Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2004

Archive for posts from July, 2004

ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

1970 Ovation Josh White model #777

Hey!
I own an old Ovation Josh White. The man I got it from said he bought it in 1970. It's model #777. How much do you think something like this would be worth? I can't afford to get it appraised right now, so I'm trying to get some feedback. I know the Josh White Models were only made from '67 - '70. Any ideas?

79 Les Paul Custom Silverburst

I have a 79 Les Paul custom silverburst in about 7.5 condition..anyone know what it is worth...would like to trade it maybe..for another paul or older SG...

Re: 79 Les Paul Custom Silverburst

I remember these axes.I wanted to buy one but never had the cash..lol.
This guitar with original pickups should get you approx. $1700-$2000 fazuls(dollars).
I beleive 1979 was the year they started making Pauls in Nashville.
Hope this helps

martin guitar collectors item

Hi folks.
I have very nice martin acoustic which I want to sell - it is a bit of a collectors item as they only made 100 in 1990 - a limited edition
OMC—28. It's in good condition. I was wondering if anyone knows a collector or player who would give it a good new home.
thanks.

need english songs

hey ......... i want english songs .. to hear on my computer .. of bryan adams ..... could u fine me plz.. deep

framus

i have a framus acoustic guitar serial number 18087 model number 950 with brass framus symbol on headstock any info would be much appreciated

Fender Stage 1600 for sale, brand new

THE NEW DYNA-TOUCH III SERIES amps combine great tones, killer looks and ease of use with the excitement of Fender DSP effects. The Stage 1600 features a bone-crunching 160 watts of power pushed through dual Celestion 12" speakers.

Takamine - help me find what model I have

I have an older Takamine, I bought it in the 70's from a Pawn Shop. Acoustic, 12 string, in-laid pearl, drednaught body. Beautiful sound, but no visible model number. There is a number stamped on the inside where the base of the neck is: 76022027 Does anyone know? The only other sticker notes to use light guage strings... Really would appreciate your expertise.

Thanks

VALUATION Request: Fender F-05--12

Could someone please email me an approximate valuation of this guitar? It is in like-new condition.

Re: VALUATION Request: Fender F-05--12

This is a question? What guitar? what year? what condition? like new condition? what does that mean? Get a life...

: Could someone please email me an approximate valuation of this guitar? It is in like-new condition.

Re: VALUATION Request: Fender F-05--12

Read the topic: Fender F-05-12 Condition: like-new. Life? I have one.

: This is a question? What guitar? what year? what condition? like new condition? what does that mean? Get a life...

: : Could someone please email me an approximate valuation of this guitar? It is in like-new condition.

just bought an electric guitar now i need an amp

so i just bought a Godin Freeway classic, but im not sure how to pick my amp, mostly just for playing at home

Re: just bought an electric guitar now i need an amp

Just go on Ebay and find an amp that is around 15 - 30 watts, has reverb, and is not very expensive. You will also want a headphone output so you can rock in private. There are many like Laney, rocktron, crate that will sell for under $200 and sound good. Good luck.

: so i just bought a Godin Freeway classic, but im not sure how to pick my amp, mostly just for playing at home

Re: just bought an electric guitar now i need an amp

:I just bought a Godin Exit 22 and I strongly suggest either the Fender 15w Blues junior or the 40w Fender hot rod deluxe. The Blues junior would probably be fine for playing at home. Pay for the tube amp, you won't be sorry in the long run.

Fender F-03 Acoustic FOR SALE

Fender F-03 Acoustic  FOR SALE

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender F-03 Acoustic FOR SALE

damage to ovation guitars from case shrinkage

I own a late 70's high-end ovation guitar. Shortly after buying it the face cracked.

Shortly thereafter I stopped playing and the guitar sat in my closet. Recently I decided to pick up the instrument again and took it to get re-strung andtuned up.

The guy at the store told me that the damage was clearly caused by shrinkage of the case and that this was a known problem at that time.

Has anyone else heard of this defect?

Thanks

Re: damage to ovation guitars from case shrinkage

My husband's Ovation has a crack in the face after being stored for several years. It is from the late 70's/early 80's. It was one of the lower end models. We have been puzzled about how it sustained this damage in the closet. It now has a 5 inch crack on the face. Sounds like a similar problem.

LOOKING FOR PHOTO

I AM LOOKING FOR A PHOTO OF A ;1962 REISSUE OF A FENDER TELECASTER 50TH ANNIVERSARY ADDITION CREME IN COLOR CAN YOU HELP ME?????

Fender 50th Anniversary 1954 Stratocaster for sale

The Fender Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1954 Stratocaster is an exact representation of a 1954 Fender Stratocaster. Every aspect of the details of the original has been replicated including the knobs, switch tip, pickup covers, pickups and serial number stamped on the back of the tremolo cover plate. The guitar features Custom Wound 1954 pickups, bone nut, and is available in Closet Classic 2-Tone Sunburst Only.

Re: Fender 50th Anniversary 1954 Stratocaster for sale

How much and where do you live?
M.J.

Re: Fender 50th Anniversary 1954 Stratocaster for sale

: how many SC CS Anniversary 1954 will be manufactured??
thanks
dj
: The Fender Custom Shop 50th Anniversary 1954 Stratocaster is an exact representation of a 1954 Fender Stratocaster. Every aspect of the details of the original has been replicated including the knobs, switch tip, pickup covers, pickups and serial number stamped on the back of the tremolo cover plate. The guitar features Custom Wound 1954 pickups, bone nut, and is available in Closet Classic 2-Tone Sunburst Only.

Fender Signature Series Headstock decals

I am in the process of making a few Fender replica guitars and need the signatures of Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie Malmsteen, Hendrix and Clapton. Does anyone have them (they need to fit the Large Headstock of course)?

WA PEDAL?????????????????????

Hey,
What is the best wa pedal for the quality and price? Thank you!

Re: WA PEDAL?????????????????????

ive always used a cry baby wah, its a mid priced one, i can recomend it.

Re: WA PEDAL?????????????????????

cool thanks man

SAYA NAK BELAJAR CARA-CARA LEAD GETAR

TOLONG SAYA,BAGAIMANA CARA BELAJAR LEAD GETAR SUPAYA SAYA MENJADI SEORANG YANG PANDAI BERMAIN GETAR

Re: SAYA NAK BELAJAR CARA-CARA LEAD GETAR

: TOLONG SAYA,BAGAIMANA <B style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">CARA </B><B style="color:black;background-color:#A0FFFF">BELAJAR</B> LEAD GETAR SUPAYA SAYA MENJADI SEORANG YANG PANDAI BERMAIN GETAR

SAYA NAK BELAJAR CARA-CARA LEAD GETAR

TOLONG SAYA,BAGAIMANA CARA BELAJAR LEAD GETAR SUPAYA SAYA MENJADI SEORANG YANG PANDAI BERMAIN GETAR

NAK BELAJAR CARA LEAD GETAR

TOLONG SAYA BELAJAR CARA BAGAIMANA NAK BELAJAR LEAD SERTA KORD SEKALI KALAU PERLU DENGAN PANDUANNYA SEKALI

Instrumental Guitar Johnny Cash

I enjoyed very much the instrumental guitar Amazing Grace played by the late Johnny Cash? I am very interesteed to learn how to play his type of music produced by his guitar?

Thanks and regards,

cord lagu tahe corrs

tolongin kirim aku cord lagu tahe corrs berjudul runaway dan summer sunshine

bagi cord lagu red hot chili pepar dan system of a down

: tolongin kirim aku cord lagu tahe corrs berjudul runaway dan summer sunshine

Re: cord lagu krisdayanti - cobalah untuk setia

: tolongin kirim aku cord lagu krisdayanti berjudul cobalah untuk setia

Re: cord lagu tahe corrs

: tolongin kirim aku cord lagu tahe corrs berjudul would you be happier dan summer sunshine

Re: cord lagu metalica

: tolongin kirim aku cord lagu metalica berjudul
the sandman

angus sound

i have a fender strat and a marshall MG15 i would like to know how to get angus sound out of the pair can any one suggest anything?

Re: angus sound

i suggest you ditch the strat and get yourself an SG standard and a wall of marshalls.

Re: angus sound

try a marshal. But dont uas efficts. beleve me, i've tryed. please try and take me sirisly.... sorry im not a good speller. anyway, even though im only 11

hOW TO LEAR TO PLAY GUITAR?

I'VE BEEN ALWAYS INTERESTING ABOUT GITAR

Re: hOW TO LEAR TO PLAY GUITAR?

: I'VE BEEN ALWAYS INTERESTING ABOUT GITAR

nice

The best thing to do is buy some sheet music or song books of music you like to play. make sure they have pictures above the chord names to show you where to place your fingers. You can also get a book called the gigbag book of chords and use it as a reference while you learn. Just make sure you don't make work of it. HAVE FUN!!!

hamare nana ke mauth

i want to recieve the song of pradeep : urti chirya behta paanni

guitar teacher in northern NJ

i'm looking for a guitar teacher in northern nj (sussex county area)
does anyone know any who are accepting new students??

HOW MUCH MY GUITAR IS WORTH.

I HAVE AN GIBSON GUITAR L6-S 70668561 COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH?

Re: HOW MUCH MY GUITAR IS WORTH.

Hey,
I'll give ya $100 for it....

: I HAVE AN GIBSON GUITAR L6-S 70668561 COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH?

i have a 1981 custom fender stratacater its blonde fully original and in mint condition how much is it worth

: I HAVE AN aspenGUITAR ad-18 70668561 COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH?

: I HAVE AN Epiphone 5102T.E No# 75513 COULD YOU TELL ME HOW MUCH IT IS WORTH?

Les Paul Slverburst

any idea what a 79 les paul silverburst custom in 7.5 shape is worth???

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.