Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2004

Advertisement

Archive for posts from September, 2004

ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

guitar brand name........................CMT

guitar brand name........................CMT

This popular thread has been given its own page : guitar brand name........................CMT

slides

do you know any songs that use slides?

Re: slides

:Bad To The Bone and FreeBird, check out Stevie Ray Vauhn, he had a couple I think.

: do you know any songs that use slides?
Do you mean slide guitar style or slurs? There is a heap of stuff out there for slide guitar. Just do a google search for slide guitar book

Older classics: Little Red Rooster, Crazy Momma

boss gt-3 patches

I NEED SOME SETTINGS FOR MY PEDAL BOSS GT-3.I WANNA SETTINGS LIKE SATRIANI ......STEVE VAI.......PETRUCCI...MALMSTEEN....JASON BECKER....PLSS EMAILL IF U KNOW WHERE I DOWNLOAD THIS PATCHES,,,OR IF U HAVE......THANKSSSSS

DIASTONE-UNHEARD OF BEAUTY

Heard of diastone?
diddnt think so, if you can ly your hands on one then go for it! Personally i think that you can beat their sound. The Diastone company went silverside up in the early 80's so the guitars are becoming more sought after, i have a Diastone acoustic 12-string and its parralell to any more known names, if you own a Diastone and are selling i advise you not to sell for less than 200 squid as they will became very collectable very quickly as the company was (apparently) only in buisness for 3 years.
Cheers, Ricky

Re: DIASTONE-UNHEARD OF BEAUTY

:I picked one up at a garage sale. $50.00 Canadian. It's mint, plays real good.
Heard of diastone?
: diddnt think so, if you can ly your hands on one then go for it! Personally i think that you can beat their sound. The Diastone company went silverside up in the early 80's so the guitars are becoming more sought after, i have a Diastone acoustic 12-string and its parralell to any more known names, if you own a Diastone and are selling i advise you not to sell for less than 200 squid as they will became very collectable very quickly as the company was (apparently) only in buisness for 3 years.
: Cheers, Ricky

Re: DIASTONE-UNHEARD OF BEAUTY

: Heard of diastone?
: diddnt think so, if you can ly your hands on one then go for it! Personally i think that you can beat their sound. The Diastone company went silverside up in the early 80's so the guitars are becoming more sought after, i have a Diastone acoustic 12-string and its parralell to any more known names, if you own a Diastone and are selling i advise you not to sell for less than 200 squid as they will became very collectable very quickly as the company was (apparently) only in buisness for 3 years.
: Cheers, Ricky

I bought a WGT-65 at an Auction recently for £10, in fair condition and even only 3 strings sounded good. Took it home, restored it and the sound is excellent. I'm interested in finding out more. If I get anywhere I'll let you know. cheers likewise, pls e mail colinrcourtney@hotmail.com

$$?? on Yamaki Delux Flok 1972 74034 No.W251

Does anyone know the value of a Yamaki Delux 12 string Flok guitar - 1972 #74034 No.W251 @ case like new

Beginners Guitars

Hi, I am looking for a beginners acoustic guitar, I want to know if the Magnum, Skylark & Martinez are any good??

Re: Beginners Guitars

Wow - I'm not fam,ilar with these brands. What kin of gutiars are these? Falt top , archtop, electric?
Dave Falk

: Hi, I am looking for a beginners acoustic guitar, I want to know if the Magnum, Skylark & Martinez are any good??

Re: Beginners Guitars

I think Yamaha make the best beginners instruments. I really don't think much of the brands you mentioned, and they are harder to resell when the time comes. Get a second hand guitar that you can later resell for about the same price when you are ready to upgrade. Are you talking acoustic?

Best guitar discussion forums

I am making a collection of the best discussion forums on the net. Please send me your suggestions. Thank you.

Disclaimer: I administer one of the best acoustic ones<a href=http://www.guitarseminars.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=The+Guitar+Forum&number=1>IGS Guitar Forum</a>

Best guitar discussion forums

We just added free shipping to our store of guitar tab books, DVD's and other instructional products.
<a href="http://www.avalonguitar.com">Avalon Guitar</a>.

2004 bollywood songs

i want new bollywood songs freeof cost and downloadable

Re: 2004 bollywood songs

: i want new bollywood songs freeof cost and downloadable

Re: 2004 bollywood songs

o wad jaa khachar

Looking to buy a Westone Thunder 1A fretless

Does anyone have a Westone Thunder 1A fretless for sale, or know of where one can be obtained (ideally in the UK)

Thanks very much.

Charvel/Jackson 5 way switch

hello everyone,
I am a guitarist from norway checking in. I have an old Jackson body with the 5-way switch they made for two humbuckers, does anyone have the schematics for this switch? I know it came with the switch back when they sold it as a separate item in the 90's.

regards, Thomas.

headphone amp with passthru??

I can't allways hear my bass at open mics. I would like to find a headphone amp with a passthru for the pa. Belt mounted would be good. Any suggestions?
thanks Steve

Charvel guitars

How do I identify the year and model of a charvel? Appears to be late 80s, import. Has the reverse headstock. Thanks!

Fender Jaguar Parts

Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase parts for a 1962 Fender Jaguar? I am looking for the cover plate for the three slide switches. I also would love to replace the chrome parts with gold-plated parts. I appreciate any help, thanks.
J.G.Violante

Re: Fender Jaguar Parts

Same here and Jazzmaster. Let me know if you get a lead on a supplier

Gibson Melody Maker

I have Gibson Melody Maker,not sure of year model,
S-# is 01G581..owned since 1960..single pickup, single
cutaway, with case. fair to good condition. Can anyone
give est. value or make offer. thanks, wayne

Re: Gibson Melody Maker

I have one similar, a 64 model with some modifications. I bought it for $350 including a case back in 1992. I still see them for prices ranging from 300 - $750 depending upon condition, etc. The more original, the higher the price. Check Ebay for a good idea.

Ebay will give you an idea of what you can sell it there but they do not represent the value of anything. Alot of price fixing and rip-off artists. Take it to a guitar show, antique guitar dealer, etc. Sure you can go to Ebay but Ebay doesn't represent the collector community nor will it ever set the value of anything since most buyers do not really know what they are buying unless they are experts themselves. Alot of scams and made up stories so they are not a reliable place to value anything. They set up false buyers, feedback, etc. to create a false market at times. Some rip offs even conspire together to manipulate ebay market values in order to inflate the values of items. Ebay is not a reliable place to sell or buy unless it isn't a true collector piece. A very few sell top notch collector's items there. There may be a few but if you buy or sell in person you will always know what's up if you do your homework.

: I have one similar, a 64 model with some modifications. I bought it for $350 including a case back in 1992. I still see them for prices ranging from

300 - $750 depending upon condition, etc. The more original, the higher the price. Check Ebay for a good idea.

: Ebay will give you an idea of what you can sell it there but they do not represent the value of anything. Alot of price fixing and rip-off artists. Take it to a guitar show, antique guitar dealer, etc. Sure you can go to Ebay but Ebay doesn't represent the collector community nor will it ever set the value of anything since most buyers do not really know what they are buying unless they are experts themselves. Alot of scams and made up stories so they are not a reliable place to value anything. They set up false buyers, feedback, etc. to create a false market at times. Some rip offs even conspire together to manipulate ebay market values in order to inflate the values of items. Ebay is not a reliable place to sell or buy unless it isn't a true collector piece. A very few sell top notch collector's items there. There may be a few but if you buy or sell in person you will always know what's up if you do your homework.

: : I have one similar, a 64 model with some modifications. I bought it for $350 including a case back in 1992. I still see them for prices ranging from

: 300 - $750 depending upon condition, etc. The more original, the higher the price. Check Ebay for a good idea.

wow, sounds like someone had a bad experience on Ebay! as stated previously, Ebay will give you an idea what people are PAYING for them...if you want a collector VALUE, then yes, get an appraisal - then, good luck finding someone that will actually buy it for that price...

Good luck!

commander guitar

i have a Commander 6 string guitar built in U.S.A.in 1957.arch top and back, "S" style sound holes adjustable bridge,tail piece.
unable to find out anything about it , like who made them and the value of them, any info would be much appreciated

Re: commander guitar

: i have a Commander 6 string guitar built in U.S.A.in 1957.arch top and back, "S" style sound holes adjustable bridge,tail piece.
: unable to find out anything about it , like who made them and the value of them, any info would be much appreciated

Re: commander guitar

guitar sold for $250.00

Info on Marshall V65

Info on Marshall V65

This popular thread has been given its own page : Info on Marshall V65

drum loops and guitar rhyrhm

I got this MIDI Godin guitar,powered speakers-guitar amplifier and Roland guitar synthesier GR-33; What would be best to add rhythm loops,chord progressions and drum loops? You can see I'm new to this but I sing and am not keeping time;Karaoke helps but feel there are better ways to get carried by music with my own improvising on the guitar and rhythm accompaniment!

Re: drum loops and guitar rhyrhm

If you could get hold of something like a Yamaha QY10 ( which is an old model, therefore not too expensive on ebay ) I think it would be excellent for you. You could quickly set up chord progressions and just play over drum and bass. Even a cheap old drum machine would be very helpful. There are also lots of virtual drum machines etc. for computer.

Gibson Electraharp

Just got an 8 string 6 pedal Gibson Electraharp ... Any info regarding best strings to get,tunings and setting up pedals etc. would be very much appreciated ... Thanks ... Warwick

Gremlin Guitar

Hey, I'm just learning how to play and my step dad had an acoustic guitar, its a gremlin and I just wanted to know what the reputation of these guitars are. Like I know that fender is a big brand, but what about Gremlin? Thanks

CRY BABY

whats the difference between the original cry baby wah and the hendrix one?

Re: CRY BABY

about £30

haha ok

One chokes on baby food and the other chokes on it's vomit.

: whats the difference between the original cry baby wah and the hendrix one?

American Guitar Works

Just wanted to drop by to let you heavy guitar players know of a hot new guitar company called American Guitar Works. These are premium hand built units like nothing you ever played or seen. We are also building the Bladerunner again. Please let us know what you think!

www.americanguitarworks.com
www.hyperspec.com
www.dervaj.com (samples)

what are licks scales and so on

i've been playing the guitar for about 2 years now. But i've been doing it the easy way with tabs so i dont know what licks and scales are and i wanted to know. i'm im trying to play my own stuff i wanted to know how do you match songs so it sounds good do you have any tips or anything i can use. thank you

Re: what are licks scales and so on

You need to learn basic theory and apply it to the neck. It really isn't too scary. The best place to start is to draw up a neck diagram ( like a long chord diagram ) showing all the notes in C, that is leaving out all sharps and flats. With this diagram in front of you, you can explore the neck and find bits you like to play. Any shapes you find in C will be useable in other keys by just playing them further up or down the neck. This is just a starting point for you. To draw up this diagram string by string, just remember that it is 2 frets from note to note except in the case of E to F and B to C where there is only a 1 fret difference. Along the E string for example, you will put a dot on the following frets;
0 1 3 5 7 8 10 12 13 15

0 1 is the E F semitone
7 8 is the B C semitone.
all the other jumps are full tones.
I hope this helps. Also there are books of scales and licks written in tab.

How to build an ebow?

Does anyone know how to build an ebow.How does it work?

Re: How to build an ebow?

: Does anyone know how to build an ebow.How does it work?
I can't say how to buid one, but it is basically a fluctuating electro magnet. It involves a coil through which "noise" is being "played" at a high enough level to get the guitar strings moving. The signal in the coil can't be just a note, or other notes wouldn't get excited.

epiphone pr795

looking for a pic and price

Re: epiphone pr795

Hello Dale, did you ever find any info on this guitar? I have an Epiphone PR795AE sunburst that I bought new in 1984. I have some pics if you still need them. Email me at utilityman2000@yahoo.com and I will send them. I have only seen two of these my whole life. It would be interesting to find more.

memphis

i found this nice looking guitar that looks like a les paul and is called memphis and they have it at about $150 should i get it

memphis

i found this nice looking guitar that looks like a les paul and is called memphis and they have it at about $150 should i get it

Need help with Framus Guitar

Hello, I just purchased a Framus and need any and all info you can give me. Please help! The model # is handwritten and hard to read but I thinks it is: (model #) 5/113-52T. The serial # is: 26819. Thanks!

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Advertise | Contents | Privacy Policy

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2014 , All Rights Reserved.