Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2004

Archive for posts from September, 2004

ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/category/wiringresources/

: The link below will take you to a site I used to use to find diagrams when doing repairs for the music store. There is other diagrams available also.

: http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/category/wiringresources/

In Regards to Suzuki...

I recently purchased an acoustic guitar: Suzuki to be exact. The price was reasonable, and I have been told the retail value is rather nice. All answers I've gotten have been a large amount of bureaucratic, well, you know. If anyone has any information on Suzuki acoustics that I can use, please e-mail me. I am fairly ignorant in the field of guitars.

Speaker wiring and other good info to know.

Just thought I'd post a site that has a lot of good info on speaker construction and wiring, how to figure ohms and build lighting systems are here too.

http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/construction.html

Re: Speaker wiring and other good info to know.

one of the best sites ive seen, well worth a look.
well done mate.

Re: Speaker wiring and other good info to know.

: Thank you.

Nine string guitar

Dear GuitarMaster,
Thought this might interest your newsletter readers:

Whilst 12 string guitars have a beautiful sound thay may be difficult to play on some models compared to a standard guitar due to the extra six strings. A compromise is to remove the bottom three octave strings: E A D, to leave nine strings on the guitar. This facilitates easier playing whilst still maintaining a "chiming" sound and a full bass register. Do try it, you might like it.

You can read more tips like this at:
<a href="http://www.houlston.freeserve.co.uk">www.houlston.freeserve.co.uk</a>

Best wishes,
Bob

Re: Nine string guitar

With all respect to Bob, I have to say that the whole thing about the 12 string sound is in the octave pairs. Strung as Bob suggests, you only end up with one octave pair (G). Another common variation is to take off the TOP 3 secondary strings.

I like trying all kinds of configurations. Tuning a full tone low ( D G C F A D) is quite common and you can even get an octave on the second course (A) this way.
With good picking technique you can hit just the string you want without its pair, and having the lower of each pair on the opposite side to standard gives the bass to the (downstroking) thumb and the treble to the (upstroking) fingers. You need the nut and bridge remodelled of course.
Open tunings really rock on 12 strings. Slide on a specially set up 12 is also very cool for pickers.
Some have tuned the pairs in fifths and other harmonies, but it's pretty weird and limiting.

Re: Nine string guitar

Thank you dGaryFan,
I appreciate your comments and will try them out.
Best wishes,
Bob.
p.s. you might like to try my free transposer template:
<a href="http://www.houlston.freeserve.co.uk/transposer.htm">www.houlston.freeserve.co.uk/transposer.htm</a>

Need advice on pick-up and preamp for 12 string.

I just recently bought a Takamine F400S 12 string guitar and I would like to put a pick-up and preamp in it. Does anyone have and suggestions or recommendations about what brand or model pick-up I should get? I would like it to be a good price, as well as good quality. Thanks for any help you could offer!

Re: Need advice on pick-up and preamp for 12 string.

:
Marcus Berry makes an under bridge pickup that does a good job of reproducing the sound. I would get an "end pin jack" that replaces the strap button at the lower (south) bout of the guitar. There are several pre-amp units that plug into the jack and the cord plugs into the pre-amp. This would keep the guitar looking original and if you ever wanted to swap it in on another, you could remove the pickup, pre-amp, jack and leave no evidence of alterations to the eye. Then you could use them on the new one. The bridge will need to be cut down on the bottom to make room for the pickup, approx. 1/8th of an inch. If you swap it in later it will need to be replaced, but that is no big job to do.

Guitar or Cello?

I dont know which instrument to take up. ive posted a message on a cello discussion site. feedback on why guitar is the instrument 2 learn will be appreciated

Re: Guitar or Cello?

Go for the Cello, nothing looks cooler than one of those mothers slung around your neck, just a bigger version of the paul macartney bass, I know i shouldnt fall for this, but what did the Cello group advise?
(this has to be the best wind up yet)

Re: Guitar or Cello?

Well man, I love the guitar, and there is no doubting its diversity. But the fact that you are considering the cello must mean something. You do not say what kind of music you are into. Close your eyes and invent a tune in your head; does it suit bowing or plucking? There are squillions of guitar players out there. If you want to stand out, go the cello. Remember you can still use all kinds of effects and techniques. A cello/guitar duo works really well, as the cello can go as low as a bass guitar, but a lot higher, being tuned in fifths. You can pluck bass lines and still take moaning solos.
You can also tune a bass guitar like a cello if you choose the right guages, and this is a great second instrument for a cellist.
Whichever you choose, make the effort to get really great and you won't regret it.

Re: Guitar or Cello? CELLO ????? WHY ? ! ?

Are you influenced by Mozart or Led Zepplin ?? Do you wanna play classical??
I played Cello and Upright bass and found them to be difficult.So I switched to Tenor and Bass Trombone.I was very good !
But I grew up with Rock/Funk and Fusion.Guitar is more fun to me.

yeah but a Cello is soooo cool, nothing impresses the chicks more than when you pull your big old boy out of the wardrobe, trombone sounds like a very loud fart on steroids, you cant woo her with that mother! how many guitars has she seen in her time?

You can woo more chicks with a guitar! Plus,it's more portable.So,it won't matter if it's her place or mine.
Try playing chords on a cello.........

i tried and it rocks!! have you ever tried miking up a cello and plugging it into a Marshal TSL100 with a 4x12 cab fitted with celestion greenbacks?? turn the everything up to 11 and boy does that mama rock!! i was playing chords and finger picking and all that shit!! you should hear my rendition of 'communication breakdown' so put your LP custom back in its case and get a cello.

That sounds cool.But the cello is the reason why bought the LP in the first place...lol! Anyway,just cuz cello didn't work for me doesn't mean it wont work for the next guy.

some people just dont get it, do they?

Do some people get everything? Do you?

I am a big piece of shit

Hey!
I am a big piece of shit!
Yo!
Rumorz sux!

Re: I am a big piece of shit!/yes you are!

Dude, I must agree! You are most rightly a big piece of shit! Rumorz is crappier than Five Guys Named Moe!
: Hey!
: I am a big piece of shit!
: Yo!
: Rumorz sux!

Re: I am a big piece of shit!/yes you are!/me too

I also join in the fun! Karones is the biggest piece of shit I ever saw. I saw that crap-ass band play uring the summer, and I almost puked! What a disillusioned pig!
: Dude, I must agree! You are most rightly a big piece of shit! Rumorz is crappier than Five Guys Named Moe!
: : Hey!
: : I am a big piece of shit!
: : Yo!
: : Rumorz sux!

RUMORZ is a lousy band! Worse than 5 Moes!

: I also join in the fun! Karones is the biggest piece of shit I ever saw. I saw that crap-ass band play uring the summer, and I almost puked! What a disillusioned pig!
: : Dude, I must agree! You are most rightly a big piece of shit! Rumorz is crappier than Five Guys Named Moe!
: : : Hey!
: : : I am a big piece of shit!
: : : Yo!
: : : Rumorz sux!

G-Man, stop postig this stuff, I get blamed for it!

: It! Rumorz is crappier than Five Guys Named Moe!
IF this is G-Manposting this stuff, and I just bet it is, lay off becuase I get blamed for it.
Thank you,
C-Man

HELLO

I AM A JUST SIMPLE GUY WHO LIKES DINO SUKALO. BUT I AM NOT GAY!!!!!!!!!

Give me a price

My pappy and my Mammy gone and left me a geetar, i aint too darn hot on it, and i wanna sell it to git me a new front door for my trailer. its a brown gitar, and it got a hole in it, anyone wann it?
give me a price real soon,
yeehaw.

old vintage sears roebuck, need value

old vintage sears roebuck, need value

This popular thread has been given its own page : old vintage sears roebuck, need value

Goya G-30

Looking to buy a Goya G-30 Classical Guitar in good condition.

i need help

i need help

This popular thread has been given its own page : i need help

looking for tabs to "once upon a time in mexico"by Los Lobos

I haved looked for those guitar tabs for weeks day and
night its going to be my sons birthday on 12/13/04 and
I want to play it for him he turns 4.if someone has the tabs I would be really cool if you can send it to me please thank you

Re: looking for tabs to "once upon a time in mexico"by Los Lobos

i need tabs im doin a musical...could some plz be kind and send the,

looking for tabs to "once upon a time in mexico"by Los Lobos

I haved looked for those guitar tabs for weeks ,day and
night its going to be my sons birthday on 12/13/04 and
I want to play it for him he turns 4.if someone has the tabs, It would be really cool if you can send it to me please thank you

Re: looking for tabs to

Once Upon a Time in Mexico Theme

This is the main theme from O'nce upon a time in Mexico'. It is taken from the title sequence as El Mariachi walks around dramatically playing his guitar... you know the one! Two guitars, although the second guitar doesnt come in until the middle section. The ending was made up to replace the horn section in the song. Have a go and tell me what you think: mr_claire@hotmail.com

Key =

Guitar 1:

^ ^ ^
E |------------------------------------------------|
B |-----------5-----------5-----------5------------|
G |----6---6--6----6---6--6----6---6--6--7-6-7-----|
D |--7---7----7--7---7----7--7---7----7------------|
A |------------------------------------------------|
E |------------------------------------------------|
^
E |-------------------------------------------------------|
B |-----------6-----------6-----------6/8-8/6-6/5-5/3-5---|
G |----7---7--7----7---7--7----7---7--7-------------------|
D |--7---7----7--7---7----7--7---7----7-------------------|
A |-------------------------------------------------------|
E |-------------------------------------------------------|
^ ^
E |----------------------------------------------------|
B |-----------8--------------8/10-10/8-8/6-6/5-6---8---|
G |----9---9--9------9----9--9-------------------------|
D |-10--10----10--10---10----10------------------------|
A |----------------------------------------------------|
E |----------------------------------------------------|

E |------------------------------------------------------------------|
B |-6-8--10p8------8-----------------5-------------------------------|
G |-----------10p9---10-9/7-10p9p7-5---7p5-4-2-0---------------------|
D |----------------------------------------------3-2--2-3-5-3h5p3-2--|
A |------------------------------------------------------------------|
E |------------------------------------------------------------------|

E |-0h1p0---------|
B |-------3-1-0---|
G |---------------|
D |---------------|
A |---------------|
E |---------------|

Guitar 1: Am / Dm / Am / Dm / Am / E /

Guitar 2:

(Am) (Dm) (Am) (Dm)
E |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
B |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
G |--9/14-(14)--14-14-12-10-9-9h10--10/12/10-9--14-14-12-10-9-9/10--|
D |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
A |-----------------------------------------------------------------|
E |-----------------------------------------------------------------|

E |-----------------------------------------------|
B |-----------------------------------------------|
G |-10/12/10-9--7/5-7-4-2-2/4/2-1-----------------|
D |--------------------------------2h3-2-0--------|
A |----------------------------------------3-2----|
E |-----------------------------------------------|

Guitar 1: Am / Dm / G / E

Guitar 2:

(Am) (Dm) (G) (E)
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
E |--0-0-0---0-----0-0---0--1----1-1-0-1--5-3--5-3-1-0--1-0---0----|
B |--1-----3-------1---3----3-3--3--------0----0--------0---3------|
G |--2---------2---2--------2----2--------0----0--------1----------|
D |--2-------------2--------0----0--------0----0--------2----------|
A |--0-------------0--------0----0----------------------2----------|
E |----------------------------------------------------------------|

2 blueridge guitars for sale

I have two blueridge acoustics for sale, a BR160 and a BR343
e mail for more info/pics

Re: 2 blueridge guitars for sale

:
: I have two blueridge acoustics for sale, a BR160 and a BR343
: e mail for more info/pics

I am interested in the BR343. It must be in mint with a case. let me know how much to ship to 31302 in USA? Thanks, : :

: : I have two blueridge acoustics for sale, a BR160 and a BR343
: : e mail for more info/pics

: I am interested in the BR343. It must be in mint with a case. let me know how much to ship to 31302 in USA? Thanks, : :

It is brand new, ups would cost $30
e mail me to order it
gutrplyr9 (at) hotmail.com

: : : I have two blueridge acoustics for sale, a BR160 and a BR343
: : : e mail for more info/pics

: I am interested in the br160. with a case. let me know how much to ship to 32134 in USA? Thanks, : :

: I am interested in the br160. with a case. let me know how much to ship to 32134 in USA? Thanks, : :

: I am interested in the br160 Thanks, : :
please post price

: :
: : I have two blueridge acoustics for sale, a BR160 and a BR343
: : e mail for more info/pics

I would like to know more about the Blueridge guitars you have.

ths,

McRoy

Lyle Guitar

I had a Lyle guitar model 1100-L given to me. It's in mint condition and has the little emblem on the head that Gibsons have. Any idea on the value, it's from the 70's

Thank you!

Smokin Leads

What is the best way to learn how to play hot lead guitar. I know about scales but I dont really understand how they fit together, overlap and relate to different chords. I.E. what scales to play with which chords, Can anyone make this simple or clear?

clapton lyrics

AFTER READING ABOUT CLAPTON'S "SICK AND TIRED" TRACK AND HOW IT UPSETTING CERTAIN PEOPLE, I HAVE TO WONDER IF THESE PEOPLE NOW WHAT THE BLUES ARE ALL ABOUT?..THE LYRICS HERE ARE NOTHING NEW!.. ON "ANOTHER TICKET" IN THE SONG "RITA MAE"..CLAPTON STATES ..IF I CATCH YOU ONE OMORE TIME GONNA BLOW YOU BOTH AWAY....YET NO ONE SAID A THING ABOUT THAT?..IT'S THE BLUES AND IT'S SUPPOSED TO SOUND THAT WAY!..NO ONE TAKES THE LYRICS SO LITERALLY AS TO GO SHOOT SOME ONE!. IN MY BOOK CLAPTON HAS EVERY RIGHT TO WRITE SUCH LYRICS. I DON'T CONDONE THE ACT OF SHOOTING ANYONE..BUT, THESE LYRICS ARE TAME COMPARED TO MARILYN MANSON!

clapton lyrics

AFTER READING ABOUT CLAPTON'S "SICK AND TIRED" TRACK AND HOW IT'S UPSETTING CERTAIN PEOPLE, I HAVE TO WONDER IF THESE PEOPLE NOW WHAT THE BLUES ARE ALL ABOUT?..THE LYRICS HERE ARE NOTHING NEW!.. ON "ANOTHER TICKET" IN THE SONG "RITA MAE"..CLAPTON STATES ..IF I CATCH YOU ONE MORE TIME GONNA BLOW YOU BOTH AWAY....YET NO ONE SAID A THING ABOUT THAT?..IT'S THE BLUES AND IT'S SUPPOSED TO SOUND THAT WAY!..NO ONE TAKES THE LYRICS SO LITERALLY AS TO GO SHOOT SOME ONE!. IN MY BOOK CLAPTON HAS EVERY RIGHT TO WRITE SUCH LYRICS. I DON'T CONDONE THE ACT OF SHOOTING ANYONE..BUT, THESE LYRICS ARE TAME COMPARED TO MARILYN MANSON!

JAY TURSER GUITAR

ANYONE OUT THERE GOT A "JAY TURSER HAWK 12 STRING ELECTRIC GUITAR"? IF SO WHAT IS IT LIKE, e.g. ACTION SOUND, BUILD ETC; THANKS, PAUL

hindi song down loads

I want to down load new hindi film songs for free

Re: hindi song down loads

: I want to down load new hindi film songs for free

Re: hindi song down loads

: : I want to down load new hindi film songs for free

hindi song down load

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.