Guitar Discussion Forum Archive - September, 2004

Archive for posts from September, 2004

ArchiveAugust 2004 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2004 ] [ ArchiveJune 2004 ] [ ArchiveMay 2004 ] [ ArchiveApril 2004 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2004 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2004 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2004 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2003 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2003 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2003 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2003 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2003 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2003 ] [ ArchiveJune 2003 ] [ ArchiveMay 2003 ] [ ArchiveApril 2003 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2003 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2003 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2003 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2002 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2002 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2002 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2002 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2002 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2002 ] [ ArchiveJune 2002 ] [ ArchiveMay 2002 ] [ ArchiveApril 2002 ] [ ArchiveMarch 2002 ] [ ArchiveFebruary 2002 ] [ ArchiveJanuary 2002 ] [ ArchiveDecember 2001 ] [ ArchiveNovember 2001 ] [ ArchiveOctober 2001 ] [ ArchiveSeptember 2001 ] [ ArchiveAugust 2001 ] [ ArchiveJuly 2001 ] [ ArchiveJune 2001 ] [ ArchiveMay 2001 ]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.

Re: i'm coming muther fucker !!!!!

of course it is a guitar, somebody get this guy an ambulance, i think you need a holiday mate.

Re: i'm coming muther fucker !!!!!

Are you saying it is a guitar just because it looks like one? Because if that's the reason, you are sadly mistaken. In 1946 Leo Fender crafted something called the Fender Precision Bass. It was supposed to relieve the bass player in the bands of that day from having to lug their double bass's (or stand-up bass if you prefer)around to every gig, do you think that the double bass is a guitar? With the introduction of the electric guitar in the early 40's by Gibson and Gretch, the ability to increase the stage volume left the bass player unheard. So, good old Leo thought he might create a bass that was more portable and one that could be amplified to keep up with the guitars. So, just because the electric bass LOOKS like a guitar it definitely is NOT.

changing guitar strings on piezo fishman bridge

Hey. I just got a Fender American Series Deluxe Ash Stratocaster off eBay because I was in contact with the seller, so I thought it was a safe buy. It was, the guitar arrived today, and it's BETTER than my dream guitar. Anyways, I graduated from a Gibson Les Paul Epiphone Special 2 and it had a stop bar tail piece, and changing strings was easy. With this new guitar, it had a preamp and a Piezo Fishman bridge installed. I was wondering, how do I change strings. It appears the strings go down into the bridge, where my fingers don't fit. If you know how I can change the strings, thanks. I blew the high E string when I was having some fun with this awesome tremolo.

Grimshaw Les Paul type:SG30 serno.571

Hello I have a Crimshaw LP type:SG30 bolt on neck with serialno.571. Can anyone tell me when this instrument was build. It's not in its original state.

Thanks Richard.

Re: Grimshaw Les Paul type:SG30 serno.571

: Hello I have a Crimshaw LP type:SG30 bolt on neck with serialno.571. Can anyone tell me when this instrument was build. It's not in its original state.

: Thanks Richard.
They were made in London by the Emil Grimshaw banjo company. I had one in the 70s and loved it to bits till someone knocked it onto a fireplace and the neck snapped.
They are good instruments and if you are interested in selling I may be interested in buying.

Web-Hosting (sy1494g)

Global-Web-Hosting offers you the placement of your website on the Internet, using the most advanced technology. Powerful servers connected to a state of the art network of more than 5 digital lines in a datacenter that is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Please visit: http://www.gwhpk.com/sy1494g

Sigma SB 25 Banjo

Does anyone know the value of this banjo?
Thanks for the help.

Martin D-41 Year and Market Price?

I am looking at a Martin D-41 serial number 803644 and would like to know the year it was made, where it was made and what the current market price may be. Thanks for any feedback.

charvel ser. # - need model number

I don't know what model charvel I have. The serial # is 329696. Any help would be appreciated.

Are there any ESP players here?

well?

TREVVVVVVVOOOORRRRRRRRRR!!!

there a guy called trevor who plays one.

Re: Are there any ESP players here?

ESP player trevor speaking here, how may i taker youe inqueries?

: well?

Re: Are there any ESP players here?

in like Flint.

Teaching Blind Students Guitar Without Using Braile

Next month I start teaching a class of new students
guitar. I want to make the challenge of having several blind students in with other students a good
learning experience for all. In experience in this type of class setting would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Brad ASU West Learning Center

guitarra yamaha G-240 clasica

hola, mi nombre es Rolando y quiero comprar una guitarra yamaha clasica modelo G 240. deseo saber caracteristicas, maderas, y demas detalles. gracias por la informacion que me puedan bridar.

gretsch

i have a gretsch historic series acoustic 6 string.
model number g3520
serial number gpo2060119
its like a tobbacco burst satin finish
traditional gretsch name inlaid in pearl
fretboard has pearl half circles.

I have bought a supposed Les Paul Studio Tabacco Burst...can you help me identify?

I have purchased what I think is a Les Paul Japanese "studio" guitar. It has a great Tabacco Sunburst finish, gold plated gibson pickups, and the bell top decal that says "studio" from the studio line of Gibson Les Pauls. Now what makes me think it's a copy is it has a bolt on neck (!) and no Gibson or Les Paul Studio decal on the headstock. It does although have a 3-way switch in between the volume and tone controls like the new Slash Les Paul model has. It's serial number is "E760872". I'm thinking Epiphone but I never knew Epiphone made guitars with bolt on necks or made a model with a toggle switch between the volume and tone controls....

Re: I have bought a supposed Les Paul Studio Tabacco Burst...can you help me identify?

i think it is an epiphone and its made in Korea, and yes the koreans do make bolt on necks, the necks are usualy made of maple and these are the cheaper end models, in my neck of the woods the sell for about £100.

Aria Pro II - Indentity needed ?????

Hi
I am trying to identify an Aria Pro II guitar and a friend has and I would like to buy. It features a through neck, active electrics and an unusal six position half-dial switch with several different effects. Any ideas on model, year and price>

wireing

I have a Hammer guitar. It has two single coil pickups and a couble coil humbucker pickup and a volume control knob and a base/treble knob and a littl tloggle switch and also a five way switch.
My wireing has gotten messed up where only on setting on the five way is letting sound get through, i need to know how to run the wires back to where they belong.

Re: wireing

have a look here, it was posted by pookster a few weeks back.
http://www.colomar.com/Shavano/construction.html

Re: wireing

You can check out my website. I build wiring harnesses... www.has-sound.com

need to download hindi songs

i need to download hindi songs

HELP PLEASE, Vintage Elger BASS question

Hi everyone, I have an Elger bass guitar and am trying to get ready and sell it. The only major problem is that I can not find out about how much I should sell it for. I can not find any information on the bass itself and hardy anything on the old company of elger(now ibanez) I am completly lost in what I should do now so ANYHELP is concidered good to me. Thanks for anything!

Re: HELP PLEASE, Vintage Elger BASS question

the reason you cant find info on it is because its a peice of shit, here's an idea why dont you drive it to the nearest cliff top tie the fucker to your feet and throw it over.
thanks for nothing.

boy I'm glad I came here to ask a few questions, hey bud go join the guitar.com site. Here's an idea, why don't you do the world a favor and just hang yourself.

i can only take so much of your constant spew, your agressive attacks, your foul language, and then you expect to post a 'real' question and expect all us serious players to answer it.
If you cant take it dont dish it out.

Dude, I think you got me confused with somone else round here, this was my first post ever.

appologies.

then before you put your name up on a post check out the other MATT (Bass player) his name is spew, if you are a different guy then please accept my appologies, you can see why i got mixed up. If you continue posting here try using a different name.

Re: appologies.

No prob, I'll have to remember that, but really, can I get at least like 200 bucks for this bass you think? It looks great, SG style, not beat up, chrome pickups, it looks really nice, sounds fine.

anything that looks like an EB3 is worth 200, some jack bruce wannabe will buy it for that.

You think you could point me in the direction of some other Elgers on the net, i cant seem to find anything, or at least some pics so I can compare and find model types.

seen this posted on a bass forum last year, the guy is looking to buy an EBO copy elger, try mailing him for info.
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111138

vantage bass

vantage bass

This popular thread has been given its own page : vantage bass

Washburn WG587

brand new, click link for info

Lee, I have a question for you...

Did you ever sell that Fender Starcaster you had?

Re: Lee, I have a question for you...

ive owned 3 strats in my life, a custom shop relic which i sold, and 2 Japs which i still have, one is a squire 87' vintage black with rosewood board and upgraded texas specials, the other is a 62 reissue, i think its a 94' with original pickup, i still have that too.

Hah, sorry, I said STARcaster, not stratocaster.

sorry mate, misread it, i've never owned a starcaster.

Hmm... strange... I thought you had. Nevermind.

Electric guitar size

I am like 13 and want to get an electric guitar...but im like 4ft-11in so im scared that my guitar will be too big for me ..i just want to know is my guitar going to be too big for me or is any type of guitar is good for everyone in every size?

Re: Electric guitar size

you should be ok so long as you dont buy a j200, you can get 3/4 size fully functional electric guitars, but i wouldnt bother with them. Go to the shop and try a few on, see what they look like.

: you should be ok so long as you dont buy a j200, you can get 3/4 size fully functional electric guitars, but i wouldnt bother with them. Go to the shop and try a few on, see what they look like.

Thank but is still dont know. should i get bass guitar or electric whats the dif?

Bass guitars tend to be bigger, thay have a longer neck, 6 string electric will take you longer to learn, and you will find a lot of competition should you want to get into a band, become a good bass player and you can get into any band, both guitars cost about the same kind of money, and similar prices for amplification.

How do I know what is the right size of electric guitar for me? Please email me back at minimac@mail2world.com

: How do I know what is the right size of electric guitar for me? I am about 5'4" Please email me back at minimac@mail2world.com

u all suck my dick

u buncha whores

Re: u all suck my dick

wow your funny

i know

im a fucken comedian

Re: i know

is that so? well ive never laughed at any of your jokes, ive laughed at you but never with you.
sado

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions. Do not include any spaces in your answer.
Image CAPTCHA
Copy the characters (respecting upper/lower case) from the image.

Contact | Contents | Privacy Policy | Forum

This site is published by Hitsquad Pty Ltd. Copyright © 1999 - 2021 , All Rights Reserved.

Affiliate Notice: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.