Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2004

Archive for posts from June, 2004

ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: need help appraising 40th anniversary fender strat.

: Would anyone have anymore information on
: a legit. appraisal for a 40th anniversary
: fender stratocaster guitar.
Bought mine for $2000 in '95. fender sales rep said they go up in value by about 20%.
just saw a second hand one on sale for $2500

Is anyone selling a Gibson Sonex?

Does anyone have a gibson sonex they are willing to sell? E-mail me at Fishdrinkwater@aol.com

Re: Is anyone selling a Gibson Sonex?

: Does anyone have a gibson sonex they are willing to sell? E-mail me at Fishdrinkwater@aol.com

Hey man i have a Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe, MAroon and Black. I am not sure if i am selling it or not, email me an offer and i will get back to you

Re: Is anyone selling a Gibson Sonex?

: Does anyone have a gibson sonex they are willing to sell? E-mail me at Fishdrinkwater@aol.com

Hi there - yes - i have emailed you at this address but am recieving no reply. 1980 Cream and black - vgc

England 4 - Croatia 2

Roooooney

Re: England 4 - Croatia 2

<im src="http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/reuters/20040621/21/4175622475.jpg">

: Roooooney

Re: England 4 - Croatia 2

Amen, praise the lord.

Copy v (unknown brand) need help

i just recently bought a flying v off of ebay purposefully because it had no name so people wouldnt go around sayin shit bout how its not cool because its not a gibson and shit like that, but id like to know what kind of v it is, if anybody has ever seen pictures of james hetfields white gibson copy v it looks just like that except it has a trem, also i need to know where to find a channel select switch for it(3 way toggle) because the current is broken
thanlks, trevor

Pricing Question

Hey all,

I am looking for a new Fender Bass Guitar. Nothing to extravegant, just smooth sounding. I figure a Fender should do the trick.

Anyways, I found this one at http://www.bassguitarstore.com for $529 and I wanted to know if this was a good edal. I am wary about buying used, so please only comment with new price comps.

Thanks

Wanted: 1965/1972 Guild M-20

Hello, I'm looking around for a Guild M-20, preferbly 1965 or 1972. All Mahogany and preferbly original components in playable condition. If anyone has one they are willing to part with, please email me at nebulatook@yahoo.com . Thanks!

~Julie

Re: Wanted: 1965/1972 Guild M-20

: Hello, I'm looking around for a Guild M-20, preferbly 1965 or 1972. All Mahogany and preferbly original components in playable condition. If anyone has one they are willing to part with, please email me at nebulatook@yahoo.com . Thanks!

: ~Julie

check E-bay

: : Hello, I'm looking around for a Guild M-20, preferbly 1965 or 1972. All Mahogany and preferbly original components in playable condition. If anyone has one they are willing to part with, please email me at nebulatook@yahoo.com . Thanks!

: : ~Julie

Check on E-bay. You may already have but, just in case. You might be surprised.

amps

what tubes are best for a 67 bassman for distortion or the ways that you can get it to distort a lot more. thank you

Fender San Luis Rey

Never heard of this one. '90 ish Fender San Luis Rey? Any help?

Re: Fender San Luis Rey

: Never heard of this one. '90 ish Fender San Luis Rey? Any help?

: : Never heard of this one. '90 ish Fender San Luis Rey? Any help?

I've got one, I've been trying to find information on it. It's got a better sound and plays better than any guitar I've ever owned.

: : : Never heard of this one. '90 ish Fender San Luis Rey? Any help?

: I've got one, I've been trying to find information on it. It's got a better sound and plays better than any guitar I've ever owned.
I also own one. Bought it in 1991. I cant find info or a guitar that plays sweeter or sounds better...

What's this guitar worth?

Hey guys,
I have a Vista aucoustic guitar Model No. 2028 made in Korea. I got it back in the late 80's as a gift so I don't know what it's worth. Can somebody please give me an estimate? It has a dreadnought body style. Herring bone trim, two-part back, 24k gold plated tuners, very nice warm sound. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

Re: What's this guitar worth?

sure its vista???

Guitar Gear News Updates

Guitar gear news blog, rss feeds of new guitar, amp, effects releases.

humbug acustic gitar pickup

i was just wondering how much i could get for a old acustic gitar pick up and if ne one wanted one i know a new one would be 650 but how much would an old one cost

Re: humbug acustic gitar pickup

$6.50 is a little steep.

Re: humbug acustic gitar pickup

where i live you can get a whole bag of humbugs for about 50p, wouldnt fancey an old one though.

ENSERT NOTS

: i was just wondering how much i could get for a old acustic gitar pick up and if ne one wanted one i know a new one would be 650 but how much would an old one cost

Vintage strat style ESP guitar

I need any info such as yr, model, and is it a piece of shit or what! also how much is it worth? Serial # w30168 its on the Square neck plate this guitar has no numbers or names on it except the Serial number even the ESP co. cant help so anything i can get i would be very thankfull.

Re: Vintage strat style ESP guitar

im interested in buying one like that are you selling it, because if you are i am very interested. email me at korvetluvr@yahoo.com. Trevor
: I need any info such as yr, model, and is it a piece of shit or what! also how much is it worth? Serial # w30168 its on the Square neck plate this guitar has no numbers or names on it except the Serial number even the ESP co. cant help so anything i can get i would be very thankfull.

KLJHKL

LHOKL

Re: KLJHKL

WHY YOU NO USE NO VOWELS?

Floyd Rose Question

Hello. I was planning on buying a Jackson guitar but people have told me the floyd rose bridge is useless if you're a guitarist who uses mulitple tunings. Can anyone explain to me how a floyd rose bridge works, and why they are such a pain?.

Re: Floyd Rose Question

whoever told you that is fucked up in the head, i never use multiple tunings on my original floyd rose, it stays in tune when i use the whammy bar and even better when i dont, they are great, dont drop out of tune too often, mine is no hassle at all and neither are the other 3 i have, so try it once, youll see its simple and easy.
Trevor
: Hello. I was planning on buying a Jackson guitar but people have told me the floyd rose bridge is useless if you're a guitarist who uses mulitple tunings. Can anyone explain to me how a floyd rose bridge works, and why they are such a pain?.

He's saying they are useless if you are a guitarist who uses mutiple tunings, how quickly can you tune them to different tunings??
Lee

really the only tuning i use is standard, half and drop D so what i do is tune em up to standard, lock the locking nut, and do my best to tune them down before the next song, but i misenterpretted what eh was sayin i thought he ment its hard to tune em into other tunings
sorry Trevor
: He's saying they are useless if you are a guitarist who uses mutiple tunings, how quickly can you tune them to different tunings??
: Lee

: really the only tuning i use is standard, half and drop D so what i do is tune em up to standard, lock the locking nut, and do my best to tune them down before the next song, but i misenterpretted what eh was sayin i thought he ment its hard to tune em into other tunings
: sorry Trevor

oh ok...sorry about the miscomunication.

So they ARE a pain for changing tuning?

Ill admit they are a pain because you have to keep tuning them up or down because the system moves when you drop, but ive gotten used to it so it takes me botu 1 1/2 minutes to tune it to drop D quickly, but even then its not completely accurate, ill admit, they are a pain in the ass unless you got other guitars for the dif. tunings, but id go for it because its a good system, but when you change tuning itll take you a while to figure out how high to set the knobs and stuff to be able to change the tuning on stage, go for it.
Sorry bout the misinterpretation, Trevor
: : really the only tuning i use is standard, half and drop D so what i do is tune em up to standard, lock the locking nut, and do my best to tune them down before the next song, but i misenterpretted what eh was sayin i thought he ment its hard to tune em into other tunings
: : sorry Trevor

: oh ok...sorry about the miscomunication.

: So they ARE a pain for changing tuning?

Yes, the floyd rose is a pain to tune, even to get a fine tune. Because when you use heads it pulls the casing foward, losing the strings!

I bought a Charvel with a Floyd Rose Tremolo about a month ago, and there are no hassles. The only thing i can't figure out is hot to get the whammy bar in. But anyway when i first bought this guitar it rattled. So i simply raised the two screws that held up the bridge which brought the strings higher from the bridge. The Floyd Rose is spring tensed so if you have problems with it all you have to do is unscrew the back panel and take of the springs which will take off the bridge and tremolo. If you have anymore questions just post them.

-Tyler

They said theres a lot of screwing around when you want to change tuning..like from standard to C for example. They said you have to pretty much take it apart to get it right, as apposed to a tune-o-matic where you can change tunings pretty quickly.

ok 1st of all ive had my jackson a few months an the floyd rose is incredible it rarly goes out of tune. its basically a locking floating bridge(if that makes any sense) the is also a locking nut on jacksons so the strings done break when you use the whammy bar. the only prob with the floyd rose is the nut and the fact that you have to get the allen key out to undo it to change tunings(this is really only i miner problem n u wont care as your guitar will always be in tune)
last of all jackson make the best guitars(yes they are far better than ibanez) i will recomend them to anyone

yea my bro has a jackson with a floyd rose bridge and he loves it but the problem is that he has to use an allan key to loosen parts on it to be able to tune it. the guitar almost never goes out of tune but if ur a person that tunes it often then dont buy it thats all i have to say

Yamaki Classical Guitar

Trying to find replacement cost for this guitar as it was recently stolen. Purchased in 1971, had solid cedar top, rosewood sides & back, dread knot.

Re: Yamaki Classical Guitar

whats the model number? ive not seen a dreadnaught classical style guitar before.

Alvarez Acoustic

Alvarez Acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Alvarez Acoustic

what's the difference between a bass and an electric guitar

i've just become interested in guitars and i don't know the difference between bass and electric guitars

Re: what's the difference between a bass and an electric guitar

you need to be clever to play electric guitar.

Re: what's the difference between a bass and an electric guitar

: you need to be clever to play electric guitar.

Burn...

wireing diagraghm for randall foot switch

i need wire scheimatics randall rg 80 wireing for foot switch

Re: wireing diagraghm for randall foot switch

: i need wire scheimatics randall rg 80 wireing for foot switch

I've posted the schematic for a FS-5, the footswitch for the Randall RG 80 here:
http://prosites-vickyo81.homestead.com/files/Treehorn/RandallSchematic.pdf
The graphics kinda suck, but it'll get you there.

circuit diagram

Please send me a free copy of a cicuit diagram for a Peavey Bandit (50w or 65w) guitar amp and a Peavey XR500 PA amp.

Question for Trevor

How much are a set of Active EMGs gonna cost me preferably 85 and 60...installed and everything? approximately.

Re: Question for Trevor

mmm lets see bout this it cost me bout 250 for 2 81 actives, then 75 to be installed, id go for about 300 for the pickups maybe 350 and installation would go for different prices but around here its 75 dollars, im not sure bout the price on your 85 and 60 though because i never use them so im goin to put some 81 81 actives in my schecter and ill get a price quote for ya and get back to you.
: How much are a set of Active EMGs gonna cost me preferably 85 and 60...installed and everything? approximately.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.