Home Forums Discussion Monthly Discussion Guitar Discussion Forum Archive – June, 2004

Viewing 255 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anonymous

I noticed the other day I have a few light to medium scratches of the body of my lacquer bodied Strat while playing the other day. Does anyone have any tips as to how to remove these? Will the Fender Instrument Care Kit that boasts "will remove sweat stains, oil, and light scratches" do the trick? HELP NEEDED, PLEASE!

Anonymous

all those scratches add character, take a look at SRV’s strat, or Rory Gallagher’s. Lee

Anonymous

Jesus man dont cry over a few scratches, its only a fender, anywyas, yes depending on how well you buff it and shit that kit will work, i use it for the belt scratches on the back of my 85 charvel when i show it off at guitars shows. Trevor : I noticed the other day I have a few light to medium scratches of the body of my lacquer bodied Strat while playing the other day. Does anyone have any tips as to how to remove these? Will the Fender Instrument Care Kit that boasts "will remove sweat stains, oil, and light scratches" do the trick? HELP NEEDED, PLEASE!

Anonymous

I think i have a norma semi hollow, i got it from a friend for free, and he said he got it for five bucks. the neck doesnt look entirely original though. it has two z type black pickups, a rotary switch to select between each part of the split coil, and a switch to select all the pickups. the neck inlay are N’s and it has two f holes. if anyone has a guitar similar to this description, or has pictures of any normas (or other brands) that look like this, please email me at [email protected]

Anonymous

in 1983 i bought a TEMPEST strat copy.it cost £128:00p (a fair bit then young ‘uns!!)..black,maple neck,sounded like a strat but felt better than many. i let it go for beer money when i fell in a trench..22 years later i got it back for 1 pint!! it played better but the electrics were half dead..(still are)i got new machine heads etc it tunes fine..when i repair/replace the electrics my TEMPEST strat copy will be in with a shout for best copy in …..?

Anonymous

Huh?, Must not be from around here…. : in 1983 i bought a TEMPEST strat copy.it cost £128:00p : (a fair bit then young ‘uns!!)..black,maple neck,sounded like a strat but felt better than many. : i let it go for beer money when i fell in a trench..22 years later i got it back for 1 pint!! it played better but the electrics were half dead..(still are)i got new machine heads etc it tunes fine..when i repair/replace the electrics my TEMPEST strat copy : will be in with a shout for best copy in …..?

Anonymous

right.

Anonymous

a bullock is about to plough a field, the field is 100 metres long, and 25 metres wide, with each step the bullock takes it moves forward 1 metre, the plough itself is 2.5 meters wide, if the bull started in the bottom left corner, and exits at the top right corner, how many hoof prints will be left in the field after it is ploughed?? it is the european type bullock with the standard 4 hoofs, not a custom with 5 hoofs and a gold bell, or a special with 3 hoofs and one eye. any answers??? Lee

Anonymous

ok. so, i’m a newer guitar player. i’ve only been playing about a year and i just got my first gig amp. can somebody tell me what reverb and all that stuff is. and can someone also tell me how a foot switch works and how to turn the distortion on because i dont see a button. i have a ‘peavey bandit 112’ if that helps any…thanks.

Anonymous

112 is a great gigging amp, one of the best around for all round sound, it aint no marshall but it can do a fair impression, it has a very good clean sound too, you have reverb in your case spring reverb, it adds a little tight echo effect, sound you get in an empty room, i never use it live but sounds ok when using as a practice amp, you have 2 channels, clean and distorted, the footswitch flips between the 2 channels, set your amp up for the amount of distortion by turning the ‘gain’ knob around. i think you have bass, mid, and treb for your amp tone, as far as i remember the bandit is an 80 watt output (plenty for club pub gigs) through a single speaker, and is a transistor amp with a valve preamp, which means your distortion channel will go through the vavle preamp but the clean will just use the tranistor preamp, in other words you get a great little amp for the money. Lee.

Anonymous

Hey Lee, You have patience… I would have told him to read the manual…. : 112 is a great gigging amp, one of the best around for all round sound, it aint no marshall but it can do a fair impression, it has a very good clean sound too, you have reverb in your case spring reverb, it adds a little tight echo effect, sound you get in an empty room, i never use it live but sounds ok when using as a practice amp, you have 2 channels, clean and distorted, the footswitch flips between the 2 channels, set your amp up for the amount of distortion by turning the ‘gain’ knob around. i think you have bass, mid, and treb for your amp tone, as far as i remember the bandit is an 80 watt output (plenty for club pub gigs) through a single speaker, and is a transistor amp with a valve preamp, which means your distortion channel will go through the vavle preamp but the clean will just use the tranistor preamp, in other words you get a great little amp for the money. : Lee.

Anonymous

I’m interested in a particular factory finish in saw on a Baby Bison Bass back in the early 70s. As best I can remember it was sort of a frosted purple-pink-natural sunburst. I know it sounds like hell, but it was beautiful. I need to get some photos of this so I can refinish my guitar. Can you help? Jeff

Anonymous

Hi I posted a message early but it seems that I describe my guitars boddy style. The Head stock my look like an Expolrers but the body style is not the x-shape the you would normaly think. It kind has body style of a fender or a body of the epiphone fat model. the body has a FR and all the hardware is black, it had special lockings for the FR because Epiphone did a special year but I don’t know what year that was. So if anyone can help I that would be really nice of you. Thank you for takin your time reading this message.

Anonymous

kinda sounds like a kramer but i couldnt tell ya,sorry. Trevor : Hi I posted a message early but it seems that I describe my guitars boddy style. The Head stock my look like an Expolrers but the body style is not the x-shape the you would normaly think. It kind has body style of a fender or a body of the epiphone fat model. the body has a FR and all the hardware is black, it had special lockings for the FR because Epiphone did a special year but I don’t know what year that was. So if anyone can help I that would be really nice of you. Thank you for takin your time reading this message.

Anonymous

Get some pictures and email them to me at [email protected] and ill research your guitar for ya. Trevor : kinda sounds like a kramer but i couldnt tell ya,sorry. Trevor : : Hi I posted a message early but it seems that I describe my guitars boddy style. The Head stock my look like an Expolrers but the body style is not the x-shape the you would normaly think. It kind has body style of a fender or a body of the epiphone fat model. the body has a FR and all the hardware is black, it had special lockings for the FR because Epiphone did a special year but I don’t know what year that was. So if anyone can help I that would be really nice of you. Thank you for takin your time reading this message.

Anonymous

I can’t get the guitar stand article to open. Any help?

Anonymous

Gibson SG Standard vs Gibson Les Paul Studio

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson SG Standard vs Gibson Les Paul Studio

Anonymous

Hey Lee, I have over 75 guitars and can’t stop buying them… is there some kind of medicine out there that can help me stop? I also have a wood guitar with 5 strings on it, can you tell me what it’s worth? I also have one guitar with the numbers on it 54912. What’s it worth? Maybe you can come over my house and polish all my guitars because I can’t find a rag…. Also, all my guitars need new strings and need to be tuned so bring a tuner and some strings…. Also, Should I buy a Fender or a Dean guitar? I got a beer for ya that I’ve been saving for 20 years….

Anonymous

:At last, someone on the same wavelength!! 5 strings on a wood guitar? ok a dollar for the strings, and 2 dollars for the wood, you can see what i mean? some people just cant help themselves can they? ‘ oh yeah man, i got a guitar, (i think its a guitar) its like old, (i say its old cos its been in the f%%%ing basement for 2o years and is warped to shit) you know, and like , my gran owned it for 50 years and her gran owned it (i stole it from my grans basement, i need a new pair of jogging pants, and shes going off her head so she wont know its gone) and its like red, (probably the only observation thats right) and like has these silver things on it, (strings) ok dude like how much is it worth? (i cant be arsed to take it to a dealer cos its so much easier to ask you) UUURRRRRGGGHHHHHHH !! Lee

Anonymous

Wow completely lost, Trevor : :At last, someone on the same wavelength!! 5 strings on a wood guitar? ok a dollar for the strings, and 2 dollars for the wood, you can see what i mean? some people just cant help themselves can they? : ‘ oh yeah man, i got a guitar, (i think its a guitar) its like old, (i say its old cos its been in the f%%%ing basement for 2o years and is warped to shit) you know, and like , my gran owned it for 50 years and her gran owned it (i stole it from my grans basement, i need a new pair of jogging pants, and shes going off her head so she wont know its gone) and its like red, (probably the only observation thats right) and like has these silver things on it, (strings) ok dude like how much is it worth? (i cant be arsed to take it to a dealer cos its so much easier to ask you) : UUURRRRRGGGHHHHHHH !! : Lee

Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone knew the specs on this guitar or how much its worth. i have one. PLease email me at [email protected]

Anonymous

First of all are these good guitars? and second, is there any difference between the two besides the custom having 3 humbuckers?

Anonymous

forget that epi stuff and get a real gibson SG, get a 2nd hand one, they dont cost as much as you think. Lee

Anonymous

What about the Gibson SG Special…the one thats like 650 bucks? : forget that epi stuff and get a real gibson SG, get a 2nd hand one, they dont cost as much as you think. : Lee

Anonymous

see my other post

Anonymous

I Found This At A Pawnshop:Neck That Runs Through Body…24 Frets…Gold Grovers…2 Humbucking PUs…Cream Covers…Strip Down Center Of Mohagany Body. Need To Know What This Axe Is.

Anonymous

epiphone chet atkins sst solidbody acoustic is it any good.how does it compare to the godin acoustics and fernandez etc. thanx tuki

Anonymous

try harmony-cebtral.com for reader reveiws

Anonymous

Hello: I am looking for an estimated value of an early 70’s fender p bass, with original chrome bridge cover, I believe the bass neck was replaced with a 1974 bass neck, but the bass itself is around a 1972. how can I find out?

Anonymous

iv tried to make few patches on my own, but they doesn’t sound very marvellous. so can any1 send(or give url) to som good death/black/heavy metal patches!? my email is: [email protected]

Anonymous

I am looking for a F hole Jumbo acoustic used guitar, preferably Gibson or Hofner

Anonymous

Go to http://www.comparethevalue.com and look at my Harmony 1310. It compares with any Gibson archtop and much better than a Hofner. Made around 1955, it sings and has a carved top… : I am looking for a F hole Jumbo acoustic used guitar, preferably Gibson or Hofner

Anonymous

why dont you try ebay.com

Anonymous

Les Paul Classic vs. SG standard

This popular thread has been given its own page : Les Paul Classic vs. SG standard

Anonymous

Man lee your beatin me to every inquiry here man, wish i was on more often i hardly have time to even read what you guys say to one another, oh well, Lee do you know where i could find the KH spider decal by pushead (like the one on the ESP KH-3) im lookin for a decal that looks like that to put on my flying v between the humbuckers ebcause its empty right there, ok thanks man, cheers. Trevor

Anonymous

Go to either http://www.ebay.co.uk or http://www.ebay.com type in ‘decal’ on the search, and modify it to musical instruments, there are a good few on there. not many ESP but you should e-mail the sellers and ask them for what you want, they should have it. Lee.

Anonymous

[The body of this post has been lost]

Anonymous

The Randall looks OK, it all depends on whats good to your ear, i always say if you play it and it sounds good to you, then buy it. Ive never played a Randall, they look as if the metal players use them, so if you like that dimebag type of music then go for it, it wont let you down, but ask yourself why you dont see much Randall about? why does everyone play a Marshall head and stack? why dont the pro’s play an Epi les paul? why do they play Gibson les pauls? is the Randall a Valve amp? 200 watts? is it Solid state? how many players use solid state amps? if you want a heavier sound try pushing a good quality distortion pedal through the front of the marshall amp. You should do some research into the sound the you want, look into what your fav players are using, maybe go from there, but dont rush into anything. Lee

Anonymous

Good call guys, the Randall really is awesome, but probably would be better suited for metal. I think im gonna take another look at the Marshalls. : The Randall looks OK, it all depends on whats good to your ear, i always say if you play it and it sounds good to you, then buy it. Ive never played a Randall, they look as if the metal players use them, so if you like that dimebag type of music then go for it, it wont let you down, but ask yourself why you dont see much Randall about? why does everyone play a Marshall head and stack? why dont the pro’s play an Epi les paul? why do they play Gibson les pauls? is the Randall a Valve amp? 200 watts? is it Solid state? how many players use solid state amps? if you want a heavier sound try pushing a good quality distortion pedal through the front of the marshall amp. You should do some research into the sound the you want, look into what your fav players are using, maybe go from there, but dont rush into anything. : Lee

Anonymous

Hi I bought this really sick black Epiphone guitar but I don’t know the history to it. Can someone please help me on this? I will try to describe the guitar to you as best as I can. It is a solid body with one humbucker and two single coils. The Neck looks like and Explores necks it has black hardware like a Gothic series. The fret board is made out of fose wood, oh and the body has a licnesed Floyd Rose.

Anonymous

Yes, I am sorry I forgot to add one more thing the body also looks like the fat epiphone model its had the one humbucker to single coils. The body also has a five way switch and two knobs one for tone and volume. Its sick dude I need to get a camera and take pic. Thanks for your help on this.

Anonymous

Sounds like an epiphone explorer but you never described the body, i wanna say its an epiphone gothic explorer/FR (FR meaning floyd rose trem system) if your guitar actually is an epi explorer, they are really nice guitars, a cheap alternative to a gibson explorer, and easily customizable without worry of ruining it.send pictures, Trevor : Hi I bought this really sick black Epiphone guitar but I don’t know the history to it. Can someone please help me on this? I will try to describe the guitar to you as best as I can. It is a solid body with one humbucker and two single coils. The Neck looks like and Explores necks it has black hardware like a Gothic series. The fret board is made out of fose wood, oh and the body has a licnesed Floyd Rose.

Anonymous

The body style of my guitar really doesn’t have the X shape like the explorer really has. It has more of a Ibanez shape expect without the sharp edges. Its really nice and it does have the FR on it. The strange thing it has rare locking for the FR and only eight serial numbers on the neck.

Anonymous

HI Please tell me about old acoustic guitar TOKAI model hummingbird made in japan 1.how much price of this guitar [used and new]? 2.how old of this guitar? thank for every thing jira

Anonymous

Hey Lee, Now you are starting to sound like me… I can’t stand lazy people who want you to do all their work and expect you to do it! Got a computer, do it yourself…. right on… : HI : Please tell me about old acoustic guitar TOKAI model : hummingbird made in japan : 1.how much price of this guitar [used and new]? : 2.how old of this guitar? : thank for every thing : jira

Anonymous

how are we supposed to tell you that? no serial number? no previous history, why dont you help yourself out and go look at tokai guitar registry, do a little bit of leg work yourself. Lee

Anonymous

send for me midi Mike Oldfilde ,please

Anonymous

look for it yourself

Anonymous

I have a CBS MASTERWORKS accoustic guitar. The year is approx 1965, dreadnaught style, Looks like brazillian sides and back. Has any one ever heard of this guitar?

Anonymous

Something about my IBANEZ PF150 ,please!

Anonymous

didnt CBS take over the Fender factory in ’65?? maybe its a Fender of some sort. Lee

Anonymous

i’m looking for agood funk sound on my amp i am having trouble getting a nice sound on dist and clean. can anyone help me?

Anonymous

has gibson abandoned the idea? Anyone know the status of it?

Anonymous

thought Line 6 had this one wrapped up. talking of which, ive been very tempted to buy a line 6 guitar port, anybody have one? ive heard you have to subscribe to their website to play the thing. Lee

Anonymous

Im not sure if im thinkin the right thing, describe it i think that paradise guitars sells em, not sure. Thanks Trevor : thought Line 6 had this one wrapped up. talking of which, ive been very tempted to buy a line 6 guitar port, anybody have one? ive heard you have to subscribe to their website to play the thing. : Lee

Anonymous

My National electric is missing it’s silver headstock logo. Anyone know where I can get one?

Anonymous

I’ve got a DeArmond with a Bigsby style tremolo and I have no idea how to restring it without scewing it up. I need help!

Anonymous

I have never changed out an pickguard on an electric guitar. I have a American made Fender Tele and I’d like to change the stock white pickguard for something a little more snappy. Can anyone describe the process for me? I can handle the part where I unscrew the screws…I’m just now sure if it will require and solder work with the neck pickup. Thanks.

Anonymous

take out he screws, slacken off the strings, remove the scratchplate, very simple. No soldering. Lee

Anonymous

I have an acoustic guitar with a rectangular sticker inside that reads Model No. 120776. No brand name, no indication of where it was made. There is a dove on each side of the pick guard sitting on a branch of what looks like roses. Doves and roses are painted on (paint transferred on) black plastic. I think it may be a Gibson Dove knockoff. Thanks. Pam

Anonymous

Anyone ever hear of "Sonata" guitars? and if so…are they any good?

Anonymous

: Anyone ever hear of "Sonata" guitars? and if so…are they any good?

Anonymous

Sonata Guitars are distributed by Brook Mays Music. They are basically a Korean guitar of good quality and are usually a pretty good value. I have owned a few in the past but currently only have their twelve string model. I am pleased with the guitar and wouldn’t hesitate to buy another.

Anonymous

I had a 1980 Sonata Dreadnought given to me by a friend recently. It definitely will not be replacing my usual guitar on stage. It is pretty good for just jamming around on. It’s got too much bottom-end and not enough brilliance for me.

Anonymous

need help with reverb problem with peavey bandit 112 solo series. amp getting hot shutting down.

Anonymous

you might discribe it in a bit more detail

Anonymous

Hi. I picked up a Framus 5/118-52 Vintage Semi-Acoustic guitar a few years ago. Can anyone tell me a bit about this guitar, maybe an estimated price, I recieved a couple of qoutes, but I don’t know how reliable they are. The guitar is actually in mint condition.

Anonymous

I have a gibson es-175d with a serial number of 730044 and am trying to figure out the date of this guitar. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Anonymous

your serial number has 6 digits begining with a 73, there seems to be little infomation on this number range, but from what i can make out, its from the years ’71, ’72 or ’73, maybe seems a little too obvious to be a 1973 seeing as it begins with a 73, but from what ive read on gibson serial numbers i think yours is definatly around those 3 years. Lee

Anonymous

I have a early 90’s jap sqire strat. I have a hot rail pickup I want to put in the bridge position. It’s used and don’t know what brand it is. The red and black wires are together and so are the green and white. New to this so I’m not sure how to wire it in or if there are different combinations of wiring I could consider. Can anyone help me???? Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Hey there all. I have a Franciscan FG-3 acoustic guitar I can’t find a price for (or any other info) ANYWHERE. If anyone can be of assistance, I’ll be forever grateful. Please contact me at [email protected] Thanks!

Anonymous

Sorry about all the questions here Lee but im in the process of getting some money together and getting some gear thats gonna be good for the rest of my life lol. I was wondering how much a deccent Marshall head and cabinet would cost me?…or if you could give my an idea of a decent one so i can price it. I’ve been lookin around the net and they all look the same to me, i dont know a whole lot about them.

Anonymous

you want a JCM2000 its a 2 channel 100watt head, ive played them and they are very good, get a 2nd hand one, make sure it has had no mods done to it, these amps are very reliable, easy to service, and hold their money like a Mercedes CLK, you also need a 2×12 or 4×12 extension cab, 2×12 with celestion vintage 30 speakers would be the best, but the most common type of speaker is the celestion GT75, its a great speaker too, Marshall JCM200 will cost around £350 or $500 and the 2×12 cab around £150 $200, or the 4×12 is around £175 or $250, dont forget if you get this stuff 2nd hand and sell it later, you wont lose money, Marshall kit is as safe as the bank of zurich. Lee

Anonymous

Is the head itself actually a 100 watt speaker or does "100 watt Head" just mean its capable of throwing out 100watts?…you know like a amplifier you’d use when wiring a car stereo system. : you want a JCM2000 its a 2 channel 100watt head, ive played them and they are very good, get a 2nd hand one, make sure it has had no mods done to it, these amps are very reliable, easy to service, and hold their money like a Mercedes CLK, you also need a 2×12 or 4×12 extension cab, 2×12 with celestion vintage 30 speakers would be the best, but the most common type of speaker is the celestion GT75, its a great speaker too, Marshall JCM200 will cost around £350 or $500 and the 2×12 cab around £150 $200, or the 4×12 is around £175 or $250, dont forget if you get this stuff 2nd hand and sell it later, you wont lose money, Marshall kit is as safe as the bank of zurich. : Lee

Anonymous

The head is the box that sits on top of the speaker cabinet, it houses a 100 watt valve amplifier and thats all, no speakers are in the head, on the back of the head you have a jack socket (usualy 1/4 inch mono) that connects to the speaker cabinet below, the speaker cab can house in most cases either 2 or 4 speakers, (2×12 or 4×12) they can collectively handle various output wattages from the head, if you choose a cabinet with 4×12 inch speakers and those speakers are gt75’s, then each speaker is capable of handling 75 watts (hence the name) collectively as a standard mono cabinet they can handle up to 300 watts, 4x12inch (75) or 150 watts for a 2×12 (75), but you could also choose a can housing the ‘vintage 30’ speakers, each of those handles 60 watts (unlike the name) so you could still go for a 4×12 or 2×12 caninet, but beware the ‘greenbacks’, they are a 1970’s classic rock type speaker, they handle 25watts each which would be ok in a 4×12 but would only handle 50watts in a 2×12 !!. is that any clearer?? Lee : : you want a JCM2000 its a 2 channel 100watt head, ive played them and they are very good, get a 2nd hand one, make sure it has had no mods done to it, these amps are very reliable, easy to service, and hold their money like a Mercedes CLK, you also need a 2×12 or 4×12 extension cab, 2×12 with celestion vintage 30 speakers would be the best, but the most common type of speaker is the celestion GT75, its a great speaker too, Marshall JCM200 will cost around £350 or $500 and the 2×12 cab around £150 $200, or the 4×12 is around £175 or $250, dont forget if you get this stuff 2nd hand and sell it later, you wont lose money, Marshall kit is as safe as the bank of zurich. : : Lee

Anonymous

Alright thanks Lee…thats perfect. : The head is the box that sits on top of the speaker cabinet, it houses a 100 watt valve amplifier and thats all, no speakers are in the head, on the back of the head you have a jack socket (usualy 1/4 inch mono) that connects to the speaker cabinet below, the speaker cab can house in most cases either 2 or 4 speakers, (2×12 or 4×12) they can collectively handle various output wattages from the head, if you choose a cabinet with 4×12 inch speakers and those speakers are gt75’s, then each speaker is capable of handling 75 watts (hence the name) collectively as a standard mono cabinet they can handle up to 300 watts, 4x12inch (75) or 150 watts for a 2×12 (75), but you could also choose a can housing the ‘vintage 30’ speakers, each of those handles 60 watts (unlike the name) so you could still go for a 4×12 or 2×12 caninet, but beware the ‘greenbacks’, they are a 1970’s classic rock type speaker, they handle 25watts each which would be ok in a 4×12 but would only handle 50watts in a 2×12 !!. is that any clearer?? : Lee : : : you want a JCM2000 its a 2 channel 100watt head, ive played them and they are very good, get a 2nd hand one, make sure it has had no mods done to it, these amps are very reliable, easy to service, and hold their money like a Mercedes CLK, you also need a 2×12 or 4×12 extension cab, 2×12 with celestion vintage 30 speakers would be the best, but the most common type of speaker is the celestion GT75, its a great speaker too, Marshall JCM200 will cost around £350 or $500 and the 2×12 cab around £150 $200, or the 4×12 is around £175 or $250, dont forget if you get this stuff 2nd hand and sell it later, you wont lose money, Marshall kit is as safe as the bank of zurich. : : : Lee

Anonymous

I forget the name of the model but marshal seels its either a half or full stack amp and head combo for abvout 645 dollars at paradise guitars in beloit, i can go check it out later and get back to you if i can but ive tried it and its a nice amp, supposedly marshal sells that model for cheap for no reason, its not used or anything, i just found that unusual. otherwise ill keep an eye out also. Trevor : Sorry about all the questions here Lee but im in the process of getting some money together and getting some gear thats gonna be good for the rest of my life lol. : I was wondering how much a deccent Marshall head and cabinet would cost me?…or if you could give my an idea of a decent one so i can price it. I’ve been lookin around the net and they all look the same to me, i dont know a whole lot about them.

Anonymous

Alright thanks Trevor, i appreciate it. : I forget the name of the model but marshal seels its either a half or full stack amp and head combo for abvout 645 dollars at paradise guitars in beloit, i can go check it out later and get back to you if i can but ive tried it and its a nice amp, supposedly marshal sells that model for cheap for no reason, its not used or anything, i just found that unusual. otherwise ill keep an eye out also. Trevor : : Sorry about all the questions here Lee but im in the process of getting some money together and getting some gear thats gonna be good for the rest of my life lol. : : I was wondering how much a deccent Marshall head and cabinet would cost me?…or if you could give my an idea of a decent one so i can price it. I’ve been lookin around the net and they all look the same to me, i dont know a whole lot about them.

Anonymous

Cort flying v

This popular thread has been given its own page : Cort flying v

Anonymous

click link for info

Anonymous

Yeah give me the 3 grand and I’ll buy it. : : click link for info

Anonymous

can anyone tell me the age of this model and any details of it’s quality and value?

Anonymous

I have a Charvel Jackson guitar with serial number 376837 and I am not sure if it was made in the US. Does anyone know where I can find a definitive answer about where my guitar was made?

Anonymous

: I have a Charvel Jackson guitar with serial number 296774 and I am not sure if it was made in the US. Does anyone know where I can find a definitive answer about where my guitar was made? What’s the price? Thanks

Anonymous

: : I have a Charvel Jackson guitar with serial number 296774 and I am not sure if it was made in the US. Does anyone know where I can find a definitive answer about where my guitar was made? : What’s the price? : Thanks

Anonymous

: : : I have a Charvel Jackson guitar with serial number 319276 and I am not sure if it was made in the US. Does anyone know where I can find a definitive answer about where my guitar was made? : : What’s the price? : : Thanks

Anonymous

Well im gunna have to say its prolly import because usa made usually has neck thru bodies and is high quality because they are mostly custom shop so im gunna say import, not sure from where though. Trevor : I have a Charvel Jackson guitar with serial number 376837 and I am not sure if it was made in the US. Does anyone know where I can find a definitive answer about where my guitar was made?

Anonymous

How do I keep the G String from slipping

This popular thread has been given its own page : How do I keep the G String from slipping

Anonymous

Ser# MN7105516 PowerHouse Strat. When was this guitar made?

Anonymous

:Serial no# Z0147712 Fende Stratocaster made in Corona ca. whats the year and its Value of the guitar. Dee Capper

Anonymous

: Ser# 329914 Jackson Charvel Floyd Rose. How much is this guitar worth?

Anonymous

SERIAL#652957; This is a Fender Telecaster custom. Can you tell me the production date?

Anonymous

: Ser# MN7105516 PowerHouse Strat. When was this guitar made?

Anonymous

Don’t no make or model, but the serial # is L9173 Flattop acoustic Thank You

Anonymous

Hey does anyone know the effects settings for the live version of the heretic anthem in london?

Anonymous

Yeah se your amp to "crap" : Hey does anyone know the effects settings for the live version of the heretic anthem in london?

Anonymous

: Yeah se your amp to "crap" : : Hey does anyone know the effects settings for the live version of the heretic anthem in london? that was fucking retarded, u dumbass

Anonymous

Hi, I currently own an Alvarez Regent classical acoustic guitar model number 5011 and was made in Korea. It’s been passed down for a while and was purchased by my mother in the mid to late 60’s and was used when she bought it. It’s in almost new condition miraculously,and the only thing that’s been changed is the strings. Everything else is original. So if someone could just help me out a little bit here about the value of this guitar, i’d appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Anonymous

Go here, http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/ Look it up… simple….. : Hi, I currently own an Alvarez Regent classical acoustic guitar model number 5011 and was made in Korea. It’s been passed down for a while and was purchased by my mother in the mid to late 60’s and was used when she bought it. It’s in almost new condition miraculously,and the only thing that’s been changed is the strings. Everything else is original. So if someone could just help me out a little bit here about the value of this guitar, i’d appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Anonymous

dont know about a mid 60’s one, but most of these ive seen seem to go for between $100 – $200, cant think of a single guitar made in Korea thats worth a real lot of money, they never were and still arent that great at making them. Lee

Anonymous

Hey Lee, Have to disagree with you on this one. The Alverez guitars rival Gibsons. The Yari hand made ones are awesome. I have 64 guitars…. 12 acoustics Guild D-55, Gibson J-200, Gibson Dove, Martin D-28 Etc… and my Yari guitars kick the crap out of them…. The higher the number DY-XX the better the guitar… Try one out, you will be impressed…. : dont know about a mid 60’s one, but most of these ive seen seem to go for between $100 – $200, cant think of a single guitar made in Korea thats worth a real lot of money, they never were and still arent that great at making them. : Lee

Anonymous

i stand corrected, must be getting them mixed up with something else. but if i had an old guitar i would be looking around the internet myself.

Anonymous

Just wondering if anyone knew of some sites displaying some known presets? google don’t list jack.

Anonymous

I want an electric acoustic buti dont know much about them. Whats the best one i can get for like $450 tops.

Anonymous

I’m leaning towards this one http://www.music123.com/Alvarez-AD60SCBK-i46301.music Looks pretty good. : I want an electric acoustic buti dont know much about them. Whats the best one i can get for like $450 tops.

Anonymous

do you realy need the electro side of it? do you need to plug it into an amp? i would avoid washburns at that price, also fenders, dont be sucked in by the name, the one you gave the url for looks good, ive never played one, the reader reviews look good but nobody is going to admit they bought a pup, you need to get along and play some, ive had electro acoustics and they genraly sound better through an amp if they have a laminated top, they sound better accousticly if they have a solid spruce top, which is something you need to consider, a lot of the top end takamine’s have laminated tops they sound fantastic through a PA, but nowhere near as good unplugged. i would recomend Crafter to anyone, but i think youhave problems getting them in the US, they are a fantastic guitar at the kind of money you want to spend. http://www.crafterguitars.com/main.html but the alveraz looks good, solid top will ensure a better accoustic tone than the laminated, GrafX system will help cut out the feedback on stage. Lee

Anonymous

yeah i’d rather have an electric/acoustic, that way i can get the best of bost worlds i figure. The Alvarez looks pretty good like you said, it also has a built in tuner which is a plus. : do you realy need the electro side of it? do you need to plug it into an amp? i would avoid washburns at that price, also fenders, dont be sucked in by the name, the one you gave the url for looks good, ive never played one, the reader reviews look good but nobody is going to admit they bought a pup, you need to get along and play some, ive had electro acoustics and they genraly sound better through an amp if they have a laminated top, they sound better accousticly if they have a solid spruce top, which is something you need to consider, a lot of the top end takamine’s have laminated tops they sound fantastic through a PA, but nowhere near as good unplugged. i would recomend Crafter to anyone, but i think youhave problems getting them in the US, they are a fantastic guitar at the kind of money you want to spend. : http://www.crafterguitars.com/main.html : but the alveraz looks good, solid top will ensure a better accoustic tone than the laminated, GrafX system will help cut out the feedback on stage. : Lee

Anonymous

Has anyone got a Washburn Falcon for sale, please e-mail pics, details, & what ever else. Thanks

Anonymous

: Has anyone got a Washburn Falcon for sale, please e-mail pics, details, & what ever else. : Thanks I have a turn-of-the-century parlor guitar that has a label that says "Falcon Guitar." Is this what you are looking for?

Anonymous

: : Has anyone got a Washburn Falcon for sale, please e-mail pics, details, & what ever else. : : Thanks : I have a turn-of-the-century parlor guitar that has a label that says "Falcon Guitar." Is this what you are looking for? Yepp ! I have a Washburn Falcon. I bought it two years ago but now it don´t fits the musicstyle in our band. We are playing country music and this isn´t a country guitar at all, as you know. If you are interested, give me a message and if you wnt, I will send you som pics. Olle

Anonymous

: Hi! : Where can I get a new old stock (!) USA Fender HM Strat?? : I live in Germany.. : All the best, : Sascha : PS: If you have any comment, write me an email!

Anonymous

If anyone is selling or knows where to get a hohner prinz please let me know. Thank you.

Anonymous

How much are you willing to pay??? It is an old instrument with a high value

Anonymous

Beginner Guitarist Needs Help! Fender or Washburn and...

This popular thread has been given its own page : Beginner Guitarist Needs Help! Fender or Washburn and…

Anonymous

I need help finding some gutair cords for avril lavigne and if u need to no what kinda gutair it is its a acustic or w/e thanks a bunch!!

Anonymous

: I need help finding some gutair cords for avril lavigne and if u need to no what kinda gutair it is its a acustic or w/e thanks a bunch!!

Anonymous

: : I need help finding some gutair cords for avril lavigne and if u need to no what kinda gutair it is its a acustic or w/e thanks a bunch!! from the under my skin cd plaz;)

Anonymous

it would help if you told us where he/she last left them?

Anonymous

I have an Ovation 1655 made sometimne between May and Dec 1984. It is in excellent condition. Anyone have an estimate of worth? If you are collector, I would consider releasing it at a reasonable price.

Anonymous

I have the same guitar and talked to the folks at the local guitar shop. This guitar would resell for $549 according to the blue book.

Anonymous

I’m looking for a Nippon Gakki red label FG-180 from the late sixties/early seventies. I expect there to be some wear on the body, but would be thrilled to find one in mint condition. At the very least, it should be in very good condition — bascially, I don’t want to have to fix anything. If you have one you’d like to sell and are willing to ship to the midwest, please let me know!

Anonymous

Did you ever find a fg180? What are these valued at? Terry : I’m looking for a Nippon Gakki red label FG-180 from the late sixties/early seventies. I expect there to be some wear on the body, but would be thrilled to find one in mint condition. At the very least, it should be in very good condition — bascially, I don’t want to have to fix anything. If you have one you’d like to sell and are willing to ship to the midwest, please let me know!

Anonymous

Hi! Where can I get a new old stock (!) USA Fender HM Strat?? I live in Germany.. All the best, Sascha PS: If you have any comment, write me an email!

Anonymous

: Hi! : Where can I get a new old stock (!) USA Fender HM Strat?? : I live in Germany.. : All the best, : Sascha : PS: If you have any comment, write me an email! Hi Sascha, my name is Monte Yoder and I live in the Kansas City, KS USA area. I collect HM Strats and have around 20 of them right now. Have you found one yet? I see you would like a NOS. While I have a couple that are in near new shape, most HMs were played alot in their day. Let me know if you want to deal, but I’m just guessing that the shipping to Germany would be $$$. Later.

Anonymous

: : Hi! : : Where can I get a new old stock (!) USA Fender HM Strat?? : : I live in Germany.. hello, i am nick from pittsburgh pennsylvania in the usa. have you found one yet? I would like one also. Please get back to me. thank you. nick : : All the best, : : Sascha : : PS: If you have any comment, write me an email! : Hi Sascha, my name is Monte Yoder and I live in the Kansas City, KS USA area. I collect HM Strats and have around 20 of them right now. Have you found one yet? I see you would like a NOS. While I have a couple that are in near new shape, most HMs were played alot in their day. Let me know if you want to deal, but I’m just guessing that the shipping to Germany would be $$$. Later.

Anonymous

: : : Hi! : : : Where can I get a new old stock (!) USA Fender HM Strat?? I have one for sale here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3775739763&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT : : : I live in Germany.. : hello, i am nick from pittsburgh pennsylvania in the usa. have you found one yet? I would like one also. Please get back to me. thank you. nick : : : All the best, : : : Sascha : : : PS: If you have any comment, write me an email! : : Hi Sascha, my name is Monte Yoder and I live in the Kansas City, KS USA area. I collect HM Strats and have around 20 of them right now. Have you found one yet? I see you would like a NOS. While I have a couple that are in near new shape, most HMs were played alot in their day. Let me know if you want to deal, but I’m just guessing that the shipping to Germany would be $$$. Later.

Anonymous

Hi there, I’m fromn Italy…. I’d like to buy a HM strat… PLEAS contact me!! [email protected]

Anonymous

When you buy a brand new pedal does it come with an AC Adapter or do you have to buy one seperate?

Anonymous

99.9% of the time you have to buy one John, but dont buy the manufacturers one, just match the adapter voltage to a universal one.

Anonymous

: When you buy a brand new pedal does it come with an AC Adapter or do you have to buy one seperate? And one more thing, i put a brand new battery in my Boss Chorus pedal and it lasted all of about 3 hours. So im wondering about adapters.

Anonymous

should last longer than that, are you sure it was a fresh one? i have various pedals with 9v batteries and they last for a good few outings before i change them. if your pedal saps a battery that quick then i would look for the adapter. Lee

Anonymous

: should last longer than that, are you sure it was a fresh one? i have various pedals with 9v batteries and they last for a good few outings before i change them. if your pedal saps a battery that quick then i would look for the adapter. : Lee Alright thanks, i’ve got it hooked up to a adapter now and its workin great, better then with the battery. I assume i use the 9 volt setting on the adapter because it uses a 9 volt battery, and yeah it was a panasonic battery they’re pretty much crap. Can anyone explain to me how i would set up multiple pedals? like on a pedal board, would i need an individual adapter for every pedal then? there must be an easier way then that.

Anonymous

there is an adapter which will serve all your pedals, one adapter and many leads, most of your effects pedals will run at 9v as does this multi-adapter, im sure ‘Boss’ do one, but have a look at ‘Radioshack’ for it if you are american, or ‘Maplins.co.uk’ if you are English (like me). :

Anonymous

: there is an adapter which will serve all your pedals, one adapter and many leads, most of your effects pedals will run at 9v as does this multi-adapter, im sure ‘Boss’ do one, but have a look at ‘Radioshack’ for it if you are american, or ‘Maplins.co.uk’ if you are English (like me). : : Thanks alot lee…i only have one more question. Is there a specific name for this thing?

Anonymous

go to http://www.maplins.co.uk and in the product search box put in the product code: VV33L make a note of it, obviously this will do you no good because our (UK) voltage runs at 240v and yours is 110v, but the product will be the same for your radioshack. Lee

Anonymous

I discovered this by accident while tuning my guitar so I could follow a recording by Chet Atkins playing the theme song from Romeo and Juliet. The sound seems to be in standard tuning, however when I matched the sound by tuning the first string (small E) the corresponding sound was an (F), I then tuned my guitar the rest of the way by ear using the method of 1st string open and 2nd string at the 5th fret, 2nd open with 3rd at 4th fret, 4open and 5th at 5th fret and so on to the 6th. this is how I tuned my guitar for standard tuning, geting E,A,D,G,B,E. By using this method after copying the sound of the first string on the recording as the starting point I wound up with F,A#,d#,g#,C, F. I was very impressed at the sound that this produced, the cords seem to be more in harmony, and more melodious. I also discovered that I could play songs as I would be playing in standard tuning and the music sounded much better. Many of you may already know about this, I thought that those of you who have not experimented with alternate tunings would want to try this, I may never return to standard tuning after this, I think that this tuning is how the Nashville Cats get that marvelous sound.

Anonymous

not realy an alternate tuning is it? all you have done is tune the guitar up half a step, why not save your self all the bother and stick a capo on the first fret, like Chet did. Lee.

Anonymous

: not realy an alternate tuning is it? all you have done is tune the guitar up half a step, why not save your self all the bother and stick a capo on the first fret, like Chet did. : Lee.

Anonymous

Hey: Thanks I never thought of that, I never use a capo anyway and had not thought of that. It would make it much simpler than tuning as you suggest.

Anonymous

Anybody????? Help. I bought it new in 1980 Thanks R2

Anonymous

great accoustic, solid spruce top, gets lots of great reveiws, price? about $300-$400 depending on condition. Lee

Anonymous

hello there I would really love to learn this song(it can be found on one of the Jools Holland Cds). Please could anyone tell me where to get the music for this song from or anything. Ive posted this message before cos im so desperate to learn it!

Anonymous

i have a telecast that im not so sure about the date of it….it was made in mexico….but i looked at another fender site and it said the 400,000 were made in the 70’s but this other site said it was made in like 95 or 96…. the serial number is MN400768 email me if you can help me out .::Zakk::.

Anonymous

The "MN" series was made in Mexico.It’s probably a copy of a 70’s Tele. Good Luck

Anonymous

I have one of your student guitars; purchased from an Estaban feature on TV. Where can I buy another one? Reply E-Mail.

Anonymous

somebody enlighten me here…

Anonymous

I’m lost too… maybe too much drink…. better go to bed.. : somebody enlighten me here…

Anonymous

Hey I was looking for a list of or even photos of Adrian Belews gear and pedals. Checked at Guitar geek and they had nothing. Didn’t find anything on his site or Crimson sites. Doesn’t even need to be the most up to date…any time period would be good. Anyone help? James

Anonymous

i have kay guitar that looks like a les paul,can anyone give me any info at all about it or a related site,it is black with cream around the edges with pearl inlays

Anonymous

i beleive they were made in Japan in late 60’s early to mid 70’s, they were a good honest copy, pickups were a bit under powered, these were quite good copies, 3 peice mahogany body, perhaps if you change the pickups for some Seymour Duncans it would improve it a great deal, but then you would probably pay more for the pickups than the guitar is worth, i think you can get good example Kay copies for around $280.

Anonymous

how now I just want to check your mail

Anonymous

Please any on out there who has the Tabit 1.62 unlock file pleas send it. Thanx

Anonymous

im lookin for a pair of decent humbuckers to put in my flying v if anybody has any layin around please tell me, thanks, trevor

Anonymous

Trevor, you know you have to invest in some Seymour seth lovers, get your wallet out and give that matercard another bashing. Lee

Anonymous

unfortunatly im only 16 and that mastercard, whoa not there, and i have to work alot to pay for the shit i got, so im lookin for some duncan designs for cheap. : Trevor, you know you have to invest in some Seymour seth lovers, get your wallet out and give that matercard another bashing. : Lee

Anonymous

get a saturday job, save up, think of those seths as an investment, they are leathal sounding buckers.

Anonymous

They any good for the old school metallica tone? Trevor : get a saturday job, save up, think of those seths as an investment, they are leathal sounding buckers.

Anonymous

EMG

Anonymous

Hell yeah but like i said, im short on money for bout 1 or 2 months especially for EMG’s i use (81 81 active combo) so i was wonderin if there are any cheap alternatives for the time being, thanks Lee, Trevor : EMG

Anonymous

I have a 1985 charvel model 4 with a kahler floating Trem system, im not good with prices so i need help, i need to know how much a kahler floating trem is worth, and how much a charvel in close to mint condition is worth, and if your interested in this guitar its for sale by the way, Thanks to all who respond, Trevor

Anonymous

Well,it depends on the condition of the saddles.Used…I would say about $75-$85.New….I think maybe $140. hope this helps

Anonymous

I just bought a Boss HM-2 distortion pedal. Its the first pedal i’ve ever bought. When i turn it on my guitar squeals unbelievably. I was wondering if im doing something wrong, or if its just a faulty pedal. Heres what i did, i put my amp on clean, and just fooled with the settings on the pedal a little. I found that i can get a cool sound when the tone and stuff is high but then the guitar squels…i dunno…any idea?

Anonymous

Your first pedal…cool. A common mistake that people make is to turn the amp volume to 5….and dist. level to 10.Distortion "IS" volume.So,try turning the dist. level down to 3 or 4. Also,turn down the volume of the dist. pedal.Cuz the amp has volume,the pedal has volume,and dist. IS volume. A bad battery can also make a pedal do weird things. If this doesn’t help then you might have a bad pedal. Good Luck

Anonymous

: Your first pedal…cool. : A common mistake that people make is to turn the amp volume to 5….and dist. level to 10.Distortion "IS" volume.So,try turning the dist. level down to 3 or 4. : Also,turn down the volume of the dist. pedal.Cuz the amp has volume,the pedal has volume,and dist. IS volume. : A bad battery can also make a pedal do weird things. : If this doesn’t help then you might have a bad pedal. : Good Luck Yeah thanks guys, it took some screwin with and getting used to but its workin great now. Thanks again

Anonymous

Squeals when you change to distortion? If so im guessing it squeals even when the strings arent moving and when doin palm mutes it squeals, if these are some of the symptoms then all i can tell you to do is point your strings away from the amp and rock the guitar a little to get it out of the amps frequency waves, i have to do it with my RP200 and 300, i still have yet to find out what it is, but for the meantime i rock it around after i mute and it stops until i strike it a bit, maybe lee will know. Trevor : I just bought a Boss HM-2 distortion pedal. Its the first pedal i’ve ever bought. When i turn it on my guitar squeals unbelievably. I was wondering if im doing something wrong, or if its just a faulty pedal. : Heres what i did, i put my amp on clean, and just fooled with the settings on the pedal a little. I found that i can get a cool sound when the tone and stuff is high but then the guitar squels…i dunno…any idea?

Anonymous

: Squeals when you change to distortion? If so im guessing it squeals even when the strings arent moving and when doin palm mutes it squeals, if these are some of the symptoms then all i can tell you to do is point your strings away from the amp and rock the guitar a little to get it out of the amps frequency waves, i have to do it with my RP200 and 300, i still have yet to find out what it is, but for the meantime i rock it around after i mute and it stops until i strike it a bit, maybe lee will know. Trevor : : I just bought a Boss HM-2 distortion pedal. Its the first pedal i’ve ever bought. When i turn it on my guitar squeals unbelievably. I was wondering if im doing something wrong, or if its just a faulty pedal. Well ok I’ll give you the whole run down here. When i turn on the pedal it squels. When i take my hands of the strings usually. Even when im far away from, and back on to m amp. Maybe if i screw with my treb/mid/bass on my amp it’ll calm down a little. Plus from what i’ve read the HM-2 takes alot of fuckin with to get it right. I guess its pretty normal, but i’ve never used a pedal before so i thought it might be somethin screwed with it.

Anonymous

Ok then i dont know what it is but everytime i turn a distortion channel on in the RP300 it squeals, but like i said if i rock it, it usually stops, no matter how far away mine squeals too, i dunno though tell me your resaults with messin round with treble n shit. Trevor : : Squeals when you change to distortion? If so im guessing it squeals even when the strings arent moving and when doin palm mutes it squeals, if these are some of the symptoms then all i can tell you to do is point your strings away from the amp and rock the guitar a little to get it out of the amps frequency waves, i have to do it with my RP200 and 300, i still have yet to find out what it is, but for the meantime i rock it around after i mute and it stops until i strike it a bit, maybe lee will know. Trevor : : : I just bought a Boss HM-2 distortion pedal. Its the first pedal i’ve ever bought. When i turn it on my guitar squeals unbelievably. I was wondering if im doing something wrong, or if its just a faulty pedal. : Well ok I’ll give you the whole run down here. : When i turn on the pedal it squels. When i take my hands of the strings usually. Even when im far away from, and back on to m amp. Maybe if i screw with my treb/mid/bass on my amp it’ll calm down a little. Plus from what i’ve read the HM-2 takes alot of fuckin with to get it right. : I guess its pretty normal, but i’ve never used a pedal before so i thought it might be somethin screwed with it.

Anonymous

Alright man i’ve been screwin with it a little and heres what i’ve found out….its alot "fuzzier" then the overdrive on my amp. Also, when the amp is clean i can get the pedal workin pretty good…but when i have my overdrive up and turn the pedal on it squels…and i cant get a good sound out of it even when i screw with the controls.

Anonymous

ok man, thanks for the info, ill try messin with the stuff but maybe we have bad pedals, my RP300 was used when i bought it so ill see whats up. Trevor : Alright man i’ve been screwin with it a little and heres what i’ve found out….its alot "fuzzier" then the overdrive on my amp. Also, when the amp is clean i can get the pedal workin pretty good…but when i have my overdrive up and turn the pedal on it squels…and i cant get a good sound out of it even when i screw with the controls.

Anonymous

: ok man, thanks for the info, ill try messin with the stuff but maybe we have bad pedals, my RP300 was used when i bought it so ill see whats up. Trevor : : Alright man i’ve been screwin with it a little and heres what i’ve found out….its alot "fuzzier" then the overdrive on my amp. Also, when the amp is clean i can get the pedal workin pretty good…but when i have my overdrive up and turn the pedal on it squels…and i cant get a good sound out of it even when i screw with the controls. Maybe my amp just sucks. its some crap ass name 30 watt

Anonymous

Well my amp is a all tube crate stealth halfstack so i dunno bout mine suckin, but it does at time trevor : : ok man, thanks for the info, ill try messin with the stuff but maybe we have bad pedals, my RP300 was used when i bought it so ill see whats up. Trevor : : : Alright man i’ve been screwin with it a little and heres what i’ve found out….its alot "fuzzier" then the overdrive on my amp. Also, when the amp is clean i can get the pedal workin pretty good…but when i have my overdrive up and turn the pedal on it squels…and i cant get a good sound out of it even when i screw with the controls. : Maybe my amp just sucks. its some crap ass name 30 watt

Anonymous

Takamine 12-String  Model F400 How Old

This popular thread has been given its own page : Takamine 12-String Model F400 How Old

Anonymous

Does anyone know how a 1984 Takamine EF-391 AE arch top cutaway plays, or what price it should go for these days?

Anonymous

i would think around $600, try it on Ebay, stick a $550 reserve on it.

Anonymous

How much would you pay for slightly used a Ibanez Destroyer: color (candy apple red)?

Anonymous

With a hard case? $350, maybe $400 if its in excellent condition. they are nice guitars but they dont fetch loads of money.

Anonymous

How much would you pay for slightly used a Ibanez Destroyer: color (candy apple red)?

Anonymous

my uncle bought mine for bout oh say 376 and it was used, i never played it so i sold it and bought a copy v, also depends on what year : How much would you pay for slightly used a Ibanez Destroyer: color (candy apple red)?

Anonymous

glad to see i was on the button with my valuation, i should do this for a living.

Anonymous

What kind of guitar do you plan to put that setup in, im curious to know because ive never tried that setup and would like too see what people are puttin it in, thanks. Trevor

Anonymous

: What kind of guitar do you plan to put that setup in, im curious to know because ive never tried that setup and would like too see what people are puttin it in, thanks. Trevor Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Anonymous

Not bad, not bad at all, ive played one before they are nice but i bought the schecter instead of that, i think that setup will go good with it, but if your goin for a good rhythm guitarist tone try some 81 60 combos im gettin those installed in my dad explorer tonight, hopefully itll sound good, i personally go for 81 81 actives, thats what is gettin installed in my schecter, good luck with that. Trevor : : What kind of guitar do you plan to put that setup in, im curious to know because ive never tried that setup and would like too see what people are puttin it in, thanks. Trevor : : Epiphone Les Paul Standard

Anonymous

: Not bad, not bad at all, ive played one before they are nice but i bought the schecter instead of that, i think that setup will go good with it, but if your goin for a good rhythm guitarist tone try some 81 60 combos im gettin those installed in my dad explorer tonight, hopefully itll sound good, i personally go for 81 81 actives, thats what is gettin installed in my schecter, good luck with that. Trevor Cool man…i was playing a ESP/LTD EC-1000 when i bought my LP, it has the active 81 set. Sounds nice, but i couldnt get a suitable clean tone out of it that i could get with the LP. They’re awesome though.

Anonymous

my LTD 302 neck thru has a set of emg 81 actives and now so does my schecter and since i hardly use clean (metallica freak) and i play solos its perfect for me so i have no worries, fade to black, with flangte, clean tone and 81’s is wild though, just sounds cool. Later Trevor : : Not bad, not bad at all, ive played one before they are nice but i bought the schecter instead of that, i think that setup will go good with it, but if your goin for a good rhythm guitarist tone try some 81 60 combos im gettin those installed in my dad explorer tonight, hopefully itll sound good, i personally go for 81 81 actives, thats what is gettin installed in my schecter, good luck with that. Trevor : Cool man…i was playing a ESP/LTD EC-1000 when i bought my LP, it has the active 81 set. Sounds nice, but i couldnt get a suitable clean tone out of it that i could get with the LP. They’re awesome though.

Anonymous

This guitar is heavier than a Les Paul,is it the ebony fingerboard,the gold,type of wood-walnut?.I can’t figure it out,but it cuts through the mix like nothing I’ve ever played in the last 40 years or so.Anybody out there got one of these,any thoughts?

Anonymous

Yeah.I remember these from back in the day.Actually "The Strat" was issued around 1982,after the Anniversary series(1979) and the first Squires(’80-’81). If my memory is correct,most had brass nuts and the pickups had more windings. Good Luck

Anonymous

My buddy rumours that he has one though its never been seen, i seeing this post, dont believe him because he said it was the lightest guitar hes ever seen, lighter than my 302 (extremely light) and seeing this im beleivin you over him because well, you have one and he doesnt, but his rumour matches yours and he says it plays like a monster, just not too good for sustain and distortion according to him. but i dont know ill ask to see his soon and if i get to try it out ill get back to you, otherwise, hes a liar. Trevor : This guitar is heavier than a Les Paul,is it the ebony fingerboard,the gold,type of wood-walnut?.I can’t figure it out,but it cuts through the mix like nothing I’ve ever played in the last 40 years or so.Anybody out there got one of these,any thoughts?

Anonymous

My brother had 2 "The Strat" guitars. One white (matching headstock) fat neck, maple board – very light guitar. The other was mettalic green, rosewood board, probably 50% heavier than the white guitar, too heavy, but a much better guitar to play.

Anonymous

How much are a set of Active EMGs gonna cost me preferably 85 and 60…installed and everything? approximately.

Anonymous

mmm lets see bout this it cost me bout 250 for 2 81 actives, then 75 to be installed, id go for about 300 for the pickups maybe 350 and installation would go for different prices but around here its 75 dollars, im not sure bout the price on your 85 and 60 though because i never use them so im goin to put some 81 81 actives in my schecter and ill get a price quote for ya and get back to you. : How much are a set of Active EMGs gonna cost me preferably 85 and 60…installed and everything? approximately.

Anonymous

Please send me a free copy of a cicuit diagram for a Peavey Bandit (50w or 65w) guitar amp and a Peavey XR500 PA amp.

Anonymous

i need wire scheimatics randall rg 80 wireing for foot switch

Anonymous

i’ve just become interested in guitars and i don’t know the difference between bass and electric guitars

Anonymous

you need to be clever to play electric guitar.

Anonymous

: you need to be clever to play electric guitar. Burn…

Anonymous

Alvarez Acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Alvarez Acoustic

Anonymous

Trying to find replacement cost for this guitar as it was recently stolen. Purchased in 1971, had solid cedar top, rosewood sides & back, dread knot.

Anonymous

whats the model number? ive not seen a dreadnaught classical style guitar before.

Anonymous

Hello. I was planning on buying a Jackson guitar but people have told me the floyd rose bridge is useless if you’re a guitarist who uses mulitple tunings. Can anyone explain to me how a floyd rose bridge works, and why they are such a pain?.

Anonymous

yea my bro has a jackson with a floyd rose bridge and he loves it but the problem is that he has to use an allan key to loosen parts on it to be able to tune it. the guitar almost never goes out of tune but if ur a person that tunes it often then dont buy it thats all i have to say

Anonymous

ok 1st of all ive had my jackson a few months an the floyd rose is incredible it rarly goes out of tune. its basically a locking floating bridge(if that makes any sense) the is also a locking nut on jacksons so the strings done break when you use the whammy bar. the only prob with the floyd rose is the nut and the fact that you have to get the allen key out to undo it to change tunings(this is really only i miner problem n u wont care as your guitar will always be in tune) last of all jackson make the best guitars(yes they are far better than ibanez) i will recomend them to anyone

Anonymous

They said theres a lot of screwing around when you want to change tuning..like from standard to C for example. They said you have to pretty much take it apart to get it right, as apposed to a tune-o-matic where you can change tunings pretty quickly.

Anonymous

whoever told you that is fucked up in the head, i never use multiple tunings on my original floyd rose, it stays in tune when i use the whammy bar and even better when i dont, they are great, dont drop out of tune too often, mine is no hassle at all and neither are the other 3 i have, so try it once, youll see its simple and easy. Trevor : Hello. I was planning on buying a Jackson guitar but people have told me the floyd rose bridge is useless if you’re a guitarist who uses mulitple tunings. Can anyone explain to me how a floyd rose bridge works, and why they are such a pain?.

Anonymous

I bought a Charvel with a Floyd Rose Tremolo about a month ago, and there are no hassles. The only thing i can’t figure out is hot to get the whammy bar in. But anyway when i first bought this guitar it rattled. So i simply raised the two screws that held up the bridge which brought the strings higher from the bridge. The Floyd Rose is spring tensed so if you have problems with it all you have to do is unscrew the back panel and take of the springs which will take off the bridge and tremolo. If you have anymore questions just post them. -Tyler

Anonymous

He’s saying they are useless if you are a guitarist who uses mutiple tunings, how quickly can you tune them to different tunings?? Lee

Anonymous

really the only tuning i use is standard, half and drop D so what i do is tune em up to standard, lock the locking nut, and do my best to tune them down before the next song, but i misenterpretted what eh was sayin i thought he ment its hard to tune em into other tunings sorry Trevor : He’s saying they are useless if you are a guitarist who uses mutiple tunings, how quickly can you tune them to different tunings?? : Lee

Anonymous

: really the only tuning i use is standard, half and drop D so what i do is tune em up to standard, lock the locking nut, and do my best to tune them down before the next song, but i misenterpretted what eh was sayin i thought he ment its hard to tune em into other tunings : sorry Trevor oh ok…sorry about the miscomunication. So they ARE a pain for changing tuning?

Anonymous

Ill admit they are a pain because you have to keep tuning them up or down because the system moves when you drop, but ive gotten used to it so it takes me botu 1 1/2 minutes to tune it to drop D quickly, but even then its not completely accurate, ill admit, they are a pain in the ass unless you got other guitars for the dif. tunings, but id go for it because its a good system, but when you change tuning itll take you a while to figure out how high to set the knobs and stuff to be able to change the tuning on stage, go for it. Sorry bout the misinterpretation, Trevor : : really the only tuning i use is standard, half and drop D so what i do is tune em up to standard, lock the locking nut, and do my best to tune them down before the next song, but i misenterpretted what eh was sayin i thought he ment its hard to tune em into other tunings : : sorry Trevor : oh ok…sorry about the miscomunication. : So they ARE a pain for changing tuning?

Anonymous

Yes, the floyd rose is a pain to tune, even to get a fine tune. Because when you use heads it pulls the casing foward, losing the strings!

Anonymous

LHOKL

Anonymous

WHY YOU NO USE NO VOWELS?

Anonymous

I need any info such as yr, model, and is it a piece of shit or what! also how much is it worth? Serial # w30168 its on the Square neck plate this guitar has no numbers or names on it except the Serial number even the ESP co. cant help so anything i can get i would be very thankfull.

Anonymous

im interested in buying one like that are you selling it, because if you are i am very interested. email me at [email protected]. Trevor : I need any info such as yr, model, and is it a piece of shit or what! also how much is it worth? Serial # w30168 its on the Square neck plate this guitar has no numbers or names on it except the Serial number even the ESP co. cant help so anything i can get i would be very thankfull.

Anonymous

i was just wondering how much i could get for a old acustic gitar pick up and if ne one wanted one i know a new one would be 650 but how much would an old one cost

Anonymous

: i was just wondering how much i could get for a old acustic gitar pick up and if ne one wanted one i know a new one would be 650 but how much would an old one cost

Anonymous

where i live you can get a whole bag of humbugs for about 50p, wouldnt fancey an old one though.

Anonymous

$6.50 is a little steep.

Anonymous

Guitar gear news blog, rss feeds of new guitar, amp, effects releases.

Anonymous

Hey guys, I have a Vista aucoustic guitar Model No. 2028 made in Korea. I got it back in the late 80’s as a gift so I don’t know what it’s worth. Can somebody please give me an estimate? It has a dreadnought body style. Herring bone trim, two-part back, 24k gold plated tuners, very nice warm sound. I’d appreciate any help. Thank you.

Anonymous

sure its vista???

Anonymous

Never heard of this one. ’90 ish Fender San Luis Rey? Any help?

Anonymous

: Never heard of this one. ’90 ish Fender San Luis Rey? Any help?

Anonymous

: : Never heard of this one. ’90 ish Fender San Luis Rey? Any help? I’ve got one, I’ve been trying to find information on it. It’s got a better sound and plays better than any guitar I’ve ever owned.

Anonymous

: : : Never heard of this one. ’90 ish Fender San Luis Rey? Any help? : I’ve got one, I’ve been trying to find information on it. It’s got a better sound and plays better than any guitar I’ve ever owned. I also own one. Bought it in 1991. I cant find info or a guitar that plays sweeter or sounds better…

Anonymous

what tubes are best for a 67 bassman for distortion or the ways that you can get it to distort a lot more. thank you

Anonymous

Hello, I’m looking around for a Guild M-20, preferbly 1965 or 1972. All Mahogany and preferbly original components in playable condition. If anyone has one they are willing to part with, please email me at [email protected] . Thanks! ~Julie

Anonymous

: Hello, I’m looking around for a Guild M-20, preferbly 1965 or 1972. All Mahogany and preferbly original components in playable condition. If anyone has one they are willing to part with, please email me at [email protected] . Thanks! : ~Julie

Anonymous

: : Hello, I’m looking around for a Guild M-20, preferbly 1965 or 1972. All Mahogany and preferbly original components in playable condition. If anyone has one they are willing to part with, please email me at [email protected] . Thanks! : : ~Julie Check on E-bay. You may already have but, just in case. You might be surprised.

Anonymous

Hey all, I am looking for a new Fender Bass Guitar. Nothing to extravegant, just smooth sounding. I figure a Fender should do the trick. Anyways, I found this one at http://www.bassguitarstore.com for $529 and I wanted to know if this was a good edal. I am wary about buying used, so please only comment with new price comps. Thanks

Anonymous

i just recently bought a flying v off of ebay purposefully because it had no name so people wouldnt go around sayin shit bout how its not cool because its not a gibson and shit like that, but id like to know what kind of v it is, if anybody has ever seen pictures of james hetfields white gibson copy v it looks just like that except it has a trem, also i need to know where to find a channel select switch for it(3 way toggle) because the current is broken thanlks, trevor

Anonymous

Roooooney

Anonymous

Does anyone have a gibson sonex they are willing to sell? E-mail me at [email protected]

Anonymous

: Does anyone have a gibson sonex they are willing to sell? E-mail me at [email protected] Hi there – yes – i have emailed you at this address but am recieving no reply. 1980 Cream and black – vgc

Anonymous

: Does anyone have a gibson sonex they are willing to sell? E-mail me at [email protected] Hey man i have a Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe, MAroon and Black. I am not sure if i am selling it or not, email me an offer and i will get back to you

Anonymous

Would anyone have anymore information on a legit. appraisal for a 40th anniversary fender stratocaster guitar.

Anonymous

: Would anyone have anymore information on : a legit. appraisal for a 40th anniversary : fender stratocaster guitar. Bought mine for $2000 in ’95. fender sales rep said they go up in value by about 20%. just saw a second hand one on sale for $2500

Anonymous

not the best strat ever made, and certainly not the worse, usualy USA SSS configuration, if its in fantastic condition i would expect $700, maybe drop to $500 for an iffy one. Lee

Anonymous

Does anyone know where I might get Free Rockman Sustaior, Distortion and Chorus unit owners manual downloads. I’m a disabled vet and my funds are very limited. I love the equiptment though and want to get proficient at using it. Boston Fair has downloads but some of the words are chopped off and I would like a good copy of the manuals. Thanks

Anonymous

I am having a volume problem with my Epiphone Chet Atkins SST. The sound either gets abruptly loud or is too soft (less than half the original volume) while playing. Often the abrupt jump in volume occurs when playing precussive passages or strumming hard. I changed the battery w/ no effect. I kept thinking there was a bad cord or something, but then I tried it at home with a Monster cord direct into my amp and it still did it. The volume pot seems to work fine. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Can anyone tell me if these guitars are worth the money?

Anonymous

some are, and some are not.

Anonymous

sellin the same charvel as last time, if you wanna see it go too http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3731900190&rd=1

Anonymous

I thought of buying a western acoustic guitar. If they both had the same price, what would be best: a hoeffner or a morgan? I’ve heard that hoeffner is better. Is that true?

Anonymous

I have a Roger semi acoustic/electric guitar in the original case! It is a 50’s ancient guitar an im willing to listen to any offers! email me if u are interested at [email protected]

Anonymous

: I have a Roger semi acoustic/electric guitar in the original case! It is a 50’s ancient guitar an im willing to listen to any offers! email me if u are interested at [email protected] quite interested. Please email me directly and send pix. Yhanks – Nate

Anonymous

I need guitar lessons so if u teach private lessons please email me or call me at 303-466-3489. You have to live in colorado somewhere in the Denver area. thanx alot.

Anonymous

i have to sell my 1985 charvel model 4 to buy my next guitra, i am open to trades and im also open to offers of certain extents (ex. 100 watt amp) but mainly im lookin to sell it for bout 300 $, if you feel you can try to talk me down or anything like that, email me at [email protected]

Anonymous

I was borrrn in a crossfire hurricane, and i howwwled at my ma in the drivin’ rain. But its allllright now in fact its a gas, but its allllright, im a …..

Anonymous

Re:Saya ingin bertukar pengalaman bermain gitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re:Saya ingin bertukar pengalaman bermain gitar

Anonymous

when i play the second frett on my electric guitar, the string doesnt play a note it just rattles. this it the only one that does this. whats wrong and how can i fix it?

Anonymous

might help a bit if you tell us what make/model it is? lee

Anonymous

your neck might be warped , try adjusting that, i had a guitar that did that and i fixed it that way, also i raised the bridge, that might help too.

Anonymous

l was just wonderin how much this guitar would be worth. lts in emakulate condition , white marble effect scratch plat with small picture of elivs on the bottom of it. the guita itself is black with a white rim. please send me an email on your decision .

Anonymous

i seem to remember this guitar coming out a few years back, looks like something you might pick up in the graceland souvenier shop on your way out, along with an Elvis vegas tour jacket, and an 8th of a strand of his hair preserved behind glass in a gold gilt frame. to be fair i seem to remember it got a very good review, something of a collectors item but a good player, if its in excellent condition i would think you could get $400-$550 for it. underneath all that elvis stuff is a J200 waiting to get out. Lee

Anonymous

Any information on Cortley Ukulele's "Help Me!"

This popular thread has been given its own page : Any information on Cortley Ukulele’s "Help Me!"

Anonymous

I would like to sell my ’62 Special Strat reissue and charge a fair price. It’s a limited edition model #12 of 18 made. Burgundy Mist w/matching peg head. Texas set-up and all gold hardware. The guitar is in MINT condition w/plastic still covering some parts. OHSC tolex w/gold liner and all original paperwork including tremlo springs and wrench in unopened package, coverplate, strap etc. I bought it in 1993 from a Fender Signature dealer in upstate NY and paid $1602.

Anonymous

Can anyone help with a operation manual for the BOSS ME-5 effects unit. I picked one up for my son at a sale however, it came with no manual. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

: Can anyone help with a operation manual for the BOSS ME-5 effects unit. I lost mine in the move here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

hi i wonder if anyone can help i recently purchased a framus guitar Model is Amatour 5/1. Serial #13617. any info regarding the guitar would be welcome, such as age, type of wood etc. many thanks alan

Anonymous

:Hi I have a framus quitar that I purchased 2nd hand in 1970. We were flooded up and unfortunately so was the guitar. I’m trying to get an idea of the value of the guitar. It is a Framus 12 string guitar Texan 5/296 serial number 39630, Looks likes there is a date stamp of March 15, 1968 Thanks Sandy

Anonymous

hey im lookin for any used gibson sg that your willing to depart with for less than $500

Anonymous

SG’s are great guitars, but not every SG made was a cracker, to find a good one you will have to part with more than $500, take my advice, look around for a great sounding SG (not difficult to find) and then part with the asking price, dont let a few $$ get in the way of great tone.

Anonymous

I got a choice between a Epiphone SG Special, a Silvertone Fastback or a Peavey Predator Plus HB I am wondering which is the better guitar I am into Hard Rock and Metal bu would like one that can play decent on a clean channel as well (Skynyrd and M.Hatchet)

Anonymous

do you want to play a real bass?

Anonymous

hey, anyone else have alot of trouble getting pinch harmonics out of a Telecaster? I’ve gotta work my ass off to get em workin’ i guess the old stock single coils arent the greatest for them.

Anonymous

I’ve never had a problem on any of my Tele’s, actually they sound great on em…… I’d have to say my technique is just a little differnt on a tele than a LP, but not much and buckers/higher output pups can make some difference. : hey, anyone else have alot of trouble getting pinch harmonics out of a Telecaster? I’ve gotta work my ass off to get em workin’ i guess the old stock single coils arent the greatest for them.

Anonymous

Just purchased a Takamine f-345 and wondered if anyone could give me any info on it. Don’t know what it’s really worth. It’s in great shape, sounds great and i’m happy with the $250 i gave for it with a hard case, was just wanting some info.

Anonymous

Guess it’s worth $250, to you. : Just purchased a Takamine f-345 and wondered if anyone could give me any info on it. Don’t know what it’s really worth. It’s in great shape, sounds great and i’m happy with the $250 i gave for it with a hard case, was just wanting some info.

Anonymous

mine has a neck and brige black pickups can i cover them

Anonymous

Ive seen them taken off before, so if you can remove them im sure you can install them, check out http://wdmusicproducts.com have a look on the site, if you dont see what you need then e-mail them.

Anonymous

Hey Fellas, I play Guitar and I am from Chennai, anyone wanna team up for some good music??

Anonymous

: Hey Fellas, : I play Guitar and I am from Chennai, anyone wanna team up for some good music?? Hey, What kinda a musik r u lookin up to play. Me is a percussionist comin down 2 chennai soon. R u into lead or bass? cheers, Karthik

Anonymous

As most people on here know i am a huge ESP fan and cant ever have to many ESP’s so what i need help with is a few things and maybe some people can actually find these. I need to know where to find and ESP or LTD Vintage. Preferably an ESP vintage 400. I need one of the pre lawsuit ESP explorers, doesnt matter what size, nor if its bolt on or not. And finally i need one of the pre lawsuit flying v’s. Again it doesnt matter whether its bolt on or not. If you can find any of these guitars i would love to know where i could buy them so that i could complete my old ESP collection which still needs some building so if you have found any Pre lawsuit ESP’s please email me at [email protected] with any and all information, thank you and have a nice day. Trevor

Anonymous

Cant say im a fan, but good luck with the hunting trevor. Lee

Anonymous

can’t find the boss me-10 manual anywhere. can someone please email me a copy or tell me where to download one. thanks

Anonymous

: can’t find the boss me-10 manual anywhere. can someone please email me a copy or tell me where to download one. : thanks check at link below

Anonymous

Hi! I have guitar that number is 6112770. I’m intrested any information of this guitar (collectibility, price etc.).

Anonymous

: Hi! I have guitar that number is 93073330. I’m intrested any information of this guitar (collectibility, price etc.).

Anonymous

: Hi! I have guitar that number is 6112770. I’m intrested any information of this guitar (collectibility, price etc.). check the forums at epiphone.com

Anonymous

: : Hi! I have a LES PAUL that number is F6060547. I’m intrested any information of this guitar (collectibility, price etc.).

Anonymous

I am a developing guiterist which likes jazz music,infact i want to be a jazz master but i just don’t know what to do to become a jazzist.Moreover, what will i do to increase my speed and how can i get guitar scales.

Anonymous

Just seen Lynyrd on ‘The old grey whistle test’ for the 20th time doing a 10 minute version of Freebird, what a band! slide guitar lesson for free, dont make em like that anymore.

Anonymous

All their guitar players were good!But that Steve Gaines dude….JEEZ LOUSIE !!!

Anonymous

THEY FUCKING ROCK!!!!….Gary Rossington is good, but omg Allen Collins Blows that dude away!!!…gary learned it all from allen and he knows it!….R.I.P. Allen Collins and Ronnie Van Zant

Anonymous

Allen Collins…is that the other dudes name? Hmm..I forgot…ok. But the Lynard Skynard girls will tell ya’…Steve Gaines OUT-ROCKS them all.Thats why he was able to show up when HE felt like it. There’s a documentary with taped footage of all three of them wailing! That’s what I saw. Good luck

Anonymous

I have an original fender strat (mexico) not one of the cheap rip offs or the squire series but an actual mexico series that is for sale with a 10 watt fender amp, softshell case, and possibly cables. Make an offer. MINT condition for a 93 i do beleive, will get vin number back to all iunterested. again, MAKE AN OFFER. thanks and good luck. Trevor [email protected]

Anonymous

thanks for the advice…i bought a Gibson Les Paul Custom off some guy here in the city today and its awesome….he has a Standard too so he sold his custom to pay a studio bill…800 bucks. It rocks!….its alpine white. thanks again man!

Anonymous

Jack, sounds like you got the deal of the century, 800 for a custom is a great deal, white is a great colour too. wel done. Lee

Anonymous

Mako Strat Copy

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mako Strat Copy

Anonymous

One of a kind, original guitar posters, t-shirts, lunchboxes, and more! Please visit http://cindybracken.tripod.com/originalguitarposters/

Anonymous

I bought what looks like a really old Ventura Bruno acoustic guitar about a year ago from a guy at a yard sale who had lots of vintage instruments. It has a pretty good sound but i can’t really find any information on the guitar and if its a good quality guitar and how much it might be worth. If anyone has any info for me let me know. thanks

Anonymous

Hi, guys,Im from argentina and I would need some tips. I want to configurate my zoom 505 II to get Adam Jones from tool sound, I mean, the most psychodelic sounds he makes, and any other psychodelic patch would help. Please E-mail me Please be very clear and specific, because I dont speak too much English and it would be a pity if i couldnt understand what u mean. Thanx a lot, pals

Anonymous

es imposible sacar un sonido tipo adam jones solo con una zoom 505, adam jones se pegaria un tiro en las bolas comprate un amplificador Diesel de 4 canales

Anonymous

Hi, guys,Im from argentina and I would need some tips. I want to configurate my zoom 505 II to get Adam Jones from tool sound, I mean, the most psychodelic sounds he makes, and any other psychodelic patch would help. Please be very clear and specific, because I dont speak too much English and it would be a pity if i couldnt understand what u mean. Thanx a lot, pals

Anonymous

You should get an e-bow

Anonymous

new, click link for info

Anonymous

Hi, I need a manual for the Kasha Preamp Rockmod I and the Rockmod II. Thanks a lot !!!!

Anonymous

Does anyone know if the G3523 or the G3503 are available as cutaways?

Anonymous

Does anyone know if the G3523 or the G3503 are available as cutaways?

Anonymous

I have a Japanese Strat with serial no.E502855 all i know is that it was made somwhere between 1984-1987 i would like to know if anyone here can put a price in $ or in € for me…. This would be really helpful.. Thanks

Anonymous

you have a great guitar there Liam, that 84-87 is a great era for the jap strats, i would say if its in mint condition, all original you should get around $700, stick it on ebay on a max listing with a $650 reserve i bet it will hit it. good luck. Lee : Thanks

Anonymous

Liam, i have the same guitar as you and this site was very helpful. Thanx! Bliz

Anonymous

Can anyone help me evaluate the value of this guitar. it has built in e-tuner,treble/bass booster, distortion,repeater; all built into the body. don’t know the year or price. Guessing 1967. Willing to trade for another collectable.

Anonymous

Can anyone help me evaluate the value of this guitar. it has built in e-tuner,treble/bass booster, distortion,repeater; all built into the body. don’t know the year or price. Guessing 1967. Willing to trade for another collectable.

Anonymous

I have a guitar with what looks like a slightly dry fretboard. What can I use on it? Thanks

Anonymous

: I have a guitar with what looks like a slightly dry fretboard. What can I use on it? : Thanks You can put lemon oil on it. I once used a fresh lemon and just squeezed it on the fretboard and it looks better.

Anonymous

its unlikey that the rosewood has dried out, that wood will never dry up, but you can get the fretboard to look a little healthier by rubbing in some lemon oil, it will make it shiny and a little darker, but i doubt the wood will soak it up. Lee

Anonymous

Are we talking rosewood for sure??? If its ebony you’re better off with RAW linseed oil

Anonymous

HOHNER PROFESSIONAL ST SPECIAL S Strat Copy

This popular thread has been given its own page : HOHNER PROFESSIONAL ST SPECIAL S Strat Copy

Anonymous

Battery goes flat very quickly – yes, I di take the jack plug out! Anyone know of a solution to this problem Equaliser Ref is EQ 790. Thanks for your help Cheers Fred

Anonymous

does any one make an amp that is compatible to both acoustic and electric guitars

Anonymous

all amps are compatible to both types of instrument, but to get a good sound you realy need an amp of each type, as far as im aware there is no amp that does both transistor with mid and top range speakers for accoustic and a valve with midrange dedicated guitat speaker for the electric. you will have to buy one of each like the rest of us.

Anonymous

I am looking for a Gibson SG-Z Bass Guitar in Heritage Cherry finish. Please email if you know where I can find one.

Anonymous

Lookin for a set of EMG 81 81 actives like kirk hammets usual get up. Need em to put in my LTD M-302 to replace the shitty HZ’s. Thanks in advance. Trevor

Anonymous

I have a Fender Strat which I purchased new in the early 1980’s. The tremelo arm has come loose. It works ok, but when you let it go it drops strait down which it never used to do. Is there a way to tighten it? I can’t see anything obvious. The guitar stays in tune pretty well and I don’t want to buggar anything up.

Anonymous

Since you said it works ok, I wouldn’t mess with the springs or anything in the back cavity. You want to stop the arm from swinging around, right? There are 2 things you can try: First is to get a spring that is 1/2 inch long or so and smaller than the diameter of the trem arm. Unscrew the arm, drop the spring in the hole, and replace the arm. Experiment with different springs to get right stiffness. The other way to go is go to your local hardware store and get some Loc-tite or equivalent. Get the low or medium strength. Apply it to the threads on the trem arm. Use just a very small amount at first and replace the arm. If it’s still too loose, just repeat the process (i.e. apply a little more, etc). What this stuff does is adds thickness to the threads making the thing tighter when it’s screwed in.

Anonymous

Try taking the back plate off and replacing the trem springs in there, its relatively harmless and easy to do i had to do it to my LTD m-302 and it took a tops of 30 seconds Trevor : I have a Fender Strat which I purchased new in the early 1980’s. The tremelo arm has come loose. It works ok, but when you let it go it drops strait down which it never used to do. Is there a way to tighten it? I can’t see anything obvious. The guitar stays in tune pretty well and I don’t want to buggar anything up.

Anonymous

Would like to know if there is anything on the market similar to the bass pedal keyboard from years ago to support a solo guitar player.

Anonymous

I want to put Active EMGs on my Les Paul but i’ve heard i may have to get some work done to get the battery in there…is this true?

Anonymous

All my guitars have some sort of EMG humbuckerr or pickup in them, i had EMG 81 60’s installed on my Les Paul before i sold it and they didnt have any problem installing it, and if they did im sure it was just mounting the battery mount, ask lee tho i didnt do mine so i wouldnt know im just an EMG fan. Trevor : I want to put Active EMGs on my Les Paul but i’ve heard i may have to get some work done to get the battery in there…is this true?

Anonymous

need an electric guitar for under $70

This popular thread has been given its own page : need an electric guitar for under $70

Anonymous

hi, is it possible to transpose the tunning of my guitar down half a step with the gr 33 synth? thanks

Anonymous

hi! could you please recommend a hindi guitar tab site, i am particulate in the film "here with me"

Anonymous

ah, always nice to see the hindi boys back.

Anonymous

: hi! could you please recommend a hindi guitar tab site, i am particulate in the film "here with me" Well look in that chapati my friend

Anonymous

i recently got a DOD (dead overdrive distortion) box with that mexican fender, id like to know exactly how good these are if anybody can help. Trevor

Anonymous

Hi,does anyone own one of these? Ive been after a nice Gibson J50 for a while, but Ive been advised to try and get one of these instead.Im told they record really well, having a bit more bass than the Gibson,although not as sweet a treble. Any comments would be gratefully received. Before you ask, its not easy to audition guitars either in stores [which I hate] or peoples homes, especially if you need it to record with !! Thanks to those who bother to reply,Brian

Anonymous

I bought my D35 in Garland, Texas in 1974 while I was in college. I believe I paid $600.00 for it, but I truly cannot remember. At the time, Ronnie Dunn of Brokks and Dunn fame and I were playing together. These guitars were very popular for recording sessions in the 70’s. I installed a El Gato piezo electric pickup under the bridge. This had an external pre-amp and a pin jack end the end of the strap peg. These acoustic pick-ups were made in Abilene by a local guitar store – Baca Music by Bernard Baca. My guitar is still near mint and the sound is unlike any new guitar you can find or at least that I have been able to find. The quality of Guild at the time was considered to be of the same standard as Martin or Gibson. If you can find one for sale, these are tremendous instruments and greatly under valued in my mind. However, I am prejudiced and mine is not for sale : Hi,does anyone own one of these? Ive been after a nice Gibson J50 for a while, but Ive been advised to try and get one of these instead.Im told they record really well, having a bit more bass than the Gibson,although not as sweet a treble. Any comments would be gratefully received. Before you ask, its not easy to audition guitars either in stores [which I hate] or peoples homes, especially if you need it to record with !! Thanks to those who bother to reply,Brian

Anonymous

anyone know what that is? what does the HB stand for.

Anonymous

check the kay website

Anonymous

How the hell does josh hommes get that warm kick- ass sound?? What gear does he use, like pedals and shit??

Anonymous

Once again, saw a brand I’ve never heard of. What’s the Arbor brand like? Good quality?

Anonymous

Contessa Guitar  - HELP!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Contessa Guitar – HELP!

Anonymous

Gibson custom shop Pat Martino-near new

This popular thread has been given its own page : Gibson custom shop Pat Martino-near new

Anonymous

never played, link for more info. $2369 with hard case

Anonymous

tablaturas de coldplay

Anonymous

mmm plzz lol some 1 has 2 know, its really making me think but i cant seem 2 stop it. all i wanna know is how other ppl make a heavy metal sound that moves the floor but doesnt make a hum sound.

Anonymous

Suggestios: (1)Use a noise gate,I like the Boss NS-2 (2)The bass signal is a Looong signal!At sound check stand approx. 15-20ft. from amp.You might want to cut out some bass and add more mid-range. A common mistake is to turn up volume when the bass gets washed out by guitars and cymbles.Instead check your mids!Cuz not enough mid and too much bass signal equals "mush".More mid-range will give more clarity. Hope this helps,

Anonymous

Crank ur Low’s ur Mid’s and High’s all the way up, or crank lows and highs all the way up and turn mids alll the way down, try it out. Trevor

Anonymous

cheers man, il try that out. err it just got 2 me cause ive been using the 7 band EQ and the head 2ghter 4 so long now and they all got messed up so i 4got the places total killer seen as i just got my gibson sg 2day and i wanted 2 try it out lol but i will try that out man cheers

Anonymous

if that doesnt work ive got some other ideas so come back and notify me otherwise no problem. : cheers man, il try that out. err it just got 2 me cause ive been using the 7 band EQ and the head 2ghter 4 so long now and they all got messed up so i 4got the places total killer seen as i just got my gibson sg 2day and i wanted 2 try it out lol but i will try that out man cheers

Anonymous

I’m looking for a Guild M20 to buy. If anyone is selling one, please email me. Thanks Frazer

Anonymous

ok i have a laney tfx3 amp head and 2 ibanez 400 watt cabs. i have been using it for a few months now and its been fine but 4 the past 3 weeks i wasnt able 2 have it 2 play so i kept it in my room unpacked, but 2day iset it up and all of the knobs were all different.so i set them up from wht i can rember (heavy metal soudn) but im gettin a lot of bass hum, dooes any one know simple settings 2 make it soudn heavy and a bit bassy with out the bass hu over powering so it sounds liek its not disorted just about lol. p.s i use a dod multifx pedal and a 7 band EQ the EQ pedal is set netral apart from the mids which r set lower. please help me i have a recoding i 2 weeks i cant recod with the hum being so in ya face…..

Anonymous

hey I was wondering if anyone has a fender strat elite that want to sell if so please email me at [email protected]

Anonymous

I have a Gibson Explorer which i won in a radio contest. It was owned by The Edge from U2 and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where I could go to have it valued? Here is a link to some pics http://www.lyptonvillage.org/gallery/edgeguitar Thanks if you can help.

Anonymous

sorry bout the last message, it didnt send properly. Anyways, though i dont know where you can go to have it valued, its the same price as any other new explorer, bout 800 in US. now add the weirdo pickgaurd which i could find for bout 20 bucks at a custom online store and you got yourself a 820 dollar guitar. are you trying to sell it? Trevor : I have a Gibson Explorer which i won in a radio contest. : It was owned by The Edge from U2 and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of where I could go to have it valued? : Here is a link to some pics http://www.lyptonvillage.org/gallery/edgeguitar : Thanks if you can help.

Anonymous

did he actualy play it? looks like a promo thing, did the tour when they brought out the best of CD? i think you would need proof that he actualy owned it otherwise like trevor says its an $800 guitar with a $20 scratchplate which i think would devalue it by $20 making it a $780 guitar. Lee

Anonymous

It belonged to The Edge which I have proof of from Universal Records. I have authenticity papers which came with the guitar stating it was the Edge’s guitar. The band gave it away as a prize to promote their Best of album. I also won a trip to Dublin to stay in their hotel. Thanks for your comments, but I am still wondering where I can find out where I could have such a piece of rock memorabilia appraised? It is the real thing, pardon the pun, and Im not really trying to defend that because I know it is. Im just asking advice on where I could have it valued…

Anonymous

Thank you lee, and if your sellin it im lookin for one so give me a price. Trevor : did he actualy play it? looks like a promo thing, did the tour when they brought out the best of CD? i think you would need proof that he actualy owned it otherwise like trevor says its an $800 guitar with a $20 scratchplate which i think would devalue it by $20 making it a $780 guitar. : Lee

Anonymous

My buddy is givin me a mexican strat ( somethin bout it bein form mexico) in place of some money he owes me because of a crash on my dirtbike. I need to know how much a mexican stratocaster is actually worth so i know im not gettin ripped off. thanks. Trevor

Anonymous

hey dude.. i’ve got a mexican strat (since i’m mexican…lol)… and it sounds really great!… well i have to say that i replaced the original strat pick ups for a kinman set… and it sounds fucking great…. i have heard that the only think u need to change on a mexican strat (for those pro-guitar players)are the pick ups… I don’t mean the standard pick ups worth nothing… but there are lot pickups better than fender standard… even the neck is made on the states… it says made in mexico… but they come from the u.s.a… wood is the same (aliso)(btw..here in mexico we’ve got some of the best woods around!…)… but if you are interested in money more than on a guitar… i will say to you that here in mexico… a mexican standar strat is around $450 – &650 usd… add $50 if you want the sunburst color… but as always… for more info about that… check out the http://www.fender.com site… go to global and then fender en español…. there is a .pdf with all the prices for a strat…tele…etc… guitars. laterz amigo…. (p.s. a mexican standar stratocaster is a lot … lot better than those made on china,korea or japan… 😉 no offense lee…. but that’s the way it is….. SEE YA ALL!…

Anonymous

over here they are £200 about $300, but i bet they cheaper your side, just take a loot at ebay.com see how much they fetch.

Anonymous

Can someone help me find a Sing online. the title Song of Thodasa Roomani Hojayen

Anonymous

I am trying to find a value for a Black Ibanez Concord 12 string accoustic guitar model number 752-12 bought about 1983 Any help Thanks Bill Ferguson

Anonymous

I just got a used Strat Squire and was wondering the approx year made and possibly the value. The serial # is CN211914. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

CN usualy denotes its chinese, and any chinese start is worth about as much a takeout set meal for 4. year of manufacture isnt an issue, you probably have at best a $70 guitar. Lee

Anonymous

I’ve been seeing a brand around that I haven’t seen before, Jay Turser. Do any of you know about it and if so, what’s the quality like?

Anonymous

Cheap Chinese guitars, I say cheap, but not in quality, but price. I have a JT 200 Les Paul knock off, while the electronics needed an upgrade (I slapped in a couple of DiMarzio’, and a new 3 position switch) I usually tinker with any non-vintage guitar I get. The whole guitar itself is very nice!!! Set neck, beautiful gloss translucent purple finish, bound body and neck, and plays like a dream!!! All this for less than $150!!! I think for the price you cannot beat these guitars (although I can only comment on the one I have). I like it because I can tinker with it and not have to worry much about resale (the pickups are worth as much as as I paid for the platform). Hope this helps you.

Anonymous

Jay puts out a nice guitar. I have a few and they are worth the money. They are a mid-level quality in the electronics and a higher level in the body. I have replaced the electronics and they are awesome. I have a vine neck Les Paul copy that I replaced the pickups with a set of Ducans and it screams. The Org. pickups wern’t that bad and sounded pretty good. A set neck, beautiful wood…. a good deal… Look on Ebay for the best deals. : I’ve been seeing a brand around that I haven’t seen before, Jay Turser. Do any of you know about it and if so, what’s the quality like?

Anonymous

Ibanez RG7321 for sale Brand new, click link for info

Anonymous

how much does it cost? How much did u buy it 4?

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3730299001 Anyone bidding from this board does not need to be a Paypal customer… we would except payment via your nearest Natwest bank. Jay

Anonymous

tol gig tau dito sa philippines, u’lfind sam yo here..

Anonymous

I just bought a JCM800 1960 Cab and I am having trouble with cab settings as far as mono/stereo set ups – don’t know what ohm I should be at – does anyone have any suggestions?

Anonymous

Your cab shouldn’t be set at less than 4 Ohms, any lower and you could blow your valve head. If you’re using a single 4 x 12 celestion cabinet, 8 to 16 Ohms is fine. If you’re using 2 cabinets, use the mono settings on your speaker and set it to 8 Ohms for both cabs. 4 cabs is your maximum output as they each take an input of 4 Ohms. Good Luck and remember dont set your cab below 4 Ohms.

Anonymous

: I just bought a JCM800 1960 Cab and I am having trouble with cab settings as far as mono/stereo set ups – don’t know what ohm I should be at – does anyone have any suggestions? if you arent using rack gear use mono always and the 16 ohm socket on the cab. for the head use 8 ohms for 1 cab and 16 for 2 cabs.

Anonymous

Whats the deal with the "Faded" line of Gibson guitars? Are they so cheap because they sound like crap or are they so cheap because they look like crap? How to they match up against Epiphone? Because heres my thing, i was going for a Epi Les Paul Standard when i saw these, i dont care much about the look because i could very easily paint it myself, i have the proper tools.

Anonymous

Nothing is really different unless you play, they sound the same with the same hardware and everything, but the faded series is much lighter, i dont know why they are so cheap but a faded v plays like the reissues do maybe better and the faded is extremly light, i mean so light i could easily balance it on my pinky no problem, but otherwise they are the same, i want to buy oen but no money so i cant. Trevor : Whats the deal with the "Faded" line of Gibson guitars? Are they so cheap because they sound like crap or are they so cheap because they look like crap? : How to they match up against Epiphone? : Because heres my thing, i was going for a Epi Les Paul Standard when i saw these, i dont care much about the look because i could very easily paint it myself, i have the proper tools.

Anonymous

All the faded models are different, i recently sold a LP special double cutaway in cherry, it was a 1990 model, and here are the differences on that model, the faded model has: narrower headstock, the ‘Gibson logo’ is a gold transfer on the faded on mine it was pearloid inlay standard type, the scratchplate was one ply on the faded on mine it was 3 ply, the body on the faded was 2/3 the thickness of mine hence the weight difference and of course it has no cellulose coating, looks like somes taken a palm sander to it, looks rubbish. you will find on all the faded models there are differences to the originals, all the faded models have dot markers on the neck, you wont find a LP standard in this range, i think they only do a SG special, A LP special DC and SC, And a Flying V. You should just find the money and go for the LP standard you want, beg borrow or steal it. someone will probably try and rip the arse out of this post, but there it is, i believe it to be true to the best of my knowledge. Lee

Anonymous

: i have to say in all honesty, the Gibsons are better, i always look at buying guitars as an investment, but you need to follow some basic rules, always get the most wanted model, in your case, a LP standard, that is the most popular model, always get a standard ‘standard’ model, in other words if they bring out an electric blue one off model with active pickups and you fall in love with it, i would avoid it, in 2 years time it will look naff and no-one will want it, always go for a colour that everybody wants, the old sunburst colours are always good sellers, and buy it 2nd hand, then you pay less and in 2 years if you decide to sell you will always get your money back plus more. keep it in original condition, if you do decide to change the pickups, keep the old ones to put back on when you sell it. so invest your $1000 dollars in a good 2nd hand gibson les paul, there is nothing like it, the epis dont match up, neither do the tokais or any other copy, the gibsons always cut through, if there is nothing that can touch these guitars, so get the money together and go buy one and stop talking about it. Yes sir!

Anonymous

: All the faded models are different, i recently sold a LP special double cutaway in cherry, it was a 1990 model, and here are the differences on that model, the faded model has: narrower headstock, the ‘Gibson logo’ is a gold transfer on the faded on mine it was pearloid inlay standard type, the scratchplate was one ply on the faded on mine it was 3 ply, the body on the faded was 2/3 the thickness of mine hence the weight difference and of course it has no cellulose coating, looks like somes taken a palm sander to it, looks rubbish. you will find on all the faded models there are differences to the originals, all the faded models have dot markers on the neck, you wont find a LP standard in this range, i think they only do a SG special, A LP special DC and SC, And a Flying V. : You should just find the money and go for the LP standard you want, beg borrow or steal it. someone will probably try and rip the arse out of this post, but there it is, i believe it to be true to the best of my knowledge. : Lee And people say Epiphone Les Pauls are "fake Les Pauls"…sounds to me like these muthafuckers are the fakes. And is it just me or is it INSANE that the Gibson Standard is 4 times the price of the Epi….i mean c’mmon is it really THAT Much better!? and are epiphones LPs smaller then the gibsons or are they pretty much an exact copy?

Anonymous

i have to say in all honesty, the Gibsons are better, i always look at buying guitars as an investment, but you need to follow some basic rules, always get the most wanted model, in your case, a LP standard, that is the most popular model, always get a standard ‘standard’ model, in other words if they bring out an electric blue one off model with active pickups and you fall in love with it, i would avoid it, in 2 years time it will look naff and no-one will want it, always go for a colour that everybody wants, the old sunburst colours are always good sellers, and buy it 2nd hand, then you pay less and in 2 years if you decide to sell you will always get your money back plus more. keep it in original condition, if you do decide to change the pickups, keep the old ones to put back on when you sell it. so invest your $1000 dollars in a good 2nd hand gibson les paul, there is nothing like it, the epis dont match up, neither do the tokais or any other copy, the gibsons always cut through, if there is nothing that can touch these guitars, so get the money together and go buy one and stop talking about it.

Anonymous

Lee i noticed you have good sources for guitars, do you have any other sites besides music123, musicians friend, ed romans, and sweetwater if so please send them for me, Trevor

Anonymous

samedaymusic.com is a gd site 4 guitars and nevadamusic.co.uk

Anonymous

im not in the US trvor, im in London UK, to buy guitars i always use Loot.com, but that is a UK website, i buy a bit from Ebay mostly parts, but i find that to be quite expensive, i usualy sell on there, ive just got a jap ’62 reissue strat, im going to break it up and sell it seperatly on there, a brilliant source for tab is http://www.guitarsrule.com for lessons i use http://www.guitarknowledgenet.com/ most of the other sites i use are UK specific. Lee

Anonymous

I recently purchased an SG bass replica in the UK and am interseted in finding out what make it is as there are no emblems on it. The bass itself has a single pick-up and was made in Japan. If anyone has more informaton, please e-mail me.

Anonymous

if its made in Japan it will be a good copy, if it looks old it could be a tokai, i think those SG basses were called EB3’s and there were 2 types, a long and a short scale neck, EB3’s were used a lot in the 70’s, didnt jack bruce used to use one? without a brandname it will be very difficult to get info on. Lee

Anonymous

Its most likely a Copy without a name, like james hetfields flying v, nobody knows what make it is, its just a copy he has layin around, and a damn good one at that. Trevor : I recently purchased an SG bass replica in the UK and am interseted in finding out what make it is as there are no emblems on it. The bass itself has a single pick-up and was made in Japan. If anyone has more informaton, please e-mail me.

Anonymous

Jackson Kelly XL ’94. Very similar to Marty Friedman’s Kelly. Black color, 24 frets, rosewood fretboard, lo-pro licensed Floyd, neck binding, 2 humbuckers. Only 2 minor dings.

Anonymous

Email me with some pics and the price [email protected] : Jackson Kelly XL ’94. Very similar to Marty Friedman’s Kelly. Black color, 24 frets, rosewood fretboard, lo-pro licensed Floyd, neck binding, 2 humbuckers. Only 2 minor dings.

Anonymous

Trevor I already send you the pics. Let me know…

Anonymous

does anyone know what patch to use for all the small things by blink 182?

Anonymous

: does anyone know what patch to use for all the small things by blink 182? with a zoom50511 pedal?

Anonymous

What are those tremelo/whammy pedals like? im not a big fan of the whammy bars so im kinding looking into the pedal.

Anonymous

If you are looking for the dive-bomb type of effect, they won’t do it very well. I have the original Digitech Whammy and I love it. I use it for spacial type effects, mainly the "up 1 or 2 octave" setting, I rarely use the harmony effects. I only use one, maybe two notes at a time with it though, it gets sloppy when you add more notes to a chord. If you like U2, the Edge uses the effect quite a bit, it’s all over the "PoP" record. Give it a try, you might like it.

Anonymous

SHitty, nothin like the bars at all, at least not mine anyways, trust me, the bar isnt that much of a nuuesance and is actually pretty nice, all my guitars except 1 have em. Trevor : What are those tremelo/whammy pedals like? im not a big fan of the whammy bars so im kinding looking into the pedal.

Anonymous

: SHitty, nothin like the bars at all, at least not mine anyways, trust me, the bar isnt that much of a nuuesance and is actually pretty nice, all my guitars except 1 have em. Trevor : : What are those tremelo/whammy pedals like? im not a big fan of the whammy bars so im kinding looking into the pedal. I was lookin around on the Jim Dunlop site and i like the looks of this thing…you control it like a wah, others i’ve seen are more like an "on/off" approach, i think i may look into it. http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/electronics/rotovibe/index.html

Anonymous

Well like i said i dont know because mine isnt a jim dunlop but it is controlled by wha type rocking mnotions and its really high end and cracks up a bit and low end is justy nasty all round, but go aheand and try one out then try a guitar with a trem bar on it. Trevor : : SHitty, nothin like the bars at all, at least not mine anyways, trust me, the bar isnt that much of a nuuesance and is actually pretty nice, all my guitars except 1 have em. Trevor : : : What are those tremelo/whammy pedals like? im not a big fan of the whammy bars so im kinding looking into the pedal. : I was lookin around on the Jim Dunlop site and i like the looks of this thing…you control it like a wah, others i’ve seen are more like an "on/off" approach, i think i may look into it. : http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/electronics/rotovibe/index.html

Anonymous

: Well like i said i dont know because mine isnt a jim dunlop but it is controlled by wha type rocking mnotions and its really high end and cracks up a bit and low end is justy nasty all round, but go aheand and try one out then try a guitar with a trem bar on it. : Trevor : : : SHitty, nothin like the bars at all, at least not mine anyways, trust me, the bar isnt that much of a nuuesance and is actually pretty nice, all my guitars except 1 have em. Trevor : : : : What are those tremelo/whammy pedals like? im not a big fan of the whammy bars so im kinding looking into the pedal. : : I was lookin around on the Jim Dunlop site and i like the looks of this thing…you control it like a wah, others i’ve seen are more like an "on/off" approach, i think i may look into it. : : http://www.jimdunlop.com/products/electronics/rotovibe/index.html Yeah you’re right dude…its just not the same…plus it’d be alot less fuckin around with the bar

Anonymous

and I am a GOON for " divorce for men " cuz I am a sexist racist texas punk wannabe .

Anonymous

I piss on myself because I have a borderline personality disorder. I hate music. I hate John Lennon and everything he ever said.

Anonymous

You are a piss head and should kill yourself… He’s dead… so should you be dead too…. Do it now… Do it now….. : I piss on myself because I have a borderline personality disorder. I hate music. I hate John Lennon and everything he ever said.

Anonymous

yeah man… i piss on you….

Anonymous

I must confess. I know I am a poseur of the utmost dispicable degree. I HATE WOMEN AND CHILDREN.

Anonymous

I am looking for any type of flying v with a trem system, if anybopdy knows where i can find one, please tell me, and question for lee is, do you know where i can get a decent replica of a flying v like james copy, because i want to buy 2, one with the trem in it, and the other to mess around with and toy with, if you got anything for me, please tell me Trevor

Anonymous

: I am looking for any type of flying v with a trem system, if anybopdy knows where i can find one, please tell me, and question for lee is, do you know where i can get a decent replica of a flying v like james copy, because i want to buy 2, one with the trem in it, and the other to mess around with and toy with, if you got anything for me, please tell me : Trevor Both the Jackson and BC Rich Vs have tremelos…they’re a bit pricy though

Anonymous

I played an epi flying V and it was a very good guitar, one of those korona ones, it look very good too, nice natural wood with a white scratch plate, the epi pickups are a lot better than they used to be, i bet you could get a 2nd hand one of those for around $450, what kind of trem system are you putting on it?

Anonymous

I have an old khaler trem system and i bought a floyd rose a while back for my project guitar but i dont have the money to make the project guitar so im doin it with any v i can get (gibson style though), im gunna have a buddy sand it down and repaint it and take off the name and all that so nobody gets all cherry pickin with me bout how my guitar is a sucky brand and all, then maybe ill sell it to fund my other guitar project, dunno, we’ll see. : I played an epi flying V and it was a very good guitar, one of those korona ones, it look very good too, nice natural wood with a white scratch plate, the epi pickups are a lot better than they used to be, i bet you could get a 2nd hand one of those for around $450, what kind of trem system are you putting on it?

Anonymous

Heres how it goes down….i want a Les Paul…and i dont feel like spending well over a grand on a Gibson studio because personally i think they look like trash, it looks like a baby guitar to me when next to a higher priced les paul. Anyway, i was looking at the Epiphone les paul Custom, tried it out…and its a nice guitar, i’ll give credit where its due. But i also tried out the ESP/LTD EC-1000, les paul copy…it looks a little more "evil" if you will but they both pretty much look the same in the long run….heres the thing…the pickups on the epi are good for stock, but me, like many of you, im a EMG kinda guy…now the EC1000 comes with a EMG 81 active set…i thought that was pretty sick…which made me lean towards it a little more….but when it comes down to it…they match out pretty evenly… EC has active 81 set Epi has an extra tone Epi costs about 200 bucks cheaper (but since i would replace the stock pickups with active EMGs anyway it’ll still cost around the same) they both have set necks the EC 1000 has "the new Earvana system" for perfect intonation up and down the neck,and Grover machine heads. My main beef with the Epi is the black and gold looks a little too "formal" for me…it reminds of Lucille….dont get me wrong, BB King rocks and so does his guitar…but its jut not my style. As where the EC 1000 gets me in the department that i’ve heard both good and bad things about ESP…and how alot of artists only use thier intstruments because they’re paid to…so idunno….its like trying to decide which nut to cut off here…haha just lookin for an opinion here…which one would you buy? (ec 1000 http://www.music123.com/ESP-EC1000-i16978.music) (epi les paul custom http://www.music123.com/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-i30065.music) check out the links for more info

Anonymous

3 words: TOKAI LOVE ROCK check out the latest jap models, and also the older early – mid 80’s i have a 79′ ‘reborn’ and it plays pretty close to a real les paul, looks like a standard and plays like one too. I keep telling people about these guitars but nobody turns on to them, check out the tokai web forum, dont part with your money til you have tried one. Lee

Anonymous

: 3 words: TOKAI LOVE ROCK : check out the latest jap models, and also the older early – mid 80’s i have a 79′ ‘reborn’ and it plays pretty close to a real les paul, looks like a standard and plays like one too. I keep telling people about these guitars but nobody turns on to them, check out the tokai web forum, dont part with your money til you have tried one. : Lee Ah yes the infamous Tokai….link me to the forum brotha

Anonymous

http://www.tokairegistry.com/ go to the forum link, the boys will point you in the right direction, during the attack on pearl harbour it was commonly misreported that the jap pilots used to cry ‘Tora Tora Tora’ , what they in fact were screaming was ‘Tokai Tokai Tokai’ . Even back at the eve of the battle of the pacific the japs were bigging the tokai factory up, Tokai Tokai Tokai’.

Anonymous

: http://www.tokairegistry.com/ : go to the forum link, the boys will point you in the right direction, during the attack on pearl harbour it was commonly misreported that the jap pilots used to cry ‘Tora Tora Tora’ , what they in fact were screaming was ‘Tokai Tokai Tokai’ . Even back at the eve of the battle of the pacific the japs were bigging the tokai factory up, Tokai Tokai Tokai’. they look awesome, the new 2004 models have changed, they look exactly like the ESP copy i was interested in rather than the real les pauls. only problem is its gonna be a bitch to get on in my area, im gonna go with the epi, i can play it at the guitar store and really get a feel of it. thanks anyway man.

Anonymous

Personally, I would go for the Epi. Why? Because if you would love to have a real Les Paul but can’t afford it, the Epi is the closest thing to it without the price. They sound good and perform great, live and in the studio. I have never been a big fan of ESP, they never impressed me much; tone, quality, craftsmanship, they never did it for me. But Epi’s have come a long way recently, they are great guitars. But, YOU buy what YOU enjoy playing the most. Phil

Anonymous

: Personally, I would go for the Epi. Why? Because if you would love to have a real Les Paul but can’t afford it, the Epi is the closest thing to it without the price. They sound good and perform great, live and in the studio. I have never been a big fan of ESP, they never impressed me much; tone, quality, craftsmanship, they never did it for me. But Epi’s have come a long way recently, they are great guitars. But, YOU buy what YOU enjoy playing the most. : Phil Yeah i’ve decided to go with the Epi Custom…simply because the ESP is pretty much limited to metal…not great for a clean tone. Thanks alot

Anonymous

I heard a guitarist play the 5th caprice of Paganini, it is really impressive. To listen on this site : http://www.sylvain-meiler.com

Anonymous

: I heard a guitarist play the 5th caprice of Paganini, it is really impressive. To listen on this site : : http://www.sylvain-meiler.com you need to hear the version from Jason Becker, is really great!

Anonymous

Go rent the movie crossroads (NOT that like ’97 Brittney Spears Piece of shit…the one w/ Ralph Macchio (yeah, the Karate Kid… from 1984 or ’85 hehe thats the year I was born…:) that movie is about a kid name Eugene Martone (Macchio…) finding an oooold big time blues man (Willey Brown/Blind Dog Fulton) & Eugene is trying to get into the blues scene, so willy brown offers to teach him a "Lost song" by Robert Johnson if he can get him out of his Nursing home & down to Fulton’s point…his’ piece of land that he owns in Mississippi…but Brown Sold his soul to the Devil just like his Friend Robert Johnson to get that magic Talent…so the ending scene of that movie…the go to "The Crossroads" which in Blue myth & legend is the place where people had to sell their sould to the devil for Music talent…and the ending scene is a Guitar Duel (in that movie the Devil…"Scratch" or "Legbur"…calls it "Cuttin’ Heads"; it’s like a compition) it was Ralph Macchio (who actually played Slide through the most of the sceme…i’ve been told either Stevie Ray Vaughn or Ry Cooder played Eugene’s part in the movie) VS (believe it or not…) Steve Vai…Steve Fuckin’ Vai, & it was actually him on screen, not actor or anything…& Via dominated most of the duel until the ending cut…Via played like a Rendidion of like a verry crappy Eddie VanHalen "Eruption"…then he started to celebrate like he won the kid’s soul…camra goes to his face, then the Devil’s face & his shit eating grin & laugh…& then Macchio’s Character out of nowhere starts playing 5th caprice of Paganini w/ some overdrive & distortion (sound like he was playing it into like a tube screamer or somethin’) on a Japanese Fender Strat (1983 was the year before Fender started calling it Squier…I have an ooooold mid-80’s Squier strat, & it said squir (in small letters) by Fender (huge letters; looks like a fender strat…)…but played the 5th Paganini perfectly, camera went back to Steve Vai (who i think is who actually recorded the track for thesound track)…Vai started like 1/2 way through, and the Ibanez (or back then he might have used Kramer…i don’t know) did not have enough frets to hit the ending note for the solo, and he broke a string trying to copy that note…but it can be downloaded (movie & shit can be too…) as Steve Vai – Eugene’s Trick Bag, it’ll play the whole head cutting duel & then the ending Classical…it was poetic justice right after Via started celebrating to hear Macchio start playing the classical solo…& the camera stays on him for a minute…& you watch him wipe that grin right off his face…his face goes from ["Hell Yeah!; knew it"] to […uuuuh oh, whoah, what the fuck?!?…ooooh Shit]

Anonymous

I have a ’76 Dove copy that’s in pretty bad shape but, I think it’s worth saving. Is it?

Anonymous

I too have a Alv. dove and it’s ok… I also have a "real" Gibson Dove that sounds better than any other acoustic I have ever played. You can get a good used Alv. dove for around $300 on Ebay or I’ll sell ya mine so if you need to put in more than $200 to fix it, give it up.. : I have a ’76 Dove copy that’s in pretty bad shape but, I think it’s worth saving. Is it?

Anonymous

digitech rp300 9VAC 1300mA

This popular thread has been given its own page : digitech rp300 9VAC 1300mA

Anonymous

I want build a remote switch for my MG30dfx , I need a wiring diagram for double swith and plug , P801 footpedal.

Anonymous

: I want build a remote switch for my MG30dfx , I need a wiring diagram for double swith and plug , P801 footpedal.

Anonymous

: : I want build a remote switch for 30th anniversary amp 6100 , I need a wiring diagram for triple swith and plug(DIN) , MPM3E footpedal.

Anonymous

I’m just looking for recomendations on a low priced beginner guitar. Looking for s best buy not more than $150.00

Anonymous

Go to http://www.musicyo.com I’ve personally bought several of their Kramer line and feel that I’ve definately gotten my money’s worth. I bought a Baretta for under $200 that plays just as fast and sounds just as good as $600 to $800 Jacksons.

Anonymous

My 80 watt Marshall has a CD input which is very useful, but when you have tunes playing thru it, and you change the volume via the volume control knob on the master channel, the sound goes fuzzy, only for a seccond, but its annoying. I don’t imagine things> Design fault? thanks for any ideas Georgi PS anyone seen the G3 Satriani tour on at the mo? Its gonna be amazing.

Anonymous

1968 Vox Ultrasonic for sale

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1968 Vox Ultrasonic for sale

Anonymous

My sister has inheritted a collection of guitars made by my uncle Thomas, a well known high end electric guitar maker in the 50’s-70’s. Among these guitars is one we assume is not made by him, a turtle shell guitar. I saw one of these at the Liverpool museum website that was confiscated because turtles are non a classified endangered species. We are wondering how to go about finding out how much these are all worth, what we need to do to try and get a collection together that can tour museums. A couple of other guitars in the collection are "Maltese Crosses", and a double guitar modeled after Yoko Ono, has hair and everything, that was made for John Lennon as a gift, but never picked up!

Anonymous

I just want to let evryone know that I’ve been working very hard to give you great Guitar Information. The first site is my MSN Group Site… Check us out at: http://groups.msn.com/guitarpage My other site, Content/Merchant Site Check us out at: http://www.guitarz-for-ever.com Guitar Playing…Agggh! Ever want to make guitar playing look so effortless? You can! It’s easy…and fun. In fact… Anyone can play guitar. Not everyone will… If guitar playing has ever intrigued you, Guitar Page is here to help – even if you’ve tried before. All guitar players, at some point, did not know how to play. This is where we can help, AND you can have fun in the meantime. Take your time to explore these pages – Bookmark this page if you like, since we’re continually adding to the fun.

Anonymous

I need to know how to put a DiMarzio Super Distortion Pickup into an Ibanez AXS32 bridge.

Anonymous

hello… i have a fender strat copy with 3 single coils .. and i need to install two passive humbuckers in there place.. i would like to do this myself.. and i do need a little help or instructions… thanks – PoNy

Anonymous

Have you tried going to Dimarzio’s website for a wiring diagram? That would probably be the biggest help for you.

Anonymous

SH-900: is it good or what? How much does it retail for? I’m looking at a used one.

Anonymous

Anyone living in HK right now? We are a rock band doing both originals and covers, have played around HK for about two years and have a solid reputation… if anyone is interested in joing us, please email me? d

Anonymous

pls dend me

Anonymous

I want to download kal ho naa ho’s songs

Anonymous

how much is this u.s. made instrument?????

Anonymous

i found it!!!! i found my telestar. it’s a telestar 5001. it was only made foem 1967-1969! i found it

Anonymous

[The body of this post has been lost]

Anonymous

yeah but you are saving 20k, ive seen a martin one off with loads of jewelry stuck all over it for 250k.

Anonymous

: yeah but you are saving 20k, ive seen a martin one off with loads of jewelry stuck all over it for 250k. Mental!

Anonymous

does ne one knoe how the power chords are strumed in this song and what the time for it is?

Anonymous

Due to financial difficulties (I’m a single-mom), I need to sell the Silvertone I got from my uncle, but I have no idea on how much to ask for it. It’s a model 1449, Sunburst Red, amp in case (still works), all original parts. Also, if someone could tell me how to gauge what kind of condition it’s in would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

: Due to financial difficulties (I’m a single-mom), I need to sell the Silvertone I got from my uncle, but I have no idea on how much to ask for it. It’s a model 1449, Sunburst Red, amp in case (still works), all original parts. Can you send me a picture of it? I might even be interrestd in buying it from you! : Also, if someone could tell me how to gauge what kind of condition it’s in would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

It’s just been brought to my attention that I have a model 1452L (not the 1449 like I previously though).

Anonymous

i was wondering if anyone knew how i could locate a few of the switches that soder into the board for the digitech rp6 effects processor.

Anonymous

lp standard, click link for info

Anonymous

Hey folks how do,cant seem to find th value of my guitar,so wondering if anyone could,as far as i kno it’s usa pacifica,two single coil pick-ups humbucker pick-up(seymore duncan)5 way selector,wilkinson floating bridge&tremloks,+bolt on neck.even a rough guess would be good,cheers.

Anonymous

: Hey folks how do,cant seem to find th value of my guitar,so wondering if anyone could,as far as i kno it’s usa pacifica,two single coil pick-ups humbucker pick-up(seymore duncan)5 way selector,wilkinson floating bridge&tremloks,+bolt on neck.even a rough guess would be good,cheers.

Anonymous

About two years ago I bought a Peavey T-26 guitar. Shortly after I bought it I noticed that it had "patent pending" on the back of the head stock. So I assume that it is one of the first few in it’s line. It is natural woodgrain w/ a black pick gaurd. If anyone can tell the value of the guitar, it will be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

boss me6 manual

This popular thread has been given its own page : boss me6 manual

Anonymous

Looking for a manual for an Ibanez PT5 guitar effects pedal or maybe an on source?? can anyone help. Cheers.

Anonymous

: Looking for a manual for an Ibanez PT5 guitar effects pedal or maybe an online source?? can anyone help. : Cheers.

Anonymous

Floyd Rose Problem

This popular thread has been given its own page : Floyd Rose Problem

Anonymous

As a novice I’m just wondering from what I read that Jazz guitarits prefer archtop guitars. Why is that??

Anonymous

circuit diagram to rewire Epiphone Les Paul

This popular thread has been given its own page : circuit diagram to rewire Epiphone Les Paul

Anonymous

Hi ! Ich suche slowblues jamtracks.wer kann mir solche per e- mail schicken? danke Kristof

Anonymous

english please, dont know if you noticed but 99% of the posts are in english, and of course the other 1% is hindi, something about hindi galob tab downloads, anyone seen any yet??

Anonymous

Carlo Robelli Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Carlo Robelli Guitar

Anonymous

YOU’RE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

this stupid person whoever u r

Anonymous

wasnt me

Anonymous

I have a old quest by vantage guitar. It is mostly mahogony. It is eletric and it a mini travel guitar.

Anonymous

Hey great! I have 64 guitars and don’t really feel like listing them all so what’s your point? : I have a old quest by vantage guitar. It is mostly mahogony. It is eletric and it a mini travel guitar.

Anonymous

I’m looking for date/value on a Framus Acoustic 6-string. Model #: 5h-50 or SH-50 or SL-50 Serial #: 22588 Inspected by: Mueller Stamped in blue ink: EX 67D Sunburst, Arch back. I seem to be able to find some Framus guitars *similar* to it on the internet, but haven’t found one *exactly* like it yet! Any help?!?!?!?

Anonymous

: I’m looking for date/value on a Framus Acoustic 6-string. : Model #: 5h-50 or SH-50 or SL-50 : Serial #: 22588 : Inspected by: Mueller : Stamped in blue ink: EX 67D : Sunburst, Arch back. : I seem to be able to find some Framus guitars *similar* to it on the internet, but haven’t found one *exactly* like it yet! : Any help?!?!?!? I have a guitar in my possesion exactly the same, serial # 22241. Did you ever get any info on this style of Framus guitar?

Anonymous

bump!

Anonymous

Hi, yrs. ago I bought a Kay guitar that had a feature I’d never seen before. The strings didn’t wind around the posts in the normal way, the keys were more like a voilin fashion, the head was dug out and the posts were stuck into the head horizontal instead of the way they are in most guitars. Does anyone have any info on this style? Thanks for any help.

Anonymous

I am a 33 year old guitar player (male) living in the NY Westchester area and I am interested in meeting other guitar players to jam with. (Rock, Top 40). I have a full time career and just want to get back into playing as a hobby. I am an intermediate level player best at playing riffs and rhythm in general. I am open to meeting others to just hang out and jam with or a band situation if the situation presents itself. Any suggestions where to meet other guitar players? Anyone on this board in my area? Dave

Anonymous

Cort Neck Through

This popular thread has been given its own page : Cort Neck Through

Anonymous

Minta chord gitar lagu I WILL FLYnya Ten2five dong… Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

Minta chord nya Ashlee simpsons (Pieces of me ; Shadow) , Michelle Branch ( I’d rather be in love ) , The Corrs ( Little wings )… G sangat membutuhkan!!!! Thank’s buanget neeehhh sebelumnya….

Anonymous

: Minta chord gitar lagu bintang di surga (peterpan) please… : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

: Minta chord gitar lagu arti cinta Ari Lasso,Audy menangis semalam,aku dan bintang peterpan :thanx b4 yah….

Anonymous

: Minta chord gitar lagu Auraku nya Ada Band dong… : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

: Minta chord gitar lagu raja dong… : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

: Minta chord gitar lagu someday we’ll know-nya mandy moore dong… : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

: Minta chord gitar lagu don’t stop dancing ‘ creed’dong… : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

: Minta chord gitar lagu one more try dari A1 donk, pleaseeeeeeee… : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

:minta chord lagu the cranberries yang animal instinc donk!

Anonymous

sama juga : Minta chord gitar lagu I WILL FLYnya Ten2five dong… : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

: sama juga : : Minta chord gitar lagu I WILL FLYnya Ten2five dong… : : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

: : : Minta chord gitar lagu I WILL FLYnya Ten2five sama ADA APA DENGANMUnya PeterPan dong… : : : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

tolong nich chordnya rumah kitanya god bless… plis..plis..plis.. tengkyu yah

Anonymous

: Minta chord gitar lagu I WILL SURVIVEnya CAKE dong… : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

: : Minta chord gitar lagu i believe (ost.my sassy girl), i will survivenya cake, i will fly nya ten 2 five dong… : : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

minta chord gitarnya my first love dari nikka costa : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

minta chord lagu indonesia band Thanx

Anonymous

: Minta chord gitar lagu Can take my eyes off you dong… : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

Minta chord gitarnya ‘ANDA’ yg "Tentang Seseorang" donk !!!!

Anonymous

: Minta chord gitar lagu KKEB Andre Hehanusa dong… : Thanx before ya…………….

Anonymous

can someone help ID a guitar I just bought ?

This popular thread has been given its own page : can someone help ID a guitar I just bought ?

Anonymous

Mau Lyric, Chord n Tab nya ten2five "i do"

This popular thread has been given its own page : Mau Lyric, Chord n Tab nya ten2five "i do"

Anonymous

I was recently given an acoustic by an uncle. The brand is S Yairi and I am unable to find hardly anything at all about the brand/company and guitar on the net. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Anonymous

Look under Alvereze guitars. Yairi is a guy who makes custom guitars for them…. : I was recently given an acoustic by an uncle. The brand is S Yairi and I am unable to find hardly anything at all about the brand/company and guitar on the net. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Anonymous

Thanks but I have been led to believe that Yairi/Alvarez is a relative of Sada Yairi and that the company related to S Yairi no longer exists : Look under Alvereze guitars. Yairi is a guy who makes custom guitars for them…. : : I was recently given an acoustic by an uncle. The brand is S Yairi and I am unable to find hardly anything at all about the brand/company and guitar on the net. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Anonymous

S Yairi is the cousin or brother of K Yairi (who makes Alvarez guitars),S Yairi no longer makes guitars;I recently ran across a S.Yairi classical guitar made in 1973, it had a number 40 hand written on the inside with an etched serial number 131 at the base of the inside at the top. Can anyone tell me the value of this instrument? The tone of this instrument was very nice, the playability on the upper part of the neck ( 8th frets on up) was slightly high but still playable.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

click link for info

Anonymous

Does anyone know if there are any wiring diagrams that show how to rig up a Strat with three volume controls, one for each pickup? I don’t need a tone control, but would like each of the knobs to control the volume for each pickup.

Anonymous

: Does anyone know if there are any wiring diagrams that show how to rig up a Strat with three volume controls, one for each pickup? I don’t need a tone control, but would like each of the knobs to control the volume for each pickup. Well buy a know labeled volume and switch it with the tone one.

Anonymous

hi,i have a gretch syncromatic,solid body just like a single cutaway sparkle jet,but it has a mahogony bolt on neck,the body and headstock is silver sparkle and it has real gretch pickups,no pickguard.body only has binding.

Anonymous

Hi, You have a computer, you have internet access so why ask us to do your work? There are many sites that have dealers selling Gretsch guitars and Ebay… Go there and find out what they are selling for. Is your Mom still making you breakfast? : hi,i have a gretch syncromatic,solid body just like a single cutaway sparkle jet,but it has a mahogony bolt on neck,the body and headstock is silver sparkle and it has real gretch pickups,no pickguard.body only has binding.

Anonymous

hey hey, does anyone know anyhthing about the seville 12 string guitars? my friend just gave me his and i wanna know about it

Anonymous

Has anybody dealt with one of these amp before? I replaced the tubes and it powers on and the tubes glow, but when I plug in my guitar, I get nothing out of the speakers. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

the G tuner on my Stella needs a string feed(?) – is that what it’s called, where you feed the strings in to tighten with tuning pegs? Anyway, any suggestions on how to repair or where to get one?

Anonymous

Look on Ebay. There is a guy from Canada selling a complete set of tuners for $7.99 that will work on your guitar… : the G tuner on my Stella needs a string feed(?) – is that what it’s called, where you feed the strings in to tighten with tuning pegs? Anyway, any suggestions on how to repair or where to get one?

Anonymous

does anyone have the tablature for lucha de gigantes by nachapop. thanks M

Anonymous

what kind of guitar does tom delonge have and how many strings is it

Anonymous

on his old guitar he has ernie ball strings (6 strings)

Anonymous

could u send me all the info on tom’s guitar pls cuz i wanna get one just like his!

Anonymous

: what kind of guitar does tom delonge have and how many strings is it http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/classic/tomdelonge.html

Anonymous

any body know anything about marlin guitars???????????////

Anonymous

I HAVE AQUIRED A LEFT-HANDED MARLIN.CAN ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ABOUT THIS WELSH RAREBIT? PLEASE. DAVE.

Anonymous

i have a marlin sidewinder bass guitar

Anonymous

well, my friend has one, his is made in Wales, which as we all know is the guitar mecca of the world, it weighs about 3 times a les paul, its main body is made of plywood, it has a truefully bad tone, only beaten by a colombus i once played, but the colomus had been stored in a damp attic since 1977 , and had a warped neck. The Welsh Marlins are as bad as they get, saying all that i think they have now moved production to China, and the Chinese have a marginaly better guitar building pedigree than the Welsh, so maybe things have improved, but i can only think of one positive thing to say about the Marlin i saw, and thats the colour, it was a nice candy apple red, and it had been applied well too. Lee

Anonymous

Sorry, I mean RED

Anonymous

: well, my friend has one, his is made in Wales, which as we all know is the guitar mecca of the world, it weighs about 3 times a les paul, its main body is made of plywood, it has a truefully bad tone, only beaten by a colombus i once played, but the colomus had been stored in a damp attic since 1977 , and had a warped neck. The Welsh Marlins are as bad as they get, saying all that i think they have now moved production to China, and the Chinese have a marginaly better guitar building pedigree than the Welsh, so maybe things have improved, but i can only think of one positive thing to say about the Marlin i saw, and thats the colour, it was a nice candy apple red, and it had been applied well too. : Lee To sum up everything Lee just said…..they suck

Anonymous

to be honest Jim, anything that comes out of Wales sucks, including Catherine Zeta Jones! so ive been told.

Anonymous

: to be honest Jim, anything that comes out of Wales sucks, including Catherine Zeta Jones! so ive been told. Zzzzing!

Anonymous

Hey Everybody, Wondering if anyone out there has an old Washburn wing series guitar they’d want to get rid of. Email pics and price. Thanks much!

Anonymous

Hi. I also have a wing series Washburn and am thinking about selling. Please email me and let me know if you’re still interested. Peace

Anonymous

: Hi Chris, i have Washburn Wing guitar in very reasonable condition. Please e-mail me if your still keen and i’ll organise photos etc.

Anonymous

i have this gibson sg special with "double black" pickups. can i buy chrome pickup covers and put them on the pickups? or are they soley for using on humbuckers that already have covers??

Anonymous

I did that with my seymours bur i dont know about gibsons because my s1 schecter had flame graphics so i bought the covers off some online store with flme graphics on them to match it and they went on with some soldering but im not sure, ask lee. Trevor : i have this gibson sg special with "double black" pickups. can i buy chrome pickup covers and put them on the pickups? or are they soley for using on humbuckers that already have covers??

Anonymous

: I did that with my seymours bur i dont know about gibsons because my s1 schecter had flame graphics so i bought the covers off some online store with flme graphics on them to match it and they went on with some soldering but im not sure, ask lee. : Trevor : : i have this gibson sg special with "double black" pickups. can i buy chrome pickup covers and put them on the pickups? or are they soley for using on humbuckers that already have covers??

Anonymous

: : I did that with my seymours bur i dont know about gibsons because my s1 schecter had flame graphics so i bought the covers off some online store with flme graphics on them to match it and they went on with some soldering but im not sure, ask lee. : : Trevor : : : i have this gibson sg special with "double black" pickups. can i buy chrome pickup covers and put them on the pickups? or are they soley for using on humbuckers that already have covers?? Sure you can, but I would use nickel. Make sure the pole screws match with the holes. Makes the axe look a hell of a lot better.

Anonymous

Not sure, but i know wd music do a humbucker pickup cover, i dont know if they will fit the classic gibson pickups, have a look on there store: http://wdmusicproducts.com ask them if they will do the job. Lee

Anonymous

I am looking for a Red Label, Nippon Gakki Yamaha FG-180 or FG-300 in great condition. Want one with a good finish and a neck that has decent action that does NOT need to be reset. email me with pics and price if you have a guitar like this you want to sell. ravenhawks(AT)comcast.net thanks!

Anonymous

I have a pair of ’69 minihumbuckings I want to put in a Les Paul with P90’s but I can’t figure out how they mount to the body. Is there a bracket that attaches in the mounting hole that I’m missing? Thanks for the help.

Anonymous

Hey lee i have seen some advertisements in StewMac catalog for a stop tail peice replacement that looks just like the stop tail peice but has a trem bar on it, not sure if youve heard of it but it only bends 1/2 a step, if you ca find one that bends more or know where i can purchas one id like to know, thanks, Trevor

Anonymous

iwish know about used dual rectifier mesa boogie or used store in houston, i apreciate thanks

Anonymous

Hi all, I am searching for a nickel plated 60’s kidneybean Grover machinehead for my Kay archtop. Anybody wanna sell one? It’s the single 5th that I need and I hope that someone can help. Thank you, Bill.

Anonymous

HI CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN DOWNLOAD/BUY INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR GUITAR EFFECTS PROCESSOR ZOOM 2020 THANKS

Anonymous

will saxon ever make another album…i wonder….???

Anonymous

why dont you stop going on about Saxon!! they wer’nt that good, they came they never conquered, they were always booed off the stage, and the singer looked like a west country farmer, GET OVER IT!

Anonymous

LONG LIVE SAXON!U CAN ALL GO 2 HELL!

Anonymous

HI FRIENDS, I AM SHRI LIVING IN ANDHERI, MUMBAI…. I AM A COMPOSER MAINLY COMPOSE MUSIC IN FUSION, SOFT ROCK, ETC…. I AM PLANNING FOR A SOFT ROCK BAND WHICH WOULD PLAY HINDI OR ENGLISH SONGS…. SO IF ANY GUITARIST IS INTERESTED…PLS REPLY ME… I ASSURE THAT WE WOULD DO QUALITY STUFF.. MY EMAIL IS – [email protected] bye

Anonymous

and while we are thinking about it, does anyone know where i can download hindi tab? in particular the goobi dobi school?

Anonymous

Hi, I started using winmx and kind of know how it works, but if i say start tonight and select a list of songs – they higlight in blue and are remotely queued I get that bit, I move up the list and sometimes get the song if I make it to the top of the queue. BUT if I log off and come back later then those same seections are stil on my list and I can click find sources now, but wil this mean its looking to see if that user who has the song is online then and there? And since the songs have "turned red" is it possible to get them queued again and into the blue again? I hope this makes sense cheers.

Anonymous

Fender Bandmaster serial number question

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender Bandmaster serial number question

Anonymous

Im on the lookout for an all white gibson flying v or all white gibson explorer, because recently my buddy sold his for 1 dollar more than i was gunna give him in cahs, (price was about 750, sold for 751) pissed me off but i cant find any now, lookin toward the master of gibson’s Lee for some help cause i dont know where to find one, used or not it doesnt matter, thanks all. Trevor

Anonymous

if you were in the UK i’d say look at http://www.loot.com always get bargains on there, ebay is usualy a good bet but of course you get little chance to play before you buy, never owned a V or explorer but ive always like those guitars, good luck in your hunt.

Anonymous

Thanks for the help lee, i look forward to some of your other replys soon and ill look towards you for gibson information. tREVOR : if you were in the UK i’d say look at http://www.loot.com always get bargains on there, ebay is usualy a good bet but of course you get little chance to play before you buy, never owned a V or explorer but ive always like those guitars, good luck in your hunt.

Anonymous

Anyone heard of an old make of guitar that was around in the fifties? It was called a ‘Roger 54’. A friend who used to own one in the sixties has just retired and is trying to buy one but I cannot find anything on the internet. Any info/memories appreciated.

Anonymous

I used to own a roger54 guitar which I bought in 1956, I sold it in 1968 for £30 !!!! I recently saw one on e-bay, a blonde one and lost out on the bidding by£20 , I had put a 8 second snipe on it , but for reasons unknown it did not go through. I was a bit down for a few days due to losing the bid, anyway about a week later I was trawling through e-bay again and lo and behold there it was again, the same guitar, apparently the buyer had not paid and it was available again . I asked the seller for a second best offer bid and was accepted , I duly got the guitar a few days later. I plugged it in and was amazed at the lovely bright tones , I had forgot how wonderful the sound of this guitar was, I am so happy to have this beautiful guitar , p.s I am now 73 , and still enjoy a plunk !!!!!!2

Anonymous

Hi ! I own one of these guitars. Everything is original except the jack output and the tuners. I even have the original case. The sound of this guitar is amazing, very deep. And the neck is very easy. Nice guitar !

Anonymous

Try Harmony. I think it was the Roy Rogers acoustic guitar… : Anyone heard of an old make of guitar that was around in the fifties? It was called a ‘Roger 54’. A friend who used to own one in the sixties has just retired and is trying to buy one but I cannot find anything on the internet. Any info/memories appreciated.

Anonymous

134.99 Black finish link for more info

Anonymous

Antonio Hernandis Grade Grand Concert Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Antonio Hernandis Grade Grand Concert Guitar

Anonymous

I have a 1969 acoustic classical guitar made by H. Yairi Luthier for Wilson Music. It is #35 and class 857. What is it worth???

Anonymous

Nothing…. What do you think, we are all servents of your royal Hindness? You have internet access… look it up yourself! : I have a 1969 acoustic classical guitar made by H. Yairi Luthier for Wilson Music. It is #35 and class 857. What is it worth???

Anonymous

who did the songs for the 2001 movie”ROCKSTAR”?what were they called,steel dragon?ur old enough to know come on!

Anonymous

: who did the songs for the 2001 movie”ROCKSTAR”?what were they called,steel dragon?ur old enough to know come on! Livin the Life We All Die Young Blood Pollution Stand Up Wasted Generation Long Live Rock and Roll Crown of Falsehood all by the man, the myth, the legend…Zakk Wylde

Anonymous

where r u gettin yur info?

Anonymous

: where r u gettin yur info? Zakk Wylde both wrote and performed the songs from Rockstar, hell he was in the movie…and so was nick cantonese! http://www.zakkwylde.com moron

Anonymous

what does a chick know anyway?

Anonymous

: what does a chick know anyway? Enough to know that you’re an idiot

Anonymous

why do bassists get no respect?

Anonymous

what do you reckon is the best sounding, most versatile (but not expensive) wah pedal?

Anonymous

boss do one called a VariWah, thats the most versatile, around $160 it mimicks a lot of wahs in one, about 6 of them, the cheapest? probably a ‘morley power wah’ around $90, and the best? probably a Jim Dunlop Cry baby wah, my opinion of course. probably get shot down in flames now, batten down the hatches.. incoming.

Anonymous

There will be no shooting down in flames here, those are great wah’s, my personal favorite is the Vox wah, I swear by it. It’s tonal qualities match my Strat’s and Tele’s perfectly!

Anonymous

There will be no shooting down in flames here, those are great wah’s, my personal favorite is the Vox wah, I swear by it. It’s tonal qualities match my Strat’s and Tele’s perfectly!

Anonymous

I would try out http://www.realmccoycustom.com his RMC3 is as versatile as a wah gets, and not that expensive considering he is the was guru of all wah gurus, and build them all by hand. However if you need a cheaper option his RMC1 (best with single coils) or Wizard Wah (very special, good with both coils and humbuckers) provide a good bang for the buck. He has an impressive client list too, with artists ranging from Trey Anastasio to Chris Imber.

Anonymous

i need a wiring diagram for my charvel, its got three pickups

Anonymous

I need a wiring diagram for a gretsch 6120 tone switch. Can you help? Thanks a million!!

Anonymous

: i need a wiring diagram for my Ibanez SZ320, its got two pickups

Anonymous

:I NEED A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR A SST EPIPHONE CHET ATKINS.. THANKS

Anonymous

: :I NEED A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR A Jackson DK2 Dinky Electic Guitar Black THANKS

Anonymous

:I NEED A WIRING DIagram for a burns marquee

Anonymous

help identifying vintage Framus guitar?

This popular thread has been given its own page : help identifying vintage Framus guitar?

Anonymous

i have a 1971-73 fender telecaster, i was wondering how much is would be worth…like just an estimate. everything is stock…and i have the 71-73 hardshell case too. I say 71-73 because the serial number is in the 300 000s but the site i was on had it listed for the years 71-73.

Anonymous

r u hot?

Anonymous

lee wishes i was gay

Anonymous

: r u hot? r u gay?

Anonymous

Nice one

Anonymous

Lovely guitar but it’s time I sold it. What do you think the price should be? It’s had a recent setup to perfect the action. It’s a stereo model. You can mix a warm mike sound with an articulate stereo bridge pickup. Either mono or alternate strings left and right, or top 3 one side and bottom 3 another, with stereo spread controllable.

Anonymous

: Lovely guitar but it’s time I sold it. What do you think the price should be? It’s had a recent setup to perfect the action. It’s a stereo model. You can mix a warm mike sound with an articulate stereo bridge pickup. Either mono or alternate strings left and right, or top 3 one side and bottom 3 another, with stereo spread controllable. I should add I’m in the UK.

Anonymous

Anybody know anything about these Australian made (Brisbane manufactured) amplifiers of the 70s.

Viewing 255 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.