Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2004

Archive for posts from July, 2004

ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

want Aluminum electric guitars

I want new guitars mentioned above so I can have different guitars all the time for my band called headbangersball.com so come to our new website!!!

Ovation guitar-model#1112-4

Ovation guitar-model#1112-4

This popular thread has been given its own page : Ovation guitar-model#1112-4

KORG AX100G PATCHES

KORG AX100G PATCHES

This popular thread has been given its own page : KORG AX100G PATCHES

westone pickup

Need a pickup for a Westone Prestige 150.
h/bucker type,i think it's the same p/u
as fitted to the Westone Prestige 150.
and Rrainebow 1 and 11.
01473 714181

Re: westone pickup

: Need a pickup for a Westone Prestige 150.
: h/bucker type,i think it's the same p/u
: as fitted to the Westone Prestige 250.
: and Rrainebow 1 and 11.
: 01473 714181

8-string bass mp3 on my site.

Hi, Just spreading the word about my bass-led band, ThunderAlley. We have a downloadble mp3 of one of our demos ("Pathlight").

Re: 8-string bass mp3 on my site.

: Hi, Just spreading the word about my bass-led band, ThunderAlley. We have a downloadble mp3 of one of our demos ("Pathlight").
http://www.thunderalleyband.cjb.net

Free Hindi Mp3

I want free hindi mp3's and Rapture dhol mix.

Re: Free Hindi Mp3

: I want free hindi mp3's and Rapture dhol mix.

: : i want to the the name of album of rapture dhol mix

: : I want free hindi mp3's and Rabbi Shergill's new song,

Wanted Alvarez

I am looking for an Alvarez DY88BL (blue) or DY88SB (sunburst). Please email me if you have one in excellent condition.

Thanks,

Scott

Re: Wanted Alvarez

: I am looking for an Alvarez DY88BL (blue) or DY88SB (sunburst). Please email me if you have one in excellent condition.

: Thanks,

: Scott

Scott,
I entered the opening bid on a DY88SB on ebay, but will not bid further. I thought it was cool, but don't really need another guitar right now. Check it out. Item number 3752064742

Ed Davies

Re: Wanted Alvarez

: : I am looking for an Alvarez DY88BL (blue) or DY88SB (sunburst). Please email me if you have one in excellent condition.

: : Thanks,

I have a DY88BL that is in show room condition. Also has a custom hard shell case. From the model number you should know it is the transparent blue and it is spotless. The guitar is two years old and never played out. I have another alvarez at the studio and I am regretfully letting this leave my collection. email me for further details and pictures.

: : Scott

: Scott,
: I entered the opening bid on a DY88SB on ebay, but will not bid further. I thought it was cool, but don't really need another guitar right now. Check it out. Item number 3752064742

: Ed Davies

acoustic framus

got a old framus #47664 and I'm trying to find informations about it.help is welcome thank you.

My god lee!

Lee man, what happened to this room, where did all the superb questions of pickups and gibsons and ESP and vintage guitars go, where did the fun go, what has happened???

Re: My god lee!

Dont know, ive just come back from a week in Spain and the whole worlds gone crazy.

Re: My god lee!

So i noticed man.

: Dont know, ive just come back from a week in Spain and the whole worlds gone crazy.

I need user manual for korg a5

HI;I NEED SOME INFORMATION ABOUT KORGA 5 EFFECTS PEDAL. PLEASE I WILL APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN GIVE ME A LINK TO OBTAIN THE USER MANUEL. THANK YOU. I´LL BE WAITING FOR YOUR ANSWER.

Wanted: 60ties Ibanez Catalog

Hi to all ! Im still searching for Vintage Ibanez Catalog from the Sixties. Originals or reprints or whatever you find. Let me know, if you found some one. Please send me pictures or a discription, whats printed inside. Many Thanks for help. Hasy

Sell Online at Auction Noles of Tallahassee

Brand New online auction site in Tallahassee, Florida! Free! Browse or list your gear for sale...

See ya there!
http://www.auctionnoles.com

I need sheet music for Rachel Lampa's 'Blessed'

Hey, It would be awesome if anyone could send me the sheet music for Rachel Lampa's 'Blessed'. I absolutely love the song! Thanks!

58 Trutone

Recently purchased what was advertised as a 58 "Trutone" hollowbody electric. Plywood body, 3 pickups, f-hole. What little information I was able to find online suggests that it was made by either Harmony or Kay for Western Auto to sell. Some swine refinished it, sort of, and any identifying marks are gone. Anyone know anything at all about these?

Re: 58 Trutone

First off, it's not a plywood body... It could be made by Harmony or Kay but most likely Harmony. It was made to sell at western auto and if you had a model# I could tell you more. You can email me a pic at brgs@mindspring.com and I can tell you more about it.

: Recently purchased what was advertised as a 58 "Trutone" hollowbody electric. Plywood body, 3 pickups, f-hole. What little information I was able to find online suggests that it was made by either Harmony or Kay for Western Auto to sell. Some swine refinished it, sort of, and any identifying marks are gone. Anyone know anything at all about these?

wondering about bass guitar

i bought a KAY bass guitar and know nothing about its value, orgin, or materials. Its in a SG style is red and has a single i'm assuming to be jazz type pickup. The rest of the bass guitar is unknow to me.

Tele Plus wiring Diagram

Tele Plus wiring Diagram

This popular thread has been given its own page : Tele Plus wiring Diagram

mp3 downloader

please i want to download an mp3 downloader but i don't know how?

i need guitar-pro 3 files

send me a hindi midi files very soon. i don't know english very well. if there is on nistake please forgive me. thank you

Action too high on Ovation acoustic

Does anyone know how to lower the string action on an Ovation acoustic? Is there a good website?

Re: Action too high on Ovation acoustic

: Does anyone know how to lower the string action on an Ovation acoustic? Is there a good website?

Go the their website and download the owners manual for Ovation acoustics, it tells you how to remove shims from under the brige saddle to lower the action. I have done this and it works pretty well.

Re: Action too high on Ovation acoustic

hi, I took the shims out from under the bridge/pickup and put ernie ball super slinky strings on. It now feels like an electric 6 string

Lado Bass Hawk series

Anybody know anything about this bass? Fender body style. If it's in good shape is it worth $159 Canadian?

whats my fender worth?

Hey,
i got a new guitar yesterday, but the main reason i bought it was for its appearence. it was $175 by the way. when i got home i realized it was a fender. Its a Fender Stratocaster Squier Bullet Series. I read somewhere that the bullet series is the cheapest the make, but i'm just wondering how much they're worth. Its red with some white and the serial# is VN406469 and it was made in korea. i don't know the year or anything, so any info would be helpful.
thanx
-Jess

whats my fender worth?

whats my fender worth?

This popular thread has been given its own page : whats my fender worth?

Hotdotz attachable LED fretmarkers

Check these out! www.hotdotz.com

COOL!

Fender Dilemma

Hey,
I wanna buy a Strat, i have a 500$ budget (give/take 100$) and i dont know which would be the best investement: an american, mexican etc. I'm looking for something that plays like butter and I'm not particulary familiar with the types of woods that are classic to the strat. I'm also afraid of the possible feedback of the guitar... i have a Marshall 15DFX amp and i dont know if there's going to be unwanted noises

Re: Fender Dilemma

if you want a fantastic player, and a sound investment for your money, then go for a JV strat, japanese vintage strats hold their money like an SLK mercedes, buy one of those and watch it go up in value, you should get one for your budget, most strat players i know (i do own 2 japs) swear by them, avoid mexican, indian, chinese, and any US or Jap strat in a stupid colour or strange hardware configuration (Floyd rose and active pickups).
So go toe joe !

What musicians use starcasters

I need to know witch famous musicians use starcasters

Re: What musicians use starcasters

Pass

Re: What musicians use starcasters

me

Yamaha CG150 CAA

A local Shop (in the UK) is selling a second hand Yamaha CG 150 CAA Acoustic electric cutaway. What's this guitar like I can't find any details on the web and how much is it worth ?

pedal boards

is there a website or summat where i can see some famous guitarists' pedal boards? thanks

Re: pedal boards

guitargeek.com

Yo lee! which rat?

i know you like your proco rats, and i will probably buy one soon, but i need to know a few things. Which one do you reckon has the least amount of distortion; i dont want to go psycho-metally just a bit grungy at the most, i would really like an ac/dc or aerosmith-y sound. Also which one has a lot of variety in its sounds and which one do you like the best? thanks very much. Sorry to add to the posts wanting to get a reply from lee

Re: Yo lee! which rat?

Has to be the TURBO RAT, it has it all, ive used loads of different types and always come back to the turbo, its a little marvel, it will easily cover your ACDC sounds.

: sorry to bug, but does it "do" solos?

yes, it does it all, it wont do thrash metal, its not an ultra distortion, i generaly turn my amp (THD BiValve -30) up so that its on the edge of distortion, and then use my Turbo rat on about 1/3 gain with the level half way and the thing just sings, for solos just notch up the amp vol a touch,
happy days.

Charvel serial number question

I have a neck-thru model with two humbuckers and a serial number on the back of the headstock C606571.Can someone please help me identify this!!

Re: Charvel serial number question

I would need pictures of it but i could identify it if i had pictures, go ahead and send them to me at, korvetluvr@yahoo.com

: I have a neck-thru model with two humbuckers and a serial number on the back of the headstock C606571.Can someone please help me identify this!!

Re: Charvel serial number question

quiero saber si es original y americana una charvel serie C804806

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.