Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2004

Archive for posts from June, 2004

ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

guitar amp

iwish know about used dual rectifier mesa boogie or used store in houston, i apreciate thanks

Lee Question

Hey lee i have seen some advertisements in StewMac catalog for a stop tail peice replacement that looks just like the stop tail peice but has a trem bar on it, not sure if youve heard of it but it only bends 1/2 a step, if you ca find one that bends more or know where i can purchas one id like to know, thanks, Trevor

Re: Lee Question

have you tried http://wdmusicproducts.com ?? they have quite a comprehensive supply of tailpeices.

Swapping mini humbuckings for P90's

I have a pair of '69 minihumbuckings I want to put in a Les Paul with P90's but I can't figure out how they mount to the body. Is there a bracket that attaches in the mounting hole that I'm missing? Thanks for the help.

Yamaha FG-180 or FG-300 (want one)

I am looking for a Red Label, Nippon Gakki
Yamaha FG-180 or FG-300 in great condition.
Want one with a good finish and a neck that has
decent action that does NOT need to be reset.
email me with pics and price if you have a guitar
like this you want to sell. ravenhawks(AT)comcast.net
thanks!

for my SG: can i use pickup covers??

i have this gibson sg special with "double black" pickups. can i buy chrome pickup covers and put them on the pickups? or are they soley for using on humbuckers that already have covers??

Re: for my SG: can i use pickup covers??

I did that with my seymours bur i dont know about gibsons because my s1 schecter had flame graphics so i bought the covers off some online store with flme graphics on them to match it and they went on with some soldering but im not sure, ask lee.
Trevor
: i have this gibson sg special with "double black" pickups. can i buy chrome pickup covers and put them on the pickups? or are they soley for using on humbuckers that already have covers??

Not sure, but i know wd music do a humbucker pickup cover, i dont know if they will fit the classic gibson pickups, have a look on there store: http://wdmusicproducts.com ask them if they will do the job.
Lee

: I did that with my seymours bur i dont know about gibsons because my s1 schecter had flame graphics so i bought the covers off some online store with flme graphics on them to match it and they went on with some soldering but im not sure, ask lee.
: Trevor
: : i have this gibson sg special with "double black" pickups. can i buy chrome pickup covers and put them on the pickups? or are they soley for using on humbuckers that already have covers??

: : I did that with my seymours bur i dont know about gibsons because my s1 schecter had flame graphics so i bought the covers off some online store with flme graphics on them to match it and they went on with some soldering but im not sure, ask lee.
: : Trevor
: : : i have this gibson sg special with "double black" pickups. can i buy chrome pickup covers and put them on the pickups? or are they soley for using on humbuckers that already have covers??

Sure you can, but I would use nickel. Make sure the pole screws match with the holes. Makes the axe look a hell of a lot better.

Looking for Washburn Wing Series (Falcon,Eagle, Hawk)

Hey Everybody,
Wondering if anyone out there has an old Washburn wing series guitar they'd want to get rid of. Email pics and price. Thanks much!

Re: Looking for Washburn Wing Series (Falcon,Eagle, Hawk)

: Hi Chris, i have Washburn Wing guitar in very reasonable condition. Please e-mail me if your still keen and i'll organise photos etc.

Re: Looking for Washburn Wing Series (Falcon,Eagle, Hawk)

Hi. I also have a wing series Washburn and am thinking about selling. Please email me and let me know if you're still interested.

Peace

marlin guitars

any body know anything about marlin guitars???????????////

Re: marlin guitars

well, my friend has one, his is made in Wales, which as we all know is the guitar mecca of the world, it weighs about 3 times a les paul, its main body is made of plywood, it has a truefully bad tone, only beaten by a colombus i once played, but the colomus had been stored in a damp attic since 1977 , and had a warped neck. The Welsh Marlins are as bad as they get, saying all that i think they have now moved production to China, and the Chinese have a marginaly better guitar building pedigree than the Welsh, so maybe things have improved, but i can only think of one positive thing to say about the Marlin i saw, and thats the colour, it was a nice candy apple red, and it had been applied well too.
Lee

: well, my friend has one, his is made in Wales, which as we all know is the guitar mecca of the world, it weighs about 3 times a les paul, its main body is made of plywood, it has a truefully bad tone, only beaten by a colombus i once played, but the colomus had been stored in a damp attic since 1977 , and had a warped neck. The Welsh Marlins are as bad as they get, saying all that i think they have now moved production to China, and the Chinese have a marginaly better guitar building pedigree than the Welsh, so maybe things have improved, but i can only think of one positive thing to say about the Marlin i saw, and thats the colour, it was a nice candy apple red, and it had been applied well too.
: Lee

To sum up everything Lee just said.....they suck

to be honest Jim, anything that comes out of Wales sucks, including Catherine Zeta Jones! so ive been told.

: to be honest Jim, anything that comes out of Wales sucks, including Catherine Zeta Jones! so ive been told.

Zzzzing!

Sorry, I mean RED

i have a marlin sidewinder bass guitar

I HAVE AQUIRED A LEFT-HANDED MARLIN.CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS WELSH RAREBIT?
PLEASE.
DAVE.

tom delonge's guitar

what kind of guitar does tom delonge have and how many strings is it

Re: tom delonge's guitar

: what kind of guitar does tom delonge have and how many strings is it

http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/classic/tomdelonge.html

on his old guitar he has ernie ball strings (6 strings)

could u send me all the info on tom's guitar pls cuz i wanna get one just like his!

tablature of lucha de gigantes

does anyone have the tablature for lucha de gigantes by nachapop.
thanks
M

stuff for a stella

the G tuner on my Stella needs a string feed(?) - is that what it's called, where you feed the strings in to tighten with tuning pegs? Anyway, any suggestions on how to repair or where to get one?

Re: stuff for a stella

Look on Ebay. There is a guy from Canada selling a complete set of tuners for $7.99 that will work on your guitar...

: the G tuner on my Stella needs a string feed(?) - is that what it's called, where you feed the strings in to tighten with tuning pegs? Anyway, any suggestions on how to repair or where to get one?

Crate Amp VC-5212 - Quit Working

Has anybody dealt with one of these amp before? I replaced the tubes and it powers on and the tubes glow, but when I plug in my guitar, I get nothing out of the speakers. Any suggestions?

seville 12 string

hey hey, does anyone know anyhthing about the seville 12 string guitars? my friend just gave me his and i wanna know about it

how much is my gretch worth

hi,i have a gretch syncromatic,solid body just like a single cutaway sparkle jet,but it has a mahogony bolt on neck,the body and headstock is silver sparkle and it has real gretch pickups,no pickguard.body only has binding.

Re: how much is my gretch worth

Hi,
You have a computer, you have internet access so why ask us to do your work? There are many sites that have dealers selling Gretsch guitars and Ebay... Go there and find out what they are selling for. Is your Mom still making you breakfast?

: hi,i have a gretch syncromatic,solid body just like a single cutaway sparkle jet,but it has a mahogony bolt on neck,the body and headstock is silver sparkle and it has real gretch pickups,no pickguard.body only has binding.

Three volume controls on Strat

Does anyone know if there are any wiring diagrams that show how to rig up a Strat with three volume controls, one for each pickup? I don't need a tone control, but would like each of the knobs to control the volume for each pickup.

Re: Three volume controls on Strat

: Does anyone know if there are any wiring diagrams that show how to rig up a Strat with three volume controls, one for each pickup? I don't need a tone control, but would like each of the knobs to control the volume for each pickup.

Well buy a know labeled volume and switch it with the tone one.

Peavey JSX Guitar Amplifier Head fs

click link for info

s yairi guitars

I was recently given an acoustic by an uncle. The brand is S Yairi and I am unable to find hardly anything at all about the brand/company and guitar on the net. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Re: s yairi guitars

Look under Alvereze guitars. Yairi is a guy who makes custom guitars for them....

: I was recently given an acoustic by an uncle. The brand is S Yairi and I am unable to find hardly anything at all about the brand/company and guitar on the net. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Thanks but I have been led to believe that Yairi/Alvarez is a relative of Sada Yairi and that the company related to S Yairi no longer exists

: Look under Alvereze guitars. Yairi is a guy who makes custom guitars for them....

: : I was recently given an acoustic by an uncle. The brand is S Yairi and I am unable to find hardly anything at all about the brand/company and guitar on the net. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

http://www.amy.hi-ho.ne.jp/hiromi-ishii/contents/music/musium.html#yairi

Please try to use translation service.

Moon please help . I went to the site but don't know which translation service you are referring to. Can you please point me in the right direction??

Thanks

: http://www.amy.hi-ho.ne.jp/hiromi-ishii/contents/music/musium.html#yairi

: Please try to use translation service.

S Yairi is the cousin or brother of K Yairi (who makes Alvarez guitars),S Yairi no longer makes guitars;I recently ran across a S.Yairi classical guitar made in 1973, it had a number 40 hand written on the inside with an etched serial number 131 at the base of the inside at the top. Can anyone tell me the value of this instrument? The tone of this instrument was very nice, the playability on the upper part of the neck ( 8th frets on up) was slightly high but still playable.

Mau Lyric, Chord n Tab nya ten2five "i do"

Mau Lyric, Chord n Tab nya ten2five "i do"

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mau Lyric, Chord n Tab nya ten2five "i do"

can someone help ID a guitar I just bought ?

can someone help ID a guitar I just bought ?

This popular thread has been given its own page : can someone help ID a guitar I just bought ?

Request Chord

Minta chord gitar lagu I WILL FLYnya Ten2five dong...

Thanx before ya................

Re: Request Chord

: Minta chord gitar lagu KKEB Andre Hehanusa dong...

: Thanx before ya................

Minta chord gitarnya 'ANDA' yg "Tentang Seseorang" donk !!!!

: Minta chord gitar lagu Can take my eyes off you dong...

minta chord lagu indonesia band

Thanx

minta chord gitarnya my first love dari nikka costa

: Minta chord gitar lagu I WILL SURVIVEnya CAKE dong...

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.