Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2004

Archive for posts from September, 2004

ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

sg guitar plans

anyone have plans for a gibson sg solid body?

Re: PLANS

: ANYONE HAVE ANY CHEAP GUITAR NECKS OR PLANS FOR A LES PAUL BODY AND NECK.

BOSS Metal Zone MT-2

Hey whats up? I was wondering if anybody could help me. My friend recently let me borrow his BOSS Metal Zone distortion pedal. I got home hooked everything up to my Yamaha guitar, plugged everything in correctly and it didn't work. Nothing comes out of the amp. Although if I turn all the volume up I can barely hear it and it sounds crappy. Also, their is no difference when I have the distortion on or off. If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Daniel

Re: BOSS Metal Zone MT-2

try changing the 9v battery.

crikey

blimey have u scrolled down and seen the hindi posts?
theres a load on some previous pages too.
now there's one determined teenager for ya
btw any opinions on a first pedal/fx wotsit? I was thinking Keeley java/comp/ whateva or maybe a visual sound OD, but i don't know at all.
thanks very much all ('part from bozo)

Asturias Model 100 Classical Guitar

I am still trying to find out information about the used guitar I purchased. The label says it's a Jose Asturias Model 100, made in Argentina in 1994. Everything else I've read says that Asturias guitars are made in Japan. Does anyone have any ideas where I can go to find out more info about this guitar?

Re: Asturias Model 100 Classical Guitar

I have one of these - I paid 1100 new - I am looking to sell it now for abount the same price -

It is made in Japan -

It is BEAUTIFUL - figured Rosewood back and sides -

Let me know if you know any one - with an interest it is awesome.

: I am still trying to find out information about the used guitar I purchased. The label says it's a Jose Asturias Model 100, made in Argentina in 1994. Everything else I've read says that Asturias guitars are made in Japan. Does anyone have any ideas where I can go to find out more info about this guitar?

Re: Asturias Model 100 Classical Guitar

: I have one of these - I paid 1100 new - I am looking to sell it now for abount the same price -
: It is made in Japan -

I think you're talking about a different guitar. There is an 'Asturias' label which is from Japan, but I am looking at buying a guitar like this as well and it clearly reads 'Jose Asturias' Model 100 made in Argentina. It appears to be a luthier guitar but I cannot find any information on the luthier.

Stefan

The right Guitar?

I would like to learn guitar. I have waited until late in life and I have stubby fingers. what acoutic guitar would best fit my hand. My index finger is 3.5" long and 3.5" girth at the base. Lets face it they aren't little. Youre help would be apreciated.

Re: The right Guitar?

a nylon strung 'classical guitar' gives the widest neck and string spaces, i would be tempted to learn on one of those.

Does anyone know the length between the pickups on a gibson sg standard

? please help thank you

Re: Does anyone know the length between the pickups on a gibson sg standard

55mm or if you prefer 2 inches.

white pickguard

where could i find a to fit an sg standard??

oops white pickguard

where could i find a white pickguard to fit an sg standard?? *****

Re: oops white pickguard

http://www.wdmusic.com/

Want to sell guitar

Hi I have a used Silvertone guitar its green has only been used a few times its a few years old but its been setting in its bag for a long while also have optimus 20 watt amp to go along with it the guitar has some ware and tare on it but not much also has 1 string missing anyone know what i could get or ask for for this setup? i dont want to get ripped off! email me and let me know riley85@irtc.net thanks

Iam your admierd

i want to comnicat with you because iam your admired pleas you hav to write me I LOVE YOU

DEAN BOCA 12-STRING HOLLOWBODY WANTED

amnyone out there got a dean boca 12-string hollow body OR dean sarasota 12 string hollow body, with hard case forsale ?????, email me with details, cash waiting cheers paul

Al di meola Picking techniques

Does anybody know if there is any information in this book on how to use right hand while picking and if there are any usefull photos included
Thanks

Al di Meola picking technique

Does anybody know if there is any information in this book on how to use right hand while picking and if there are any usefull photos included
Thanks

Al di meola Picking techniques

Thanks

how date a yamaha FG180

I have a yamaha fg180 serial number 919008. What is the year is was made. RET

Looking for "Gunslinger" by Budgie

As the subject, if you can help, have checked out most places, but this one eludes me!!

PRS wiring

Does any one have a wiring diagram for PRS sweet switch? and what is that componant on the switch? is a capasitor or a risistor?

Re: PRS wiring

:The site below has diagrams for many configurations. You may be able to find one that matches what you need.

http://guitarelectronics.zoovy.com/category/wiringresources/

single pick up blonde es 330

This is very rare, what is it worth?

Cleaning problem

I have a lovely Gibson 335, but after using kyser by Dr Stringfellows to polish the body and pick ups etc the result is a horrible smear. Is there any way I can get rid of the smear to leave a nice polished finish. I have used this polish on my Epiphone les paul with no problems. Thanks for any advice.

Re: Cleaning problem

: I have a lovely Gibson 335, but after using kyser by Dr Stringfellows to polish the body and pick ups etc the result is a horrible smear. Is there any way I can get rid of the smear to leave a nice polished finish. I have used this polish on my Epiphone les paul with no problems. Thanks for any advice.

Have you solved your problem yet? Is/was the smear mainly on the chrome-covered pickups or on the body itself, which is nitrocellulose lacquer?

Gibson uses nitro and Epiphones use an acrylic, I think.

Anyhow, the cause of your your smear was the natural oil in the Lem-Oil. There should be no harm done, with a few possible remedies for the situation.

Also, in what condition is the finish on the 335?

Now, I believe you can remedy the situation if all the facts are known. In the meantime, do not touch it with any more oils, especially those with a vegetable base and NO SILICONES which are in some guitar polishes.

I'd gladly say "use this or that" but 10 guys might promptly disagree, and nobody has replied yet, so I see no need to cause a riot.

I would try suggest something on a one-to-one basis, unique to your situation at this time, based on nearly 35 year's experience with most finishes, metals and wood ... with friends who are authors, authorities and actually wrote the book on guitar finishing.

Sorry, this took so long. Strat Man Dwight

help!!

I am trying to identify an awesome guitar player I heard last night. Sounds very similar to Vai and has a German sounding name. Very into tremolo play. I actually saw an article on him in either Guitar Player or Practicing Musician. Any help appreciated

We're all going to hell anyways, so screw everytting... Just play guitar. Thats what counts.

We're all going to hell anyways, so screw everything...
Just play guitar. Thats what counts.

Re: We're all going to hell anyways, so screw everytting... Just play guitar. Thats what counts.

your point? why not play guitar in hell?

gibson es330

how much shoudl i expect to pay for an es330 in good condition ?

standard SG?

http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/pickguard_gib.html

which one out of these will fit a

Re: standard SG?

what year is your SG? is it a reissue? do you want the half pickguard or the batwing?

its a 99 standard. i want the batwing thanks

WD SG-2104
the 70's one will fit. but send him an e-mail and ask him.

ok thanks

New To Music Publishing And Copyrights? This great book is in stores now...

There's a hot new book entitled "IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION - A Beginner's
Guide To Starting A Record Label (3rd Edition)" by Samuel D.
Gilleylen. Only $24.99

Start your own label to............Promote, Distribute and Sell your
own CD! This book is also a good music business book for those who
are new to the independent music business. Good information on
music publishing and copyrights!

Now Available At Public Libraries and Bookstores Across The USA!!
Give this code when asking about this book: ISBN 0972304207

For more information or to order online...... visit our site at......
http://www.futuremix.biz

To order by mail send your mailing info along with a money order (NO
CHECKS ACCEPTED) for $24.99 (Free Shipping!)to:

Future Mix Publications
P.O. Box 181356
Memphis, TN 38181

Guitar Pick Guard RGX-121s

I need a diamond plate pick guard for my yamaha RGX- 121s. Can anyone tell me where i might be able to find one or a website that supplies them to that guitar ?
It has a 2-1-2 formation for the pickups (Humbucker-single coil-humbucker)Thanks soooo much email jstuart56@hotmail.com

Boss GT-6 / seamless

Does anybody know how to get the delay to overlap from one patch to another ( I think it's called "seamless"). I can not believe that it haven't got this funktion.

Boss GT-6 / seamless

Does anybody know how to get the delay to overlap from one patch to another ( I think it's called "seamless"). I can not believe that it haven't got this funktion.

Gibson SG

I have a Gibson SG sn846242 with what seem to be all original pickups and in very excellent condition. I am trying to date this instrument and determine it's value

Re: Gibson SG

1966,1969 one of those 2 years, i know one of that year in the UK would be around £2000- £2,500. being in its original case would help, also the finish has to be untouched, original wiring and all hardware increases value.

Tab

I am trying to find the tab to the song 'Yesterdays Gone' by Jive. if anyone can find it please e-mail me.

thanks

appraisal

can anyone give me an appraisal on a Yamaha classical
guitar that is over 30 years old...model G-170A ????

matts back!

IM BACK BITCHES

Re: matts back!

Matty Matty MATT !!! Yeaaaaaaaah
do we know you?

yur mom knows me

cuz i made sweet sweet love to her biatch

yur mom knows me

cuz i made sweet sweet love to her biatch

me5

can someone tell me how to calibrate a me5 controller so it sounds like hank marvin?

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.