Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2004

Archive for posts from May, 2004

ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

What Electric Guitar Package for beginner?

Hello,
I'm in middle school and found Behring V Tone Electric Guitar pkg for $120. I also heard Silvertone Electric Guitar pkg for $170 is good. These include AMP, Cables etc. What brand can anyone recommend to me.
I will be learning to play and want to keep it 1-2 yrs. Thank you for any reply.

Anne

Re: What Electric Guitar Package for beginner?

The strat starter pack is supposed to be very good.
give that a try.

I must disagree with the strat pack id liek you to email me because i am in highschool and even though im young i work in a guitar shop and happens to be the strat pack isnt very good, so far top of the line is the LTD M-10 package. Just search it up, i dont think its very expensive prolly bout what you want to pay and it has great equal ammounts of clean and distorted sound and tone, if you dont like that have a look at some b.c.rich starter packs which include te metal master pack and such more
Trevor
: Hello,
: I'm in middle school and found Behring V Tone Electric Guitar pkg for $120. I also heard Silvertone Electric Guitar pkg for $170 is good. These include AMP, Cables etc. What brand can anyone recommend to me.
: I will be learning to play and want to keep it 1-2 yrs. Thank you for any reply.
:
: Anne

if i was you i wouldnt spend my money on new starter kits, i'd buy a good used guitar and a little used amp.

: Hello,
: I'm in middle school and found Behring V Tone Electric Guitar pkg for $120. I also heard Silvertone Electric Guitar pkg for $170 is good. These include AMP, Cables etc. What brand can anyone recommend to me.
: I will be learning to play and want to keep it 1-2 yrs. Thank you for any reply.
:
: Anne

Ibanez Jumpstart JS40 Guitar Package

The Jumpstart Package has everything you need to get started playing now. Although the Jumpstart is affordable it is far from being a generic starter package. You get a quality Ibanez GRX electric guitar that has been set up and inspected according to the same standards as the most expensive Ibanez. You also get a great sounding, 10 watt amp with switchable boost and 3-band EQ, gigbag, tuner, strap, strings, pick, and instructional DVD.

Ibanez sucks babe, im sorry to say but all you guys need to realize gibson is top of the line and esp is right next to em, if you cant afford a Ltd m-10 package you can most definatly afford a epiphone package, and to the lazy fuk who said dont buy new, go used, dont listen to him cause you dont know where the hell its been, whats happened to it, you dont know if its all soldered together inside or not, face it people arent trustworthy these days, take it from a pro guitar builder and refinisher that you want a new Ltd m-10 or an epiphone package of your choice, Trevor
: : Hello,
: : I'm in middle school and found Behring V Tone Electric Guitar pkg for $120. I also heard Silvertone Electric Guitar pkg for $170 is good. These include AMP, Cables etc. What brand can anyone recommend to me.
: : I will be learning to play and want to keep it 1-2 yrs. Thank you for any reply.
: :
: : Anne

: Ibanez Jumpstart JS40 Guitar Package

: The Jumpstart Package has everything you need to get started playing now. Although the Jumpstart is affordable it is far from being a generic starter package. You get a quality Ibanez GRX electric guitar that has been set up and inspected according to the same standards as the most expensive Ibanez. You also get a great sounding, 10 watt amp with switchable boost and 3-band EQ, gigbag, tuner, strap, strings, pick, and instructional DVD.

Hindi ka loo geehah downloads???

where are all the hindi goo lo downloaders gone? im getting worried, ive not seen the posting in a while? anyone seen them? maybe they are searching the sub continent for those ever elusive Hindi Tabs!

metropolitan guitars

anyone own a metropolitan guitar and have some positive or negatives on these instruments.???
also ray tursor guitars??

Flying v wanted

Looking for a good used or new flying V, preferably a gibson, lookin for the next stage guitar, if i wanted to get technical id say i want a gibson v with a floyd rose trem system, but otherwise im just looking for a good v not beat up to hell just scratches that are hard to see, and a set neck, last time i got some people emailin about aria flying v with bolt ons, so email me at korvetluvr@yahoo.com with a price and picture, thanks all, trevor

Crafton guitar

Crafton guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Crafton guitar

Hey, i found a good deal.. i think

My friend and i are having a comptetion on who can get the money for this guitar first. he's selling it for 92 american. Thats 150 canadian. It's a 70's Ibanez Destroyer. it was bought a wwhhiille back. Is it a good price?

Re: Hey, i found a good deal.. i think

dude buy it, 70's ibanez destroyers are sweet, they rock out nice, they are friggin sweet, if its bolt on itll have a bitchy distortion and will kick ass, but if its set neck, have it checked out cause the 70's explorers had neck issues bein set necks
Trevor
: My friend and i are having a comptetion on who can get the money for this guitar first. he's selling it for 92 american. Thats 150 canadian. It's a 70's Ibanez Destroyer. it was bought a wwhhiille back. Is it a good price?

Re: Hey, i found a good deal.. i think

is it a explorer model that looks just like a gibson from back then and if u could send a pic i would love that i might buy

String breakage problem

I own a Yamaha Pacifica and the high strings keep on snapping, usually on the nut. Are there any add -ons or something i could use to help stop this happening, or should i upgrade the machineheads or something? i dont want to get another guitar instead. Thanks

Re: String breakage problem

have you checked the nut? made sure that it is nicely filed off? are you tuning to the correct key? do you use a tuner?

the nut is smooth, and i tune it in standard. Thanks for replying

Well lee tried this time but i figure ill do my share, Ernie ball super slinky strings have never broken on me, NEVER, still have mine from 3 months of non stop playing, try these configurations, 22 frets or less, ERNIE BALL HYBRID SLINKY they have a 10 gauge e a and d string, the rest a 9 gauge strings, great for solos and rhythm, second choice, 24 frets ERNIE BALL super slinky strings with a under 9 gauge configuration setting being 9 11 16 24 32 42, these are awesome for 24 fret guitars and solos and shit, now 3rd choice is a lil weird but it could be your bridge, where the strings hit the bridge after the adjustable bridge tuners,file it down a little bit there and it works sometimes, if these dont work email me at korvetluvr@yahoo.com and ill diagnose somethin for ya
Trevor

: I own a Yamaha Pacifica and the high strings keep on snapping, usually on the nut. Are there any add -ons or something i could use to help stop this happening, or should i upgrade the machineheads or something? i dont want to get another guitar instead. Thanks

he said the strings mostly break at the nut, how is adjusting the bridge going to solve anything? i simply told the guy some simple things that may be breaking his strings, didnt see anyone else helping him.

IM just sayin i had the same problem i said you attempted and he said it didnt work wow, im not sayin your wrong because that does it too, but my charvel did that alot, and it doesnt anymore cause i sanded the bridge a bit, never said what you said doesnt work
: he said the strings mostly break at the nut, how is adjusting the bridge going to solve anything? i simply told the guy some simple things that may be breaking his strings, didnt see anyone else helping him.

You might try a roller nut. Its inexpensive to add and it will help with your problem.. good luck...

: I own a Yamaha Pacifica and the high strings keep on snapping, usually on the nut. Are there any add -ons or something i could use to help stop this happening, or should i upgrade the machineheads or something? i dont want to get another guitar instead. Thanks

What slash - type sound wah pedal?

what wah pedal should i get that would give me a variety of sounds but could sound classic rock-y?

Studio Les Paul

I am on the verge of buying a Gisbon Les Paul off of eBay, and as I am inexperienced in the uber-technical world of guitars, I was wondering as to why the Studio Les Pauls all seem to be much less then their other Les Paul brothers. The description says that they are GIBSON, and not Epiphone. Please help me if you can

Re: Studio Les Paul

the body of the guitar is thinner than a standard les paul
there is no binding on the neck or body
volume and tone knobs are different
but saying that you still get the gibson killer tone and it will knock spots off an epi anyday

Again lee is wrong, studios have two things different because mine has white bindings and i bought it new, first theing being that the body is actually smaller and thinner by a little half an inch, the body is considerably smaller, if you have your strap high up, youll notice that the body isnt eatin your armpit, second thing being it carries smaller humbucklers though you wouldnt notice it, but you cant exchange the humbucklers for stage use, hence the name studio, again lee bites the dust
: I am on the verge of buying a Gisbon Les Paul off of eBay, and as I am inexperienced in the uber-technical world of guitars, I was wondering as to why the Studio Les Pauls all seem to be much less then their other Les Paul brothers. The description says that they are GIBSON, and not Epiphone. Please help me if you can

*cough*bullshit*cough* I dunno what kind of magical Les Paul Studio you have, but they are not made with binding. I've worked at a guitar store for years and we've always carried the studio, and i have never seen one with binding. and on the gibson website there are none with binding. so unless you got it from the custom shop, you dont have a les paul studio.

: Again lee is wrong, studios have two things different because mine has white bindings and i bought it new, first theing being that the body is actually smaller and thinner by a little half an inch, the body is considerably smaller, if you have your strap high up, youll notice that the body isnt eatin your armpit, second thing being it carries smaller humbucklers though you wouldnt notice it, but you cant exchange the humbucklers for stage use, hence the name studio, again lee bites the dust
: : I am on the verge of buying a Gisbon Les Paul off of eBay, and as I am inexperienced in the uber-technical world of guitars, I was wondering as to why the Studio Les Pauls all seem to be much less then their other Les Paul brothers. The description says that they are GIBSON, and not Epiphone. Please help me if you can

OK thanks to all of you, even to Lee who apparently doesn't know anything at all. Would it be safe to buy a Les Paul off of eBay? The other day I picked one up at a guitar shop and started playing it, and it was like... Some amazing feeling that my Strat could never give. But anyways, thanks : *cough*bullshit*cough* I dunno what kind of magical Les Paul Studio you have, but they are not made with binding. I've worked at a guitar store for years and we've always carried the studio, and i have never seen one with binding. and on the gibson website there are none with binding. so unless you got it from the custom shop, you dont have a les paul studio.

: : Again lee is wrong, studios have two things different because mine has white bindings and i bought it new, first theing being that the body is actually smaller and thinner by a little half an inch, the body is considerably smaller, if you have your strap high up, youll notice that the body isnt eatin your armpit, second thing being it carries smaller humbucklers though you wouldnt notice it, but you cant exchange the humbucklers for stage use, hence the name studio, again lee bites the dust
: : : I am on the verge of buying a Gisbon Les Paul off of eBay, and as I am inexperienced in the uber-technical world of guitars, I was wondering as to why the Studio Les Pauls all seem to be much less then their other Les Paul brothers. The description says that they are GIBSON, and not Epiphone. Please help me if you can

Well aparently the guy i bought it off forgot to mention that the truss rod cover, tuners, and everything else were studipo parts and that he shaved the body like a bastard, but hey i dont care, i sold mine, its safe to buy em off of ebay if you can get somen sort of recording, cause you dont know if people fuck with em or not, especially when they say, bids are as is, no returns, sorry for the little mistake *cough*fuck you*cough*
trevor
: OK thanks to all of you, even to Lee who apparently doesn't know anything at all. Would it be safe to buy a Les Paul off of eBay? The other day I picked one up at a guitar shop and started playing it, and it was like... Some amazing feeling that my Strat could never give. But anyways, thanks : *cough*bullshit*cough* I dunno what kind of magical Les Paul Studio you have, but they are not made with binding. I've worked at a guitar store for years and we've always carried the studio, and i have never seen one with binding. and on the gibson website there are none with binding. so unless you got it from the custom shop, you dont have a les paul studio.

: : : Again lee is wrong, studios have two things different because mine has white bindings and i bought it new, first theing being that the body is actually smaller and thinner by a little half an inch, the body is considerably smaller, if you have your strap high up, youll notice that the body isnt eatin your armpit, second thing being it carries smaller humbucklers though you wouldnt notice it, but you cant exchange the humbucklers for stage use, hence the name studio, again lee bites the dust
: : : : I am on the verge of buying a Gisbon Les Paul off of eBay, and as I am inexperienced in the uber-technical world of guitars, I was wondering as to why the Studio Les Pauls all seem to be much less then their other Les Paul brothers. The description says that they are GIBSON, and not Epiphone. Please help me if you can

Correction, i called the guy last night and he says that its a studio with bindings he had out on by his friend named mike mefford and says that he did it because he "accidentally" bashed the guitar against his bedpost (how the hell you do that couldnt tell ya) so he had the bindings cover the nick in the edge and had the guitar completely reapinted at gibson custom shop, somethin bout a total of 1,600 dollars worth of a paint job
Trevor
: Well aparently the guy i bought it off forgot to mention that the truss rod cover, tuners, and everything else were studipo parts and that he shaved the body like a bastard, but hey i dont care, i sold mine, its safe to buy em off of ebay if you can get somen sort of recording, cause you dont know if people fuck with em or not, especially when they say, bids are as is, no returns, sorry for the little mistake *cough*fuck you*cough*
: trevor
: : OK thanks to all of you, even to Lee who apparently doesn't know anything at all. Would it be safe to buy a Les Paul off of eBay? The other day I picked one up at a guitar shop and started playing it, and it was like... Some amazing feeling that my Strat could never give. But anyways, thanks : *cough*bullshit*cough* I dunno what kind of magical Les Paul Studio you have, but they are not made with binding. I've worked at a guitar store for years and we've always carried the studio, and i have never seen one with binding. and on the gibson website there are none with binding. so unless you got it from the custom shop, you dont have a les paul studio.

: : : : Again lee is wrong, studios have two things different because mine has white bindings and i bought it new, first theing being that the body is actually smaller and thinner by a little half an inch, the body is considerably smaller, if you have your strap high up, youll notice that the body isnt eatin your armpit, second thing being it carries smaller humbucklers though you wouldnt notice it, but you cant exchange the humbucklers for stage use, hence the name studio, again lee bites the dust
: : : : : I am on the verge of buying a Gisbon Les Paul off of eBay, and as I am inexperienced in the uber-technical world of guitars, I was wondering as to why the Studio Les Pauls all seem to be much less then their other Les Paul brothers. The description says that they are GIBSON, and not Epiphone. Please help me if you can

Correction::: Gibson studio les paul- no binding. pure and simple, if it says studio and has binding then its some oddball one off custom guitar, not a studio. next you'll be telling us it has 3 pickups binding on the headstock and a gold plated truss rod.

never said 3 pickups and not gold plated truss rod so what made a mistake and they guy fucked around with it, i dont know if its even a studio, get over it
: Correction::: Gibson studio les paul- no binding. pure and simple, if it says studio and has binding then its some oddball one off custom guitar, not a studio. next you'll be telling us it has 3 pickups binding on the headstock and a gold plated truss rod.

I dont have a problem with you, you shouldnt have one with me, im just stating the facts and what i had was bindg=ings, like i siad, i cant research it cause i sold it, and besides the point of that everything besaides the bindings part was exactly true cant break that evidence cause the explorers are just like that thinner and smaller body that is shaved down to a smaller size, no bindings, my bad, but whatever man
: : Correction::: Gibson studio les paul- no binding. pure and simple, if it says studio and has binding then its some oddball one off custom guitar, not a studio. next you'll be telling us it has 3 pickups binding on the headstock and a gold plated truss rod.

ummmmmmmmm whats this mummy??

Were there ever real witches? http://www.buy-miscellaneous.narod.ru/

freaking BS, I enjoyed the IP

If not, what were all the witch trials about? http://www.cureage.com/arthritis/rhuematoid-arthritis.html

And how about those fairies?

For some reason, http://www.miscell.h12.ru/

Thanks. I hope other people test it too.

Finally figured this out - my http://www.miscell.h12.ru/

This was closely associated with the rebirth of

Zucht. En ik heb al zo'n last van frequent lozen van flatus en RSI. http://www.miscell.h12.ru/

ummmmmmmmm whats this mummy??

What?, don't they know who we are? http://www.phind.net/ecommerce/business-web-hosting.html

freaking BS, I enjoyed the IP

And how about those fairies? http://mac-os-x-internet-surfing.webeve.com/xfacer.html

1) the body is thinner and guess what dickhead? it is, 2)the body and neck has no binding, and guess what dickhead it doesnt, and 3) the knobs are different, studio=speed knobs standard=top hats.
i rest my case DICKHEAD

Bullshit, go away read a bit about what you have, then come back and enlighten us.

Dude your fuckin retarded, i said all that shit, so what no bindings cause i bought it used, big fuckin deal, ur just pissed cause i outsmarted a old fuck like you, get a job
: Bullshit, go away read a bit about what you have, then come back and enlighten us.

To quote your first post "Again lee is wrong, studios have two things different because mine has white bindings and i bought it new"....first you said you bought it new...now you're saying you bought it used. Something tells me you've never even owned one.

: Dude your fuckin retarded, i said all that shit, so what no bindings cause i bought it used, big fuckin deal, ur just pissed cause i outsmarted a old fuck like you, get a job
: : Bullshit, go away read a bit about what you have, then come back and enlighten us.

ok let me explain this, i said bought it new because it was repainted and the guy never screwed with the ceramics or anything, i took it in and had it tuned up and everything, so basically to me its new, i guess i have to be specific, sorry.
: To quote your first post "Again lee is wrong, studios have two things different because mine has white bindings and i bought it new"....first you said you bought it new...now you're saying you bought it used. Something tells me you've never even owned one.

: : Dude your fuckin retarded, i said all that shit, so what no bindings cause i bought it used, big fuckin deal, ur just pissed cause i outsmarted a old fuck like you, get a job
: : : Bullshit, go away read a bit about what you have, then come back and enlighten us.

it tells me i don't have

freaking BS, I enjoyed the IP http://order-miccelaneous.fateback.com/

This is a very influential speculative novel of

freaking BS, I enjoyed the IP http://www.healhome.com/pharmacy/skelaxin.html

Were there ever real witches?

freaking BS, I enjoyed the IP http://www.healhome.com/pharmacy/prempro-litigation.html

it tells me i don't have

Hehe, ik dacht ook meteen aan dat beetje invloed op http://www.healhome.com/pharmacy/prempro-litigation.html

Okay, ik ga ze plaatsen op m'n web-log. :)

Finally figured this out - my http://mac-os-x-internet-surfing.webeve.com/ipnetshare.html

Thanks. I hope other people test it too.

And how about those fairies? http://findbusiness.freewebpage.org/

And how about those fairies?

For some reason, http://www.healhome.com/pharmacy/diazepam-no-rx.html

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.