual for a BOSS ME-6 effects peddle? Please advise. Cheers, Scott
I have the original manual and could make you a copy. Tell me where to send it.
Tom

Les Paul Custom Question...

im thinkin of buying an Epip les pual custom (black with gold hardware) and replacing the stock pickups with some EMGs...but im thinkin th plain black EMGs may look a little weird on the shiny black black...what do you think?...because i love the custom...but i dont like how everything on it is gold...i looks too "blues" for my liking....i play metal....

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.