Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - June, 2004

Archive for posts from June, 2004

ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Alternate tuning

not realy an alternate tuning is it? all you have done is tune the guitar up half a step, why not save your self all the bother and stick a capo on the first fret, like Chet did.

Lee.

: not realy an alternate tuning is it? all you have done is tune the guitar up half a step, why not save your self all the bother and stick a capo on the first fret, like Chet did.

: Lee.

Hey: Thanks I never thought of that, I never use a capo anyway and had not thought of that.
It would make it much simpler than tuning as you suggest.

Pedal Question

When you buy a brand new pedal does it come with an AC Adapter or do you have to buy one seperate?

Re: Pedal Question

: When you buy a brand new pedal does it come with an AC Adapter or do you have to buy one seperate?

And one more thing, i put a brand new battery in my Boss Chorus pedal and it lasted all of about 3 hours. So im wondering about adapters.

should last longer than that, are you sure it was a fresh one? i have various pedals with 9v batteries and they last for a good few outings before i change them. if your pedal saps a battery that quick then i would look for the adapter.
Lee

: should last longer than that, are you sure it was a fresh one? i have various pedals with 9v batteries and they last for a good few outings before i change them. if your pedal saps a battery that quick then i would look for the adapter.
: Lee

Alright thanks, i've got it hooked up to a adapter now and its workin great, better then with the battery. I assume i use the 9 volt setting on the adapter because it uses a 9 volt battery, and yeah it was a panasonic battery they're pretty much crap.

Can anyone explain to me how i would set up multiple pedals? like on a pedal board, would i need an individual adapter for every pedal then? there must be an easier way then that.

there is an adapter which will serve all your pedals, one adapter and many leads, most of your effects pedals will run at 9v as does this multi-adapter, im sure 'Boss' do one, but have a look at 'Radioshack' for it if you are american, or 'Maplins.co.uk' if you are English (like me).

:

: there is an adapter which will serve all your pedals, one adapter and many leads, most of your effects pedals will run at 9v as does this multi-adapter, im sure 'Boss' do one, but have a look at 'Radioshack' for it if you are american, or 'Maplins.co.uk' if you are English (like me).

: :

Thanks alot lee...i only have one more question. Is there a specific name for this thing?

go to http://www.maplins.co.uk
and in the product search box put in the product code:
VV33L

make a note of it, obviously this will do you no good because our (UK) voltage runs at 240v and yours is 110v, but the product will be the same for your radioshack.
Lee

sorry typo, this is the correct URL

: go to http://www.maplin.co.uk
: and in the product search box put in the product code:
: VV33L

: make a note of it, obviously this will do you no good because our (UK) voltage runs at 240v and yours is 110v, but the product will be the same for your radioshack.

Thanks Lee...i was looking at this one

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040625201819142163189148392464/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/151091/

what do you think?

Re: Thanks Lee...i was looking at this one

thats just the ticket Johnny, 1 amp load limit, 7 x 9v DC , made by dunlop, i would buy it myself if i was in the market.
Lee

99.9% of the time you have to buy one John, but dont buy the manufacturers one, just match the adapter voltage to a universal one.

FENDER HM STRAT WANTED ! ! !

Hi!

Where can I get a new old stock (!) USA Fender HM Strat??

I live in Germany..

All the best,

Sascha

PS: If you have any comment, write me an email!

Re: FENDER HM STRAT WANTED ! ! !

: Hi!

: Where can I get a new old stock (!) USA Fender HM Strat??

: I live in Germany..

: All the best,

: Sascha

: PS: If you have any comment, write me an email!

Hi Sascha, my name is Monte Yoder and I live in the Kansas City, KS USA area. I collect HM Strats and have around 20 of them right now. Have you found one yet? I see you would like a NOS. While I have a couple that are in near new shape, most HMs were played alot in their day. Let me know if you want to deal, but I'm just guessing that the shipping to Germany would be $$$. Later.

: : Hi!

: : Where can I get a new old stock (!) USA Fender HM Strat??

: : I live in Germany..
hello, i am nick from pittsburgh pennsylvania in the usa. have you found one yet? I would like one also. Please get back to me. thank you. nick
: : All the best,

: : Sascha

: : PS: If you have any comment, write me an email!

: Hi Sascha, my name is Monte Yoder and I live in the Kansas City, KS USA area. I collect HM Strats and have around 20 of them right now. Have you found one yet? I see you would like a NOS. While I have a couple that are in near new shape, most HMs were played alot in their day. Let me know if you want to deal, but I'm just guessing that the shipping to Germany would be $$$. Later.

: : : Hi!

: : : Where can I get a new old stock (!) USA Fender HM Strat?? I have one for sale here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3775739763&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

: : : I live in Germany..
: hello, i am nick from pittsburgh pennsylvania in the usa. have you found one yet? I would like one also. Please get back to me. thank you. nick
: : : All the best,

: : : Sascha

: : : PS: If you have any comment, write me an email!

: : Hi Sascha, my name is Monte Yoder and I live in the Kansas City, KS USA area. I collect HM Strats and have around 20 of them right now. Have you found one yet? I see you would like a NOS. While I have a couple that are in near new shape, most HMs were played alot in their day. Let me know if you want to deal, but I'm just guessing that the shipping to Germany would be $$$. Later.

Hi there, I'm fromn Italy....
I'd like to buy a HM strat...
PLEAS contact me!!

onnipresente@hotmail.com

WANTED: Yamaha FG-180 - '68-'71

I'm looking for a Nippon Gakki red label FG-180 from the late sixties/early seventies. I expect there to be some wear on the body, but would be thrilled to find one in mint condition. At the very least, it should be in very good condition -- bascially, I don't want to have to fix anything. If you have one you'd like to sell and are willing to ship to the midwest, please let me know!

Re: WANTED: Yamaha FG-180 - '68-'71

Did you ever find a fg180?
What are these valued at?
Terry

: I'm looking for a Nippon Gakki red label FG-180 from the late sixties/early seventies. I expect there to be some wear on the body, but would be thrilled to find one in mint condition. At the very least, it should be in very good condition -- bascially, I don't want to have to fix anything. If you have one you'd like to sell and are willing to ship to the midwest, please let me know!

Ovation Custom Balladeer 12 String

I have an Ovation 1655 made sometimne between May and Dec 1984. It is in excellent condition. Anyone have an estimate of worth? If you are collector, I would consider releasing it at a reasonable price.

Re: Ovation Custom Balladeer 12 String

I have the same guitar and talked to the folks at the local guitar shop. This guitar would resell for $549 according to the blue book.

help me find some of Avril Lavigne's Gutair cords

I need help finding some gutair cords for avril lavigne and if u need to no what kinda gutair it is its a acustic or w/e thanks a bunch!!

Re: help me find some of Avril Lavigne's Gutair cords

it would help if you told us where he/she last left them?

: I need help finding some gutair cords for avril lavigne and if u need to no what kinda gutair it is its a acustic or w/e thanks a bunch!!

: : I need help finding some gutair cords for avril lavigne and if u need to no what kinda gutair it is its a acustic or w/e thanks a bunch!!
from the under my skin cd plaz;)

Beginner Guitarist Needs Help! Fender or Washburn and...

Beginner Guitarist Needs Help! Fender or Washburn and...

This popular thread has been given its own page : Beginner Guitarist Needs Help! Fender or Washburn and...

Hohner Prinz

If anyone is selling or knows where to get a hohner prinz please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Hohner Prinz

How much are you willing to pay??? It is an old instrument with a high value

FENDER HM STRAT WANTED ! ! !

: Hi!

: Where can I get a new old stock (!) USA Fender HM Strat??

: I live in Germany..

: All the best,

: Sascha

: PS: If you have any comment, write me an email!

Wanted: Washburn Falcon guitar

Has anyone got a Washburn Falcon for sale, please e-mail pics, details, & what ever else.

Thanks

Re: Wanted: Washburn Falcon guitar

: Has anyone got a Washburn Falcon for sale, please e-mail pics, details, & what ever else.

: Thanks
I have a turn-of-the-century parlor guitar that has a label that says "Falcon Guitar." Is this what you are looking for?

Re: Wanted: Washburn Falcon guitar

: : Has anyone got a Washburn Falcon for sale, please e-mail pics, details, & what ever else.

: : Thanks
: I have a turn-of-the-century parlor guitar that has a label that says "Falcon Guitar." Is this what you are looking for?

Yepp !

I have a Washburn Falcon. I bought it two years ago but now it don´t fits the musicstyle in our band.
We are playing country music and this isn´t a country guitar at all, as you know.

If you are interested, give me a message and if you wnt, I will send you som pics.

Olle

Question for Lee

I want an electric acoustic buti dont know much about them. Whats the best one i can get for like $450 tops.

Re: Question for Lee

I'm leaning towards this one

http://www.music123.com/Alvarez-AD60SCBK-i46301.music

Looks pretty good.

: I want an electric acoustic buti dont know much about them. Whats the best one i can get for like $450 tops.

do you realy need the electro side of it? do you need to plug it into an amp? i would avoid washburns at that price, also fenders, dont be sucked in by the name, the one you gave the url for looks good, ive never played one, the reader reviews look good but nobody is going to admit they bought a pup, you need to get along and play some, ive had electro acoustics and they genraly sound better through an amp if they have a laminated top, they sound better accousticly if they have a solid spruce top, which is something you need to consider, a lot of the top end takamine's have laminated tops they sound fantastic through a PA, but nowhere near as good unplugged. i would recomend Crafter to anyone, but i think youhave problems getting them in the US, they are a fantastic guitar at the kind of money you want to spend.
http://www.crafterguitars.com/main.html
but the alveraz looks good, solid top will ensure a better accoustic tone than the laminated, GrafX system will help cut out the feedback on stage.
Lee

yeah i'd rather have an electric/acoustic, that way i can get the best of bost worlds i figure. The Alvarez looks pretty good like you said, it also has a built in tuner which is a plus.

: do you realy need the electro side of it? do you need to plug it into an amp? i would avoid washburns at that price, also fenders, dont be sucked in by the name, the one you gave the url for looks good, ive never played one, the reader reviews look good but nobody is going to admit they bought a pup, you need to get along and play some, ive had electro acoustics and they genraly sound better through an amp if they have a laminated top, they sound better accousticly if they have a solid spruce top, which is something you need to consider, a lot of the top end takamine's have laminated tops they sound fantastic through a PA, but nowhere near as good unplugged. i would recomend Crafter to anyone, but i think youhave problems getting them in the US, they are a fantastic guitar at the kind of money you want to spend.
: http://www.crafterguitars.com/main.html
: but the alveraz looks good, solid top will ensure a better accoustic tone than the laminated, GrafX system will help cut out the feedback on stage.

Peavey XXL

Just wondering if anyone knew of some sites displaying some known presets?
google don't list jack.

Help me out here...

Hi, I currently own an Alvarez Regent classical acoustic guitar model number 5011 and was made in Korea. It's been passed down for a while and was purchased by my mother in the mid to late 60's and was used when she bought it. It's in almost new condition miraculously,and the only thing that's been changed is the strings. Everything else is original. So if someone could just help me out a little bit here about the value of this guitar, i'd appreciate it very much. Thanks.

Re: Help me out here...

dont know about a mid 60's one, but most of these ive seen seem to go for between $100 - $200, cant think of a single guitar made in Korea thats worth a real lot of money, they never were and still arent that great at making them.
Lee

Hey Lee,
Have to disagree with you on this one. The Alverez guitars rival Gibsons. The Yari hand made ones are awesome. I have 64 guitars.... 12 acoustics Guild D-55, Gibson J-200, Gibson Dove, Martin D-28 Etc... and my Yari guitars kick the crap out of them.... The higher the number DY-XX the better the guitar... Try one out, you will be impressed....

: dont know about a mid 60's one, but most of these ive seen seem to go for between $100 - $200, cant think of a single guitar made in Korea thats worth a real lot of money, they never were and still arent that great at making them.

i stand corrected, must be getting them mixed up with something else. but if i had an old guitar i would be looking around the internet myself.

Go here, http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/
Look it up... simple.....

: Hi, I currently own an Alvarez Regent classical acoustic guitar model number 5011 and was made in Korea. It's been passed down for a while and was purchased by my mother in the mid to late 60's and was used when she bought it. It's in almost new condition miraculously,and the only thing that's been changed is the strings. Everything else is original. So if someone could just help me out a little bit here about the value of this guitar, i'd appreciate it very much. Thanks.

slipknot effects settings

Hey does anyone know the effects settings for the live version of the heretic anthem in london?

Re: slipknot effects settings

Yeah se your amp to "crap"

: Hey does anyone know the effects settings for the live version of the heretic anthem in london?

Re: slipknot effects settings

: Yeah se your amp to "crap"

: : Hey does anyone know the effects settings for the live version of the heretic anthem in london?

that was fucking retarded, u dumbass

serial number lookup

Ser# MN7105516 PowerHouse Strat. When was this guitar made?

Re: serial number lookup

: Ser# MN7105516 PowerHouse Strat. When was this guitar made?

Re: serial number lookup

Don't no make or model, but the serial # is L9173 Flattop acoustic Thank You

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2017 , All Rights Reserved.