Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2004

Archive for posts from July, 2004

ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Fender Acoustic F-03 Info needed

Hi everyone, u might of seen me around here before asking about a Japanese Fender Strat.. and thanx for your help with that.. Well i have another question for you all concerning a Fender Acoustic, Model F-03, Serial No.8304784.. i was wondering where this dates from and what sort of money it is worth nowadays. My dad got it for dirt cheap and i know its worth more than that.. in total mint condition... Clapton had never sounded so good!! Any help will be greatly accepted..

Cheers, Liam

les paul guitars

dear sir,
I have a les paul guitar that i can not find a serial no.on it anywhere,i think it was made in 1952
it is solid black.If anyone can tell me anything about it i would appreciate it,Thanks,Sherman Jorman

Re: les paul guitars

i think you have a one off. 1952?? nice.

I'm afraid you don't have a Les Paul. Gibson has always used stamped numbers on the headstock. I believe the first les Paul to be made was in 1954. You probably have a copy....

: dear sir,
: I have a les paul guitar that i can not find a serial no.on it anywhere,i think it was made in 1952
: it is solid black.If anyone can tell me anything about it i would appreciate it,Thanks,Sherman Jorman

i agree with lee, sounds like a one off, my buddy suppos3edly has one, but then again he says he also has a designer series gibson explorer so who knows, go with lee, Trevor

: I have a les paul guitar that i can not find a serial no.on it anywhere,i think it was made in 1952
: it is solid black.If anyone can tell me anything about it i would appreciate it,Thanks,Sherman Jorman

Ok, I went to my books and looked this one up. Gibson made limited amounts of a 1952 Les Paul. They were all black or dark brown and had no serial numbers. They were all proto types and had a trapieze tail end on them unlike the later ones. 1953 was the first commerical year for the Les Pauls. If your guitar has the trapieze tail then you have one hell of a guitar and should go to a large music store and get it appraised. The book list it as $32,000.000

I have a new guitar that i just receieved for my birthday...i dont know whole lot about guitars but it seems to be painted over or the label was taken off...i can also not find a serial number...but i wouldnt know the first place to look either...i believe it is either a les paul or a memphis..

Floyd Rose problem

My floyd rose keeps getting out of tune when I use the tremolo bar! Somebody have an idea what would be the problem? Could be not a problem in the bridge, but in the quality of the strings? Could be a problem in the locking nut? By the way, my guitar is a Washburn WG series. Thanks in advance!

Re: Floyd Rose problem

go on trevor, help him out.

Thanks Lee, what ive noticed weird and odd on my floyd original on my LTD is that if you feel and liosten carefully when you pull back or dive it actualy pops and when pulled back tuning gets higher, and vise versa for dives, what ive noticed helps a little is tighten the lockin nut as best as possible without stripping the nuts and what not, and when you dive or climb on the trem bar to even out your tuning kinda do little whammys like shaking off the strings a buit quickly EX. when you do kirk dives you do huge drops n shit, with this dont even do a half drop, just kinda shake it back and forth in between a dive and climb, it helps some and returns mine back to normal tuning, ive got a few others but i want to see if these woprk first, if they dont repost and ill send em to ya. Trevor

: My floyd rose keeps getting out of tune when I use the tremolo bar! Somebody have an idea what would be the problem? Could be not a problem in the bridge, but in the quality of the strings? Could be a problem in the locking nut? By the way, my guitar is a Washburn WG series. Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your answer, Trevor!

But it really didn't work... i'm afraid that the problem is in the knife edge or in the screws. You see, it's my first floyd rose guitar, and just after I bought it, tried to raise de string's action with the guitar tuned... I've read that doing this can cause damage to the wrecks. What do you think, and what are your other tips?

: Thanks Lee, what ive noticed weird and odd on my floyd original on my LTD is that if you feel and liosten carefully when you pull back or dive it actualy pops and when pulled back tuning gets higher, and vise versa for dives, what ive noticed helps a little is tighten the lockin nut as best as possible without stripping the nuts and what not, and when you dive or climb on the trem bar to even out your tuning kinda do little whammys like shaking off the strings a buit quickly EX. when you do kirk dives you do huge drops n shit, with this dont even do a half drop, just kinda shake it back and forth in between a dive and climb, it helps some and returns mine back to normal tuning, ive got a few others but i want to see if these woprk first, if they dont repost and ill send em to ya. Trevor

: : My floyd rose keeps getting out of tune when I use the tremolo bar! Somebody have an idea what would be the problem? Could be not a problem in the bridge, but in the quality of the strings? Could be a problem in the locking nut? By the way, my guitar is a Washburn WG series. Thanks in advance!

Well that changes it a bit, i think if you tried putting the action down agaoin it might work a bit, taking it in for a setup would fix it but its alot of money just to have it reset back to where it was, i would actually say play it with the nut open play for bout a minute, close it then tune it, my buddy showed me that, i thought itd go outta tune which it does, but retuning aint so hard afterword cause the strings are all slack and set so id try that, otherwise, try taking it in and havin the whole lot looked at, i dont have my manual yet but ill repost when i get it back from my cousin, Thanks, Trevor

: Thanks for your answer, Trevor!

: But it really didn't work... i'm afraid that the problem is in the knife edge or in the screws. You see, it's my first floyd rose guitar, and just after I bought it, tried to raise de string's action with the guitar tuned... I've read that doing this can cause damage to the wrecks. What do you think, and what are your other tips?

: : Thanks Lee, what ive noticed weird and odd on my floyd original on my LTD is that if you feel and liosten carefully when you pull back or dive it actualy pops and when pulled back tuning gets higher, and vise versa for dives, what ive noticed helps a little is tighten the lockin nut as best as possible without stripping the nuts and what not, and when you dive or climb on the trem bar to even out your tuning kinda do little whammys like shaking off the strings a buit quickly EX. when you do kirk dives you do huge drops n shit, with this dont even do a half drop, just kinda shake it back and forth in between a dive and climb, it helps some and returns mine back to normal tuning, ive got a few others but i want to see if these woprk first, if they dont repost and ill send em to ya. Trevor

: : : My floyd rose keeps getting out of tune when I use the tremolo bar! Somebody have an idea what would be the problem? Could be not a problem in the bridge, but in the quality of the strings? Could be a problem in the locking nut? By the way, my guitar is a Washburn WG series. Thanks in advance!

guitar and related equip releases

http://guitargearnews.blogspot.com/

news of guitar and related equip. releases
includes rss feeds

Boss GT-6 "Pedal Assign" Button Question

Boss GT-6 "Pedal Assign" Button Question

This popular thread has been given its own page : Boss GT-6 "Pedal Assign" Button Question

Alvarez String breaking at saddle

My third and forth strings are always breaking at the saddle. There are no burs or anything on the saddle. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

I have the original saddle on the guitar. The guitar is only 2 or three years old, and was a $1100 guitar when I bought it. I have tried several different strings. I usually use Martin Marqui medium gauge. I’ve recently switched to Elixers. I can’t afford to put a set of $20.00 string s on my guitar every two or three weeks because of this problem though. I have been forced to switch to some cheaper strings until I can get this sorted out.

Any help??

Re: Alvarez String breaking at saddle

I love Alvarez guitars. I have a few but not your problem. I would have a good luther make a new saddle out of bone which will make the guitar sound better and help the string breakage. The angle might be cut wrong or are you tuning it correctly?

: My third and forth strings are always breaking at the saddle. There are no burs or anything on the saddle. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

: I have the original saddle on the guitar. The guitar is only 2 or three years old, and was a $1100 guitar when I bought it. I have tried several different strings. I usually use Martin Marqui medium gauge. I’ve recently switched to Elixers. I can’t afford to put a set of $20.00 string s on my guitar every two or three weeks because of this problem though. I have been forced to switch to some cheaper strings until I can get this sorted out.

: Any help??
:

Re: Alvarez String breaking at saddle

Report Reveals Secrets of String Breakage

The document is available for download at no charge from Graph Tech. Visit their website at http://www.graphtech.com/requests, and enter reference number 7T3.

Les Paul Custom year

I've been out on the net trying to put a date on my Les Paul via the serial number, alas I am getting nowhere.
The headstock has a 2 on top and then directly beneath it 913288.
Then Made in the USA beneath that.
Can anybody help? Thanks!

Re: Les Paul Custom year

913288 says its a 1968, dont know about the '2' on top of that number though.

Thanks for the info. I could'nt justify buying a book just for one guitar check. You rock!

Hi there Gordomatic!!
Sorry to disapoint you, but I think your lp is a 1971-72, because the 68 hasn't got the "made in usa" on the headstock.
I hope its OK though.
Flemming

Posting original guitar work,...solo`s, songs, tracks...

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good free web sites for posting on the web, original guitar
tracks, lead guitar solos to, multiple tracks ,for others to listen to. all original lead guitar solo work, no vocals, for fun. Thank you

Epiphone les paul pick ups

I want to change my guitar pick ups (epiphone lp custom, their sound is really crappy!), but I don't have an idea of what I can buy. I want to obtain a sound,likeamerican hi-fi, simple plan, ecc... Should I use a seymour duncan or a gibson pu?
Please help me!

Thanx for your help!!!!

Re: Epiphone les paul pick ups

If you want good cheaper pickups, try Kent Armstrong, they do a direct replacement for that pickup, you can get the open or covered type (no sound difference) but if money is no object i'd go for the Seymour seth lovers, they are alnico magnet very close design to the PAF 55's, they are very very good.

Re: Epiphone pick ups

:alguien sabe español?
bueno pues si alguien entiende quiero saber como puedo cambiar una single-coil por una humbucker.
además quiero saber si hay diferencia entre las que se ponen en el final del mástil y las que se colocan al lado del puente, es decir si importa mucho que la ponga en el puente sin ser propiamente diseñada para el mástil.
Lyle A588

I also have one of these guitars and would like to know if it has any value.

Harmony stratotone H47 mercury

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 3 position
chicken head switch? Thanks

Re: Harmony stratotone H47 mercury

Go to www.comparethevalue.com and click on Harmony guitars then on diagrams.... good luck

: Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 3 position
: chicken head switch? Thanks

Hohner ST Special S - how much?

Hohner ST Special S - how much?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Hohner ST Special S - how much?

antonio hernandis guitar (grade2)

I have a 1969 grade grand concert antonio hernandis guitar (grade2) in its original case in excellent shape. I am looking to sell it anyone have any suggestions on how to..

Lotus? whats that?

I just bought a guitar with "Lotus" on the headstock and I cant find any info on it anywhere! Ive never even heard of it! but it plays pretty decently. anybody have an answer?

Re: Lotus? whats that?

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Lotus/

check it out

need a stratacoustic guitar thats very very very cheap! help me out!!!!!!!!!

im needing a very cheap stratacoustic guitar for under 120 dollars.can anybody help me???????????????????????

really cheap!!!!!!!!

i need a fender stratacoustic under $120.00!help!!!

Re: really cheap!!!!!!!!

:i need a bass guitar under $120.00 help!!!

: :i need i realy cheap electric guitar for about £40

: : :i need a really cheap electric bass guitar for about £40

: i need a really cheap electric bass guitar

Chaning Varnish on Takamine EC132S

Name: Valeri Arutyunyants
Place OF Living: Yerevan 375033 Gaydar str 7 apt 8
Job: Classic Guitar Teacher
Please Help me with this serious situation.
I had to change the varnish of my guitar (Takamine EC132S S/N-89041810) and i need you to offer me what kind of varnish to use to have the same sounding as the one that had before taking off the varnish. I know that Shellack is recommended as a guitar varnish but i want to know exactly so if you know what to use please tell me.
Thanks And Regards Valeri

Selling My Simin amd Patrick

Hey All, I am trying to sell my -Acostic(with a pickup)Simon & Patrick Pro Mahogany-Solid spruce top with solid mahogany back - mahogany sides. Any guesses on how much I should ask for it? It is 3 years old in good shape.

Re: Selling My Simin amd Patrick

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Simon---Patrick/

you didnt state a model number, have a look at these ones.

Harmony Sovereigh Guitar

I have an old Harmony Sovereign guitar that I purchased second hand in 1968. It still is a great old thing. It has an ID number of 9843H1260 inside.

Is there any way of determining the age of the instrument or does the number contain the year and month

Re: Harmony Sovereigh Guitar

Well,
You have a model 1260 but there is another stamp inside that starts with a F or S and has the year like F-66. Get a mirror and look around and you will find it. Check out my site at www.comparethevalue.com for catalog pics of all the old Harmony guitars.

: I have an old Harmony Sovereign guitar that I purchased second hand in 1968. It still is a great old thing. It has an ID number of 9843H1260 inside.

: Is there any way of determining the age of the instrument or does the number contain the year and month

Re: Harmony Hollywood Electric 3036A39

What information do you have on this Harmony. The neck needs straightening otherwise good condition.

Re: Harmony Hollywood Electric 3036A39

What information do you have on this Harmony. The neck needs straightening otherwise good condition.

wanted used acoustic guitar

Any one willing to sell an old F hole pure acoustic guitar in full functional condition? Gibson L7C or Epiphone owners to quote with details

Re: wanted used acoustic guitar

Go to www.comparethevalue.com and click on Harmony guitars. I have one beautiful Archtop from 1950 that looks and plays brand new and will keep up with the Gibsons...

: Any one willing to sell an old F hole pure acoustic guitar in full functional condition? Gibson L7C or Epiphone owners to quote with details

Re: wanted used acoustic guitar

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Ibanez-Vintage-Acoustic-6-string-Model-675-Dreadnought-3676045

Antonio Hernandis guitar

I own a February 1969 Grade Grand Concert Antonio Hernandis guitar. It’s in excellent shape, with its original case. I look forward to selling it. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this?

Re: Antonio Hernandis guitar

: I own a 1970 no.1 Antonio Hernandis guitar. this guitar was made in madrid. It’s in excellent shape, with its original case. I look forward to selling it. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.