Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2004

Archive for posts from July, 2004

ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Gibson Zakk Wylde LP for sale, bullseye pattern

brand new, click link for info

poor ol' lee

oh dearie dear

Re: poor ol' lee

wassup?

fender serial numbers etc

fender serial numbers etc

This popular thread has been given its own page : fender serial numbers etc

is this a fender strat counterfeit?

I found this nice fender strat on ebay, but there just seems to be something fishy about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3737565314&ssPageName=MERC_VI

Re: is this a fender strat counterfeit?

im with you, it does look a bit dodgy, the serial number looks as if it was put on by a blind trained chimp, is that a serial number on the neck plate too? do they carry 2 serial numbers? 1 on the headstock and 1 on the chrome neck plate?

Re: is this a fender strat counterfeit?

im with you, it does look a bit dodgy, the serial number looks as if it was put on by a blind trained chimp, is that a serial number on the neck plate too? do they carry 2 serial numbers? 1 on the headstock and 1 on the chrome neck plate?

scratches

ahhh
i am a begginer on guitar, and you'll probably all think i am stupid lol, but here goes!
i hav an electric guitar, and i dunno i think im a bit clumsy, anyway its got loads of scratches and dints in it! is there anything i can do about them? please help!

Re: scratches

you cant do anything for a ding, but you can take out scraches (minor ones) with a kit that fender sell, comes in 3 peices. i always think scratches add character.

Re: scratches

Hey Steff,
Go to an auto store and buy a bottle of Kit scratch remover. Follow the directions and it should get out a lot of the minor ones. I use this stuff on every guitar I get to make them look as good as they can be. Follow it up with a good coat of wax.

: ahhh
: i am a begginer on guitar, and you'll probably all think i am stupid lol, but here goes!
: i hav an electric guitar, and i dunno i think im a bit clumsy, anyway its got loads of scratches and dints in it! is there anything i can do about them? please help!

WILSON RAPIER 44

hi was just wondering if anyone knows how much a could condition 60's wilson rapier 44 guitar is worth approximately? cheers

Epiphone FT 120 SB

Epiphone FT 120 SB

This popular thread has been given its own page : Epiphone FT 120 SB

serial number check

920113 someone has offered me a jackson that he says is old and worth lots of money, i'm not 100% sure so i got the serial number but cannot find a way to check it
the serial number is 920113, if someone couyld either tell me what they know about this guitar or let me know a way of checking it myself.

Re: serial number check

I have recently have just brought a epiphone les paul with a bigsby trem and i have been told that it is kind of of old but i was not sure.The serial number is U7031025 please would you try and tell what year it was made and if possible how much it is worth. THANKYOU

Re: serial number check

fender serial number:Z4003190
We want model & spec and year for salesã

Hey Lee, Trevor does anyone ever get back?

Hey guys,
Does anyone ever get back to their posts to see the help they get? It seems like they don't... This could be a great site if it was give and take....

Re: Hey Lee, Trevor does anyone ever get back?

Not on very many of mine, sometimes they do sometimes they dont, oh well, watcha gunna do... cheers, Trevor

: Hey guys,
: Does anyone ever get back to their posts to see the help they get? It seems like they don't... This could be a great site if it was give and take....

Rapture dhol

hi im looking for the ring tone of rapture dhol for my cell phone. if anyone has it plz plz plz send it to me on my number +91 9820077896

thanks so much

Request of rapture dhol

: hi im looking for the full song of rapture dhol if any one know which is the song and the album plz mail me on this id
md_nadam@msn.com,md_nadam@rediffmail.com,md_nadam@yahoo.co.in

: thanks so much

Re: Rapture dhol

: hi im looking for the ring tone of rapture dhol for my cell phone. if anyone has it plz plz plz send it to me on my number +91 9820077896

: thanks so much

Re: Rapture dhol

: : hi im looking for the ring tone of rapture dhol for my cell phone. if anyone has it plz plz plz send it to me on my number +91 9813235315
: : thanks so much

gibson/epiphone E452T sorento wiring diagram

if anyone knows where i can find this diagram,,please ,,email me

Yamacki Deluxe

I have a 1971 Yamaki Deluxe in excellent shape and would like to know the value of it. Thanks for any replies Louise freeasaneagle@shaw.ca

Recommendations for beginners electric guitar

Hi I'm a first time buyer of an electric guitar after playing acoustic for two years. Unfortunately I only have a limited budget and could probably only just stretch to £250-£300 for a full package. I am looking for something that gives a good sound and I can play just for fun. So far I have found what i think is a decent package at http://www.regentguitars.co.uk/acatalog/Catalogue_Electric_101.html
Could you please give your thoughts on this or recommend another model?

Thanx a lot

Re: Recommendations for beginners electric guitar

the sensible thing to do would be buy 2nd hand, used stuff costs a lot less than new, you get a better set up for your money, as a first electric i would recomend a fender strat, if you spend £250 on a 2nd hand jap strat and decide you dont like it in 2 years time (which you wont), you would easily get your money back and more, strats are fantastic to play, real easy on the hand, they look fantastic too, i would buy a standard guitar, no active pickups!! and get a standard colour, red, white, black or sunburst, the sparkly sea foam red with blue stripes is a no no.
ive seen jap standard strats on www.loot.com for £250, mexican ones are good as well, but i prefer the japs, with the £50 left over from your budget get a 2nd hand marshall 15 watt mg15fdx they retail at about £110 new so you should haggle a good 2nd hand one for £50, look for that on loot too, but of course the lure of the new guitar package will suck you in, and you will probably throw away my advice and go for that online deal, but ive given my advice, remember, the guitar from your online package deal is meant for christmas, but a strat is for life.

I 100% agree with Lee. I have been playing over 40 years and have over 72 guitars. Buy a Fender Strat and ya can't go wrong.... or a very good copy of a Gibson Les Paul. Some of the Japan makers make very good copies.

: Hi I'm a first time buyer of an electric guitar after playing acoustic for two years. Unfortunately I only have a limited budget and could probably only just stretch to £250-£300 for a full package. I am looking for something that gives a good sound and I can play just for fun. So far I have found what i think is a decent package at http://www.regentguitars.co.uk/acatalog/Catalogue_Electric_101.html
: Could you please give your thoughts on this or recommend another model?

: Thanx a lot

hey im 14 and ive never played before and i was looking to buy a electric guitar on a suitable budget, and i just thought i might get some advice on what i should get. i was looking at a les paul sp 2 but like i said i would like to get some advice first. thanks alot

: at soundcontrol there is a very nice les paul copy by westfield which is only£99

if you dont like pushing down the strings hard you should try cranking down the action. but not to much or else you well get fret buzz.

Westfield is rubbish how can you recomend that toot?

Richard Marx playing a McPherson guitar on TV

Anyone happen to see Richard Marx on Ryan Seacrest and Larry King yesterday 7/20/04? He was playing a McPherson guitar. It looked and sounded great. Anyone else catch this?

Re: Richard Marx playing a McPherson guitar on TV

: Anyone happen to see Richard Marx on Ryan Seacrest and Larry King yesterday 7/20/04? He was playing a McPherson guitar. It looked and sounded great. Anyone else catch this?

I did, those are the most incredible guitars I've heard. They are so amazingly clear!!!!

: : Anyone happen to see Richard Marx on Ryan Seacrest and Larry King yesterday 7/20/04? He was playing a McPherson guitar. It looked and sounded great. Anyone else catch this?

: I did, those are the most incredible guitars I've heard. They are so amazingly clear!!!!

I see Richard Marx will be on Regis&Kelly Monday Aug 9th 2004. Hopefully he'll play the McPherson guitar again so we have another opportunity to see and hear it.

: Anyone happen to see Richard Marx on Ryan Seacrest and Larry King yesterday 7/20/04? He was playing a McPherson guitar. It looked and sounded great. Anyone else catch this?

I saw Brad Paisley play the McPherson guitar live on the CMA this last week. He was with Alison Krauss. Fantastic sound. He won 2 CMA awards.

I saw Brad Paisley play the McPherson guitar live on the CMA this last week. He was with Alison Krauss. Fantastic sound. He won 2 CMA awards.

epiphone acoustic question

i have an epiphone sunburst acoustic guitar i am trying to find some info on. the label is brown/orange, model# pr-715-asb ,serial# 98715
: : the label says kalamazoo, michigan but also made in japan. i have been looking into this and it seems that some of these details contradict themselves. if any one could tell me what year this is, or basically any info, i would really appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Re: epiphone acoustic question

I'll be nice and give you this site to look it up yourself... http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Epiphone/

: i have an epiphone sunburst acoustic guitar i am trying to find some info on. the label is brown/orange, model# pr-715-asb ,serial# 98715
: : : the label says kalamazoo, michigan but also made in japan. i have been looking into this and it seems that some of these details contradict themselves. if any one could tell me what year this is, or basically any info, i would really appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Ec-50 or viper 50

I cant choose what one!!!!! they both have their ups and downs and I have only been playing for a year so help me out!!

Re: Ec-50 or viper 50

Hey,
Either one is fine... I'd pick the Viper....

: I cant choose what one!!!!! they both have their ups and downs and I have only been playing for a year so help me out!!

Presets For ME6

Hello,

I want to have presets for my ME6 HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Lot

Price on a Strat Guitar Body...

About that Fender Black Strat with black pickups, black knobs and black pickguard; the very strat with a Fernandes neck.. on the Live Tonight Sold Out VHS Kurt Cobain smashes that guitar, however the body still remains in one piece. I wondered: how much would that body with pickups and etc cost? Just the body with the pickups.

lee

is a primitive simian

Re: lee

wassup?

D'Agostino Strat clone(Japan) info??

D'Agostino Strat clone(Japan) info??

This popular thread has been given its own page : D'Agostino Strat clone(Japan) info??

Pedaleira RP10 esta Travando

Bom a minha pedaleira ela quando eu ligo as veses a gente acessa algun instrumento mas logo ela trava e não passa para nenhum outro banco voce poderia me dar alguma resposta por favor?

Re: Pedaleira RP10 esta Travando

Iranilson, tenho a solução para o problema.
Não se desespere!
Envie-me um e-mail dizendo onde (cidade/estado) voce reside.

Giannini G90

Hello all. I have a Giannini G90 guitar which I purchased new in 1971 or 72. It has not been played much, has been lovingly handled and stored only in my home in climate controlled conditons with, the strings loosened, since I gave up guitar in 1974. I want to sell this guitar but have no idea what it is worth today. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for your help. Rich

Re: Giannini G90

I hate to look up guitar prices too so I will give ya #100 for it.... Let's both be lazy and make a good deal....

: Hello all. I have a Giannini G90 guitar which I purchased new in 1971 or 72. It has not been played much, has been lovingly handled and stored only in my home in climate controlled conditons with, the strings loosened, since I gave up guitar in 1974. I want to sell this guitar but have no idea what it is worth today. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance for your help. Rich

Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio for sale

brand new, link for info

1970 Ovation Josh White model #777

Hey!
I own an old Ovation Josh White. The man I got it from said he bought it in 1970. It's model #777. How much do you think something like this would be worth? I can't afford to get it appraised right now, so I'm trying to get some feedback. I know the Josh White Models were only made from '67 - '70. Any ideas?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.