Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2004

Archive for posts from May, 2004

ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

wood for guitar

i am building a custom guitar and wanted to know what the best woods would be to use, i am making a neck thru, explorer type (not shape) electric and wanted to know exactly what i need and how to build a neck thru thanks

Re: wood for guitar

Some of the best guitars in the world are made of mahogany< both neck and body

Re: wood for guitar

ok, what about alder, do you know where i could find some blocks of wood to use, thanks for the reply's
james
: Some of the best guitars in the world are made of mahogany< both neck and body

esp explorer wanted:pre lawsuit please

i am looking for an ESP or LTD pre lawsuit explorer if anybody has one for sale or knows someone who does no matter the color, just needs to be in good condition and affordable, thanks in return, nate

Re: esp explorer wanted:pre lawsuit please

lest i say it but the only place ive seen em is ebay, but if your lookin for a rare guitar and dont care of condition theres alot of em on ebay lately, otherwise draw one out and send it to ESP through the mail and spend bout 6,500 to 7,000 dollars to get it made
Trevor
: i am looking for an ESP or LTD pre lawsuit explorer if anybody has one for sale or knows someone who does no matter the color, just needs to be in good condition and affordable, thanks in return, nate

9vac 1300ma against 12vac 1a

I'm new to guitars and I just bought an RP100. I have a 12vac 1a power supply but the pedal asks for 9v 1300ma. Will I fry the pedal if I hook this up?

Re: 9vac 1300ma against 12vac 1a

Its possible that youd fry it but ive never tried so i wouldnt know, but if you have another RP or somethin like that you can use it, RP100's arent really that great though so you can try it, the most thats ever happened to me is it just wont work with that big of a power source, but once you change it back to a 9vac it will work so its up to you, use batteries or take the risk, good luck.
Trevor
: I'm new to guitars and I just bought an RP100. I have a 12vac 1a power supply but the pedal asks for 9v 1300ma. Will I fry the pedal if I hook this up?

Watch out for the power draw, if your pedal wants 1300ma (1.3amps) and you are only supplying 1amp, you may find that you fry the power supply, also your pedal requires DC voltage, make sure your psu's output is DC, the 12v 9v variation shouldnt be an issue, and if your unit is drawing 1.3amps then batteries wont last very long, if you do use them get some rechargables.
Lee

id go with what he said cause i dont have a clue bout my pedals, just bought em with a supply.
: Watch out for the power draw, if your pedal wants 1300ma (1.3amps) and you are only supplying 1amp, you may find that you fry the power supply, also your pedal requires DC voltage, make sure your psu's output is DC, the 12v 9v variation shouldnt be an issue, and if your unit is drawing 1.3amps then batteries wont last very long, if you do use them get some rechargables.
: Lee

Are Cordova Guitars Good?

I just bought a Cordova Nylon String Acoustic Guitar Modle 40R. It has a Cedar top and Indian Wood body. It's a very beautiful and rich sounding guitar. I paid $508 out the door. Was this a fair price???

56 fender stratocastor

i have a 56 fender stratocaster and i want to know where in mexico it was made. i would also like to know what there are worth but its not for sale

Celestion Heritage Speakers

Anyone can tell me the exact model name of these speakers? If someone knows more, it would be cool.
Are they discontinued now?

incubus distortion settings

incubus distortion settings

This popular thread has been given its own page : incubus distortion settings

hook me up yall

any1 know where i could locate some stuff by SAXON?
hook me up please and thank you suckers

Re: hook me up yall

you mean Saxon aka spinal tap?? wasnt the tap band based on that group? do they still tour? i saw Thunder a few weeks back at a london guitar show, remember them? they were doing an acoustic set, in other words someone forgot to load the amps on the van, they were terrible. Saxon were quite good in their day though.

ya wherecan i get some yo?

where can i locate there stuff

Re: ya wherecan i get some yo?

Amazon still stock it

sweet

thanks u r good 4 sum thing after all

thought forthe day...

am i great or am i great?

Re: thought forthe day...

Pass.
I'll give someone else a chance to shine.

Tuner Question

Yo guys im looking for a decent tuner because im too lazy to fuck around with the alternate tunings all the time. i want something that'll take like 2 seconds to get a perfect tune. whats the best one to get?

Re: Tuner Question

Check out the BOSS TU2 (http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--BOSTU2)
Its the best tuners i have come around. Works great, integrates really well with other foot pedals and is really sensitive. works just as well for Acoustic and Electric.

April Wine tab needed

I am having trouble finding a guitar tab for Bad Side of the Moon by April Wine. If anyone knows where it is please tell me.

Re: April Wine tab needed

: I am having trouble finding a guitar tab for Bad Side of the Moon by April Wine. If anyone knows where it is please tell me.

I also am looking, please e-mail me if found

: : I am having trouble finding a guitar tab for i like to rock by April Wine. If anyone knows where i can find it please help me.

:
: I also am looking, please e-mail me if found

: : : I am having trouble finding a guitar tab for i like to rock by April Wine. If anyone knows where i can find it please help me.

: :
: : I also am looking, please e-mail me if found

yeah, me too, it does not seem to be anywhere out there, maybe nobody has tabbed it yet!

Re: April Wine tab needed (bad side of the moon) and or (i like to rock)

: : I am having trouble finding a guitar tab for Bad Side of the Moon by April Wine and the tab i like to rock by april wine. If anyone knows where it is please tell me.

:
: I also am looking, please e-mail me if found

Boss GT5 vs GT6

Boss GT5 vs GT6

This popular thread has been given its own page : Boss GT5 vs GT6

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.