Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2004

Archive for posts from June, 2004

ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Lynyrd Skynyrd Rocks

Just seen Lynyrd on 'The old grey whistle test' for the 20th time doing a 10 minute version of Freebird, what a band! slide guitar lesson for free, dont make em like that anymore.

Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd Rocks.....hell yeah!.... Steve Gaines(RIP) !

All their guitar players were good!But that Steve Gaines dude....JEEZ LOUSIE !!!

Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd Rocks

THEY FUCKING ROCK!!!!....Gary Rossington is good, but omg Allen Collins Blows that dude away!!!...gary learned it all from allen and he knows it!....R.I.P. Allen Collins and Ronnie Van Zant

Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd Rocks

Allen Collins...is that the other dudes name? Hmm..I forgot...ok.
But the Lynard Skynard girls will tell ya'...Steve Gaines OUT-ROCKS them all.Thats why he was able to show up when HE felt like it.
There's a documentary with taped footage of all three of them wailing!
That's what I saw.
Good luck

about guitar

I am a developing guiterist which likes jazz music,infact i want to be a jazz master but i just don't know what to do to become a jazzist.Moreover, what will i do to increase my speed and how can i get guitar scales.

Epiphone by Gibson; Serial number and other information

Hi! I have guitar that number is 6112770. I'm intrested any information of this guitar (collectibility, price etc.).

Re: Epiphone by Gibson; Serial number and other information

: Hi! I have guitar that number is 6112770. I'm intrested any information of this guitar (collectibility, price etc.).

check the forums at epiphone.com

Epiphone by Gibson; Serial number and other information

: : Hi! I have a LES PAUL that number is F6060547. I'm intrested any information of this guitar (collectibility, price etc.).

Re: Epiphone by Gibson; Serial number and other information

: Hi! I have guitar that number is 93073330. I'm intrested any information of this guitar (collectibility, price etc.).

boss me-10 manual

can't find the boss me-10 manual anywhere. can someone please email me a copy or tell me where to download one.
thanks

Re: boss me-10 manual

: can't find the boss me-10 manual anywhere. can someone please email me a copy or tell me where to download one.
: thanks

check at link below

Need everybodies help with this one

As most people on here know i am a huge ESP fan and cant ever have to many ESP's so what i need help with is a few things and maybe some people can actually find these. I need to know where to find and ESP or LTD Vintage. Preferably an ESP vintage 400. I need one of the pre lawsuit ESP explorers, doesnt matter what size, nor if its bolt on or not. And finally i need one of the pre lawsuit flying v's. Again it doesnt matter whether its bolt on or not. If you can find any of these guitars i would love to know where i could buy them so that i could complete my old ESP collection which still needs some building so if you have found any Pre lawsuit ESP's please email me at korvetluvr@yahoo.com with any and all information, thank you and have a nice day. Trevor

Re: Need everybodies help with this one

Cant say im a fan, but good luck with the hunting trevor.

Lee

Any One to form a band in chennai

Hey Fellas,
I play Guitar and I am from Chennai, anyone wanna team up for some good music??

Re: Any One to form a band in chennai

: Hey Fellas,
: I play Guitar and I am from Chennai, anyone wanna team up for some good music??

Hey,
What kinda a musik r u lookin up to play. Me is a percussionist comin down 2 chennai soon. R u into lead or bass?

cheers,
Karthik

can i use pickup covers on a sg special

mine has a neck and brige black pickups can i cover them

Re: can i use pickup covers on a sg special

Ive seen them taken off before, so if you can remove them im sure you can install them, check out http://wdmusicproducts.com
have a look on the site, if you dont see what you need then e-mail them.

Takamine f345

Just purchased a Takamine f-345 and wondered if anyone could give me any info on it. Don't know what it's really worth. It's in great shape, sounds great and i'm happy with the $250 i gave for it with a hard case, was just wanting some info.

Re: Takamine f345

Guess it's worth $250, to you.

: Just purchased a Takamine f-345 and wondered if anyone could give me any info on it. Don't know what it's really worth. It's in great shape, sounds great and i'm happy with the $250 i gave for it with a hard case, was just wanting some info.

Pinch Harmonics on Telecaster

hey, anyone else have alot of trouble getting pinch harmonics out of a Telecaster? I've gotta work my ass off to get em workin' i guess the old stock single coils arent the greatest for them.

Re: Pinch Harmonics on Telecaster

I've never had a problem on any of my Tele's, actually they sound great on em...... I'd have to say my technique is just a little differnt on a tele than a LP, but not much and buckers/higher output pups can make some difference.

: hey, anyone else have alot of trouble getting pinch harmonics out of a Telecaster? I've gotta work my ass off to get em workin' i guess the old stock single coils arent the greatest for them.

modulus bass

do you want to play a real bass?

I Need help choosing a 1 of dez Guitarz

I got a choice between a Epiphone SG Special, a Silvertone Fastback or a Peavey Predator Plus HB I am wondering which is the better guitar I am into Hard Rock and Metal bu would like one that can play decent on a clean channel as well (Skynyrd and M.Hatchet)

lookin for a gibson sg

hey im lookin for any used gibson sg that your willing to depart with for less than $500

Re: lookin for a gibson sg

SG's are great guitars, but not every SG made was a cracker, to find a good one you will have to part with more than $500, take my advice, look around for a great sounding SG (not difficult to find) and then part with the asking price, dont let a few $$ get in the way of great tone.

framus guitar info

hi

i wonder if anyone can help i recently purchased a framus guitar Model is Amatour 5/1. Serial #13617.
any info regarding the guitar would be welcome, such as age, type of wood etc.

many thanks alan

Re: framus guitar info

:Hi

I have a framus quitar that I purchased 2nd hand in 1970. We were flooded up and unfortunately so was the guitar. I'm trying to get an idea of the value of the guitar.

It is a Framus 12 string guitar Texan 5/296 serial number 39630, Looks likes there is a date stamp of March 15, 1968

Thanks Sandy

Manual for BOSS ME-5

Can anyone help with a operation manual for the BOSS ME-5 effects unit. I picked one up for my son at a sale however, it came with no manual. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Manual for BOSS ME-5

: Can anyone help with a operation manual for the BOSS ME-5 effects unit. I lost mine in the move here. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1962 Special Strat - Custom Shop issue in 1993

I would like to sell my '62 Special Strat reissue and charge a fair price. It's a limited edition model #12 of 18 made. Burgundy Mist w/matching peg head. Texas set-up and all gold hardware. The guitar is in MINT condition w/plastic still covering some parts. OHSC tolex w/gold liner and all original paperwork including tremlo springs and wrench in unopened package, coverplate, strap etc. I bought it in 1993 from a Fender Signature dealer in upstate NY and paid $1602.

Any information on Cortley Ukulele's "Help Me!"

Any information on Cortley Ukulele's "Help Me!"

This popular thread has been given its own page : Any information on Cortley Ukulele's "Help Me!"

special edition elvis semi acustic epiphone

l was just wonderin how much this guitar would be worth. lts in emakulate condition , white marble effect scratch plat with small picture of elivs on the bottom of it. the guita itself is black with a white rim. please send me an email on your decision .

Re: special edition elvis semi acustic epiphone

i seem to remember this guitar coming out a few years back, looks like something you might pick up in the graceland souvenier shop on your way out, along with an Elvis vegas tour jacket, and an 8th of a strand of his hair preserved behind glass in a gold gilt frame.
to be fair i seem to remember it got a very good review, something of a collectors item but a good player, if its in excellent condition i would think you could get $400-$550 for it. underneath all that elvis stuff is a J200 waiting to get out.
Lee

My Strings rattle

when i play the second frett on my electric guitar, the string doesnt play a note it just rattles. this it the only one that does this. whats wrong and how can i fix it?

Re: My Strings rattle

might help a bit if you tell us
what make/model it is?
lee

Re: My Strings rattle

your neck might be warped , try adjusting that, i had a guitar that did that and i fixed it that way, also i raised the bridge, that might help too.

Re:Saya ingin bertukar pengalaman bermain gitar

Saya ingin bertukar pengalaman bermain gitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : Re:Saya ingin bertukar pengalaman bermain gitar

X-Fire

I was borrrn in a crossfire hurricane,
and i howwwled at my ma in the drivin' rain.
But its allllright now in fact its a gas,
but its allllright, im a .....

1985 Charvel Model 4 EXCELLENT CONDITION for sale

i have to sell my 1985 charvel model 4 to buy my next guitra, i am open to trades and im also open to offers of certain extents (ex. 100 watt amp) but mainly im lookin to sell it for bout 300 $, if you feel you can try to talk me down or anything like that, email me at korvetluvr@yahoo.com

lessons

I need guitar lessons so if u teach private lessons please email me or call me at 303-466-3489. You have to live in colorado somewhere in the Denver area. thanx alot.

Roger Guitar

I have a Roger semi acoustic/electric guitar in the original case! It is a 50's ancient guitar an im willing to listen to any offers! email me if u are interested at badboy2117@hotmail.com

Re: Roger Guitar

: I have a Roger semi acoustic/electric guitar in the original case! It is a 50's ancient guitar an im willing to listen to any offers! email me if u are interested at badboy2117@hotmail.com

quite interested. Please email me directly and send pix.
Yhanks - Nate

Western guitar

I thought of buying a western acoustic guitar.

If they both had the same price, what would be best: a hoeffner or a morgan? I've heard that hoeffner is better. Is that true?

my Charvel for sale( also on ebay)

sellin the same charvel as last time, if you wanna see it go too http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=3731900190&rd=1

Washburn acoustic guitars

Can anyone tell me if these guitars are worth the money?

Re: Washburn acoustic guitars

some are, and some are not.

Chet Aktins SST Volume Issue

I am having a volume problem with my Epiphone Chet Atkins SST. The sound either gets abruptly loud or is too soft (less than half the original volume) while playing. Often the abrupt jump in volume occurs when playing precussive passages or strumming hard. I changed the battery w/ no effect. I kept thinking there was a bad cord or something, but then I tried it at home with a Monster cord direct into my amp and it still did it. The volume pot seems to work fine. Any ideas?

Free Rockman Equiptment Owners Manual Downloads

Does anyone know where I might get Free Rockman Sustaior, Distortion and Chorus unit owners manual downloads. I'm a disabled vet and my funds are very limited. I love the equiptment though and want to get proficient at using it. Boston Fair has downloads but some of the words are chopped off and I would like a good copy of the manuals. Thanks

need help appraising 40th anniversary fender strat.

Would anyone have anymore information on
a legit. appraisal for a 40th anniversary
fender stratocaster guitar.

Re: need help appraising 40th anniversary fender strat.

not the best strat ever made, and certainly not the worse, usualy USA SSS configuration, if its in fantastic condition i would expect $700, maybe drop to $500 for an iffy one.
Lee

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.