Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - May, 2004

Archive for posts from May, 2004

ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

what is the perfect set up for xxl not to treble not to bass

what is the perfect set up for xxl not to treble not to bass

Re: what is the perfect set up for xxl not to treble not to bass

that all depends on what guitar&effects you have.i have the xxl and love it, but for each of my guitars it needs tweaked a little. on mine, the clean channel is bassy anyway so i have to back it off a little. a seperate eq in your effects chain will make a world of difference too.

bassplaya

who here hates this guy?i know i do

Re: bassplaya

yeah me too, who are we talking about?

i hate u too

:I hate u both i hope u die a terrible terrible death

bassplaya is who im talking about!

I loathe him so much!

I need slide blues!!

If any body knows where i can find some good ole' slide acoustic blues tabs online, let me know.

my guitar

i have just bought a columbus guitar for 20 quid, was it worth my while and is there any info you could send me?

Re: my guitar

colombus were cheapo copies in late 70's early 80's, they were as rough as mangy old mutts, they looked crap and when you plugged them in you werent disapointed, ive commented on these guitars before and gave my honest opinion, they are without doubt in my top 10 worst guitars of all time, 20 quid?? you would have been better of spending that money on a new door from B+Q , anyone else out there ever have the unfortunate experience of pluggin in a colombus??
Lee

colombus

: colombus were cheapo copies in late 70's early 80's, they were as rough as mangy old mutts, they looked crap and when you plugged them in you werent disapointed, ive commented on these guitars before and gave my honest opinion, they are without doubt in my top 10 worst guitars of all time, 20 quid?? you would have been better of spending that money on a new door from B+Q , anyone else out there ever have the unfortunate experience of pluggin in a colombus??
: Lee

Re: colombus

: ive got a colombus and it sounds than a strat!

dont you mean it bangs nails in better than a strat? holds the door open a little better, listen up everybody..
COLOMBUS ARE SHIT.

: ive got a colombus and it sounds better than a strat!

Golly, I've had a Colombus series 3 for over 20 years and have always been happy with it. I've gigged with it and recorded with it. Sure it's not a Gibson 3 series but I'd not swap it for a front door ;-)

golly you must be old

what is it 19freakin30 in this forum?please!

Columbus guitars rock!! So yer ill admit they dont have the best tone on the block but hell, these guitars are amazing! They can take you beating the hell out of them and i'd happily buy another 1. 20 quid well spent. Alec williams, quite frankly, U SUCK!

Thought for the day......

He who dies with the most gear wins.

check this new invention

Accoustic amd classic guitar players check this site www.recitalbox.com this will make your guitar sound unbelievable . this is so new that our site has not completed its order form. please i need your feedback

download hindi songs

i want to download free hindi songs.

Re: download hindi songs

:
: i want to download free hindi songs.

Re: download hindi songs

: :
: : i want to download free hindi songs.

new hindi songs

The Shadows .gp4

Were can I find gp4 from The Shadows ?
Thank You

Old School Tom Delonge Sound????

Hey, i love old school blink, i.e Enema, Chesire cat, Dude ranch, MTATS.
I play through a Marshall 100DFX and i have a squier strat that i customized like Tom's b4 he had his signiture wich goes through a POD.
Can any one give me the settings for Tom's sound?
That would help me alot thanks

Re: Old School Tom Delonge Sound????

I've got a Tom Delonge signature guitar and I play through a Marshall AVT 50. I use the following settings and the sound is quite perfect: GAIN 3/4 BASS 4 MIDDLE 5 TREBLE 10 and I turn my guitar at max volume. Clean settings: GAIN 4 BASS 3/4 TREBLE 4 (My amp hasn't got middle settings for the clean channel)

I hope you'll find this sound so "Blinky"
P.S. I think that the "new school sound" of Tom is crap!!!!
Boldrock

i love the new school

i think his new school playing,while not as good as his old school, still kicks marginal ass
enema kicks!

Re: fuck the new school

blink sucks cocck and those pussys always will dont support those fuck heads ok???!?!?!?!?!??!srdg sfg hwft he hjfdg hjgfhfs

Re: fuck the new school

ALL MUSIC IS VALID

what is toms new settings?

whats tom new settings, i like his sound that he has now, its wayyyyyyy better. please answer back.

Re: Old School Tom Delonge Sound????

: I've got a Tom Delonge signature guitar and I play through a Marshall AVT 50. I use the following settings and the sound is quite perfect: GAIN 3/4 BASS 4 MIDDLE 5 TREBLE 10 and I turn my guitar at max volume. Clean settings: GAIN 4 BASS 3/4 TREBLE 4 (My amp hasn't got middle settings for the clean channel)

: I hope you'll find this sound so "Blinky"
: P.S. I think that the "new school sound" of Tom is crap!!!!
: Boldrock

dont say tom delonge iz crap!!! EVIL

Vox AC100 Speaker cab wiring

Help... In great need of a wiring diagram for the Vox AC100 speaker cab (4 x12s and two horns).

Many thanks.

Lee

bassist required

any genuine plug and play bassist with all his equipment is required.... contact 03008600240 omar malik...thnx....

yur a terrorist

dont worry about music,focus on tha new wtc they are building at this very moment

carlo Robelli guitars

hey i just bought a slightly used carlo robelli guitar for 80 bucks im new to guitars and was wondering if it was agood deal its a model BW-414CE-BKSA its acustict with an internal pickup it also sounds a little funny buzzes and such cant get it exactly in tune other than that its in good shape any thoughts would be usefull

mansfield acoustic guitar

mansfield acoustic guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : mansfield acoustic guitar

best acoustic?

Hey, whats the best acoustic for playing bluesy type music?

Re: best acoustic?

It depends the best acoustic is usualy the one the one that suits you best, but you should probably get a steel stringed acoustic.

If you want something affordable I would recommend getting a steel stringed acoustic from the samick worthington range, worthingtons have a beautiful mellowed out sorta sound, which is perfect for playing blues

this is where everybody puts down their own accoustic as the best, Mines a Hummingbird (Gibson) so thats the best by far.

You are a newbee... Talk to us in a few years...
Maybe you will make some sense....

: this is where everybody puts down their own accoustic as the best, Mines a Hummingbird (Gibson) so thats the best by far.

Go in peace my friend.

: Hey, whats the best acoustic for playing bluesy type music?

well I don't know about "bluesy type" music, but if you want to play the blues, you gotta get a guitar that tells a story. Something old that still plays amazing. The Gibsons of the '30's are nice, but they are too expensive. You want a harmony or a kay. Some of them may have high action, but the sound is worth it.

songwriting teachers or useful books

Is there a website that i could find a guitar and songwriting tutor based in the UK from? or is there a good book or something that you could recommend? anything at all would be very useful.

ibanez gb 12 year anniversary model

i have a ibanez gb 12 year anniversary model ,how much is it worth for innsurance reasons ?
if any body knows could you please let me know.
thanks giles

Carlsbro Stingray Combo Schematic

Can anyone help me with a schematic for this?

Need Amp repair info!

I have a crate Bx-15 bass amp. When I plug it into the wall I get power... however when I plug in a bass, I get no sound. Any info would rock. I'm tryin to sell it and I don't know what to do.

heres what ya gotta do son...

Having been a musician 4 quite sum time now i know a few things, i say you chuck the piece o crap in the trash and never think of it again unless ya wanna drop dead.
sincerely
matt

Matt's mom is fat!!!!!

Oh thanx you're real helpful... Nice EXPERT... ahem... advice. Matt you've been so helpful...

Re: Need Amp repair info!

Crate? i would'nt touch it with a barge pole, but, try this, check fuses, look on the back of the amp, check that the speaker is wired in correctly, check another guitar in the socket, try an different lead in the socket, 2 inputs? try another socket, turn the vol knob up to the top along with the bass mid and treb, still no output? get a small crosshead screwdriver and a 2lb club hammer, switch it off from the mains, wave the screwdriver at it and tell it firmly who is boss, tell that mother that if it dont start giving out you are gonna slam that crosshead straight through the speaker cloth, plug back in and try your guitar again, still not working then use the club hammer on it,if there is anything left go at it with the cross head, take it outside and chuck it on the BBQ, light it up and have fun, Rock'n'roll.

no problem

Always glad to share my expertise with da masses

lowering action (Goth epiphone les paul)

HOw do I lower the Action. I see the screw at the bridge, it's that all that's involved? at which fret do I mesure the heigth? when measuring the height, all strings should be equal height? is there an ideal height? or is ir mostly up to me to set it. if trust rod work involved, how do i do it?...any info on lowering the action of an Epiphone Goth Les Paul studio, I would apprecite it...thx

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.