Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - July, 2004

Archive for posts from July, 2004

ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: Les Paul Slverburst

about $2000 - $2500 ive seen a few go on ebay for a little less than that, i would think on a private sale nearer the £2500.

Re: Les Paul Slverburst

: any idea what a 79 les paul silverburst custom in 7.5 shape is worth???

I had an 83 that i got for about 800

Epiphone Riviera Archtop Electric guitar

Any thoughts on a cherry (finish and condition)Epi Riviera?

Model is 250 EA and it says made in Japan on back of the headstock but the label inside says Kalamazoo.

I figure it was made in Japan and/or assemble in usa somewhere between 70 and 82. Set up is great!

Any thoughts? Worth $500

Thanks

Are drive guitar combos any good/

Is the 99.00 drive amp guitar combo any good?

What is the the best package for an intermidiate(novice) guitar player that likes old time rock from the 50's and early 60's and country and rockabliiy?

Re: Are drive guitar combos any good/

go for the marshall MG15FDX, its not a gigging amp, but 15watts is loud enough for indoors, and for the money it has a great sound, also the small vox tranistor amps are quite good.

Re: Are drive guitar combos any good/

: Is the 99.00 drive amp guitar combo any good?

: What is the the best package for an intermidiate(novice) guitar player that likes old time rock from the 50's and early 60's and country and rockabliiy?

Reply: I'm new on this website, but have a relatively experienced opinion about your search for the right combo. I might do the same thing ... search for the "right" guitar and amp to play whatever I'm gonna play, before I go out and play it. However, I've been at it long enough that I have 6 decades of equipment to choose from.

I believe you can use a properly prepared Strat for just about anything, but I'd look for an economical, discontinued DeArmond M-series guitar, something like a Les Paul, but with DeArmatron humbuckers, and a little Blues Junior amp.

I've been reading many other's postings. One thing I like is that everybody is entitled to an opinion and gets to say what they want, and certainly ... there are some experts in the forum that shouldn't be taking alot of crap from a few meddlers who heckle & have nothing constructive to contribute.

Some of these experts have indeed invested many years and thousands of dollars in research, education and performance ... and I for one, with 10 year's recent music education and 33 year's playing still WANT to hear what they have to say, and learn something NEW anytime. Well, that's me. To each his own ...

Hope this helps. Strat Man Dwight

Half diminished chords

How do I build a half diminished chord. If a augmented chord has a raised fifth= The root, major third and another Major Third, and the diminished has= The root a minor third and a minor third. Is a half diminished= A root a minor third and the fourth note of the scale?

Re: Half diminished chords

The 1/2 dim chord is a min7b5 chord.

J45, year, worth

I have a Gibson J45 which is suburst in color. On the back of the head the serial number is inprinted as 319000. It is in excellent condition. I would like to know what year it was made and how much it is worth. Thanks

Re: J45, year, worth

it's a 1965 model, price? god knows, its going to be a good few dollars though, $4k? maybe more? i know they are very very collectable.

Re: J45, year, worth

You know, type in "Gibson serial numbers" in a search engine and find out what year it is.... then go on Ebay a look at what they are selling for or go to Gbase and see what dealers are selling them for. Why do all of you think that we are here to serve your needs and do your homework for you ? If you have a computer, then use it and do the work yourself...

: it's a 1965 model, price? god knows, its going to be a good few dollars though, $4k? maybe more? i know they are very very collectable.

Alvarez K. Yari Model 5008 - any info?

Alvarez K. Yari Model 5008 - any info?

This popular thread has been given its own page : Alvarez K. Yari Model 5008 - any info?

bermain guitar yang baik dan berseni

saya sudah lama kepengin main guitar yang baik dan bagus. memeliki warna dan citarasa tersendiri berbeda dengan yang lain.
saya pengin dijarintekhnik lead guitar jazz, latin, blues dan rock.

Pan Bass Guitar Info, Please!

Pan Bass Guitar Info, Please!

This popular thread has been given its own page : Pan Bass Guitar Info, Please!

snarling dog

ok at the moment i have a dod multi effects pedal into a 7 band eq into my amp head. and as u no multi effects pedals have alot of effects but but there al average effects, well my point is i think that the ditortion sounds artafishal, so i am thinking of buying a black snarling dog pedal and runing it into the effects pedal on clean. so when i turn it on i will have a lush disrtion and when i turn it of i will b using th multi effects clean chanel, does any one think this will work well?

New guitars, amps, effects info

New guitar releases, link below, updated daily

Epiphone Black Beauty 3 Pick Up Custom

Hi I'm thinking of getting one, I've seen one on eBay that needs some working on and was willing to go up to about £200 what does anyone reckon.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33040&item=3738624107&rd=1

Re: Epiphone Black Beauty 3 Pick Up Custom

looks very good, Jap copies are better than korean ones, but i thought all Epi's were made in Korea? maybe they were made in japan in early 80's.
for £200 it would be a bargain.

DOBRO SLIDE RESONATOR Teachers

Hi anyone know of any good sloide guitar teachers around Nottingham UK, or in the uk in general??

electro acoustics

I'm looking around for an electro acoustic and would like some recommendations from other players. My main guitar is a 70's Strat and I'd like to find sopething with a similair action but having a wider neck. Thanks

pedal

ok at the moment i have a dod multi effects pedal into a 7 band eq into my amp head. and as u no multi effects pedals have alot of effects but but there al average effects, well my point is i think that the ditortion sounds artafishal, so i am thinking of buying a black snarling dog pedal and runing it into the effects pedal on clean. so when i turn it on i will have a lush disrtion and when i turn it of i will b using th multi effects clean chanel, does any one think this will work well? i sent that message then i found out about the blue do and that soudns veen better than the black dog nice for heavy metal and blues but im ? still stands about using it b4 or after my multi effects pedal with that on clean

BOSS ME-10 multieffect processor

is it possible to get this effect box now days
is it as good as people say it is
is it indeed better than the new BOSS ME-50

SCHEMATIC BOSS ME10

MON COMPRESSEUR NE FONCTIONNE PLUS ET IMPOSSIBLE DE TROUVER LES CIRCUITS INTEGRES ET LE PLAN POUR LE DEPANNER.
MERCI A L-AVANCE

gutaries

how much are strings for a fender gutarie

Re: gutaries

Try going to a music store and finding out... Now there is a unique idea.... Just for you...

: how much are strings for a fender gutarie

guitar man, take a couple of those pills and go and have a lie down!!
but you still offered great advice.

Ah, the horror of it all. To think I survived Nam, 3 marrages, 2 shootings and a stab wound for this. Is this where America is comming too? Too lazy to go to a music store and find out what strings cost? Before I buy anything I research it and find out as much about it as I can so I'm an informed consumer... I build houses, motorcycles and guitars.. That's just my hobbies. I also program computers and write software that is sold all over the world. All it takes is a little common sense and a lot of work but my dad taught me all about hard work and I'm not afraid of it. This board should be a great place to ask questions, some maybe stupid but if you don't know, you don't know.. But most of the qustions could be answered by just typing in some keywords on a search engine and finding out yourself. The question about the ohms was a good one and one that will help others. How much are guitar strings just blows me away.... I guess I might be too anal when it comes to questions but it scares me to see the lazyness that has taken over our world....

: guitar man, take a couple of those pills and go and have a lie down!!
: but you still offered great advice.

... hrrrm

: guitar man, take a couple of those pills and go and have a lie down!!
: but you still offered great advice.

have u ever seen a reverb built in to a strat?

i have a strat with a switch on it from the facktory. i think its a reverb switch. i have never found another one like it. no one can tell me any thing about it. all i know is that its mexican made and its a 95'.

Re: have u ever seen a reverb built in to a strat?

Hey,
send me some of the smoke your smokin... Fender or any other guitar maker never had a switch for reverb... Reverb is a long tube with springs or a digital loop in an amp... The switch is probably an add on that "out of phases" the pickups not a reverb switch... How many tokes does it take to get that high?
: i have a strat with a switch on it from the facktory. i think its a reverb switch. i have never found another one like it. no one can tell me any thing about it. all i know is that its mexican made and its a 95'.

might be a self destruct switch.

A self destruct switch? Ya, for guys who are smokin the good stuff... I know that there are newbees that have questions, Old farts that have got out of the swing of things but stupid questions or lazy questions really send me up the wall. Common sense would tell ya that a switch will reverse the wiring and not add an effect to the guitar.... I'm getting a bad rap for responding to stupid questions but I can't help myself... I guess I really hate stupid and/or lazy people... Guys like Lee or Travor have done their work and learned about guitars and shouldn't have to answer stupid questions or do others work... I love a good question that will help many others and has a common sense aria about it. But don't ask me what the value of your guitar is, or is it rare, or how much you should sell it for... Do your own homework and find out... If you want my experteeze, then pay for it.... Just like I did....
: might be a self destruct switch.

PRO SERIES WAH VOLUME

hey does anyone know the list price for a MORLEY (PWV1)?? thanks.

gi10

hi does anybody know where i could get a roland gr10 second hand will do
thanks
jim dereck

angus sound

i need settings to get angus sound out of the pair i have which is a fender strat and a marshall Mg15

Re: angus sound

buy my guitar, its angus garunteed since its his signature guitar

nah nah nah, ive got a bigger ice cream than you, go take your bragging ego somewhere else, who gives a shit that you have a signature guitar, more fool you for buying it, angus plays an SG standard not his signature, a fool and his money are easily parted.

so what ,, big yawn ..ZZZZZzzzzzzz

: i need settings to get angus sound out of the pair i have which is a fender strat and a marshall Mg15

Reply: WOW this is a hot thread - if I say anything I may get my head taken off! Well, first of all, I can handle that and remain standing. A little smoke & mirrors?

Strats and Angus Young, and how the 2 may be related are exremely unlikely but interesting topics.

All I can say is that my son, whose head I do not want taken off, converted an American Lonestar Strat to a killer axe with a $30 switch from Emmett Brown @ deaf-eddie.net, and about 1 hour's labour. I've done it too, on an identical guitar - it works with single coils too. The switch called a Fat-O-Caster can allow you to have as many as 16 sounds from different series and parallel combinations of the pickups. We like them so much that we reviewed the switches under Deaf-Eddie pickups on harmonycentral.com. Read more there.

So here's what: I could keep all this tone and good news to myself, or share with friends, or tell the World. The World will be a better place! We are completely satisfied that our modified Strats sound fantastic, and somewhere in the mix ... we are getting Angus Young sounds, just like my kid said on harmony central ... right after he sold his SG which everybody called "Back in Black".

So, let's everyone be happy, and to each his own guitar!

For those about to rock, yours truly, Strat Man Dwight

FENDER FENDER FENDER!!! ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION!!!!

YA IVE PUT QUESTIONS BELOW.. WIL SOME ONE PLEASE FUCKING ANSWER THEM...

Re: FENDER FENDER FENDER!!! ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION!!!!

WHAT F%%%%ING QUESTIONS?

Re: FENDER FENDER FENDER!!! ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION!!!!

YES SIR!!! We will be your slaves and take the time to look up all you wish to know. We do not have a life other than to please you.... your wish is our command. We know your hinni is the king of this board and we wish nothing but to kiss your ass and hope you send your praise upon us.... kiss my ass......
: YA IVE PUT QUESTIONS BELOW.. WIL SOME ONE PLEASE FUCKING ANSWER THEM...

Jerry Garcia's Wolf Guitar

Hey folks, Looking for a good close up pic of The wolf on Jerry's Wolf Guitar made by Irwin. I've searching the net for hours now to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Jerry Garcia's Wolf Guitar

: Hey folks, Looking for a good close up pic of The wolf on Jerry's Wolf Guitar made by Irwin. I've searching the net for hours now to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Jerry Garcia's Wolf Guitar

go to rocknroll hall of fame they have 5 originals rosebud,wolf,etc

Aria Pro II PE-60

I'm interested in buying an Aria Pro II PE-60 and am having trouble finding one. If you have one to sell or know of where I can purchase one, please email me.
Thanks, aaron.

Fender F-05-12 for sale

Fender F-05-12 for sale

This popular thread has been given its own page : Fender F-05-12 for sale

Looking to sell a Vintage Ibanez X series guitar, Red ( dt350??)

I am unsure as to how much this guitar is worth. I saw it for 360 but am unsure if this is accurate or not. I don't play guitar and it really should be loved and used by someone who can appreciate it.
It is in excellent condition and would be sold with it's hard case.
Thanks so much for helping me out!

White Gibson Les Pauls

I recently purchased a Les Paul Studio, left handed, from a dealer in CA. I noticed on the back of the guitar, at the openings for the control knobs and the pick up selector switch, that some of finish may have been removed at the very edge of the opening during the final buffing process. It is either the finish was removed or the red rouge polish that they use to buff the guitars that is stuck to edge. I removed the covers and used some car polish to try remove the red polish residue that is in the openings but it would not come off. Has anyone ever experienced this issue with a white Les Paul? If so how did you fix the problem? I live in PA, otherwise I would have brought it back to the dealer.
Thanks,
Vince

Re: White Gibson Les Pauls

Try Kit scratch remover which can be bought from any auto store. I use it on all my guitars and it works great... Good luck..

: I recently purchased a Les Paul Studio, left handed, from a dealer in CA. I noticed on the back of the guitar, at the openings for the control knobs and the pick up selector switch, that some of finish may have been removed at the very edge of the opening during the final buffing process. It is either the finish was removed or the red rouge polish that they use to buff the guitars that is stuck to edge. I removed the covers and used some car polish to try remove the red polish residue that is in the openings but it would not come off. Has anyone ever experienced this issue with a white Les Paul? If so how did you fix the problem? I live in PA, otherwise I would have brought it back to the dealer.
: Thanks,
: Vince

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.