Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2004

Archive for posts from August, 2004

ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

same last name

don't know which is cooler - same last name or common interest in guitars and music. Oliff is not as common as smith or jones, so who knows?

new guitar

we just got new guitars and we need lessons so if u no anyone who gives cheap lessons could please contact us? The one place was ten to thirteen so if there is any cheaper please let us know! Thanks!

cotizacion de precios.

SALUDOS.Atte.E-mail.perumundomusic@hotmail.com

laney tfx3

hello i would like to know if any one has knolege on how to get the best out of my amp head it is the new laney tfx3 amp head and it runs ECC83 in the preamp stage, i im running a gibson sg into a boss nois supressor into boss disortion into the 7 band eq, no matter wht settings i have it on i still get a harsh sound i no i wont get it perfect but can any one help, so turning down the pedals and turenin the amp up hier get a nicer sound from the valves or do it not matter with this tpye of amp head please help me ooo yea i im runnin out of 2 ibanez 4x12 cabs

laney tfx3

laney tfx3

This popular thread has been given its own page : laney tfx3

sorry

sorry that sent 2xs weuird

ooo

emm would the marshall avt150head sound gd im not sure if its better or not, the laney is tube fusion but im not sure if the marshal has a much warmer sound please help thanks a lot

ooo

hello i would like to know if any one has knolege on how to get the best out of my amp head it is the new laney tfx3 amp head and it runs ECC83 in the preamp stage, i im running a gibson sg into a boss nois supressor into boss disortion into the 7 band eq, no matter wht settings i have it on i still get a harsh sound i no i wont get it perfect but can any one help, so turning down the pedals and turenin the amp up hier get a nicer sound from the valves or do it not matter with this tpye of amp head please help me ooo yea i im runnin out of 2 ibanez 4x12 cabs i just fort of this
emm would the marshall avt150head sound gd im not sure if its better or not, the laney is tube fusion but im not sure if the marshal has a much warmer sound please help thanks a lot

I'm a guitarit

Guitarist looking for a band. I've played in shows, clubs, schools, etc. I'v played Punk, grunge, Alternative, Emo, Screamo, Indie, etc. I'm going for Indie and a little experimental.

Squier stratocaster serial number

Hi,
can anybody tell me where i can find the serial-number
of my squier stratocaster made in 1983 ?

keep on rockin`

Matthias

Re: Squier stratocaster year

: Hi,
: can anybody tell me where i can find the year
: of my squier stratocaster serial number 914984 made in USA ?

: keep on rockin`

: Matthias

Re: Squier stratocaster year

: Hi,
: can anybody tell me where i can find the year
: of my squier stratocaster serial number 914984 made in USA ?

: keep on rockin`

:el Bocha

I really need a Boss ME-10 manual

Hi everyone,,if anyone could help me out, I live in Japan, and I need a manual in English for my Boss Me-10 unit...I am not getting enough out of it!!
Thankyou !!

ibanez cabs

hello i would like to know if any one would want to buy 2 ibanez cabs which are 400watts or you can click them onto setreo £650 i live in newcastle enalgand so i would have 2 find out how much it will cost 4 delivery but we ccan work something out, well get bk 2 me this will b a hot deal

Jass Bazz Earthing Problem

I have a Jazz Bass everytime I take my hands off it I get an earthing buzz, (Have tried different amps etc)Does anyone have a cure for this.
Cheers Chas

Re: Jass Bazz Earthing Problem

: I have a Jazz Bass everytime I take my hands off it I get an earthing buzz, (Have tried different amps etc)Does anyone have a cure for this.
: Cheers Chas

Check the ground routing on the bass. You should find a wire running from the ground (-) side of the jack to the bottom of the bridge plate/tailpiece. It really helps to scrape the chrome plating or paint from the bottom of the bridge and solder the wire to it. This improves the conection of the ground signifficantly. Also there should be one soldered to the "can" or metal case on the back of each volume and tone pot to the ground of the jack. One wire can be ran from pot to pot then to the jack in a loop. Shielding the cavities of the body with copper foil will give an exeptionaly quiet performance to any instrument, as well as prevent interfearance from electro-static noise and florecent lights. Be sure to solder a ground wire to the foil connecting each cavity together. You'll be amazed at the improvement to the sound.

AUXILARY question

[The body of this post has been reconstituted from replies so it may differ from what was originally written.]

my 200 watt all tube crate stealth head has an AUX. IN input, wtf is that for, thanks, Trevor

Re: AUXILARY question

: my 200 watt all tube crate stealth head has an AUX. IN input, wtf is that for, thanks, Trevor

It can be used for a variety of things. Like a power amp for non-powered heads, such as the Gainiac/Gainiac2, Carvin Quad 4, etc. A rack or pedal multi effects unit may be input there, if it is post EQ, with no added couloring from the Crate amp. Or as a extra amp for a lesser wattage amp with a line or direct out. You could even run a CD or Cassette player through it to jam along with.

ok so what your saying is i can hook up another amp to it and all that good stuff?thanks Trevor

: : my 200 watt all tube crate stealth head has an AUX. IN input, wtf is that for, thanks, Trevor

: It can be used for a variety of things. Like a power amp for non-powered heads, such as the Gainiac/Gainiac2, Carvin Quad 4, etc. A rack or pedal multi effects unit may be input there, if it is post EQ, with no added couloring from the Crate amp. Or as a extra amp for a lesser wattage amp with a line or direct out. You could even run a CD or Cassette player through it to jam along with.

Yes you can hook up another amp to it if the other one has a LINE/DIRECT OUT. Run the line out of "the other" to the AUX of your Crate. The Aux on the Crate acts like a LINE IN. It can be used to amplify "LINE SIGNALS" only. You would not want to hook it up to a "speaker out" or "EXTernal" speaker jack of another amp as these put out a powered signals to run a speaker. This would damage your crate amps input section tubes.

: ok so what your saying is i can hook up another amp to it and all that good stuff?thanks Trevor

: : : my 200 watt all tube crate stealth head has an AUX. IN input, wtf is that for, thanks, Trevor

: : It can be used for a variety of things. Like a power amp for non-powered heads, such as the Gainiac/Gainiac2, Carvin Quad 4, etc. A rack or pedal multi effects unit may be input there, if it is post EQ, with no added couloring from the Crate amp. Or as a extra amp for a lesser wattage amp with a line or direct out. You could even run a CD or Cassette player through it to jam along with.

ok tyhanks

: Yes you can hook up another amp to it if the other one has a LINE/DIRECT OUT. Run the line out of "the other" to the AUX of your Crate. The Aux on the Crate acts like a LINE IN. It can be used to amplify "LINE SIGNALS" only. You would not want to hook it up to a "speaker out" or "EXTernal" speaker jack of another amp as these put out a powered signals to run a speaker. This would damage your crate amps input section tubes.

: : ok so what your saying is i can hook up another amp to it and all that good stuff?thanks Trevor

: : : : my 200 watt all tube crate stealth head has an AUX. IN input, wtf is that for, thanks, Trevor

: : : It can be used for a variety of things. Like a power amp for non-powered heads, such as the Gainiac/Gainiac2, Carvin Quad 4, etc. A rack or pedal multi effects unit may be input there, if it is post EQ, with no added couloring from the Crate amp. Or as a extra amp for a lesser wattage amp with a line or direct out. You could even run a CD or Cassette player through it to jam along with.

ibanez

wahooo! what sweet guitars. i got one of the rg series 370 dx. ya it rox! iteven has the sharktooth inlays! and did iever get one hell of a deal! 300$ not including strap and stand.i really suggest getting one of these bad boys.^-^

Re: ibanez

Ill stick to the ESPs, and LTDs, and Gibsons, n Schecters, and the explorer, flying v looks thanks.

: wahooo! what sweet guitars. i got one of the rg series 370 dx. ya it rox! iteven has the sharktooth inlays! and did iever get one hell of a deal! 300$ not including strap and stand.i really suggest getting one of these bad boys.^-^

starforce 8002

I JUST INHERETED A STARFORCE 8002 BUT I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT GUITARS....
READ SOME OF COMENTS ON THIS SITE AND IT WAS A GREAT HELP...
I WOULD LIKE TO SELL IT AND IF ANYONE THERE HAS STRONG DESIRE TO BUY IT, SEND ME A NOTE.....

Re: starforce 8002

Id like to see some pictures of it, i usually buy em for my sisters n stuff, i dont buy lil guitars, only ESPs and such.

:
: I JUST INHERETED A STARFORCE 8002 BUT I DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT GUITARS....
: READ SOME OF COMENTS ON THIS SITE AND IT WAS A GREAT HELP...
: I WOULD LIKE TO SELL IT AND IF ANYONE THERE HAS STRONG DESIRE TO BUY IT, SEND ME A NOTE.....

If you send me your emain address I'll

korvetluvr@yahoo.com

: If you send me your emain address I'll

:will send you some picks 2night....

i want sale musicman sabre 2

i want sale guitar musicman sabre 2 nick mahogany body mahogany sound jass i live in thailand i want sale 5000 $

eddie van halen d-tuna

well im thinking about buying an eddie van halen d- tuna but the problem is i have a low profile locking tremolo.... it says i can do mods to my guitar but i need to know what it is i have to do to get it on there... can anyone help me on this? thanks

ibeanez cabs

if u want 2 c them i have pics of them on my bands site www.4hourshutup.tk

HELP! Need info on Mosrite 9 String Melobar

Anyone with any information..I so appreciate. $Value, etc.

Thanks!

Re: HELP! Need info on Mosrite 9 String Melobar

: Anyone with any information..I so appreciate. $Value, etc.

: Thanks!

got a picture

we are here to help sound advice no balls..t

Important notice to all bands and solo’s

From sound_houseuk@yahoo.co.uk

Song writer Uno Annalon has given permission for sound_house to put up for sale the copy right of 20 songs to include the songs….Torr stories. One more for the heart. Amberly. Worlds apart This love. No man. Out of the woods.. Fade away. All the kings men. Over the moon to the sea. Tearing down the walls. Lovers regret. Butterflies hide from the wind. I love you. Give me a reason. How should I feel. Gods not on your side. Lady dance. These songs have been given radio play all over the EU and UK/USA but have never been released and so they can be yours to record and perform. All the songs here are at this time copy right to uno but you can own any or all of them as the songs and its music copy right are now for sale. Each song is priced at £700 pounds.(a cheep price to pay for a song from one of the UKs best song writers. If you are interested and would like to here any of the above songs then don’t delay email us today at above address. About Uno……..his band Higher Ground were one of the best bands of the 90s
Playing to packed gigs and open air concerts the I O W. 1998 saw them headline as the fans pored in to see Uno live! His solo folk concerts are talked of long after they happen he is at the moment living and playing in Hungary (Budapest) if you think you have never hued of him think again! He has played concerts with ..Richie Hariss. Hurbie Armstrong (van Morrison) stage. Colin j. Steve lane. Just a few of the names who will say how much they love his work. For more info email now!! Please give your full name and address so the song/songs can be sent to you to hear. Please note all songs and music are copy right in the name of Uno and may not be reproduced in any way in part or full

Best regards

Phil Lang
Sound_house music

sound_house records also gives advice to bands and solo artists. the music game is not easy and you can and will get ripped off. so why talk to us?? because we were like you we needed help but all they wanted was our money. yes you have to pay there are no free dinners but what you need to here is the truth about how good you are and what you can do to get better. you can send your cds to us and we will play all of it not 5 secons and we will tell the truth. and more for you £20 pounds you will get a write up of what you need to do to get better But if we think you are good and have some thing we will get you air play in europe NO WE ARE NOT JOKEING i know what its like to here the lies of the so called 'we will help' well we will all the help and advice you want is here from the best way to record. to help you decide what song to use and studio and introments to use.you may not like what we say but it will be the truth from prof with 30 yrs in this game.for more email or call.....
0036705431929 <<< sound_houseuk@yahoo.co.uk its best to call after 7 as we are in Budapest (its cheeper here)

Re:the UKs bob dylon Uno Aannalon new cd

Its here the new cd from Uno one of the UKs best folk singer/song writers get it now!! the new cd is called ONE MORE FOR THE HEART. and it will break your heart its full of songs we all want to hear about how we feel when we miss or breakup from love. also now the other cds from this guy are on the web albums like the amazeing TORR STORIES if you love the storie of King athur then this cd is a must played as a folk rock album (moody blues) and also the cd THERE WAS A TIME. To get the cds just go to morei music new relieas and the cds can be yours.

Its here the new cd from Uno one of the UKs best folk singer/song writers get it now!! the new cd is called ONE MORE FOR THE HEART. and it will break your heart its full of songs we all want to hear about how we feel when we miss or breakup from love. also now the other cds from this guy are on the web albums like the amazeing TORR STORIES if you love the storie of King athur then this cd is a must played as a folk rock album (moody blues) and also the cd THERE WAS A TIME. To get the cds just go to morei music new relieas and the cds can be yours. www.confidentialrecords.fsnet.co.uk

Its here the new cd from Uno one of the UKs best folk singer/song writers get it now!! the new cd is called ONE MORE FOR THE HEART. and it will break your heart its full of songs we all want to hear about how we feel when we miss or breakup from love. also now the other cds from this guy are on the web albums like the amazeing TORR STORIES if you love the storie of King athur then this cd is a must played as a folk rock album (moody blues) and also the cd THERE WAS A TIME. To get the cds just go to morei music new relieas and the cds can be yours. www.confidentialrecords.fsnet.co.uk or email:sound_houseuk@yahoo.co.uk

Amp to computer

I have a behringer ultracoustic ACX1000. I'm using Adobe Audition 1.5. How do I run my amp to my sound card which is a soundblaster live.

Re: Amp to computer

shit in one hand, wish in the other

: I have a behringer ultracoustic ACX1000. I'm using Adobe Audition 1.5. How do I run my amp to my sound card which is a soundblaster live.

Re: Amp to computer

: shit in one hand, wish in the other

: : I have a behringer ultracoustic ACX1000. I'm using Adobe Audition 1.5. How do I run my amp to my sound card which is a soundblaster live.

The sound card should have a LINE IN on it. If the amp has a LINE OUT, run it to the LINE IN of the card. If your card doesn't have a LINE IN, you can use the MIC IN like a LINE IN. Just be sure to turn off any "gain boost" that the MIC IN may have. Or you could use a good mic conected to the MIC IN and place it in front of the amp. You may need to make a cable for this to work. It should have a 1/4" male jack or XLR for the amp end, depending on the LINE OUT of the amp, and a 1/8" (3.5mm) male jack for the card. If you need help making the cable feel free to contact me.

Later,
Pookster

your friend in music

sound house records was setup because when i was starting out with my band (tricker)there was no one to help us get better or advice on publishing and record deals. we needed help with eq,sound.gigs,recording ext and no matter where we went they all said the same and it all came down to how much they could make out of us. So soundhouse came about and has been around for 6 yrs we at SH are all prof musicians and we know what we are talking about so how can we help you? we can get your songs puplished world wide for only £6 a song for life.so you dont lose. we can here your music and tell you what you need to do to sound better (you may not like it but you want the trut)and what changes you need to make. every thing from the right band name to whats best for you. and we can get you air play in europe if we think you are good. this is not sales talk we were like you once and know how hard it is. yes you have to pay there are know free dinners but you only pay £20 (not even a night is it?)and for that you get all the above. keep music live

Music Man Sabre I guitar

Hello, I´m Ricardo from Argentina and I take one guitar Music Man Sabre I , someone else know something for this guitar? thanks for your request

Re: Music Man Sabre I guitar

Hi, I'm Eric form Paris, I dont know the Sabre I but I have a Sabre II since 1979 - Great guitars, with active pick-ups (need à battery). Sounds like a Strat, but you have a booster on, to get very powerfull sound. As good for funky that for metal. You made a good choice. Have fun.

Night Ranger

I know this sounds silly, but I'm in a cover band in the Midwest that wants to do "Rock In America" by Night Ranger, and 'm having a hell of a time figuring out the tapping part at the end of the 2nd guitar solo. Anybody got the transcription or tab for this??

Thanks in advance if you do.....

Epiphone Amp SC210

Looking for Epiphone SC210 amplifier wiring diagram and schematics. Thanks for your help.

F345 Takamine Acoustic

hi, i have an F345 Takamine Acoustic guitar in very good condition. it has been in its original case for many years. the case is worn, but still in good working condition. the guitar has been rarely played. it is a very nice guitar and i would like to see how much it is worth.. if you know that would help me out!

1975 Takamine & Co. 12 String Guitar

1975 Takamine & Co. 12 String Guitar

This popular thread has been given its own page : 1975 Takamine & Co. 12 String Guitar

Finding a general estimated value or a buyer.

To whom it may concern,
I have one of the older type six string Ensenadas.It has a very ornate design.On either side of the center hole it has the plastic plate.The plate on the right it has a double golden rose design.This particular guitar appears very old and in very nice condition.If anyone can provide any info or even an estimated value it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris Masters

Re: Finding a general estimated value or a buyer.

: To whom it may concern,
: I have one of the older type six string Ensenadas.It has a very ornate design.On either side of the center hole it has the plastic plate.The plate on the right it has a double golden rose design.This particular guitar appears very old and in very nice condition.If anyone can provide any info or even an estimated value it would be greatly appreciated.

: Thanks
: Chris Masters

I have a second edition Blue Book of Guitar Values. Unfortunatly, this guitar is not listed in it. I e-mailed the company a copy of your request and will post the result if and when I get a reply.

Pookster

****STARFORCE 8002****

HELP!!!!!Any idea how much I can get for my Starforce 8002...It is in good condition

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.