Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2004

Archive for posts from July, 2004

ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Mexican Strat

I used to build custom strats and I think the Mex strats kick ass. They are good quality and some have the wiring reversed that gives a funky sound. I'd go for it. I'd feel better buying a Mex strat for under $400 than an American one for over $600 because there is not a lot of difference. Good luck
: are they good?...im really into the blues lately and im thinking about picking one up...

I have to agree with you, the mexacan is relly nice, its one of my favrits. I wold go with it. but the quality of the U.S is better.

i have to disagree.. i've been in several shops and compared japanese, mex and us strats recently. There's alot of difference in the feel and playability of the necks between these guitars. And the us pups tend to be brighter and more bell-like, like the vintage strats. They are also heavier cos they use denser wood. The build quality isn't that different, i'll admit, except where the strat deluxe is involved. But i don't like those, they are way too heavy!

Basically, i agree that the price of the us strats is too high. At least in the uk, it's 350 pounds for a jap strat and like 700 pounds for a us, with a mex strat around 490.

They're all different and if u want a real bluesy sound or hendrix type sound, go for the us strat, the mex if you want rock, bright metal sounds.

Some of the jap imports are pretty good actually, but then, you can get a yamaha strat type guitar like a pacifica 412 that will piss on a mex fender. And prob cheaper too...!

Vintage Ibanez RG440 Roadstar II

Vintage Ibanez RG440 Roadstar II

This popular thread has been given its own page : Vintage Ibanez RG440 Roadstar II

heil sound talkbox ! horn driver ??

heil sound talkbox ! horn driver ??

This popular thread has been given its own page : heil sound talkbox ! horn driver ??

help me with info

i have a guitar that i was wanting to find out more about. on the head, it says GEM. on the back of the head it has 2 stickers, 1 is "made in korea" and the other "wo. 21278". i was wondering when this guitar was made/any other information about it. maybe even if its worth anything at all.

please email me with any information. thank you!!

unusual guitar bodies???

unusual guitar bodies???

This popular thread has been given its own page : unusual guitar bodies???

IBZ Saber `87

Do you have a wiring diagram for the Ibanez Saber Roadstar Pro 540 `87 Model. That one with the 3 switches for the pickups ????

Yo Lee

Are all Japan made guitars good?

I've been hearing excellent things about the Jackson RR3 im pretty sure they're made in Japan.

Re: Yo Lee

oh yeah man, esp japan made guitars are friggin awesome, squire is actually a japan made contribution to fender but considered starter levels, its just all round great guitars, like takamine, they kick ass, but thats my opinion, talk to the lee. Trevor

: Are all Japan made guitars good?

: I've been hearing excellent things about the Jackson RR3 im pretty sure they're made in Japan.

Re: Yo Lee

Well, ive not heard them all yet!
but from what ive played they are excellent, ive owned a few, mostly strats tele's and tokai's also maya, my friends have owned them and they are such good value for the money, sometimes the pickups can be a little iffy, some of the early tokais had this, but ive not played a bad one.

Value

I have a 1991 Acoustic/Electric Epiphone (Gibson) guitar model EO-2(EB). There is a butterfly and crescent moon decal on it. I bought it about 6 years ago and have no idea what it is worth.

Re: Value

: I have a 1991 Acoustic/Electric Epiphone (Gibson) guitar model EO-2(EB). There is a butterfly and crescent moon decal on it. I bought it about 6 years ago and have no idea what it is worth.

There is one on ebay now going for 177.00. auction not over as of 08-19-04

Breedlove

I just ran across a Breedlove D2R acoustic. It played great....sweet sound from top to bottom. Does anyone know anything about Breedlove guitars and specifically the D2R model?
Rick

Re: Breedlove

very very good top quality instruments, ive played a couple and like you say they sound very sweet, if you want to know about them take a look at their website:
http://www.breedloveguitars.com

1975 Fender precision bass

I need a replacement scratch guard (white) original or as near as possible.

Can anyone please help

First time Acoutsic gitutar players

where and how should i start playing and getting better

Re: First time Acoutsic gitutar players

Hey, do yourself a favor and buy some cord books or download some tabs and learn the cords. Get some friends to help you out with barr cords. That's how most of us started out..

: where and how should i start playing and getting better

hot-rodding my 81' Strat

One of my pickin' buddies was just given a Honer ?? (looks like a Les Paul double cutaway) It has 2 Seymore Duncan screamin' pick-ups. we are trying to decide weather to fix it up, or part it out so each of us can hot rod our tele's and strats. Input please!? thx................Wayne

Re: hot-rodding my 81' Strat

: One of my pickin' buddies was just given a Honer ?? (looks like a Les Paul double cutaway) It has 2 Seymore Duncan screamin' pick-ups. we are trying to decide weather to fix it up, or part it out so each of us can hot rod our tele's and strats. Input please!? thx................Wayne

Nope, rod em up with strat supplies, rod it up with EMGS or Hot opens, dont waste trime on duncans thatve been used already, wax would prolly need to be redone, just rod it with new supplies unless the duncans sound sweet.
: : One of my pickin' buddies was just given a Honer ?? (looks like a Les Paul double cutaway) It has 2 Seymore Duncan screamin' pick-ups. we are trying to decide weather to fix it up, or part it out so each of us can hot rod our tele's and strats. Input please!? thx................Wayne

A correction: The brand of this quitar is "Hamer" not "Honer" Thx.................Wayne

hrrrm

: One of my pickin' buddies was just given a Honer ?? (looks like a Les Paul double cutaway) It has 2 Seymore Duncan screamin' pick-ups. we are trying to decide weather to fix it up, or part it out so each of us can hot rod our tele's and strats. Input please!? thx................Wayne

MODES...how the fuck you use 'em?

Seriously?

Re: MODES...how the fuck you use 'em?

please elaborate.

please elaborate?

: please elaborate.

I mean MODES,HOW DO YOU USE
THE DAMNED THINGS?

My fingers can wiggle and I've memorized all these patterns and what not but HOW THE BLOODY HELL d'YA use 'Em??????

Re: please elaborate?

what the hell is a mode?

: My fingers can wiggle and I've memorized all these patterns and what not but HOW THE BLOODY HELL d'YA use 'Em??????

Re: MODES...how the fuck you use 'em? Here's a simple approach !!

This is a BASIC way to use them....Bear with me.
Modes can be mixed in with pentatonic scales and such.
The easiest way to apply them is to use the key that's one whole step below.
EXAMPLE:In A min. start with the G Aolien mode.You'll notice that the half steps are already included in your A pentatonic scales! It's simply a matter of how you choose to run the scale.You'll also notice that the G Ionian fits nicely into the A pent. Scale(on the 5th fret).But....THIS WILL NOT WORK IF THE 4 CHORD(song)is D MIN.!! Because in A min...the F natural is a flat 6th and doesent work!
So,in A min.you could run all the G major modes comfortably.
WHY DO WE LEARN MODES??
Because it forces you to look at the guitar differently! You'll have another approach to your guitar playing and it adds color to your riffs.

Fortunatly,we guitarists can look at our instrument geometricly!In shapes and patterns.The modes will open up a new set for you.I'll bet $50 the great George Benson will tell you the same thing!
LEARN THEM,THEN FORGET 'EM!! They'll be there when you need 'em.
Hpoe this helps

Ibanez x series Bass for sale

excellent condition with case, red. $400. plus shipping and handling. call mon-fri 11:am - 5:pm central time, 217-222-1601

Re: Ibanez x series Bass for sale

Please email me pictures, korvetluvr@yahoo.com

: excellent condition with case, red. $400. plus shipping and handling. call mon-fri 11:am - 5:pm central time, 217-222-1601

Morris Roundback Guitars

Does anyone know where the Morris Web site it that shows their roundback modles?

3.rd.Rory Gallagher Review 2004 in Germany!

Hello Rory Fans!

The 3rd Rory Gallagher Review will take place on September 11, 2004 in Wiesbaden.

In the town, where Rory appeared 1979 for the third time in the Rockpalast, 2 bands

will present a vigorous tribute concert.

We from www.rorysfriends.de present:

For the first time in Germany, the English group SINNERBOY from Manchester and the german group Remember RORY!

This year, too, the net takings will be donated for charity.

The donation will be presented to the Children's Hospital Bärenherz
"The support and relief of families with incurably sick children,
even after their death, this is our concern!"

Here, inpatient and outpatient children are accompanied until death as well as advising

and accompanying the relatives.

www.rorysfriends.de

for the english-speaking fans, we have the details in english, they only must klick

the banner.

Many happy returns from Wiesbaden.

Yours sincerely,

20$Bill and Sabine

1980 Takamine EF 391-ME Value?

I've got this beautiful, small body single cutaway acoustic with under the bridge pickup, end pin jack and 4 band eq. It's got an arched top and beautiful black finish with nice woodgrain. Comes with a deluxe case. Any idea of the value?

des laurier

does anyone have any info on this guitar please help

Guitar Amp + Subwoofer

I wonder if anybody uses a subwoofer in their guitar amp set-up. Taking the signal and dividing it and sending the lows to a sub. My idea was to use a 4x12 and have the normal guitar signal coming out of it. Then taking a direct out signal from my power amp, into a crossover, then only taking the lows from the crossover and sending that to the powered sub. So that way I could blend in the extra sub freq.'s ever so slightly, as not to over power the regular signal. Just enough the add some oomph.

And I've heard the "get a bass player" comment before so save it!

Re: Guitar Amp + Subwoofer

all you need is a marshall 2x12 or 4x12, any good quality (celestion) guitar speaker will give you all the frequences you want, why bother? if you want a sub buy an accoustic amp.

Re: Guitar Amp + Subwoofer

Not to shoot you down, but I have a crate amp with celestion speaks, and I'm not happy with the low frequency range.... i'm installing a 12" sub in place of one of the drivers and isolating that portion of the cabinet with a ported box.

Crossover should work ok.

Quote:

PLEASE HELP ME!

i would love to know if anybody could possibly tell me how much a black Fender Mustang 1974 would be worth. PLEASE HELP ME!

Re: PLEASE HELP ME!

$650

How much is a FG336SBII Yamaha Guitar worth?

I want to sell.

Re: How much is a FG336SBII Yamaha Guitar worth?

hey well depending on what condition the guitar is in i think you could get anywhere from €300-€400 thats euros now... so you can do the math!!

Re: How much is a FG336SBII Yamaha Guitar worth?

As you all know, this is not the "real Guitarman" this must be a joke.....

: I want to sell.

What is a FG-180 worth?

Just wondering

Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation for sale

Digitech GNX4 Guitar Workstation for sale, click link for info.

Any CSN player in South Florida look like Stills?

I'ld be damned suprised to find one more look alike guy who looks like Stephen Stills of the CSN & Young group. We have three of the four look alike player/performers. I am the Crosby Guy, and if your the guy to play this part please reply, you'll never regret it.

Franciscan guitar model C108, how much is it worth?

I have an older franciscan classical guitar model C108 that has been restored into very good condition. Does anyone know how much it might be worth?

Does n e body kno the mesa cabnet tom delonge uses

plz i need 2 kno what cabnet tom delonge uses

plz does n e body no tom delonges cabnet

same as sub

epiphone acoustic question

epiphone acoustic question

This popular thread has been given its own page : epiphone acoustic question

Fender Acoustic F-03 Info needed

Hi everyone, u might of seen me around here before asking about a Japanese Fender Strat.. and thanx for your help with that.. Well i have another question for you all concerning a Fender Acoustic, Model F-03, Serial No.8304784.. i was wondering where this dates from and what sort of money it is worth nowadays. My dad got it for dirt cheap and i know its worth more than that.. in total mint condition... Clapton had never sounded so good!! Any help will be greatly accepted..

Cheers, Liam

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.