Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2004

Archive for posts from June, 2004

ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: serial number lookup

SERIAL#652957; This is a Fender Telecaster custom. Can you tell me the production date?

: Ser# 329914 Jackson Charvel Floyd Rose. How much is this guitar worth?

:Serial no# Z0147712 Fende Stratocaster made in Corona ca. whats the year and its Value of the guitar. Dee Capper

How do I keep the G String from slipping

How do I keep the G String from slipping

This popular thread has been given its own page : How do I keep the G String from slipping

Charvel Jackson Serial Number

I have a Charvel Jackson guitar with serial number 376837 and I am not sure if it was made in the US. Does anyone know where I can find a definitive answer about where my guitar was made?

Re: Charvel Jackson Serial Number

Well im gunna have to say its prolly import because usa made usually has neck thru bodies and is high quality because they are mostly custom shop so im gunna say import, not sure from where though. Trevor

: I have a Charvel Jackson guitar with serial number 376837 and I am not sure if it was made in the US. Does anyone know where I can find a definitive answer about where my guitar was made?

Charvel/Jackson serial number

: I have a Charvel Jackson guitar with serial number 296774 and I am not sure if it was made in the US. Does anyone know where I can find a definitive answer about where my guitar was made?
What's the price?
Thanks

Re: 319276

: : I have a Charvel Jackson guitar with serial number 296774 and I am not sure if it was made in the US. Does anyone know where I can find a definitive answer about where my guitar was made?
: What's the price?
: Thanks

Re: 319276

: : : I have a Charvel Jackson guitar with serial number 319276 and I am not sure if it was made in the US. Does anyone know where I can find a definitive answer about where my guitar was made?
: : What's the price?
: : Thanks

Alvarez Acoustic Model 5011

can anyone tell me the age of this model and any details of it's quality and value?

Re: Alvarez Acoustic Model 5011

Go here, http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/
look it up yourself......

: can anyone tell me the age of this model and any details of it's quality and value?

Martin Eric Clapton Model

click link for info

Re: Martin Eric Clapton Model

Yeah give me the 3 grand and I'll buy it.

:
: click link for info

Cort flying v

Cort flying v

This popular thread has been given its own page : Cort flying v

Another Question for Lee...or anyone else

Sorry about all the questions here Lee but im in the process of getting some money together and getting some gear thats gonna be good for the rest of my life lol.

I was wondering how much a deccent Marshall head and cabinet would cost me?...or if you could give my an idea of a decent one so i can price it. I've been lookin around the net and they all look the same to me, i dont know a whole lot about them.

Re: Another Question for Lee...or anyone else

I forget the name of the model but marshal seels its either a half or full stack amp and head combo for abvout 645 dollars at paradise guitars in beloit, i can go check it out later and get back to you if i can but ive tried it and its a nice amp, supposedly marshal sells that model for cheap for no reason, its not used or anything, i just found that unusual. otherwise ill keep an eye out also. Trevor

: Sorry about all the questions here Lee but im in the process of getting some money together and getting some gear thats gonna be good for the rest of my life lol.

: I was wondering how much a deccent Marshall head and cabinet would cost me?...or if you could give my an idea of a decent one so i can price it. I've been lookin around the net and they all look the same to me, i dont know a whole lot about them.

Alright thanks Trevor, i appreciate it.

: I forget the name of the model but marshal seels its either a half or full stack amp and head combo for abvout 645 dollars at paradise guitars in beloit, i can go check it out later and get back to you if i can but ive tried it and its a nice amp, supposedly marshal sells that model for cheap for no reason, its not used or anything, i just found that unusual. otherwise ill keep an eye out also. Trevor

: : Sorry about all the questions here Lee but im in the process of getting some money together and getting some gear thats gonna be good for the rest of my life lol.

: : I was wondering how much a deccent Marshall head and cabinet would cost me?...or if you could give my an idea of a decent one so i can price it. I've been lookin around the net and they all look the same to me, i dont know a whole lot about them.

you want a JCM2000 its a 2 channel 100watt head, ive played them and they are very good, get a 2nd hand one, make sure it has had no mods done to it, these amps are very reliable, easy to service, and hold their money like a Mercedes CLK, you also need a 2x12 or 4x12 extension cab, 2x12 with celestion vintage 30 speakers would be the best, but the most common type of speaker is the celestion GT75, its a great speaker too, Marshall JCM200 will cost around £350 or $500 and the 2x12 cab around £150 $200, or the 4x12 is around £175 or $250, dont forget if you get this stuff 2nd hand and sell it later, you wont lose money, Marshall kit is as safe as the bank of zurich.
Lee

Is the head itself actually a 100 watt speaker or does "100 watt Head" just mean its capable of throwing out 100watts?...you know like a amplifier you'd use when wiring a car stereo system.

: you want a JCM2000 its a 2 channel 100watt head, ive played them and they are very good, get a 2nd hand one, make sure it has had no mods done to it, these amps are very reliable, easy to service, and hold their money like a Mercedes CLK, you also need a 2x12 or 4x12 extension cab, 2x12 with celestion vintage 30 speakers would be the best, but the most common type of speaker is the celestion GT75, its a great speaker too, Marshall JCM200 will cost around £350 or $500 and the 2x12 cab around £150 $200, or the 4x12 is around £175 or $250, dont forget if you get this stuff 2nd hand and sell it later, you wont lose money, Marshall kit is as safe as the bank of zurich.
: Lee

The head is the box that sits on top of the speaker cabinet, it houses a 100 watt valve amplifier and thats all, no speakers are in the head, on the back of the head you have a jack socket (usualy 1/4 inch mono) that connects to the speaker cabinet below, the speaker cab can house in most cases either 2 or 4 speakers, (2x12 or 4x12) they can collectively handle various output wattages from the head, if you choose a cabinet with 4x12 inch speakers and those speakers are gt75's, then each speaker is capable of handling 75 watts (hence the name) collectively as a standard mono cabinet they can handle up to 300 watts, 4x12inch (75) or 150 watts for a 2x12 (75), but you could also choose a can housing the 'vintage 30' speakers, each of those handles 60 watts (unlike the name) so you could still go for a 4x12 or 2x12 caninet, but beware the 'greenbacks', they are a 1970's classic rock type speaker, they handle 25watts each which would be ok in a 4x12 but would only handle 50watts in a 2x12 !!. is that any clearer??

Lee

: : you want a JCM2000 its a 2 channel 100watt head, ive played them and they are very good, get a 2nd hand one, make sure it has had no mods done to it, these amps are very reliable, easy to service, and hold their money like a Mercedes CLK, you also need a 2x12 or 4x12 extension cab, 2x12 with celestion vintage 30 speakers would be the best, but the most common type of speaker is the celestion GT75, its a great speaker too, Marshall JCM200 will cost around £350 or $500 and the 2x12 cab around £150 $200, or the 4x12 is around £175 or $250, dont forget if you get this stuff 2nd hand and sell it later, you wont lose money, Marshall kit is as safe as the bank of zurich.
: : Lee

Alright thanks Lee...thats perfect.

: The head is the box that sits on top of the speaker cabinet, it houses a 100 watt valve amplifier and thats all, no speakers are in the head, on the back of the head you have a jack socket (usualy 1/4 inch mono) that connects to the speaker cabinet below, the speaker cab can house in most cases either 2 or 4 speakers, (2x12 or 4x12) they can collectively handle various output wattages from the head, if you choose a cabinet with 4x12 inch speakers and those speakers are gt75's, then each speaker is capable of handling 75 watts (hence the name) collectively as a standard mono cabinet they can handle up to 300 watts, 4x12inch (75) or 150 watts for a 2x12 (75), but you could also choose a can housing the 'vintage 30' speakers, each of those handles 60 watts (unlike the name) so you could still go for a 4x12 or 2x12 caninet, but beware the 'greenbacks', they are a 1970's classic rock type speaker, they handle 25watts each which would be ok in a 4x12 but would only handle 50watts in a 2x12 !!. is that any clearer??

: : : you want a JCM2000 its a 2 channel 100watt head, ive played them and they are very good, get a 2nd hand one, make sure it has had no mods done to it, these amps are very reliable, easy to service, and hold their money like a Mercedes CLK, you also need a 2x12 or 4x12 extension cab, 2x12 with celestion vintage 30 speakers would be the best, but the most common type of speaker is the celestion GT75, its a great speaker too, Marshall JCM200 will cost around £350 or $500 and the 2x12 cab around £150 $200, or the 4x12 is around £175 or $250, dont forget if you get this stuff 2nd hand and sell it later, you wont lose money, Marshall kit is as safe as the bank of zurich.
: : : Lee

Franciscan FG-3

Hey there all. I have a Franciscan FG-3 acoustic guitar I can't find a price for (or any other info) ANYWHERE. If anyone can be of assistance, I'll be forever grateful. Please contact me at eyebhdr@yahoo.com Thanks!

need diagram

I have a early 90's jap sqire strat. I have a hot rail pickup I want to put in the bridge position. It's used and don't know what brand it is. The red and black wires are together and so are the green and white.
New to this so I'm not sure how to wire it in or if there are different combinations of wiring I could consider.
Can anyone help me????
Thanks in advance!

Gibson ES-175D serial number help

I have a gibson es-175d with a serial number of 730044 and am trying to figure out the date of this guitar. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Gibson ES-175D serial number help

your serial number has 6 digits begining with a 73, there seems to be little infomation on this number range, but from what i can make out, its from the years '71, '72 or '73, maybe seems a little too obvious to be a 1973 seeing as it begins with a 73, but from what ive read on gibson serial numbers i think yours is definatly around those 3 years.
Lee

Framus Vintage

Hi. I picked up a Framus 5/118-52 Vintage Semi-Acoustic guitar a few years ago. Can anyone tell me a bit about this guitar, maybe an estimated price, I recieved a couple of qoutes, but I don't know how reliable they are. The guitar is actually in mint condition.

amp problem

need help with reverb problem with peavey bandit 112 solo series. amp getting hot shutting down.

Re: amp problem

you might discribe it in a bit more detail

Acoustic Guitar

Anyone ever hear of "Sonata" guitars? and if so...are they any good?

Re: Acoustic Guitar

: Anyone ever hear of "Sonata" guitars? and if so...are they any good?

Sonata Guitars are distributed by Brook Mays Music. They are basically a Korean guitar of good quality and are usually a pretty good value. I have owned a few in the past but currently only have their twelve string model. I am pleased with the guitar and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

I had a 1980 Sonata Dreadnought given to me by a friend recently. It definitely will not be replacing my usual guitar on stage. It is pretty good for just jamming around on. It's got too much bottom-end and not enough brilliance for me.

Can you identify this acoustic guitar?

I have an acoustic guitar with a rectangular sticker inside that reads Model No. 120776. No brand name, no indication of where it was made. There is a dove on each side of the pick guard sitting on a branch of what looks like roses. Doves and roses are painted on (paint transferred on) black plastic. I think it may be a Gibson Dove knockoff. Thanks. Pam

Changing a Telecaster pickguard

I have never changed out an pickguard on an electric guitar. I have a American made Fender Tele and I'd like to change the stock white pickguard for something a little more snappy. Can anyone describe the process for me? I can handle the part where I unscrew the screws...I'm just now sure if it will require and solder work with the neck pickup. Thanks.

Re: Changing a Telecaster pickguard

take out he screws, slacken off the strings, remove the scratchplate, very simple. No soldering.
Lee

Restringing a bigby tremolo

I've got a DeArmond with a Bigsby style tremolo and I have no idea how to restring it without scewing it up. I need help!

Looking for National Headstock Logo

My National electric is missing it's silver headstock logo. Anyone know where I can get one?

digital guitar

has gibson abandoned the idea?
Anyone know the status of it?

Re: digital guitar

thought Line 6 had this one wrapped up. talking of which, ive been very tempted to buy a line 6 guitar port, anybody have one? ive heard you have to subscribe to their website to play the thing.
Lee

Re: digital guitar

Im not sure if im thinkin the right thing, describe it i think that paradise guitars sells em, not sure. Thanks Trevor

: thought Line 6 had this one wrapped up. talking of which, ive been very tempted to buy a line 6 guitar port, anybody have one? ive heard you have to subscribe to their website to play the thing.

marshall mg 100wdfx combo funk setting

i'm looking for agood funk sound on my amp i am having trouble getting a nice sound on dist and clean.
can anyone help me?

Guitar Identification

I have a CBS MASTERWORKS accoustic guitar. The year is approx 1965, dreadnaught style, Looks like brazillian sides and back. Has any one ever heard of this guitar?

Re: Guitar Identification

didnt CBS take over the Fender factory in '65?? maybe its a Fender of some sort.
Lee

Re: Guitar Identification

Something about my IBANEZ PF150 ,please!

midi

send for me midi Mike Oldfilde ,please

Re: midi

look for it yourself

how much price of this guitar

HI

Please tell me about old acoustic guitar TOKAI model
hummingbird made in japan

1.how much price of this guitar [used and new]?
2.how old of this guitar?

thank for every thing
jira

Re: how much price of this guitar

how are we supposed to tell you that? no serial number? no previous history, why dont you help yourself out and go look at tokai guitar registry, do a little bit of leg work yourself.
Lee

Re: how much price of this guitar

Hey Lee,
Now you are starting to sound like me... I can't stand lazy people who want you to do all their work and expect you to do it! Got a computer, do it yourself.... right on...

: HI

: Please tell me about old acoustic guitar TOKAI model
: hummingbird made in japan

: 1.how much price of this guitar [used and new]?
: 2.how old of this guitar?

: thank for every thing
: jira

Need Info please!

Hi I bought this really sick black Epiphone guitar but I don't know the history to it. Can someone please help me on this? I will try to describe the guitar to you as best as I can. It is a solid body with one humbucker and two single coils. The Neck looks like and Explores necks it has black hardware like a Gothic series. The fret board is made out of fose wood, oh and the body has a licnesed Floyd Rose.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.