Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2004

Archive for posts from May, 2004

ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

export information

Hi. I'm in Bangkok/Thailand and would like to import used electric guitars from USA in a lot of 10+/-. I could not find the source. I need advice.

let me get this straight...

yur importing weapons grade plutonium?
:

Submit your band or guitar site to the 2000 Guitars database

You can get your listing on GuitarSite by filling out the form <a href="http://www.guitarsite.com/addsite.htm">here</a>.

Win 4Front Mastering Bundle

Five separate DirectX and VST mastering plug-ins for Windows

What do you get in the 4Front Mastering Bundle? Check it out:
4Front XLimiter
4Front Auxiter
4Front Sand Brush
4Front Contour Max
Bonus Plug-in: 4Front YLimiter

<a href="http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/1982/">http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/news/1982/</a>

Vox AD120VTX

Just got this amp and I can't access all of the factory preset programs. My amp won't access banks 5 through 8. I can only get banks 1 through 4. So I am only getting 16 orf the 32 factory presets. What's my problem?

Re: Vox AD120VTX

: Just got this amp and I can't access all of the factory preset programs. My amp won't access banks 5 through 8. I can only get banks 1 through 4. So I am only getting 16 orf the 32 factory presets. What's my problem?

You have banks 5 - 8 as banks 1. - 4. there is a difference than the 1 - 4.

Cuistic goutar strings & picks that hold strings down

I would like to know if you cell regular goutar picks & regular strings for my acuistic goutar please. Because I need a new set from each of them.
Thankyou

bass EQ for guitar

I have a bass EQ that I may start using as my guitar EQ. It is a Boss GEB-7 Bass Equalizer. What is the difference between this EQ and the guitar EQ? Will it sound any different?

Re: bass EQ for guitar

alright awesome.

Francisscan model cn5??

Its a Franciscan classical guitar.. says cn5 inside and someone wants to sell it to me.. how much is it worth? and are they any good at all? is it going to be worth my 50 bucks or what?

Ovation 1685 Adamas II

I was given a beatiful yet odd guitar as a gift.
It is an 82' Ovation 1685 Adamas II. The guitar was setup with both left handed and right handed features. I was told it was made for a specific artist however I don't know who the artist is. If anyone is familiar with Ovation Adamas guitars and who
the artists are they were made for let me know. The guitar appears to be all factory original. If your an Ovation junkie and would like help me out let me know and I'll send you a few photos.

antoria star bass

what are star basses worth? mine keeps falling apart

myles is a geek name

u must be a geek, myles

Re: antoria star bass

cant be much of a star guitar then.

learning

hey ima 9 year old kid and i wanna be a musician when i grow up,what kind og guitar should i have my mom buy me?thanks

Re: learning

Hey,
how's it going buddy, its always good to have new guitarists come along, for the guitar, i strongly suggest you start with a classical or accoustic guitar and work your way up to an electric. it doesnt matter what brand just classical or accoustic will do you fine
Good Luck
M.J.

: hey ima 9 year old kid and i wanna be a musician when i grow up,what kind og guitar should i have my mom buy me?thanks

That's the same age I started to learn. Definitely start with an acoustic guitar. You don't want a $2000 Gibson to start with, but you don't want necessarily want a Sears & Roebuck guitar either (mine was from a "cigar factory"...yech). E-mail me with any questions. Glad to help a budding musician.

listen punk

dont listen to these other fools get yurself a nice 2grand gibson and yull make it to the top in no time.
remember though,its a long way to the top if ya wanna rock n roll!

thanks all

thank u so much for youre advice and words of encouragementp.s matt sucks!

too many matts!

no the damn kid stole my name!what is this a mall colony, god!

i recommend an electric first, mayb a yam. pacifica 012 / 112, theyre v good for the money.

ANYONE WANTS TO SEL A PARKER FLY.

THER THE BEST LOKING GUITARS PLEASE SELL ME ONE!!!!

no

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Re: no

is that a final no? or can you be persuaded to part with your parker matt? we all know you have one, it's nothing to be ashamed of, we are all here to help, just admit it, tell us the colour and model, and we promised to rip the piss out of you...

gibson 4ever

HELL NO IMA GIBSON MAN AND DONT U FORGET IT LIMEY

Re: gibson 4ever

FOOL FOOL FOOL FOOL FOOL FOOL
*wierdo

Desising which to choose Yamaha FG450SC or FG461S

Desising which to choose Yamaha FG450SC or FG461S

This popular thread has been given its own page : Desising which to choose Yamaha FG450SC or FG461S

silly poo

BLAH BLAH BLAH
I BUM LEE

the other matt does its true

he does it to him every night.Hev wants the whole world 2 know

DOOKIE GI TAR

this is so liek dookie bears in pajamas!! when i play fruit salad yummy yummy on my gi tar i find it lovely that i am soo relaxed after i take a dookie

ESP Clone

Hello all, i am making a ESP strat custom clone just like the one in the "One" video by metallica in which Kirk plays the guitar, so i need some help. I need some ESP headstock decals(preferably ESP Custom) but ill easily settle for ESP as the logo. Also i am looking for seafoam green guitar paint and need to know where to find some of these things, if anybody has a bunch of ESP tuners and ESP neckplate, and 3 ESP single coil pickups, or an actual ESP Strat style Neck, id love to buy em from you, SO, email me with any supplies you might have for sale or for donation and i hope to have it done soon. Thanks to all for looking and im out for now. Trevor

Re: ESP Clone

Do yourself a favor...buy a Fender Strat

: Hello all, i am making a ESP strat custom clone just like the one in the "One" video by metallica in which Kirk plays the guitar, so i need some help. I need some ESP headstock decals(preferably ESP Custom) but ill easily settle for ESP as the logo. Also i am looking for seafoam green guitar paint and need to know where to find some of these things, if anybody has a bunch of ESP tuners and ESP neckplate, and 3 ESP single coil pickups, or an actual ESP Strat style Neck, id love to buy em from you, SO, email me with any supplies you might have for sale or for donation and i hope to have it done soon. Thanks to all for looking and im out for now. Trevor

Re: ESP Clone

Ok that kind of destroys the reason of making a clone, hence i am making a clone, so im afraid not, i dont feel like stripping down a P.O.S. guitar paint job and headstock and ruining the whole damn guitar, id rather buy the kit i have and paint it to be just like the model Kirk uses,
Trevor

: Do yourself a favor...buy a Fender Strat

: : Hello all, i am making a ESP strat custom clone just like the one in the "One" video by metallica in which Kirk plays the guitar, so i need some help. I need some ESP headstock decals(preferably ESP Custom) but ill easily settle for ESP as the logo. Also i am looking for seafoam green guitar paint and need to know where to find some of these things, if anybody has a bunch of ESP tuners and ESP neckplate, and 3 ESP single coil pickups, or an actual ESP Strat style Neck, id love to buy em from you, SO, email me with any supplies you might have for sale or for donation and i hope to have it done soon. Thanks to all for looking and im out for now. Trevor

HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE STRINGS ON A STRATOCASTER?

First of all, i am the proud owner of a Sqier Strat [it's just like a fender stratocaster], but am mad because today i broke my .011 [B] string, and i don't know how to change it. so, if you could please email me with info, i would be a very happy person.

The Cheatar [a 15 foot stratocaster with a picture of the cheat on it]

Dear Peoples of Strongbadia,
I wanted to anounce the arrival of the Cheatar! The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame asked us to paint a 15 foot fiberglass guitar for them to display! When i first saw it, i might have yelled HOLY CRAP, or did i? Anywho, come check it out! it'll probably only be on the site for so long. Directions:
1. Go to www.homestarrunner.com
2. wait for the icon in the upper-right hand corner to say "what we did last week" [and then click on it]
3. sift flour and mix dry ingredients together

see you there [i hope i get my can of peas open][written by Nate the great who goes to Wainwright]

Re: The Cheatar [a 15 foot stratocaster with a picture of the cheat on it]

: Dear Peoples of Strongbadia,
: I wanted to anounce the arrival of the Cheatar! The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame asked us to paint a 15 foot fiberglass guitar for them to display! When i first saw it, i might have yelled HOLY CRAP, or did i? Anywho, come check it out! it'll probably only be on the site for so long. Directions:
: 1. Go to www.homestarrunner.com
: 2. wait for the icon in the upper-right hand corner to say "what we did last week" [and then click on it]
: 3. sift flour and mix dry ingredients together

: see you there [i hope i get my can of peas open][written by Nate the great who goes to Wainwright]

that thing is awesome!

HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE STRINGS ON A STRATOCASTER?

First of all, i am the proud owner of a Sqier Strat [it's just like a fender stratocaster], but am mad because today i broke my .011 [B] string, and i don't know how to change it. so, if you could please email me with info, i would be a very happy person.

Re: HOW DO YOU CHANGE THE STRINGS ON A STRATOCASTER?

It depends on what style bridge your guitar has. Is it fixed, tremolo, string-through? Each is strung differently.

Phil

AH MAN.... YOU ARE IN A SERIOUS BIG BIG PROBLEM...... A BROKEN STRING.... GOD!... YOU BETTER TAKE YAR "SQUIRE" OR WHATEVER IT SPELLS TO A PROFESSIONAL.... IT MAY BE EXPENSIVE... BUT WHO CARES!... GOOD LOCK!

: First of all, i am the proud owner of a Sqier Strat [it's just like a fender stratocaster], but am mad because today i broke my .011 [B] string, and i don't know how to change it. so, if you could please email me with info, i would be a very happy person.

Hit it with a hammer, that always works. If it doesnt try glue or gum. If all above fails, burn it and commit suicide.

hindi songs

please download in "tere nam" film songs

Yamaha SG 2000 for sale.

Auction and info up at Ebay.
Last day...
http://tinyurl.com/2nfj2

my pick ups are noisey

hi dudes
i encountered a problem as my first mid and last register makes a noise like zzzzz !!
ok i have a stratocaster mexican
what the hell is going on with my pick ups?expired?
i have a live for next week and i'm in a rush
helpp meeee
tnx
cheers

Re: my pick ups are noisey

Your first problem is the fact that it's a Mex strat with single coils. You could try to change out the pickups for something a little higher end or go with single coiled size humbuckers. Also, you could have a loose ground, or some crappy solder joints in the electronics. Changing out all of the electronics is probably the way to go.

Before you go and tear your guitar apart hoping that new pickups will solve the problem, take it to your local guitar shop and have a qualified tech take a look at them. It could just be a simple wiring repair. No need to sink a bunch of money into new pickups just yet. Your stock pickups are quite good.

Phil

I don't know what your guitar techs charge but where I'm at it's $50 just to open it up. And if something is wrong...god help you. About 1/3 the cost of new pickups, anyway, just for the looksy.

alternate tunings advice PLEASE

Hi.

I want some advice on alternate tunings. I've been putting together some songs together on guitar and piano, but I wanted to figure out the easiest way to figure out the easiest fingerings using tunings to do this (as many as open strings as possible). Is there a programme online, where I can programme in the different notes I'm using within each chord that brings up the easiest placings in different tunings (I'm open minded about the note order). I don't mind tuning a string up a semitone or down a tone as I've got a small body guitar.

Thanks

thought 4 the day

anyone notice how no one on this forum other than me knows what their talking about?anyone?

Re: thought 4 the day

there are 2 Matts, and yes i have noticed that too Matt, you are truely worthy of the title 'Mr know it all' we always come to you for expert advice and we always take you for your word, lets give matt a big hand everyone, well done old boy.

so true

I really am everyones go to guy, lee, old buddy ol pall,u wish u knew as much as me and u wish u played as well as me to !

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.