Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - August, 2004

Archive for posts from August, 2004

ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ] [ ArchiveApril 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: capos

: Your welcome

Re: capos: a trick

A cool trick with clamp-type capos is to put the capo on the second fret but with the bass E string left out of the jaws of the capo. Only some capos will let you do this. Then play chord shapes in the key of D or Dm. I think it's self explanatory when you try it.

Re: capos: a trick

Or just tune to Drop-D. It's a really haunting sound though, I played around with it when I first learned.

blues

does anyone know a good site where i can learn how to play the blues?

Re: blues

Best thing you can do (assuming you already know how to play guitar) is listen (A LOT) to the blues artists you like, learn the songs and the licks. You have to develop a feel for the blues; I do not believe you can learn to play it from books (or websites). Good Luck!

Re: blues

tabledit.com has links to all kinds of sites, including blues. You need to download a small ( excellent) program, and the free version is fine for
your purpose. Black Mac's site is one worthwhile link from the tabledit site, and has heaps of tabs in all categories. Good luck.

Bigsby installation

Has anyone put a Bigsby Tremelo on an epiphone emperor regent or similar guitar? I was thinking of putting one on mine.

Re: Bigsby installation

I'm in a wroting mood today.
The short answer in my acase is no. THere may be some bracing issues with would make the Emperor less than idela choice. A guitar designed with a laminate top migh be considered. A guitar with a center block would be useful. Spruce tops with "X" or parrallel bracing will need addtional reinforment. The economy of the task may be more expensive than purchasing a guitar with the trem already installed. This is only my opinon. I encourage you to do what is best for your circumstances. _DF

: Has anyone put a Bigsby Tremelo on an epiphone emperor regent or similar guitar? I was thinking of putting one on mine.

Scanned GUITAR TAB trade: LATEST BOOKS

http://members.lycos.co.uk/lsstab/

Re: Scanned GUITAR TAB trade: LATEST BOOKS

tabledit.com and links from there.

Re: Scanned GUITAR TAB trade: LATEST BOOKS

hi
here is my tab list
http://www.gtx.biz.ly/
http://gx.no-ip.info

my e-mail
fireofguitar@hotmail.com
thank you

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2020 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.