Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2004

Archive for posts from July, 2004

ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Charvel serial number question

I have Charvel guitar with serial number-1020385.Can someone tell me which model is this and how old???

Washburn D31s

I have a D31s. Looks older, serial number 80640. It has all brass, frets, tuning keys, pegs for the strings, etc. and the washburn name in brass. The top looks like spruce, but the sides and bottom are a dark wood. Does anybody know anything about this model? Is it unusual? I saw a picture of the average D31s and it looks a lot different.

I need some help with my new Jazzmaster.

I just bought a new jazzmaster, a 1962 Cult Supremo Jazzmaster, and I was restringing it and the tremolo piece popped up and made a loud noise. Now I can't keep the bridge up where i put the strings through and the tremolo thing is popping out sort of, too. It might not even be that big of a deal, but i just need
to know how to fix it. Thanks.. Sorry If I sound like a complete idiot. It's because I am when it comes to Jazzmasters. heh. Please help!

looking for musicians

I just moved to the Williamstown, MA area from Florida and am looking for musicians to jam with. I'm 45 years old young and been playing guitar and bass since I was 13. Can play many diferent styles, including contemporary rock, clasic rock, blues and R&B. In particular I'd love to find a drummer, bass player, keyboards and other guitar players to jam with.
Rusty
Meshiyahlv@aol.com

Gretsch 6120 problem, string buzzing

I have just bought a brand new Gretsch 6120. It is a beautiful guitar, very attractive with a really cool sound but I have noticed that this guitar tend to have little string buzzing. I have tried another Gretsch from a shop near London and the same buzzing occured. Is that normal? Do all Gretsch guitar have that string buzzing? I have changed the strings with light, it was buzzing even worse. What type/make/gauge of strings should I use/buy? Cheers

Re: Gretsch 6120 problem, string buzzing

is it buzzing through the amp? or is it buzzing accousticaly? strings should'nt buzz through the amp, if it does then there is something wrong with your setup, thats strange on a new guitar, if it were mine i'd take it back to the shop and ask for it to be setup correctly, where did you buy it? cooks in west london? if its too much hassle taking it back then try a heavier gauge string, or raise the bridge/saddle a little, your action may be a little low, by putting a heavier string on you will pull the neck forward a bit and raise the action, strings are very much a personal choice, dont go fo the 2.99 a set strings, get a good brand, i prefer D'Addario EXL110 10-46 gauge, most shops have those.

TAMA guitar for sale

Fab condition, blonde wood purchased in 72 inlaid plays perfectly, email me with a $ or I will place it on ebay under miamistyles, no case. thanks, M

BOND Electraglide at auction

Check it out on e-bay--do a search on 'Bond electraglide'. Enjoy!

charvel model 1 a

i need some advice on how to and where to buy this guitar from as i do not have enough money to buy brand new from jackson/charvel?

Re: charvel model 1 a

I have a near new condition charvel model 4 for sale if your interested. Trevor

: i need some advice on how to and where to buy this guitar from as i do not have enough money to buy brand new from jackson/charvel?

some stuff I am searching for...

I don't want much...
1) I'm looking for a FRETLIGHT guitar. Not gonna go nuts here. I know they bought up a bunch of offshore strat copies to make the fret light. I'd be interested in one at a fair and equitaable price. Something that works for BOTH of us.

2) Still looking for a HAGSTROM PATCH 2000. I'd really like to find one with the pedal box. As close to original as possible.

3) A few years back Fender Japan made a "reissue" of the MARK VI bass. Looking for one of those.

4) I am looking for someone to make replacement tuning machines for my HAGSTROM SWEDE. What I really want is what ended up being used on the SUPER SWEDE a much sturdier "art deco" machine. Had the same art deco tops, but were mounted on what appear to be Grover machines. Here I would probablybe willing to go nuts. Price wise.

5) Looking for a HAGSTROM ULTRA SWEDE. By the end of the glory days at Hagstrom these were made in Japan to offset the cost. I have a Swede, and a Super Swede...so I'm kinda interested in finding an Ultra to round out my collection.

Also anyone heard the rumors that HAGSTROM is building again? My local music store guys told me they read in one of the trades that Hagstrom is back in business.

Well there is my wish list. At least for now.

Re: some stuff I am searching for...

We dont give a fuck what you want or wish you could have, this is talk about guitars, not telling us what you want you greedy bastard.

: I don't want much...
: 1) I'm looking for a FRETLIGHT guitar. Not gonna go nuts here. I know they bought up a bunch of offshore strat copies to make the fret light. I'd be interested in one at a fair and equitaable price. Something that works for BOTH of us.

: 2) Still looking for a HAGSTROM PATCH 2000. I'd really like to find one with the pedal box. As close to original as possible.

: 3) A few years back Fender Japan made a "reissue" of the MARK VI bass. Looking for one of those.

: 4) I am looking for someone to make replacement tuning machines for my HAGSTROM SWEDE. What I really want is what ended up being used on the SUPER SWEDE a much sturdier "art deco" machine. Had the same art deco tops, but were mounted on what appear to be Grover machines. Here I would probablybe willing to go nuts. Price wise.

: 5) Looking for a HAGSTROM ULTRA SWEDE. By the end of the glory days at Hagstrom these were made in Japan to offset the cost. I have a Swede, and a Super Swede...so I'm kinda interested in finding an Ultra to round out my collection.

:
: Also anyone heard the rumors that HAGSTROM is building again? My local music store guys told me they read in one of the trades that Hagstrom is back in business.

:
: Well there is my wish list. At least for now.

Hey biteme,
Someone ought too... the guy put out his wish list in hopes of someone having what he wanted and needed.. Get a life or go crawl back into the hole you came out of... As*hole..
: We dont give a fuck what you want or wish you could have, this is talk about guitars, not telling us what you want you greedy bastard.

:
: : I don't want much...
: : 1) I'm looking for a FRETLIGHT guitar. Not gonna go nuts here. I know they bought up a bunch of offshore strat copies to make the fret light. I'd be interested in one at a fair and equitaable price. Something that works for BOTH of us.

: : 2) Still looking for a HAGSTROM PATCH 2000. I'd really like to find one with the pedal box. As close to original as possible.

: : 3) A few years back Fender Japan made a "reissue" of the MARK VI bass. Looking for one of those.

: : 4) I am looking for someone to make replacement tuning machines for my HAGSTROM SWEDE. What I really want is what ended up being used on the SUPER SWEDE a much sturdier "art deco" machine. Had the same art deco tops, but were mounted on what appear to be Grover machines. Here I would probablybe willing to go nuts. Price wise.

: : 5) Looking for a HAGSTROM ULTRA SWEDE. By the end of the glory days at Hagstrom these were made in Japan to offset the cost. I have a Swede, and a Super Swede...so I'm kinda interested in finding an Ultra to round out my collection.

: :
: : Also anyone heard the rumors that HAGSTROM is building again? My local music store guys told me they read in one of the trades that Hagstrom is back in business.

: :
: : Well there is my wish list. At least for now.

Love Hagstroms... have a few myself and a few for sale but not what you are looking for. I also heard that Hagstrom was back in business... good luck...

: I don't want much...
: 1) I'm looking for a FRETLIGHT guitar. Not gonna go nuts here. I know they bought up a bunch of offshore strat copies to make the fret light. I'd be interested in one at a fair and equitaable price. Something that works for BOTH of us.

: 2) Still looking for a HAGSTROM PATCH 2000. I'd really like to find one with the pedal box. As close to original as possible.

: 3) A few years back Fender Japan made a "reissue" of the MARK VI bass. Looking for one of those.

: 4) I am looking for someone to make replacement tuning machines for my HAGSTROM SWEDE. What I really want is what ended up being used on the SUPER SWEDE a much sturdier "art deco" machine. Had the same art deco tops, but were mounted on what appear to be Grover machines. Here I would probablybe willing to go nuts. Price wise.

: 5) Looking for a HAGSTROM ULTRA SWEDE. By the end of the glory days at Hagstrom these were made in Japan to offset the cost. I have a Swede, and a Super Swede...so I'm kinda interested in finding an Ultra to round out my collection.

:
: Also anyone heard the rumors that HAGSTROM is building again? My local music store guys told me they read in one of the trades that Hagstrom is back in business.

:
: Well there is my wish list. At least for now.

epiphone PR4OO#S94110011 acoustic

any info...value,student or vintage...anything!

Lady Gibson B-25 3/4

Can anyone help me with determining the year of this guitar? Lady Gibson B-25 3/4 Serial Number 280818.
Any one know the value of it, it would be considered in good condition with original allegator case.
Thanks

Re: Lady Gibson B-25 3/4

Try http://www.gibson.com/relations/faq.html#_9._How_can

it's that easy..............

: Can anyone help me with determining the year of this guitar? Lady Gibson B-25 3/4 Serial Number 280818.
: Any one know the value of it, it would be considered in good condition with original allegator case.
: Thanks

Flamenco Guitar Lessons

http://emilio.idx.com.au

Gibson SG Special

Brand new, $649
click link for info

search and buy honner the prince

search and buy honner the prinz

Norman B-55

I have a Norman B-55 with #88 etched into the neck and body inside. Any way to tell more from those markings when it was manufactured? Also what kind of woods were used in the manufacture of the B-55? Any repsponses would be appreciated.

Mick

Fender Starcaster - I'm still looking for one...

If anyone is selling a Fender Starcaster at a decent price, please let me know, thanks.

Re: Fender Starcaster - I'm still looking for one...

: If anyone is selling a Fender Starcaster at a decent price, please let me know, thanks.

I just bought two complete sets (incl. 15W RMS full-featured amps) at Costco in Ontario Canada for $369.99 CDN. Don't know where you are but if in the USA, Costco likely has them there as well.

I bought one Sunday at Costco w/amp for $249 U.S. in California...so far it plays good, but this is the first electric guitar I've gotten (have an acoustic Yamaha FG-402 for sale if anyones interested) so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

I bought one Sunday at Costco w/amp for $249 U.S. in California...so far it plays good, but this is the first electric guitar I've gotten (have an acoustic Yamaha FG-402 for sale if anyones interested) so I don't really have anything to compare it to.

: : If anyone is selling a Fender Starcaster at a decent price, please let me know, thanks.

What do you consider a decent price? I have one I could be convinced to let go of. Good condition, make a general offer.

I am not selling a guitar, but Costco sells the Fender Starcaster for $245, it includes an amp., bag, stand, and some other stuff.

Guild acoustic

Guild acoustic

This popular thread has been given its own page : Guild acoustic

framus guitar

i have a framus accustic serial # 43972 it is a arch back and i bought it off of a colonol who said he bought it in bavaria from the factory in 1958 regretfully the col has passed away and i can get no more information on it. If anyone has info. or knows where i might locate information please contact me.

Re: framus guitar

: i have a framus guitar serial 046282 model731 from bavaria W. Germany. If anyone has info. or knows where i might locate information please contact me.

Re: framus guitar

hey...i also hav an old framus.. mine has a fat bottom bit and 2 horn looking thingsfor the body..on this it has 2 f holes,2 pickups and a wammy bar that if its pulled too much pulls da whole string holder thing apart..it also has really old nobs such as T-, T+B-, T+B+, B-...and...0,I, II, II+I...and a volume nob..
enough about what it looks like...its serial no. is 52015 and it says the model is 17776-52..its made in bulgaria an all that too... What the hell is this and whr cn i find more info on this stuff...i'v already been to framus.com so dont say that.(althogh thats a good link too)...well thanx!!

getting in touch

i want to get in touch with nicole cos i want her to be my role model

Re: getting in touch

nobody cares

: i want to get in touch with nicole cos i want her to be my role model

Lee, need pedal help.

Lee you seem to know a bit about pedals n shit, what kind of pedal should i use to get that full old school metallica sound, id prefer the lead guitar sound, but if you know both of them do tell please, thanks much, Trevor

Re: Lee, need pedal help.

A friend of mine was into Metallica and got a real good tone when he bought a boss metal zone MT-2, if you cant get it on that pedal you wont ever get it.
longest sustains ive ever heard, you can realy fat the sound up too with its 3-band EQ.

well u can get it on any pedal its if your smart enough u can get the sound u want, they dont use the pedal lol so im sure u cna get the sound with out it. i use a dod multi fx pedal and a 7 band eq pedal and i get the sound and more, u just have 2 no wht 2 do with the tone and u cna get it with most pedals mess around

Re: pedal help:Allow me to stick my two cents in here...

Acually,The Boss HM-2 was the main pedal of choice in the early days of Metallica.It's got lots of thump(bass).
Alan has a point too.It really depends on your amp,EFX mixing.In the studio these guys had all kindsa shit!So,mixing is key.
BTW...I had the MT-2 and it drove me nuts.The parametric e.q. was a pain in the ass!! Plus,I thought the tone was a bit thin.
Good Luck

Thanks to all of yopu, i neeed a bit more help, i have a crate stealth 200 watt all tube amp and i have a digitech RP300 if you still think the boss MT-2 would sound good with my amp thanks, any suggestions are taken. Trevor
: Lee you seem to know a bit about pedals n shit, what kind of pedal should i use to get that full old school metallica sound, id prefer the lead guitar sound, but if you know both of them do tell please, thanks much, Trevor

when was it made?

i have a guitar name "global sound morris" and it looks like new, have not played it since 1983 bought it 1982. do you know when it was made and if it is good type?

Washburn Bass Wiring Schematics

Does anyone know were i could find these online??? i'm Rewiring a friends bass for him and i need the diagram.

Re: Washburn Bass Wiring Schematics

Hi
I've got the full schematic for a 6 string washburn bantam bass let me know if you want it
Joe

: Does anyone know were i could find these online??? i'm Rewiring a friends bass for him and i need the diagram.

framus acoustic guitar

hello I have an old Framus guitar No. 18387. full size fretboard but small body jazz cutouts in body plays beautiful but wouldlike some information on it if poss. please. Many thanks.

Guitar amp

I have just bought a 'Westfeild mvg 300r' guitar amp and all I know is it gives out 30watts of power. It looks fairly old but is in great condition, i would like to know anything about the make, (Westfield) and also how much it is actually worth, i cannot find anything from any search engine so i thought id ask u guys! Cheers.

guitar strap dont fit.

guitar strap dont fit.

This popular thread has been given its own page : guitar strap dont fit.

hohner MC-05

i recently paid £10 for a hohner MC-05serial number 070160 in a junk shop i was wandering how old it is and how much it might be worth fully restored?

Where?

Where is a good place around Montgomery County, TN to buy a nice, yet cheap acoustic guitar?

Mexican Strat

are they good?...im really into the blues lately and im thinking about picking one up...

Re: Mexican Strat

Buy Japanese or US, the older jap models are excellent.

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.